As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey Hey You You I don't like your [chat] Thread

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Tav wrote: »
    Celebrity thread makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I love hearing about celebs doing cool stuff like showing up at sick kid's birthdays or generally being totally awesome people to their fans.

Kakos got his dice blessed by Mike and Jerry, he can tell you the awesome story when he recovers from the super flu.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Dammit, Kamen Rider Decade ended on a bloody cliffhanger. That's just evil.

Oh well. Kamen Rider Double should be subbed and out within a few days.

Check the thread at SA, there's a torrent for a raw and a rapidshare for a soft sub already (Not sure if it's NTN or Nyaa)

Hard subs should be here by tomorrow

Still gotta wait almost a year for the second Decade movie to get subbed though

I'm waiting for TVN's subs. I'm patient.

...Okay, I'm not patient. I just have distractions.

Excuse me I meant TVN or NTN

You realize they are essentially the same people, just TVN is gayer about preserving the language of glorious nippon, right

I guess they debut two forms in this episode too!

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    Celebrity thread makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I love hearing about celebs doing cool stuff like showing up at sick kid's birthdays or generally being totally awesome people to their fans.

Kakos got his dice blessed by Mike and Jerry, he can tell you the awesome story when he recovers from the super flu.

You mean the PAX pig pox?

yalborap on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    A couple months ago some Jehovas Witnesses showed up at my door of a Saturday afternoon. That was a fun three hours. What an odd couple of people. They actually said they do not self-identify as protestant. And their bible had a couple odd translations to say the least (I of course was reading along in my own Oxford Annotated).

I even gave them my email address but they never wrote...

Edit: And they were practicially parroting the man but they had never heard of St. Augustine.

I've no idea what to expect of Mormons in the home as opposed to Mormons on the sidewalk. Presumably they have some ace in their pocket they shall pull out.

Perhaps they have the seer's stones that Joseph Smith used to translate the Book of Mormon. That'd be convincing.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I have no idea, probably just convention gunk. You normally get something similar from any large gathering of idiots. Like when I went to vegas I had a bit of a cold on return.

Though pax did have its share of "jesus kids shower or something."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    What's an 'MBM'?
    I've been trying to come up with a sex act that fits the acronym but to no avail, so, it's a Michael Bay Movie.

MILF Bum Muffler?

Having anal sex with a MILF outside during the winter.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

I was wondering where kakos was.

But in all seriousness I bet if the roles were reversed in that celebrity thread and say someone like Robert Pattinson did the same type of thing that Webb did then people would be agreeing that he was a total dick and his face is all over the place.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Were they actually Blessed or he just got a pac-man drawn on the dice or what?

I'm not sure which would be better, but I need to know.

Also, are they tinkering with the forum still? Why does it go down like that?

Dman on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    MILF Boob Molester

Tav on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Magically Busty MILFs.

yalborap on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    A couple months ago some Jehovas Witnesses showed up at my door of a Saturday afternoon. That was a fun three hours. What an odd couple of people. They actually said they do not self-identify as protestant. And their bible had a couple odd translations to say the least (I of course was reading along in my own Oxford Annotated).

Edit: And they were practicially parroting the man but they had never heard of St. Augustine.

I've no idea what to expect of Mormons in the home as opposed to Mormons on the sidewalk. Presumably they have some ace in their pocket they shall pull out.

Perhaps they have the seer's stones that Joseph Smith used to translate the Book of Mormon. That'd be convincing.

_J_, you are gonna get totally trounced in this discussion. Seriously. These people do this all day every fuckin' day.

More importantly, in the same way that a Scientologist is not going to bust out with Emperor Xenu and volcano ghosts these Mormons are not going to be going on about magic underpants and Joseph Smith being a total fucking fraud. Granted Smith was a total fucking fraud and they do inded do the magic underpants thing this is not what they are going to talk about when prosletysing.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    My Big Mantenna

Tav on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009

I'm mostly recovered. :)

So, anyway, I'm walking through the expo hall and BAM! there's Mike and Jerry getting their picture taken for something or another. I hang around until they finish and then the start to walk towards me. I say to Jerry, "Excuse me, but could you bless my dice?"

Jerry responds that I should ask Mike to bless my dice since Mike makes good rolls and he makes shitty rolls. I agree to not taint my dice with Jerry's bad luck and hand my fancy set of metal dice to Mike. He makes a few comments on how nice they are and such. He cups them in his hands and holds them out and looks to Jerry and asks Jerry to give some evocation.

Jerry pauses for a second and then, while doing jazz hands, says "No whammies!" Mike laughs and says that was a horrible blessing and that's probably why Jerry rolls so bad. Mike says "I bless these dice for many good rolls" or something along those lines and then hands them back to me. I shake their hands and enjoy my blessed dice.

I was being filmed/photographed, so there's a possibility the incident may show up on the DVD or someting.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    woohoo got tickets to Hamlet for tomorrow

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    MasturBation Material
    In honour of MB masturbating to his own explosions.

Dman on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Maybe Bunnies in Missionary?

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

_J_, you are gonna get totally trounced in this discussion. Seriously. These people do this all day every fuckin' day.

