As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Loot Thread

1141517192023

Posts

  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    knives can be used to stop a zombie invasion

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    images%5Cscreen_captures%5CS1E04_Locke_Knives.jpg

    Abracadaniel on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    I got:

    Some new blankets and pillows
    A Trent Lane (of Daria) t-shirt
    Dirge of Cerberus
    Naked Lunch by William Burroughs
    The special extended edition Lord of the Rings collection

    Also some money and a few new knives.

    They still make Daria merch? :o

    Man, I haven't seen any of it anywhere! (but then I haven't really looked on the internet either...)

    I know, man! My sister found it at Hot Topic! I thought they quit making that stuff years ago.

    t Aneur: I have two hands. I never said I carry all my knives with me everywhere I go. I mean, I could, but there wouldn't be any reason unless I were a ninja.

    Shorty on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    knives can be used to stop a zombie invasion
    No, they can't.

    Aneurhythmia on
  • The_Indigo_ApocalypseThe_Indigo_Apocalypse Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hot Topic eh?

    Hmmmm.

    They stopped showing Daria early this year too, which made me quite sad. I wonder if it's out on DVD...

    The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pretty sure it is.

    Abracadaniel on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    knives can be used to stop a zombie invasion
    No, they can't.

    IIRC, the Zombie Survivor guide insists on using a weapon of further range, like a nice long brass pipe or a cricket bat.

    Lucky Cynic on
  • The LuggageThe Luggage Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Basically, this Christmas was enjoyable, but it has only motivated me to go shopping.

    The Luggage on
    Interminable
  • wombatwombat __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    i got

    $500 cash (to pay back getting a wii)
    a hawaiian shirt
    a ucla beanie
    a home made ucla blanket (made by my usc-attending girlfriend)
    a painting kit
    sealab dvds*
    the watchmen*


    * thank you mucho barcardi!

    wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
    Vote for my film! (watching it is also an option)
    wii friend code: 7623 9955 2119 1775
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The people I know IRL are getting their gifts late cause of a sudden shortage of funds.

    Abracadaniel on
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    In addition to the Transformers movie, I got a 2.1 set with which I am currenty blasting my neighbors out.

    So for New Year's, I'm getting an eviction notice.

    Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    this is that thing

    METAL.jpg

    basically i need to rig it up so there are speakers inside that constantly play viking metal

    Knob on
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wombat wrote:
    i got

    $500 cash (to pay back getting a wii)
    a hawaiian shirt
    a ucla beanie
    a home made ucla blanket (made by my usc-attending girlfriend)
    a painting kit
    sealab dvds*
    the watchmen*


    * thank you mucho barcardi!

    yay they arrived!

    Barcardi on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Very nice Knob.

    Abracadaniel on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Smart Hero wrote:
    Pretty sure it is.

    It is not. They have put both the movies, "Is it Fall Yet?" and "Is it College Yet?" on DVD, but due to licensing issues, they have not put out any DVDs of the show itself.

    Shorty on
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    it is fucking gigantic and weighs ten thousand pounds and constantly emits mist and fog and smoke

    if this thing was a graven idol, the cult that worshipped it would sing dragonforce covers for their hymnals

    Knob on
  • The_Indigo_ApocalypseThe_Indigo_Apocalypse Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    Smart Hero wrote:
    Pretty sure it is.

    It is not. They have put both the mobies, "Is it Fall Yet?" and "Is it College Yet?" on DVD, but due to licensing issues, they have not put out any DVDs of the show itself.

    D:

    The_Indigo_Apocalypse on
  • HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So, did RedOctane just hire some programmer's brother to do vocals or something because man, he is terrible.

    I just played through Laid to Rest and he sounded like a retarded man screaming.

    And i think they fucked up the rhythm on the intro to Hangar 18.

    Homeless on
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    i know i'm supposed to like thunderhorse but the guys plays it all wrong

    Knob on
  • HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    i like guitar hero but sometimes it makes me go awwwwwww man

    I'm just some punk-ass 16 year old guitar player and I can tell it's wrong.

    Homeless on
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a new set of really nice dishes. Some swanky drakkar noir cologne, a beautiful mastadon ivory necklace, some new shirts, a japanese tea set and as kind of a gag gift in honor of my new status as a Paramedic student, a kid's doctor's set. haha

    Cogliostro on
  • PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Homeless wrote:
    So, did RedOctane just hire some programmer's brother to do vocals or something because man, he is terrible.

    I just played through Laid to Rest and he sounded like a retarded man screaming.

    And i think they fucked up the rhythm on the intro to Hangar 18.

    Brother Paul and I were playing through Strutter the first time, and he called it "the Whitest fucking solo I've ever heard in my fucking life." If you can't even get a KISS solo right, you really need to pick up a different instrument.

    But I agree, that singer must be someone's fucking cousin or some bum that came in and blew them all for the job, because he sucks. When you sing worse than Joey Ramone, you really should just sew your mouth shut.

    Although listening to him try to hit those notes in Killer Queen was possibly the most hysterical thing I ever heard.

    Pkmoutl on
  • matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So.

    Sprint Phones.

