Options

[D&D 4E - RECRUITING] zephyr leader replacement drive.

tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
edited September 2009 in Critical Failures
Though it kind of sucks to have to do this, due to the apparent vanishing of one of my players I'm recruiting another person for my zephyr game. Since the person who is gone was their leader and party balance is very important to the group, I am looking to replace him with another leader. I tried to pare this post down as much as possible. I'm pretty sure I failed. Anyhow I'd imagine if you're interested in playing you'd read it. ;p

A. Overview?
The zephyr campaign is a Dungeons and Dragons 4th edition campaign with its own setting. Much of the foundation for this game was laid out years ago, and the game has been running here at Critical Failures for a little over a year now. The game is sci-fantasy. This is a summary of world/backstory and the events that brought about the need for the current group of heroes to do their thing. I apologize for the length, but it doesn't make sense to ask for concepts and not provide enough information for said concepts to be somewhat relevant.

General Information/World History
The world of zephyr is mostly covered by water (85-90%, compared to Earth's 70%). In addition to islands on the surface (The Lands Below) there are a fairly large number of islands floating in the skies known as drifts (The Lands Above). The people are split into two ethnicities as a result: Lowborne and Highborne. On their own the technology level is close to the 1800s and there are airships and other things of the sort. At one time these lands were united under an ancient and technologically advanced civilization, which somehow fell into decline. It is from that civilization that the world has Wonders.

Much of this technology is lost, but what Wonders remain are vital to the inhabitants survival. Stabilizers for drifts, levees that protect surface islands from the massive waves generated by the planet's fierce storms, and even the system of teleportation gates that connect most of the habitable drifts are all Wonders. Wonders are fought over as much as the other scarce resources available to a world such as this, but that's jumping ahead.

The inhabitants of zephyr were unable to properly maintain Wonders on their own, and eventually they began to fail. It is believed by some that civilization would have ended if not for the arrival of the Alabaster Citadel—a Wonder about the size of a drift—was home to a particularly powerful silver dragon known as Lady Tamerlaine. With the Lady's assistance Zephyr's peoples began to thrive once again. Nations would rise and grow in relative peace and prosperity, but not for long. For reasons unknown she simply vanished, and the doors of the citadel were closed. The lack of a reason contributed to some of the rift between Low and Highborne. Out of the chaos a dragonborn empire would rise, conquering the other existing nations. Despite this even down to the current era a minority of people worship Lady Tamerlaine (for simplicity's sake this is the only modification to the standard pantheon).

This dragonborn empire would not last long, as a plague drive their race to the brink of extinction. As they died out and grew unable to run the offices of their empire more responsibilities would be given to people of other races, and thus did the empire fade away. Some Highborne and Lowborne nations remained friendly towards each other, but strata would continue to divide the people. Wars would be fought, and through a series of treaties some of the more affluent drifts would come to form the Zephyr Coalition. This coalition would gradually become one of the most powerful political entities on Zephyr, and Highborne the dominant body. One of the more powerful Lowborne nations is the nation of Merkaba, who also have one of the last Dragonborn clans on Zephyr.

Where You Come In
Despite the difference in size, the Coalition and Merkabans were often at odds particularly in regard to trade. Merkaban-made products can be found and are sought out in even the highest societies in the Lands Above. They are even one of the few Lowborne powers to successfully annex drifts. Merkaban expansion is often driven by Wonders and their acquisition. Wonders drive the Merkaban culture. Their capital is protected by one of the largest functioning Wondrous levees on Zephyr. If unable to gain wonders through trade, they have a history of going to war to acquire them.

There have been more than a few skirmishes fought against the Zephyr Knights, the coalition's military force, and others over their policies and practices. But there was never full scale warfare until recently. For reasons unknown, the Merkabans began a war against all Highborne. If it were just their military power this would have been suicide. But the Merkabans had gained access to Wondrous weapons, legions of mechanized soldiers known as "Black Knights." Cruel and methodical, these war machines would plunge the world into bloodshed unseen for ages. Yet it would not be enough to win the war, and the Zephyr Coalition was out for blood. Mustering all their forces together in one final assault they set upon the Merkaban capital to reduce it to rubble. This counterattack would fail as the Merkabans had saved the most destructive weapon for the last: the "red stars. In mere minutes the Merkabans would smash the Coalition fleet, and even go on to destroy an inhabited drift, killing thousands.

