As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Loot Thread

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    I got the Fables hard-bound collection

what

1001 Nights of Snowfall?

or is there some hardcover I don't know about?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Smart Hero wrote:
    Whoo

I gots me a fancy ScottEVest T shirt, a 15 month pass to Universal Studios, $50, some various gadgets.

And as a group present we got a PS3.

!

Cool on the PS3.

You would use a 15 month pass to Universal Studios? Buh?

I don't live near any such attractions so these things are foreign to me.

I mean, I live a few hours from Cedar Point but I hate roller coasters, so feh

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    I got the Fables hard-bound collection

what

1001 Nights of Snowfall?

or is there some hardcover I don't know about?

that's the one.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    oh okay

i was gonna be all "fuck, why did i buy those 7 paperbacks"

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I got the Fables hard-bound collection, a dvd of Raging Bull (!!!), a seriously comfortable sweater, a rad pair of shoes and a new pair of khakis, Excite Truck and Zelda for my brand new Wii, and a new pair of socks and a sketchbook.

I'll post my friend code tomorrow, when I finally have time to get it all set up at home and get my Wii online.

Merry christmas, you mouth-breathing gelatinous cubes of nerdfat, you.

Nice.

Merry Christmas, RankenMatt.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    wait

you accessorize your robotic dog toy?

You're gayer than Manifest

Fuck yes

He wears girl pants and gives out fashion tips

somehow you're gayer than that

If having a sweater set for my idog is wrong,

I don't wanna be right
    Dressing up a dog is already pretty faggish.

But this is a robot dog.

A toy dog.

A fake dog.

A pretend dog.

There are levels of a gay at work here that the minds of mere mortal men could not even begin to fathom.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2006
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    I got the Fables hard-bound collection, a dvd of Raging Bull (!!!), a seriously comfortable sweater, a rad pair of shoes and a new pair of khakis, Excite Truck and Zelda for my brand new Wii, and a new pair of socks and a sketchbook.

I'll post my friend code tomorrow, when I finally have time to get it all set up at home and get my Wii online.

Nice.

Right back at you, MonkeyJohn.

Glad your travels turned out safe.

Oh god I can't believe I have an entire week off following the holiday.

I almost feel guilty for taking this much time off.

But I'm getting paid for it, and as soon as I get back, I'll be working harder than ever.

But still, it just feels so fucking strange.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Monkeybomb wrote:

Nice.

Right back at you, MonkeyJohn.

Glad your travels turned out safe.

Oh god I can't believe I have an entire week off following the holiday.

I almost feel guilty for taking this much time off.

But I'm getting paid for it, and as soon as I get back, I'll be working harder than ever.

But still, it just feels so fucking strange.

I know, me too.

Wait, no, I have to fly down to LA tomorrow to do work and that means I don't get to see my girlfriend until Wednesday.

That's the bad side. The good side is that work is paying for my whole trip out west, including the flight to San Fran to see my family.

So, you know.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    El DudarinoEl Dudarino Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    i got a 360. but i am worried because the console itself is really loud. is that ok or do i need to try and get it replaced?

El Dudarino on
    lebowski11.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    i got a 360. but i am worried because the console itself is really loud. is that ok or do i need to try and get it replaced?
    The Xbox was really loud too, it's nothing new.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got Zelda for my cube, couple dvds (miami vice + ice age 2), some new jeans + a sweater, and books (Neil Gaiman - Fragile things, Haruiki Murakami - Norwegian wood + blind willow, sleeping woman, V for Vendetta, and a hardcover 300).

Oh.. and a couple gift cards and some leather gloves.

Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a 360 too.

But no games besides some motorcycle racing one.

I asked for the receipt for red steel so I put it towards a 360 game. I mean its like would they rather have me do that or just open the game and hardly ever really play it. I still feel bad though

Riggs Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a 360 too.

I asked for the receipt for red steel so I put it towards a 360 game. I mean its like would they rather have me do that or just open the game and hardly ever really play it. I still feel bad though
    get geometry wars

Carl with a K on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I got a 360 too.

You shouldn't feel bad. They didn't get that particular game for you because they thought you'd absolutely love it they got the game because a salesperson recommended it to them. Getting the receipt for the xbox would be another story :P

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a 360 too.

get geometry wars
    yes

also i set new high score on that recently i am so happy

edit: karl get on aim or something

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    JinnJinn Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    i got stoned and went to waffle house

the service was absolutely abysmal :x

Jinn on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    My parents got ridiculous clothes for Greta from one of their friends.
    12-25179.jpg
    I put one of them on Bongi
    12-25180.jpg

I got the better homes and gardens cook book last year but it is like re-getting it for Christmas because I had lost it but my mom found it
    12-25181.jpg

haha
    12-25184.jpg

12-25186.jpg

12-25187.jpg

awesome sweater
    12-25191.jpg

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So far I have gotten:

A dvd player
    A microwave
    A toaster
    Some nice cold weather gloves and a good snowscraper
    A very soften throw blanket, machine washable!
    A tin full of cookies.

Half my presents are left to go.
    One of them involves my license number somehow, though I'm sure it's not a car. My dad asked both me and my brother for ours a while ago.

I have yet to open any presents at my Dads place.

