As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Love Story

DynagripDynagrip Break me a million heartsHoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited December 2006 in Debate and/or Discourse
Dear Internets,

It's no secret that I've got more issues than Time, but anyway, I think I'm finally ready to open up and share just what has made it so hard to move on from my 1st true love.
She came from the shittiest home environment imaginable. Take all of your stereotypes about white trash gulfcoast Texas, and then pat yourself on the back.

I'm not quite sure how I first met her. It might have been at my birthday my Freshman year, or maybe it was that Christmas. I don't know which for sure, but she was the best gift ever.
Oh man, did I love her. We started off best friends. It was crazy. Yeah, it was weird how it worked. I mean, take your sappiest Disney movie. And multiply it 100x but without the commercial tie-ins.

Rikki was fucking wild though. That's no lie. She was the toughest bitch ever to have walked through my door. Catty bitchs would front, but no, ma'am Rikki would have none of that. She took down dumbasses 5 times her size. What's even weirder is that my brother and I shared her equally. Don't judge. She loved us both. Before I never would have believed it could happen, but yeah, I was in one of those relationships.

You should have seen how she dressed in winter. Haha, like she was going to break into houses. She totally would have been up for that. Rikki was up for anything any time.

And back to the brother thing. Don't fucking judge. You don't know me. Tell me it's not a beautiful thing to see the girl you love more than any other make your best friend and rival so full of joy. I fucking dare you.

I do think she loved me more though. I left for college. And she stayed back home in Highlands. I visited as often as I could, but still, it was hard.

And well, I learned what they meant when they said that the brightest candles burn the fastest. God, was she bright. You had to squint when you looked at her if you were attached at all to your sight.

But of course, every great love ends. They always do. I didn't make that rule, but it is there nonetheless. It was when we were together on Easter break that I realized our time was going to be cut short far sooner than I could have feared possible.

Rikki, I came home as soon as I could when I heard about the cancer. It was the hardest day of my life. I couldn't believe that evil could have grown inside of you so fast. I was just there for spring break. You were as awesome as you ever were. I can't even understand why you went after Ginger, but hey, it was fucking hilarious.

God, why did you give her cancer? If only there was a way to bring her back. But there isn't, and I'm ready to love again.

It will not diminish what Rikki and I shared. She will always be my first. I still dream about her sometimes. At first they were so realistic. And I was just so happy she was back. As I've gotten older, I realize it's just a dream, and I don't care for one night, I'm in love again.

Rikki, I'm sorry, but I'm ready to love again. I only hope he/she is half as awesome as you were.

I love you,

Dynagrip

p.s. You were really the best ferret I'll ever have.

Dynagrip on

• Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Awesome ending, and if its true I sooo need to get a ferret, but noooo they stink my mom says!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    :lol:

I was this close to calling you an emo faggot.

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You named your ferret Rikki Tikki Tavi? Fucking awesome.

Fencingsax on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    the name Rikki gave it away

A++++ would read again though

FyreWulff on
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sorry man.

I actually felt worse when I caught on that it [spoiler:e48877d081]wasn't a chick.[/spoiler:e48877d081]

I still dream about my dog sometimes. Most of those dreams, though, it feels like he's still around but sick, and he's going to die again. :(

Torso Boy on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    p.s. You were really the best ferret I'll ever have.

That was amazing. I'm still laughing....

_J_ on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Seriously, ferrets own, and cats will always suck.

Rikki was a stone cold bad ass. I don't think I ever saw her meet a cat that she didn't fuck up. Cats are so predictable. They see a ferret. They think, "time to torture my prey." But ferrets are ever playful, and oh boy, do they love to play along.

Don't they, kitty kat???

Dynagrip on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Torso Boy wrote:
    I still dream about my dog sometimes. Most of those dreams, though, it feels like he's still around but sick, and he's going to die again. :(
    Sometimes I dream of my dog still being around and healthy and happy, and then when I wake up I feel like complete shit.

Aroused Bull on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Seriously, ferrets own, and cats will always suck.

Rikki was a stone cold bad ass. I don't think I ever saw her meet a cat that she didn't fuck up. Cats are so predictable. They see a ferret. They think, "time to torture my prey." But ferrets are ever playful, and oh boy, do they love to play along.

Don't they, kitty kat???

Don't ferrets smell pretty bad?

I'm just asking. Because my understanding was that they stunk far more than guinea pigs or rabbits or hampsters.