If not for the return of the Alabaster Citadel there is no telling how far Merkabans would have gone. But this was no divine intervention. The Caretakers, the Lady's personal attendants and keepers of the Citadel moved to act. This bloody war culminated in the destruction of one of the drifts. Feigning the return of its divine owner, their gambit has at least bought the world some time for action. That’s where YOU come in. As many heroic legends tell, the deeds of five men/women can often change the world. You are those five. It is up to you to wreck the Merkaban war machine and bring an end to the chaos. With the aid of foreigner, a hover tank, and an assortment of other individuals.

B. What am I looking for?
I'd imagine if you're reading this part now you're interested in playing. Or you're just going to post an app that will be vaguely relevant to the game. Despite the back-story being rather dark this game isn't. It’s just that the world of Zephyr is really grey and the game isn't broody. Anyhoo, standard disclaimer and other stuff follows.

To the extent that is reasonably possible I would say being able to post at least once a day is a must and being able to post more would be nice too. I'm fairly active during the weekdays with posting, barring any unusual RL circumstances or being busy. I don't expect you to live and breathe this, it's just a game ffs, but yea: it is just a game. Meaning if you don't post you shouldn't feel slighted if you're replaced or whatever, even if I don't really like dropping people.

Really important note: activity includes non-combat. This game has been going on for a while, and it has a lot to do with the players not just rolling combat dice all the time. It's balanced towards both combat and non-combat. As such, strong, silent types are not something I'm looking for either. All characters should be made with the baseline assumption that they will join the group for this adventure. Also, no evil characters. So, what am I looking for at this point?

A post, with the following responses:
1) Current pbp games you are in or run. If you feel you were awesome in some game or whatever you can mention past ones too?
2) Availability M-F for maek post, and time zone you are in.
3) A brief summary of character's appearance and personality. I'd recommend including whether you are highborne/lowborne etc with this too.
4) A selection via a brief in-character response to ONE of the following. This determines how I'd put your character into the game. The personal background you write for your dude can be just about anything you want within reason, these are just generalized groups that represent where you come into the story itself. All characters should be written with the intent to well be a part of the group of course.

Just a quick note too. Be it because of flavour or other reasons, the following races are not acceptable: Deva, Warforged, Revenants, Genasi and monstrous races. Highborne and Lowborne can be of any other race. An Eladrin artificer is something one would see a a Highborne, while a Dwarven warlord may be something more along the lines of a Lowborne character, I'd suppose.
A Survivor wrote:
A Survivor is a person who has served in some capacity within any Highborne military unit. With this background, you will have seen the Wonders used by the Merkabans firsthand. You have lived to survive the tale, however many of your friends have not. How this plays into your character's being is up to you.

"You're devils, the lot of you," the old refugee calls out at you from her shack. Off to the side a little boy cries out for his father. Not wanting to draw further attention to yourself you hastily walk away. "You and your damned war, take this!" You feel a wet thunk against the back of your head. She threw something at you.
The Upperclass Highborne comes from an affluent family or background. When the Merkaban invasion forces took the many material possessions that you either enjoyed or secretly despised, you're put into a situation entirely new to you.

Maybe your family died, or perhaps you view this as your calling to a higher purpose. Either way you're going to do whatever it takes to save your homelands.

"Are you really a Highborne? You don't look that high to me." The little girl asks. "What's so different about us?"
Maybe your piece of the sky wasn't all that good. Your family had to choose between buying bread and buying water. But it beat being a Lowborne. You didn't have much, and when the Merkabans attacked they left you with nothing. Now the Upperclass is looking to fill their depleted army ranks, and you've volunteered (or been volunteered to fight). The Highborne armies are even pulling criminals and brutes into their ranks.

"Ech. Looks like anybody can become a knight these days eh?" The noble says to a guard. Even from this distance you can smell the alcohol coming off his body.
"Please return to your home, sir."
"Who are you ta tell me where I can go? Yer no different than those trash picking lowborne," the noble pauses to search for a word. "Trash!"
When the Merkabans assaulted their enemies in the Lands Below, you were among the few to get to Teleportation Circles to the Lands Above before they were seized. You've come to find that those whom you've come to take refuge with have come to be refugees themselves.

You see how they watch you, they know you're not one of them. Yet, you've decided to fight for them, for their sake and your own.