I hope Georgia likes the Sponge Bob Lego set I got her. (She's three!)

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    SyphilisaurusSyphilisaurus Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a 360 too.

You shouldn't feel bad. They didn't get that particular game for you because they thought you'd absolutely love it they got the game because a salesperson recommended it to them. Getting the receipt for the xbox would be another story :P
    Yeah, they'd have to suck pretty bad to get you an Xbox if you didn't want it.

Syphilisaurus on
    adsigcopy4kn.png
  • Options
    Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I meant to say 'So i can put it towards an xbox game'

Thats a really nice looking sweater

Riggs Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Jinn wrote:
    i got stoned and went to waffle house

the service was absolutely abysmal :x
    Duh. Everyone knows service is terrible in 24 hour establishments on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. It's already Waffle House, it's the second string staff that didn't have the sway to get the day off, they're fucking miserable, and it's the only place open, so every dickhole shows up to force servitude on some poor, single mom on Christmas.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Monkeybomb wrote:
    Smart Hero wrote:
    Whoo

I gots me a fancy ScottEVest T shirt, a 15 month pass to Universal Studios, $50, some various gadgets.

And as a group present we got a PS3.

!

Cool on the PS3.

You would use a 15 month pass to Universal Studios? Buh?

I don't live near any such attractions so these things are foreign to me.

I mean, I live a few hours from Cedar Point but I hate roller coasters, so feh

I'm about an hour and 45 minutes away from Orlando, so we tend to go at least three or four times a year.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I enjoyed Universal when I went back in May, but I don't know if I could go more than once a year

Does the pass include Islands of Adventure? Because I didn't get to go there

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    I enjoyed Universal when I went back in May, but I don't know if I could go more than once a year

Yeah, IoA works for it too.

It's awesome.

They also have a bunch of neat restaurants around there as well as an IMAX theater, so there's more to it than just the rides.

Although I've yet to go on the Jurassic Park one, so I hope I'm able to soon.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    TyracoraTyracora Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got gloves and mittens, a down mattress/blanket, chocolate, a phone card, and bed sheets for LJCC. Whoo! Comfortable sleeping in a government facility!

Tyracora on
    Eat your cookies! Don't make me use this gun that I have!
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Picture11-1.jpg

My parents got me up at, like, 7am to open stuff. My head is killing me.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    FFIII? Want.

I pulled some awesome stuff. Mainly flying stuff like a headset case, flight computer, a beefier flashlight for night flying, and a transceiver that is on the way. Other than that, all I really needed was $$$ (which I got) and a Wii (which I didn't), and Wiis are too damn scarce. :(

Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Smart Hero wrote:
    Keith wrote:

It's awesome.

They also have a bunch of neat restaurants around there as well as an IMAX theater, so there's more to it than just the rides.

Keith, you definitely missed out. Islands of Adventure is the best part of Universal Studios.

Syphilisaurus on
    adsigcopy4kn.png
  • Options
    SmokingGunSmokingGun Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I did the whole "birthday and Christmas - combined value" thing this year and got parts for a new computer.

I built it on the dinner table after our evening meal and got it right first time - HDD lights and everything :O

Now I'm doing the same old shit but at twice the speed.

SmokingGun on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Smart Hero wrote:
    Keith wrote:

It's awesome.

Keith, you definitely missed out. Islands of Adventure is the best part of Universal Studios.
    oh god totally

Carl with a K on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Smart Hero wrote:
    Keith wrote:

It's awesome.

I dunno

I'm not really into roller coasters

What I was told was that IoA is more fun, but since I had never been there that I should go to Universal instead

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    CG FaggotryCG Faggotry BristolRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    £100/$180 to spend as I wish on clothes. I like clothes.

CG Faggotry on
    bulbesssigfinal.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Smart Hero wrote:
    Keith wrote:

It's awesome.

I dunno

I'm not really into roller coasters

What I was told was that IoA is more fun, but since I had never been there that I should go to Universal instead
    I can't even remember anything about normal Universal. All the memories I have of my trip relate to Islands of Adventure. It seems like there was more to it than roller coasters (like a Dr. Seuss designed segment of the park) but maybe not.

Syphilisaurus on
    adsigcopy4kn.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Well, all of my friends that went to IoA called me like two hours after we got to Universal/IoA and were saying how they did everything already, while my other friends and I were still just walking around trying out rides

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited December 2006
    h5 me too

bongi on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    There's Marvel Island, which has a pretty rad arcade, Toon Lagoon has all sorts of stuff from newspaper strip characters, The Lost Continent, which has all sorts of rad stuff...

I can't wait to go!

Oh, I also got these super rad boxers with pockets!

This is the shirt, to match the hoodie I already have

prod_tees_short_lg.jpg

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Well, all of my friends that went to IoA called me like two hours after we got to Universal/IoA and were saying how they did everything already, while my other friends and I were still just walking around trying out rides
    Ah, that kind of sucks. If you ever get the chance to go back you should at least spend a couple hours at IoA.

Syphilisaurus on
    adsigcopy4kn.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    the best part of ioa is marvel superhero island

unless thats in universal

i cant remember

Carl with a K on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, 400 dollars going towards clothes.

Javen on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I only got $65 and $45 of that is to hot topic. I need new band shirts

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on