_J_ on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Torso Boy wrote:
    Sometimes I dream of my dog still being around and healthy and happy, and then when I wake up I feel like complete shit.

I take it you've done the whole having a childhood dog then never ever again thing too?

Incenjucar on
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    -

Andrew_Jay on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh... my... god.

I thought this shit was for real, until that last fucking line.
    Way to toy with my emotions, you bastard.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2006
    Hahaha. After getting to the end, I had to read it again.

Kickass.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Mr. White XDMr. White XD Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Aw shit

This reminds me of my cat, Frisky (I named him when I was 3), who died this October.

Personally, I hate cats, but Frisky acted like a dog, he was just so chilled out and mellow.

I still can't get over not having a lump of fur purring in my bed every time I go to sleep. He was even more special because my Grandma, who passed last year, was the one who gave him to me. I have pictures of me playing that old Mario Game on my Gameboy on Christmas morning, with him laying down next to me sleeping

When he got sick, I felt like shit because I was busy with work and school, and I knew he wasn't getting the love he should have been at that time in his life, even though in retrospect I was with him any moment I could get.

When it came time for him to be put down, it felt really strange. My dad was out of the country, and my mom had a meeting she had to go to, so I was solely responsible for the whole thing.

I paid for someone to make a house call to put him down, since I didn't want his last moments to be in a Vet's office that he didn't feel safe in.

When it was time, the Vet gave him the shot in his belly, and walked out to give me some alone time.

I just remember holding him, with him looking in my eyes, and trying not to freak out because I couldn't imagine losing him. When the shot finally took effect, he basically just fell asleep, very peacefully, and I put him on my bed where he loved to sleep, and walked outside and starting punching the door to my garage until I couldn't feel my hands. I really think I was in shock, and it wasn't a good idea to have done what I did without anyone for comfort, it was beyond me.

Thats enough rambling from me, I'm starting to tear up like a little bitch, but you aren't the only one who has experienced pain at the loss of a pet, I still don't think i'm ready to move on just yet.

Mr. White XD on
    Mr+white+Xd.gif
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    you got me hard man.

I mean, you tricked me violently, not like my dick is hard.

although it was hard when you mentioned the brother sharing. I of course figured you meant brother the way black people use it, and you sort of hit on one of my fantasies, me being passed around between a few "brothers", shared equally of course and making them all happy.

but anyway well writen. I really thought you lost it for a minute, but great thread.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • OriginZeroXOriginZeroX Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It seems like cancer is a common disease that afflicts ferrets when they hit the post-six year mark :cry: .

My ferret Kimberly used to climb up on my chest when I was laying on the couch watching TV and would fall asleep on me.

OriginZeroX on
    image.gif
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Every single one of our pets died from tumors, except for one that went missing. It still makes me kinda sad when I wonder what may have happened to her.

Heidi (cat)- died at 22 from brain tumor/dementia
    Trayf (cat)- died at 20 from brain tumor
    Missy (cat)- died at 21 from general tumors
    Otis (dog, basset hound) - died at 20 from intestinal tumors

FyreWulff on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Is it bad that I just went "oh, neat" when I still thought Rikki was a chick?

Dyna, you are less awesome then initially expected in the middle of that post.

electricitylikesme on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Dublo7 wrote:
    Oh... my... god.

I thought this shit was for real, until that last fucking line.
    Way to toy with my emotions, you bastard.

It was real. That is the joke. And the tragedy. I fucking loved that ferret.

Dynagrip on
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    And that was the story I read on Chrismas eve.

:D

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
    edited December 2006
    Is it bad that I just went "oh, neat" when I still thought Rikki was a chick?

Dyna, you are less awesome then initially expected in the middle of that post.

samurai_will.jpg

I hope you have a good fighting style. You're gonna need it.

Dynagrip on
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    That dog's lookin at him like "Pssht, whatever bitch."

Cogliostro on
  • vrempirevrempire Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    hope to see the picture on the ferret.
    such a cute animal. is it easy to take care of it?

vrempire on
    vrembanner.gif
  • ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    so what does ferret taste like anyway?

Zonkytonkman on
    edited December 2006
    I was going to put this in H/A but uh, well, somebody said that H/A couldn't handle it in there and they were just terrified of what it could be become. I guess it's a good thing the H/A mods like their punishing buttons, because they seem to have lost how to interact with their forum in a humane and shit, fucking warm kind of way.

Now, that's fucking sick when I'm the dude pointing that out.

Dynagrip on