"You're a Merkaban spy! Guards, stop this man/woman, they're going to bring death upon us all!"
The Highborne nations weren't the only victims of Merkaban atrocities. You're one the last of your town's militia, or a knight of a larger army that has survived one such altercation. Maybe you're a former Merkaban soldier that has deserted the ranks, and now seek redemption by bringing down the war machine you were once a cog in?

"I can tell you're not a Highborne. And from the looks of it, you're military. What's a guy like you doing with them?"

You don't need to fully generate a character, I don't expect one here. Just what I asked for in this post is fine. If you absolutely have to know, the character would be at least level 3, with 24 point buy. Another thing I guess I should mention is that I lean heavily towards encounters that require tactical thinking. Be via it terrain, monster synergies, in-combat skill challenges or whatever, I think it fair to let you know that this isn't a run in and sort it out later kind of game when it comes to combat. That sort of thinking gets you bloodied and unconscious... also, melting in some way (thanks Denada ;p).

You don't need to reserve a post, not like I expect a massive line or whatever. While I would heavily prefer to recruit a person that hasn't been in any games over anybody in one or more, because this game is long going and replacing people is somewhat difficult because it's more of a story driven thing, I'd say that a strong post history would help. I would also prefer that you only put in one submission here per person. If you have questions, please post them here as well.

Seeing as the party is currently in the middle of an encounter and I’m not hot-swapping into the game I’m thinking that the "deadline" for this is going to be a week or give or take a few days. So around Wednesday, September 16th, 2009. Prior to that, it's likely that I won't be viewing the concepts in depth. The last caveat I'd like to throw down is if the player comes back then the situation changes a bit. My players have been with me on this game for months. I'd be hard pressed to just boot somebody out if they've been playing with us after all this time. But as it is I'm fairly confident they're not, so that shouldn't be an issue.

edit: edited because delmain says I suck at typing.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
tastydonuts on

• Options
    fe1dmanfe1dman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sweet, I've been reading your IC thread for a while and was wondering how to get on the standby list.

1) I am currently in two PbPs. Monster Party and The Revenge of Atesh

2) I am in the Pacific timezone, available 9AM-6PM, 10PM-1AM

3) Bombastus H. Buck, the gnomish agent provocateur (read Bard).
    Bombastus Buck, appears as an aging bespectacled upperclass Highborne gnome, balding with only tufts of grey hair on either side of head. Despite his appearance, he is considered middle-aged for a gnome (known to live upwards of 300 years) and his body is deft and virile. His parents were once adventurpreneurs who sought out ancient antiques and risky foreign-trade ventures, eventually returning to Highborne society with their spoils and opening a tavern business. The tavern, simply named Bucks Bar, was eventually passed to Bombastus and business was good. Until the Merkabans decided to spoil the economy with their violent war. Having had enough, Bombastus left the care of his tavern to his cousin, Eldriff, and took up his father's arms to end this fight himself.

Bombastus goes to war wielding not only his father's weapons, but his wit and his tongue. Having spent most of his years working the tavern, he knows how to cool a drunk's temper as well as intimidate ruffians into leaving his establishment. He's also been known to be able to take a licking and hold his own ("Pain don't hurt"). His skills lay mostly in provoking the enemy into making costly mistakes. A valuable skill rumored to have on several occasions been utilized by the criminal elements of the Upper Lands against rival establishments.*

*Maybe they're just rumours, but also a possible tie-in with Denada's Keegan. Us little guys gotta stick together. Also maybe I sell magic sausages and Keegan recognizes me in deep cover behind Merkaban lines?

4) "Are you really a Highborne? You don't look that high to me." The little girl asks. "What's so different about us?"
    Bombastus' face turned scarlet at the girl's brazen remark. It was bad that these lowborne were taking refuge in the Lands Above, it was worse that they had the temerity to question his status or height as a Highborne citizen.

"The difference, little girl," Bombastus turned to face her, finding he was nearly eye-level with his detractor. "is that we Highborne operate with a set moral conscience and character. While your father and uncles were down there losing ground to the Merkaban, and running to our lands for safety-"

"HEY," a gruff voice exclaimed. "Don't talk to her with that tone, I don't care who you are."

The voice came from a large human, obviously the girl's father.

