As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did anyone thank the enforcers yet?

• Options
    CyberpumpkinCyberpumpkin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Every time I saw one and thought I wouldn't be distracting him, I thanked each Enforcer and told him he was doing a great job.

I had an especially nice exchange with the lady who was managing the Metroid line. Very on-the-ball, she. The pack of kids in line before me couldn't pay attention, so they had to be reminded half a dozen times. She was far, far nicer about it than I would have been after the first time.

Cyberpumpkin on
    pax09buttons.jpg
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    nemaihne wrote: »
    BTW, Big Red, I loved your cape. I was told a female enforcer also had one on?

I had a new cape made for this year, one of proper length for me.

I let my short deputy wear my old one which fits her very well :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wasn't hallucinating then. I did see that other caped Enforcer. The two of you could be like Frank Miller's Batman & Robin - big, hulking Batman and female Robin

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Enforcers are RAD.

If Khoo thinks you're an Enforcer, and finds out you're not, then he'll say you're dead to him.

(If he hugs you after that, it's really frightening.)

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • Options
    CatBoyCatBoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Enforcers are RAD.

If Khoo thinks you're an Enforcer, and finds out you're not, then he'll say you're dead to him.

(If he hugs you after that, it's really frightening.)

That is how you know he is ready to kill you.

But, I couldn't be able to enforce without a wonderful team. also AMAZING people, like all of you.
    =3

*logistics* <3

CatBoy on
    <+Djiem|HKO> Woah
    <+Djiem|HKO> Hello Kitty is brutal
    <+Djiem|HKO> A starfish just raped my ass
    <+Gilles> you deserved it
  • Options
    danimal cannondanimal cannon Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    I just joined these forums with the sole purpose of thanking the enforcers. I've had to deal with con staff or security at a few events around the country. The organization and professionalism of the enforcers is 2nd to none, especially when you consider the scale of this event.

Way to lead by example guys.

danimal cannon on
  • Options
    ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited May 2013

Shiggles on
  • Options
    Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    s7arbuck wrote: »
    Atlease 18. (I believe right now I am the youngest enforcer. and if you steal that from me. Well, there can only be one zoolander!)
    You know I'm taking that from you at PAX-East, right? I may not have been 18 for this PAX but I will be before March :P

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Enforcers are RAD.
    squeee!

Glad everyone seemed to enjoy us this year, but I want to thank all the attendees who were super cool this year. As a first year enforcer, half the time I kinda forgot I was wearing the black when just chatting with random people, and that's kinda the idea. We're not supposed to be menacing overlords, we're there to serve you guys!

Also, to the people at the fronts of the concerts on Friday and Saturday, thank you for being AWESOME! The energy kept me awake after VERY long days, and you were super cool when we had to move the barricades back a bit because they were doing the whole encroaching thing :)

Anyway, awesome times, thanks to attendees, enforcers, and everyone else involved, but especially KHOOOOOOOOO!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    BlamemonkeyBlamemonkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SeanBad wrote: »
    Also thank you Makka for being the best.

it is Macca but much <3 sad I missed the stage dive :D
    hml151 wrote: »
    And the one in the kilt that tried to tea bag him. You all were great at your job, friendly, and gave an ill women a wonderful PAX experience again. THANK YOU!

Um this is also me <3

I would like to thank all the attendees that thanked me for being an enforcer.

<3

Macca

Blamemonkey on
  • Options
    GenXerGenXer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Enforcers are RAD.

D'awwww. Thanks Khoo!

GenXer on
    Twitter: @GenXer | Flickr: Gene Eckser | Xbox Live: Gene Eckser
  • Options
    ChairmanMaowChairmanMaow Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    I'd like to express my thanks to PAX attendees and Enforcers and organizers. This was my first year, and it was great.

I'd like to give an extra thanks to the enforcer who re-gifted my families wristbands Friday night after we had decided to go home, rather then stay up at the concert.

Yes, you. You know who you are. Thank you for making PAX09 3 of the best days of this year!

ChairmanMaow on
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh, we shall see!

Atlease 18. (I believe right now I am the youngest enforcer. and if you steal that from me. Well, there can only be one zoolander!)
    You know I'm taking that from you at PAX-East, right? I may not have been 18 for this PAX but I will be before March :P

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Enforcers are RAD.

D'awwww!

We think you're pretty awesome yourself, Khooface. :D

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There were a few people who came up and thanked me, mostly while I was moving stuff around in Handheld. I really, really appreciated it! And all the attendees I ran into were all very nice and very helpful! So thank all of YOU for making my first year as an Enforcer really meaningful and awesome! <3

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'd love to send a huge thanks to the Enforcer that was running things inside the room with the Rock Band tournament. We were all amped up about the competition, and I'm sure he got tired of our complaints about noise from the "other" TV, no matter which side of the room we were on.

He was awesome, I can't remember his name, but he was patient and was an excellent example of how awesome the Enforcers are. :D

So thanks man!! The 'Splosions really appreciate all your hard work!

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I mentioned this particular enforcer in the shout out thread as well, but he was totally awesome so I'll do it here too.

I believe it was the line for the Medium is the Massage panel where this guy ran up to the line and started spouting something about another panel in old victorian english. I can't remember what the hell you were talking about, but it was entertaining nonetheless. Good on you.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PunkJr wrote: »
    I'd love to send a huge thanks to the Enforcer that was running things inside the room with the Rock Band tournament. We were all amped up about the competition, and I'm sure he got tired of our complaints about noise from the "other" TV, no matter which side of the room we were on.

He was awesome, I can't remember his name, but he was patient and was an excellent example of how awesome the Enforcers are. :D

So thanks man!! The 'Splosions really appreciate all your hard work!

Sup. Still have no idea why the one tv was using one more speaker than the other.[they were the same freakin' model TV :P]

Still, much fun was had.

de4dmeta1 on
  • Options
    TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just want to say that the Enforcers made this event better than any other large event I have ever been too, for one simple reason. LINE CONTROL.

Every line I was in, had enforcers at every breaking point, telling people where the end of the line actually was. When waiting in line for the Guild Wars 2 artbook on Sunday(last book giveaway), the poor Enforcer that was there had to deal with people every 30 seconds trying to line up at the break in the line, and not understanding where the line actually went. We were the last 3 people in at the end of the first break in the line (on the corner of the booth) and people kept trying to line up behind us on the other side of the booth, but the line went the other way. I would of went crazy if I was him.

This made for a non stressful experience, most events people line jump, cut, have no respect for other people in line and this makes me want to punch a baby. Not ONCE did I have to get upset about someone cutting in line because there was ALWAYS an enforcer nearby guiding them to the correct location.

You are all awesome, nobody had a bad attitude and everyone was willing to help. Much props to all of you!

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    ChairmanMaowChairmanMaow Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    I just want to say that the Enforcers made this event better than any other large event I have ever been too, for one simple reason. LINE CONTROL.

Every line I was in, had enforcers at every breaking point, telling people where the end of the line actually was. When waiting in line for the Guild Wars 2 artbook on Sunday(last book giveaway), the poor Enforcer that was there had to deal with people every 30 seconds trying to line up at the break in the line, and not understanding where the line actually went. We were the last 3 people in at the end of the first break in the line (on the corner of the booth) and people kept trying to line up behind us on the other side of the booth, but the line went the other way. I would of went crazy if I was him.

This made for a non stressful experience, most events people line jump, cut, have no respect for other people in line and this makes me want to punch a baby. Not ONCE did I have to get upset about someone cutting in line because there was ALWAYS an enforcer nearby guiding them to the correct location.

You are all awesome, nobody had a bad attitude and everyone was willing to help. Much props to all of you!

I noticed and experienced this same thing, and I agree, the enforcers tending to the lines were great, and generally all around helpful regarding this.

Thanks again!

ChairmanMaow on
  • Options
    oyasumidesuoyasumidesu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    THANK you awesome ENFORCERS!!

thank you, enforcer in the waiting line that we all harassed... asking for more grab bags so that one of us could get more magic cards XD - thank you for your patience XDDD

thank you awesome enforcer, who sat with us durring the finale of the omegathon XD hope u had fun at the after party XD

and thank you all (again XD) thanks for being 1337!

oyasumidesu on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i feel like that was me giving you the swag bags.... i am TERRIBLE with faces. but it was fun. running the lines was awesome! and thanks once again for everyone who listened and for the cooperation it really made this enforcer's weekend 100X easier that people were willing to listen and help when we lost people (i remember yelling "looking for micha friend of nate" and within 2 minutes it seemed like 50 other people were shouting it and we found her) and everything else else. the jokes were pricesless (everyone loves LOTRO right!?) and the guys playing dices and i was betting one them (Wil Wheaton line?) anyways, you guys were just really great!
    PS: to the lady who got upset i was saying in line "Guys please move the line this way" and she was upset because her gender was not male. i used the term "guys" in the incorrect fashion of a group of people and not for strictly males. i apologize for the miscommunication. and i hope you enjoyed the rest of the time at pax. in the future i plan on using more general statements when directing a group, such as "people", or "gamers".

thank you, enforcer in the waiting line that we all harassed... asking for more grab bags so that one of us could get more magic cards XD - thank you for your patience XDDD

thank you awesome enforcer, who sat with us durring the finale of the omegathon XD hope u had fun at the after party XD

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    PlagueFairyPlagueFairy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thank you all so much for your hard work. It was my first convention, and I constantly going "ooooooh - SHINY!" and being separated from my group. In the expo hall there was this Pirate Guy who helped me in the right direction, and traded buttons with me. In the skylight expo room there was this hefty bald guy, I shook his hard heartliy in gratitude.
    Thank you, from the scared looking lost girl.

Also, It seemed like the nicer that people were to enforcers, the better EVERYONE'S experience was.
    The only time an enforcer was being a poop was this poor guy in the Queue Hall, I looked at him with a huge smile and said he was being a poop. He laughed and said his 7 yr. old daughter says the same thing.

So, mr cranky guy, I hope your day is going much better today!!! ^_^

Thank you ALL so much for your hard work, You kept me from getting too lost among the throngs of nerdness.

PlagueFairy on
  • Options
    PhoricPhoric Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You know, I tried to thank the enforcers in the two physically largest ways at PAX, and they both screwed up.
    For PAXCHAT with GetInLine Games I tried to send in, "THANK YOU ENFORCERS FOR MAKING THIS AMAZING!" but it ended up saying "OU ENFORCERS FOR MAKING THIS AMAZ". It pissed me off. I tried again, but they turned it off before the message went up. Then, at the final round of the Omegathon, I held up my netbook saying in large letters, "I <3 ENFORCERS!!!!" and the camera never got around to showing the crowd. Though someone out there (one of the guys who went to the Abney Park concert with GW (you know who you are)) got pics of it.

But even if it never got shown, I do <3 you guys!!!

Phoric on
    [Generic Witty Comment]
  • Options
    RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SeanBad wrote: »
    I want to thank the enforcers who took me away for stage diving during Anamanaguchi for letting me stay for the show. Seriously they were very cool about it after they told me to never do it again xD Also thank you Makka for being the best. Oh and Eiren..? I think that's how he spelled it, that guy was awesome too.
    So that was you eh? I was the guy who you almost landed on top of:P.

Thanks enforcers, you guys certainly looked like you had your hands full but you were all friendly through out the weekend.

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    oyasumidesuoyasumidesu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i feel like that was me giving you the swag bags.... i am TERRIBLE with faces. but it was fun. running the lines was awesome! and thanks once again for everyone who listened and for the cooperation it really made this enforcer's weekend 100X easier that people were willing to listen and help when we lost people (i remember yelling "looking for micha friend of nate" and within 2 minutes it seemed like 50 other people were shouting it and we found her) and everything else else. the jokes were pricesless (everyone loves LOTRO right!?) and the guys playing dices and i was betting one them (Wil Wheaton line?) anyways, you guys were just really great!
    PS: to the lady who got upset i was saying in line "Guys please move the line this way" and she was upset because her gender was not male. i used the term "guys" in the incorrect fashion of a group of people and not for strictly males. i apologize for the miscommunication. and i hope you enjoyed the rest of the time at pax. in the future i plan on using more general statements when directing a group, such as "people", or "gamers".

are you thinking of the group with the princess peach and the vault 101 person with the bat? that was us if you are XD

oyasumidesu on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    oh, you guys were great! you guys and caffeine are what kept me through my weekend :)

are you thinking of the group with the princess peach and the vault 101 person with the bat? that was us if you are XD

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    h2oboyh2oboy Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Phoric wrote: »
    You know, I tried to thank the enforcers in the two physically largest ways at PAX, and they both screwed up.

I seriously thought this was going in another direction. :winky:

h2oboy on
  • Options
    ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    As someone who had grumblings about enforcers last year, I have to say that my dealings with them this year were 100% positive. I was really impressed with how hard they worked and how consistently polite each one I met was. Way to go guys!

Tube needs to come up to byoc some time and say hi....

.... so I can threaten him with a cattle prod

:P

Seriously, come say hi next time so I know who you are

I am the gentleman who gave you Propane Nightmares during the WilW panel.

I love the boom chair.

Id love to be a BYOC Enforcer for next year, maybe we can exchange information so that can be done?

Thanks Big Red.

Shaddz on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    You can find me on:
    Twitter.com: @Shaddz
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
    http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
  • Options
    LarkaLarka Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just wanted to send so much thanks the way of the awesome enforcer who taught my boyfriend and I how to play dominion on sunday! We bought our own copy today.

Larka on
  • Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As yet another first year enforcer, I want to add my thanks towards attendee's this year, you made the experience that much more awesome, with your friendliness, thanks, and willingness to follow direction when needed.

I want to thank BYOC attendee's profusely, for always making sure to have you badges showing, and always saying thanks when you walked by, it made the job easier and very enjoyable :)

All in all, thank you everyone, attendee's, fellow Enforcers (Veterans and noobs alike), PA staff, WSCTC staff, and everyone else, for making this one of the best PAXes ever!

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    reerun865reerun865 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This was my first PAX and i loved it. There was a huge amount of people to deal with the first day and everyone was excited as I was. The enforcers i saw were on their toes watching everything with a keen eye and were friendly and knowledgeable. I am a police officer for 13 years and the enforcers that i saw helping people and trying to clear the pathways while free swag was being thrown did the job in a professional and nice way. Kudos to you guys.

reerun865 on
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What are enforcers?

Azazel on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    what are you a N00B?
    haven't you ever been to like, a pax before?
    GOSH! i cant believe how much of a n00B you are. gosh. if we were in counterstrike RIGHT NOW i would TOTALLY PWN you with me sniper. you would be like there. and i would be like pew pew, your dead!
    and everyone would laugh and i would be supreme!

also, hows it going tom?

Azazel wrote: »
    What are enforcers?

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    Hammer24Hammer24 Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    I have to say thank you to all you enforcers for what you did, you were nice, helpful and made everyone feel welcomed at the convention, i am going to tell my friends about your convention and hope more come to it in the future with me, If i was to give you all a grade then it would have to be an A for all your hard work you all did and the way that you did it. Well done all

Hammer24 on
  • Options
    Trisha LynnTrisha Lynn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was a newbie PAX attendee, newbie Cookie Brigader (the one wearing the tiger-print cowboy hat), and I almost always made sure that every Enforcer I saw got a cookie and I thanked every Enforcer I saw for taking care of us the entire weekend.

Favorite Enforcers I vaguely remember:

* Dude with the nose ring who let me walk into/out of BYOC every time I needed to get more cookies or drop off Cookie Brigade money
    * Pirate hat dude in the queue room
    * Dude outside of the Main Theater between the PA "Make a Strip" panel and the SW:TOR demo for whom I pointed out "salmon" going against the stream and trying to get into the MT when people were supposed to be leaving

Thanks to all of you, and I hope to be able to join you as an Enforcer (and still be a Cookie Brigadeer) for PAX East!

Trisha Lynn on
    -- Editor/Publisher, GeekingOutAbout.com
    -- Publisher, Saucy Goose Press
    -- On Twitter @trishalynn
  • Options
    spiderz13spiderz13 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would thank all the Enforcers that would help me out especially the ones on the info desk. I took a picture of all you guys and gals that i will post later.

Quick questions to any enforcers reading this: Where was patient zero at PAX? (if you know the game i am talking about that was played at PAX please put in your input)

spiderz13 on
  • Options
    AlatheiaAlatheia Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    spiderz13 wrote: »
    I would thank all the Enforcers that would help me out especially the ones on the info desk. I took a picture of all you guys and gals that i will post later.

Quick questions to any enforcers reading this: Where was patient zero at PAX? (if you know the game i am talking about that was played at PAX please put in your input)

Yes there was. She was in the Handheld Lounge on the second floor, her sticker said "Patient Zero".

Alatheia on
  • Options
    ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That's where she was when she started ;)

Scoots on
  • Options
    TranceAddictFoXTranceAddictFoX Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I too wanted to say my thanks. Over all I didn't have much problem navigating or enjoying PAX09, even with it being my first year, but the few times I couldn't find something or just had a question there was an enforcer near by happy to help.
    So to the few that helped me, and the rest that were there just in case, Thanks.

TranceAddictFoX on