As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

1. can i fix my speakers, 2. can i buy speakers

Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
1) my logitechs broke
the cable connecting them to the computer, something inside it broke
i know this because before it died it only worked in certain positions and those positions got smaller and smaller until none of them worked

can i fix this easily or is it not worth the hassle

2) what 2.1 speakers can i get to replace these that are good
- my friend is selling his old JBL creature 2s for ~50
- any other options i should consider

poo
Shazkar Shadowstorm on

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Buy some new Logitechs, Z-2300's specifically.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This cable... is it just one of those silly Headphone jack to Headphone jack ones?
    If so, you can get those around $5-$8 at Radio Shack.

If it works, hey saved yourself $42ish. If not, well you have an Aux input cable now for your MP3 player!

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wulf wrote: »
    This cable... is it just one of those silly Headphone jack to Headphone jack ones?
    If so, you can get those around $5-$8 at Radio Shack.

If it works, hey saved yourself $42ish. If not, well you have an Aux input cable now for your MP3 player!

the thing is, one end of it isnt disconnectable, i'd need to like, cut the wire and solder it together or something
    or pay someone to do that

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It's easy to fix, as long as you can find where the actual break is. Just strip back some of the insulation, twist the wires together and duct/electrical tape them (or if you have wire nuts, do that then duct/electrical tape). Basically you can't break them any worse than they are, so there's no harm in trying to fix them. Since it's only carrying an audio signal, you don't have to worry about being shocked or anything.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I guess some attempted surgery is not a bad idea... i have a guess where the break is...
    and i have some electric wire

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh and, unplug them first. Unless you hate your ears.

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!