Bombastus narrowed his eyes and turned to the man. "Sir, I am a Bombastus Buck, proprietor of Bucks Bar, while that may not mean much to you, consider this." The gnome's voice grew grave and hollow "I may have lived a life of a restauranteur, but I at least have the courage and the nerve to take arms to defend my home. So while you sit here doing a poor job of defending or even watching your family, I expect a little respect for what I'm going to do to those damned Merkabans for the sake of everyone."

fe1dman on
  • Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey donuts,
    Character: Vandel Lochleer, Eladrin Tactical Warlord
    1) I'm in infidel's Eberron game & Bogarts Mirrors of Tizun Thane with you.
    2) Very available to maek poast during 8-6, M-F. GMT-5 timezone.
    3) Affable, noble, optimistic. A born leader. Friendly & forgiving to a fault. Vandeel is a tall, athletic Eladrin noble with hair like corn & a broad smile. He entered the military out of a sense of dedication to his family, and a desire to protect others. Vandeel spent most of his youth drifting aimlessly from passion to passion. His only focus was on history.

4) "Are you really a Highborne? You don't look that high to me." The little girl asks. "What's so different about us?"
    Stooping to look the girl in one knee, Vandel smiles sadly. "Sweet child, the only thing different about us is the accident of where we were born. I was born up there, & you were born down here. I know that isn't very comforting, but I want you to know that I think you're as good as anyone I've met up there, and I'll never treat you as anything but a princess."

orokos sheet: http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1104

The most important thing for you to know Donuts is I would definitely stick with this. I'm pretty accessible & would not let you or the other players down.

streever on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    streever wrote: »
    The most important thing for you to know Donuts is I would definitely stick with this. I'm pretty accessible & would not let you or the other players down.

rofl... I ADMIRE YOUR SINCERITY STREEVER. ;p

For various reasons, I've bumped the end date for this to be Wednesday the 16th instead of Friday. Still way more than enough time I'd imagine.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    1) Current pbp games you are in or run. If you feel you were awesome in some game or whatever you can mention past ones too?
    I am currently in Feeddannow's MONSTER PARTY! as Remmy the Goblin Artificer

Available 4-6am and 6-10pm Mon to Fri, Pacific Time (-8 GMT).

3) A brief summary of character's appearance and personality. I'd recommend including whether you are highborne/lowborne etc with this too.
    Edwin Charce, Combat Medic (Artificer, HP and Stat Boosting)
    A former highborne student, Edwin is a moross, 20-year-old human with salt and pepper hair (most likely from stress). He joined the coalition army with his classmates in the wave of patriotism during the war. After months of combat, Edwin is one of the last of his graduating class. He is amenable most of the time, but woe to someone that disregards a veteran. Edwin prefers to keep himself busy, but when idle, his right hand mildly shakes with tremors.

4) Survivor
    "You're devils, the lot of you," the old refugee calls out at you from her shack. Off to the side a little boy cries out for his father. Not wanting to draw further attention to yourself you hastily walk away. "You and your damned war, take this!" You feel a wet thunk against the back of your head. She threw something at you.

"How dare you!" Edwin turns around and confronts the woman. "Have you *seen* the Merkaban atrocities?!" Tears well in Edwin's eyes, "Were you at Burning Isles when they bombarded us with fire and acid for days? Or when they dropped Skydown Drift? I've patched up many soldiers, including my friends, hoping they'd make it through this war, but then they'd be dead on the next day's skirmish." Edwin takes a couple steps back and begins walking away from the cringing old woman and crying child. "I'm sorry... I've enough problems on my hands without you adding on top of it."

Edwin isnt angsty, he's just seen a lot of people die.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh. The level listed in the OP is incorrect (part of the reason I didn't really include it as part of what I wanted! ;p). In all likelihood you will be starting off as a 6th or 7th level character. These levels are more appropriate for the types of encounters I run, while keeping the game within the heroic tier scope that I wanted it to be.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    don't worry, I have CB, so I can upgrade if you pick me :D

streever on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Edwin isnt angsty, he's just seen a lot of people die.
    Join our game and I promise I will probably try not to kill your character! :)

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Can I ask who's currently in the party and what their roles are? It might help me decide on a character.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Can I ask who's currently in the party and what their roles are? It might help me decide on a character.

That seems reasonable. Here's an except from the 3rd revision of the OOC thread's OP that I've been working on.

Ewan Stark
    (TheMadjai) Half-Elf Ranger, Highborne, Survivor url="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=119053"][COLOR="PaleGreen"]Sheet[/COLOR][/url
    A ranger serving under the Zephyr Knights Scouts division, Ewan has served the coalition for some time. His actions on the battlefield during Retribution Day saved many lives, and is what earned himself a place on garnered this Righteous Mission. Can be best described as passionate at times. Is a firm follower of the Scouts first strike doctrine.

Sponsored by the Knights.

Keegan Lyriao
    (Denada) Halfling Rogue, Highborne, Upperclass url="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=71735"][COLOR="PaleGreen"]Sheet[/COLOR][/url
    On his home drift, Keegan is known as something of philanthropist and art collector. The quirky halfling that never shut up. But in the underground circles, he goes by the name "Nightbird," a renowned thief. Post Retribution Day, he found himself aboard the Alabaster Citadel with his fence, who'd tasked him with stealing from the Caretakers. His success in this endeavor led to his "recruitment."

Sponsored by the Caretakers.

Eron Chastain
    (Tofystedeth) Human Wizard, Highborne, Lowerclass url="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=119426"][COLOR="PaleGreen"]Sheet[/COLOR][/url
    With most of the proper warmages either deployed or incapacitated post retribution day, Eron has found his career as a wizard has taken a surprising turn for the better. Older than most of his peers, and a Lowborne immigrant, Eron has had an eventful life. His treatment by Highborne in general has left him somewhat embittered. He can't help but think that he was been assigned to the Righteous Mission because the guild felt he was the most expendable mage, given their recent heavy losses. Has proven his worth.

Sponsored by the Knights, Mage's Guild.

Saurin Qigon
    (Dajian) Half-elf Fighter/Warlord, Highborne, Lowerclass url="http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=60480"][COLOR="PaleGreen"]Sheet[/COLOR][/url
    The fronts of Highborne-Merkaban War were not just limited to Coalition drifts. Saurin fought with a mercenary troupe in defense of one of the less affluent nations. Without the backing of the Coalition, the drift was taken, and so he found himself drifting within the mass of refugees that ultimately found shelter on the Alabaster Citadel. When the call came for a fighter, he answered.

Sponsored by the Caretakers.

The sixth character slot is reserved for support NPCs. One of which is a dedicated healer, another is artillery, and there's a few more but I only spoil to a certain point. It's a standard Controller, Defender, Leader and dual Striker package with a wildcard slot (for the npcs). I would imagine that a character that I can envision gelling well with that configuration would probably be good? I dunno.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Martin Stoneshard, Dwarven Cleric of Erathis
    In none ATM.
    Mountain West time zone. Usually available in evenings, lunchtimes.
    Martin wears the face of one who's seen too much and is tired of all of the bullshit. Someone who's just looking for a new start. Once a Lowborne traveling preacher in the Merkaban empire, Martin would tell his parishioners of the innate superiority of the Merkbans, bringing pride to the Lowborne. Sure, the Highborne might put on airs, but the Lowborne were hard-workers with a solid, down-to-earth morality.

And then the war started. And Martin saw the horrors inflicted on both sides. Martin's faith has been shaken, and he's looking for a new source of hope, something to re-ignite his spark and faith in people. He's become somewhat of a pessimist, and tends to sigh a lot, but always looks for the possibility of hope.
    Lowborn Refugee wrote:
    When the Merkabans assaulted their enemies in the Lands Below, you were among the few to get to Teleportation Circles to the Lands Above before they were seized. You've come to find that those whom you've come to take refuge with have come to be refugees themselves.

You see how they watch you, they know you're not one of them. Yet, you've decided to fight for them, for their sake and your own.

"You're a Merkaban spy! Guards, stop this man/woman, they're going to bring death upon us all!"
    Martin sighs, and continues trudging on. He expected no less than hatred and fear. People never seemed to stop disappointing him, refusing to rise above their baser instincts. He was tired of this. The only way that this could end was if Highborne and Lowborne worked together. Why couldn't they see this? Let the guards come! Perhaps they might not be so blind.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Alright, fairly certain you guys are the only folks interested so in all likelihood I'll be giving this a more serious gander sometime tonight.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I'm so into this. If it's not too late I'll try to toss my hat in.

Also: How do you feel about the Kalashtar Race? Thinking a Kalashtar Cleric

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ChemENGR
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Uhm, the only thing I know about Kalashtar is the analogy that Kalashtar are to Humans as Eladrin are to Elves, and they're from Eberron? The rest is a mystery. I guess if I get a chance later I'll see what the CB says about their race.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    It's not too big of a deal. I was trying to decide between a Devoted Kalashtar Cleric or a Backwoods Elven Druid.

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    We await with anticipation!