More importantly, in the same way that a Scientologist is not going to bust out with Emperor Xenu and volcano ghosts these Mormons are not going to be going on about magic underpants and Joseph Smith being a total fucking fraud. Granted Smith was a total fucking fraud and they do inded do the magic underpants thing this is not what they are going to talk about when prosletysing.

I spend all day arguing with grad students in philosophy. I greatly doubt that I'll lose to two teenage mormons who didn't even know that Native Americans are one of the lost tribes of Israel.

But I am sort of wondering how the conversation will go. What would constitute "their ground" in the discussion.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dman wrote: »

Were they actually Blessed or he just got a pac-man drawn on the dice or what?

I'm not sure which would be better, but I need to know.

Also, are they tinkering with the forum still? Why does it go down like that?

They were actually blessed, the blessing of "No whammies" I guess Jerry's persona is a lie, he rolls 1's.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009

I spend all day arguing with grad students in philosophy. I greatly doubt that I'll lose to two teenage mormons who didn't even know that Native Americans are one of the lost tribes of Israel.

But I am sort of wondering how the conversation will go. What would constitute "their ground" in the discussion.

Yeah, you'll lose. Your argument will devolve to "it depends on what definition of 'is' you use" or some other sort of the famous _J_ semantic bullshit.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Armageddon over Bad Boys? I mean, I can understand The Rock. But Armageddon? Really, guys? Really?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ugh. I'm tired of being sick.

Damn you, Kakos.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Stephen Lynch tomorrow fuck year!

Tav on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    he is the communist typhoid mary

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Yeah, you'll lose. Your argument will devolve to "it depends on what definition of 'is' you use" or some other sort of the famous _J_ semantic bullshit.

I mostly want to know why Mormonism and not Catholicism and utilize that as a crux for argumentation.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

So, anyway, I'm walking through the expo hall and BAM! there's Mike and Jerry getting their picture taken for something or another. I hang around until they finish and then the start to walk towards me. I say to Jerry, "Excuse me, but could you bless my dice?"

Jerry responds that I should ask Mike to bless my dice since Mike makes good rolls and he makes shitty rolls. I agree to not taint my dice with Jerry's bad luck and hand my fancy set of metal dice to Mike. He makes a few comments on how nice they are and such. He cups them in his hands and holds them out and looks to Jerry and asks Jerry to give some evocation.

Jerry pauses for a second and then, while doing jazz hands, says "No whammies!" Mike laughs and says that was a horrible blessing and that's probably why Jerry rolls so bad. Mike says "I bless these dice for many good rolls" or something along those lines and then hands them back to me. I shake their hands and enjoy my blessed dice.

I was being filmed/photographed, so there's a possibility the incident may show up on the DVD or someting.

Oh thanks god you don't have anything serious. Good my sore throat is probably just sore from all the throat fucking from you and senj.

Woo Tav, I love stephen lynch.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2009

What, you get to see him live? Nice!

Which reminds me, I need to get my El Ray DVD back.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I've seen the kind of thing you post in the philosophy thread _J_. You gonna' get trounced.

Most importantly, you are not going to be able to argue historical facts with them. That is what they are most prepared against. Anything you claim, no matter how good the source, will be ignored as just anti-Mormon propaganda. They have their own alternate history of their religion that would put Dr. Who to shame.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Or claiming that calling a person 'it' is in no way dehumanizing.

Bonus points if he calls the whole lot of us idiots, then goes back to eating popsicles and listening to that godawful song over and over again.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

That is pretty sweet!

Dman on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    My favorite MBM anecdote: they used horseshit in the Armageddon explosions.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Aye, going to the Bulmers Comedy Festival to catch him at a really small venue (Probably about 1000 capacity). I'm in the 7th row and the show sold out in about three days.

Tav on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I have no idea, probably just convention gunk. You normally get something similar from any large gathering of idiots. Like when I went to vegas I had a bit of a cold on return.

Though pax did have its share of "jesus kids shower or something."
    A Jesus kids shower? I thought they stopped making those.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    My favorite MBM anecdote: they used horseshit in the Armageddon explosions.

Ewww. Was it to make them look right or something?

Or were they using manure in the actual explosives?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Wait wait wait

J actually argued that calling someone "it" isn't dehumanizing?

I gotta hear the story behind this

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Aye, going to the Bulmers Comedy Festival to catch him at a really small venue (Probably about 1000 capacity). I'm in the 7th row and the show sold out in about three days.

Very cool. You'll have to bring back photos, if you can. :D

Passerbye on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wait wait wait

Me too.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wait wait wait

It was in reference to you, we thought it was actually very polite.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Greeper wrote: »
    Wait wait wait

Me too.

It was more that he seemed to think referring to Oboro as 'it' was okay. I forget the details of how he argued it.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I've seen the kind of thing you post in the philosophy thread _J_. You gonna' get trounced.

Most importantly, you are not going to be able to argue historical facts with them. That is what they are most prepared against. Anything you claim, no matter how good the source, will be ignored as just anti-Mormon propaganda. They have their own alternate history of their religion that would put Dr. Who to shame.

Will all of their positions come back to a foundation of "The Book of Mormon / Joseph Smith says so"?

_J_ on
This discussion has been closed.