Options

The Loot Thread

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wombat wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Yeah, see, that's just a regular gift exchange. None of that is particularly crappy.

But if all the gifts were "some shit i grabbed on my way out" there wouldn't be incentive to steal, and you might as well just throw everything in a bag and tell people to grab something at random.

this way, with the diversity, there's trickery and deceit and someone always gets stuck with something in the end that no one wants (in this case, the coffee)

That isn't a white elephant gift exchange. That's a different kind, I don't remember what it is, though. A white elephant one is just where everybody draws a name out of a hat and everybody exchanges all at once, that's it.

Shorty on
  • Options
    SoulburnerSoulburner Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got 50 cases of pop.

Now that I have them stacked in my living room I feel like adding to it every month until it forms a staircase you can take to the ceiling.

Soulburner on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Soulburner wrote:
    I got 50 cases of pop.

Congratulations on your diabetes sir

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Soulburner wrote:
    I got 50 cases of pop.

This would have been the perfect fucking opportunity to post the DIABEETUS picture but you fucking blew it, Trillian. I am so disappointed in you.

Shorty on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    wombat wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    Yeah, see, that's just a regular gift exchange. None of that is particularly crappy.

But if all the gifts were "some shit i grabbed on my way out" there wouldn't be incentive to steal, and you might as well just throw everything in a bag and tell people to grab something at random.

this way, with the diversity, there's trickery and deceit and someone always gets stuck with something in the end that no one wants (in this case, the coffee)

That isn't a white elephant gift exchange. That's a different kind, I don't remember what it is, though. A white elephant one is just where everybody draws a name out of a hat and everybody exchanges all at once, that's it.

we always did white elephants as a gift exchange where you gave the most embarrassing gift possible. Like that three foot long double ended dildo for your redneck uncle frank and such

haha spellcheck says dildo isn't a word

Knob on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Knob I'm listening to My Chemical Romance

why the fuck I doing this?

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Knob wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    wombat wrote:
    Shorty wrote:

we always did white elephants as a gift exchange where you gave the most embarrassing gift possible. Like that three foot long double ended dildo for your redneck uncle frank and such

haha spellcheck says dildo isn't a word

Yeah, see, that's great, too.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    wikipedia has this to say

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_elephant_gift_exchange

actually sounds pretty fun

Knob on
  • Options
    wombatwombat __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    wombat wrote:
    Shorty wrote:

whaaat?

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
    Vote for my film! (watching it is also an option)
    wii friend code: 7623 9955 2119 1775
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Raneados wrote:

good lord i have no idea

although i was listening to panic at the disco yesterday, so high five

Knob on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    Trillian wrote:
    Soulburner wrote:
    I got 50 cases of pop.

This would have been the perfect fucking opportunity to post the DIABEETUS picture but you fucking blew it, Trillian. I am so disappointed in you.

Well shit if I had the fucking picture I'd have posted but noooooooo.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Knob wrote:
    Raneados wrote:

good lord i have no idea

although i was listening to panic at the disco yesterday, so high five

I am of the understanding that they are the same band.

not even Wikipedia can convince me otherwise

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    man

so what the heck is going on in the civil war thread? it is bad vibes aplenty all up ins

srsly

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    wombat wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    wombat wrote:
    Shorty wrote:

whaaat?

That's how I've always seen it done, but it would work with the stealing and everything if you kept it all wrapped.

Shorty on
  • Options
    LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a 30GB iPod from the boyfriend, and I will be doing my family Secret Santa gift exchange tomorrow night. Oh the suspense!

Leli on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    wombat wrote:
    Shorty wrote:
    wombat wrote:
    Shorty wrote:

whaaat?

That's how I've always seen it done, but it would work with the stealing and everything if you kept it all wrapped.

what no

you unwrap it when you pick it so you know if its worth stealing or not

it totally screws over the person who picked it if they get something good, because everyone knows about it

shorty i dont know if i can ever celebrate christmas with you, this is turning my whole world upside down

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    wombat wrote:
    man

so what the heck is going on in the civil war thread? it is bad vibes aplenty all up ins

srsly

I think Dyna's getting in touch with his inner cretin.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    I'm still sort of tripping on the idea that Ministry had a country band.

And apparently the dude from Dropkick Murphys had another band called Street Dogs, or something.

Man, I'm out of the loop.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    wombat wrote:
    man

srsly

im afraid to go back into that thread kind of

i mean, he's like snapped or something

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    wombat wrote:
    wombat wrote:
    man

srsly

I think that if he spills over into other threads, he is at least going to get a jailing. I remember one time whippy thought I might be acting like an internet badass and he threatened to ban me for it.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Shorty wrote:
    wombat wrote:
    wombat wrote:
    man

srsly

I think that if he spills over into other threads, he is at least going to get a jailing. I remember one time whippy thought I might be acting like an internet badass and he threatened to ban me for it.

yeah and i mean he's posting links and info and everything

and he yelled at the geek and man woah slow down

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
  • Options
    LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Didn't he make a deal with someone to be nice?

Leli on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

And apparently the dude from Dropkick Murphys had another band called Street Dogs, or something.