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    And with various bells a-danglin'

fe1dman on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    1) Current PbP games:

I'm in Monster Party(see sig) and in "Adventures of the Forward Guard", but the latter is kinda on hiatus.

2) Availability

I'm available basically all day M-F. I have classes but often check the forum while I'm in them. I'm in the Eastern Time Zone

3) "Seraton" Kalashtar Devoted Cleric

Seraton (Sarah-tone) is a lovely looking Kalashtar. She resembles the build of a regular human, yet her hair is a striking silver and her eyes a brilliant turquoise. Her hands are delicate, shaped for healing. Despite her beautiful appearance and spotless clothing, she was born a poor child down in the ground. Only her beliefs lie in the clouds. She was born in a remote area of the lands below. There weren't many visitors. Seraton is naive and trusting. She believes without doubt that there is goodness in all life, despite the prejudice she faces as a Lowborne.

When the wonders struck her home, her entire community was shattered. She witnessed the destructive force of the Merkabans first hand. She saw the ruthlessness, how a Merkaban would wound one in order to draw out the others. She was appalled. She was cornered by a rather large Merkaban, who promised to do more than kill her quickly, when the head priest of her temple gave his life to save her. She ran and hid. Eventually she found a group of refugees searching for sanctuary, and began the long journey of her new life...

4) "You're a Merkaban spy! Guards, stop this woman, they're going to bring death upon us all!"

Seraton hid behind a fellow traveler and cowered. The man had been hurt on their journey, his side bled.

"Please sir! I'm not a spy! I've never even talked to the Merkaban!"

The man that hid her spoke up,"She's been with us since the attack," he drew a labored breath,"I prom-argh."

Seraton lay a hand on him, and prayed. He stood straighter and breathed easier. "I promise."

If you don't like the Kalashtar, she can always be an elf.

Thanks for considering, I wait with baited breath

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    God damnit. Don't invite Ruper. Fucking breath baiters. You disgust me.
    Not. I was just going to make a post in response to the ones above you about how they better not wait with any breath bated.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So what you're saying is you wish to abate the bated breath??

Keegan would be proud...

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Noooo another punster. It's too much.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Noooo another punster. It's too much.

Just call me the punisher....ok I'll stop

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Any word on this, tastydonuts? I too wait with baited breath, at which I am a master.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    nope, not yet. still considering things.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So, upon reading, a brief summary of my initial thoughts. ;p

Bombastus H. Buck: An eccentric and slightly romantic highborne gnome?

Vandel Lochleer: Potential Chris Hansen interviewee highborne Eladrin?

Edwin Charce: Loud, angsty, highborne human with problems?

Martin Stoneshard: Dwarven lowborne cleric preacher whose faith has been shaken. Possible martyr?

Would these assessments be somewhat correct?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Vandel Lochleer: Potential Chris Hansen interviewee highborne Eladrin?

@Vandel: "Why don't you have a seat?"
    Bombastus H. Buck: An eccentric and slightly romantic highborne gnome?

Also cranky and cheeky. Possibly with as many mind-numbing stories about his youth as Keegan has about his travels.

fe1dman on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fairly correct for me.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Teammate: C'mon guys! Let's save the world and stop the monsters!

Edwin: I *AM* my own monster!:x

I guess if you *really* want to boil it down that far, tasty. Like any adventure, there's always room to for growing... and jello... but not green jello... green jello is evil...

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I had to google chris hansen :)

more like someone who has realized his life of luxury came at the cost of others, & wants to make amends with the world.

streever on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What about my char? :( did get it in too late?

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nah, I actually just didn't read that far down the thread. sorry about that. lol.

edit: blame the puns.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    So who got in?

SuperRuper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    still deciding.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Alright, at this point I'm going to grab streever for this spot. mostly because I dunno what inf is doing but you may be down to one game again.

tzeentchling: I really want to add you to a game of mine, but I just don't see you around enough. I imagine you're like lurking or something but just be around visibly more.

To everybody else, thanks for your interest. If I come across this unfortunate scenario again, I'll shoot you guys a PM or something. Thanks.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hehe, I understand. I do lurk a lot. Honestly, most of my time is spent here reading IC threads and getting ideas for characters/new twists to throw at my players for the game I run IRL. I don't often post because I don't have a lot new to add to various threads (no shiny DDI subscription for me, so meh to the new stuff), and I'm not particularly interested in phallas or BSG.

tzeentchling on