    What ones are good? I got a sprint plan and a freebie phone, I'm hoping to upgrade the phone ASAP. Suggestions?

    matthias00 on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I think I'll just buy an ipod tomorrow.

    I'll still have close to 300 dollars to spend on clothes, so I'm not worried.

    Javen on
  • HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    Homeless wrote:
    So, did RedOctane just hire some programmer's brother to do vocals or something because man, he is terrible.

    I just played through Laid to Rest and he sounded like a retarded man screaming.

    And i think they fucked up the rhythm on the intro to Hangar 18.

    Brother Paul and I were playing through Strutter the first time, and he called it "the Whitest fucking solo I've ever heard in my fucking life." If you can't even get a KISS solo right, you really need to pick up a different instrument.

    But I agree, that singer must be someone's fucking cousin or some bum that came in and blew them all for the job, because he sucks. When you sing worse than Joey Ramone, you really should just sew your mouth shut.

    Although listening to him try to hit those notes in Killer Queen was possibly the most hysterical thing I ever heard.

    I'm tellin' you man.

    Laid to Rest

    just try and keep a straight face. It's even better when you know how the original sounds. I just started laughing.

    Homeless on
  • WevsWevs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a new monitor. It's pretty big, and now I have two of them.

    I got some other stuff too.

    Wevs on
  • PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Homeless wrote:
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    Homeless wrote:
    So, did RedOctane just hire some programmer's brother to do vocals or something because man, he is terrible.

    I just played through Laid to Rest and he sounded like a retarded man screaming.

    And i think they fucked up the rhythm on the intro to Hangar 18.

    Brother Paul and I were playing through Strutter the first time, and he called it "the Whitest fucking solo I've ever heard in my fucking life." If you can't even get a KISS solo right, you really need to pick up a different instrument.

    But I agree, that singer must be someone's fucking cousin or some bum that came in and blew them all for the job, because he sucks. When you sing worse than Joey Ramone, you really should just sew your mouth shut.

    Although listening to him try to hit those notes in Killer Queen was possibly the most hysterical thing I ever heard.

    I'm tellin' you man.

    Laid to Rest

    just try and keep a straight face. It's even better when you know how the original sounds. I just started laughing.

    Is that the death metal sounding thing that sounds like guitars and vomiting?

    Pkmoutl on
  • HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Yeah. I actually like the song when it is done by Lamb of God, but damn.

    Dude sounds like a mentally handicapped man-child.

    Homeless on
  • twispbytwispby Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a portable 7" Sony DVD/CD player since my old one broke a couple of months ago. I use it mainly to watch DVDs in bed and at work.

    A really expensive water cooler.

    A photo editing program.

    Some EB gift card money.

    Various stocking stuffers.

    And a hideous green frog picture frame from my very young sister which I'm going to proudly display forever.

    twispby on
    twispby.png
  • PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh,

    For Xmas, I got one of these:
    euphonium.jpg

    Now I can jam out.

    Pkmoutl on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    Oh,

    For Xmas, I got one of these:
    euphonium.jpg

    Now I can jam out.

    I hope you asked for a euphonium.

    Shorty on
  • PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    Pkmoutl wrote:
    Oh,

    For Xmas, I got one of these:
    euphonium.jpg

    Now I can jam out.

    I hope you asked for a euphonium.

    Uh...

    Not really, but I used to play it.

    My wife also used to play it, and she's wanted to get one for me ever since we met. So in a way, I did want one, but I certainly wasn't expecting it.

    It's really bright and shiny. It sounds good too.

    Pkmoutl on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Pk


    Pk


    what


    with every post of yours, my confused face is getting more and more confused. If this continues, It might just ruin my life.

    Raneados on
  • SuperunknownSuperunknown Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    A Stussy Shirt
    A Chuck Norris quote shirt (Because about 2 and a half years ago I exchanged Chuck Norris quotes with father, and this shirt came out of the blue and I most definatley won't be wearing it)
    Brown pants (Cords)
    Laura - Radio Swan is Down
    TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
    Bloc Party - Silent Alarm Remixed
    Joy Divison - Heart and Soul (Box set, has 81 tracks)
    Torn Apart - The Ian Curtis Story
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Two cork boards containing all my concert tickets and photos I've taken at concerts (I really like that one)
    Various posters.

    I thought all presents were totally fucking awesome except for the Chuck Norris shirt, what the fuck were they thinking?

    Superunknown on
  • PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Raneados wrote:
    Pk


    Pk


    what


    with every post of yours, my confused face is getting more and more confused. If this continues, It might just ruin my life.

    Why?

    My wife got me a low brass instrument for Christmas, and I know how to play it because I played it for three and a half years in High School.

    One step closer to my dream of having a Ska band.

    Pkmoutl on
  • HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ska polka

    Homeless on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    GRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

    Raneados on
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    not normal ska that shit is weak

    skacore



    (does that exist i dearly hope not)

    Knob on
  • PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Raneados wrote:
    GRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

    I think Rainydoes is having an anneurism.

    See, I want to get back in practice so that I can start learning the Trombone.

    Oh, I also want one of these:
    bach_843.jpg

    Pkmoutl on
  • HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    melodic death folk viking ska

    Homeless on
Sign In or Register to comment.