Al jourgensen has so many bands

so many awesome bands

Buck Satan & the 666 Shooters are fantastic

rank do you like hank williams III

Knob on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    i thought th deal was he was going to get his theme changed for a week. sig av title everything.

you know what the craziest thing that has happened on these boards this christmas?

tyracora made a good thread

im seriously still in awe

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    Knob wrote:

Al jourgensen has so many bands

so many awesome bands

Buck Satan & the 666 Shooters are fantastic

rank do you like hank williams III

to be honest I haven't heard a lot of hank III

I heard some stuff he did with the Melvins that was pretty rad

and everything I've heard about him is pretty cool

Al Jourgensen is a pretty cool guy

I liked a lot of Lard, and he did a great job producing that song horror of yig for Gwar

I head the name and sort of assumed that they were like the Crucifucks or something

which would have been rad, too

but now I'm all excited and curious to hear this Buck Satan

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Leli wrote:
    Didn't he make a deal with someone to be nice?

Something like that, yeah. I think he was supposed to go for the rest of the year.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Im just gonna hide out in this thread and talk about the other threads from here

so, despite some people's attempts, tyracora's thread is still alive and kicking

crazy world huh

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006

so far they have only played some live songs here and there

al has been threatening to release an album for the last two years, so it should show up eventually

listen to some hank III

i think you would really dig him

(he isn't really very country at all)

Knob on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Knob wrote:

al has been threatening to release an album for the last two years, so it should show up eventually

listen to some hank III

'

I will make an effort to do so

although this means I will probably not listen to him, due to my sheer laziness

and then two years from now someone will mention him

and I'll be all

oh yeah, I hear good things about him

but I'll be all sincere about it

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    hey what is a good way to get my own server running if i have an isp that will kill me if i run a server on it

because i have everything set up to run my own internet radio station right now, except for the connection

Knob on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    needs more ram

woo! an oldie for everyone out there in internetlands!

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I've been wondering that myself

you can do one of those proxy things the kids are always talking about

like a shoutcast thing, I think they call it

but I'm pretty much talking out of my ass right now because I have no idea at all

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Shoutcast is the software i am running on the server

everything is set up and ready to go

all i need is an internet connection that will not kill me if all of the sudden there is a giant ass spike in the bandwidth from my radio server

Knob on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    oh I see

well then

perhaps you something something something more tubes something something joke about a truck

I got nothing

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    what if you use a bandwidth limiter? so you can cap the uploading speed and not have it spike and thus not get killed?

ill be honest im just talking out my ass now

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    also

wow

it is like 1:30

I need to go to bed

but I've been feeling really shitty all day, so I spent most of today taking long naps

and having kittens sleep on my head

and then taking more naps

so I am not tired at all

this is a predicament

I think I should go smoke

that seems to solve problems for me

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Holy shit

just got a yamaha electronic grand piano

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Knob wrote:

listen to some hank III

I'd say he's as country as they come.
    Hank 3 is more akin to Merle Haggard than Tobey Keith though.
    Like, I fucking love country music, but I hate this pop shit. In my eyes, Hank 3 is to country what bands like like Radiohead are to rock music. It's just someone experimenting again.

In other news, my family did x-mas this morning, because we're doing it with the fiancee's family tomorrow.
    My lady bought me some seven jeans, a wicked new coat, my uncle got me a glicee print of the original submarine voyage poster from disneyland and framed it up for me, I got one of those 20Q balls (which was able to guess that I was thinking of both my cock, and snot), a copy of The New Frontier, some new boot socks, some candy, and a copy of this which I've been trying to find for four years (amazon always says they have them, but it's bullshit and no one can ever get it to you). He's my favorite photographer, and it was worth getting just to see the look on my dad's face when he saw what he and my mother had been hunting for.
    white.jpg

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I can seriously dig some merle haggard

especially since he signed onto anti records, he's put out some good stuff and it is awesome to see him able to get back to his roots

but he's just an old-timey honkeytonk motherfucker that don't take no shit

I like that in my music

but god damn this fucking pseudo-patriotic pop bullshit they try to pass off as country these days

I fucking hate it with every fiber of my being

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    Knob wrote:

listen to some hank III

I'd say he's as country as they come.
    Hank 3 is more akin to Merle Haggard than Tobey Keith though.
    Like, I fucking love country music, but I hate this pop shit. In my eyes, Hank 3 is to country what bands like like Radiohead are to rock music. It's just someone experimenting again.

In other news, my family did x-mas this morning, because we're doing it with the fiancee's family tomorrow.
    My lady bought me some seven jeans, a wicked new coat, my uncle got me a glicee print of the original submarine voyage poster from disneyland and framed it up for me, I got one of those 20Q balls (which was able to guess that I was thinking of both my cock, and snot), a copy of The New Frontier, some new boot socks, some candy, and a copy of this which I've been trying to find for four years (amazon always says they have them, but it's bullshit and no one can ever get it to you). He's my favorite photographer, and it was worth getting just to see the look on my dad's face when he saw what he and my mother had been hunting for.
    white.jpg

tell me more about this charlie white character

the wikipedia article on him did not satisfy my hunger

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg