Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Vince Young and WINNING

The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hopRegistered User regular
edited January 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
D&D, this is a post to talk about Vince Young, potentially the greatest winner I've ever seen in my life, and he's only a rookie.

This is a picture of Vince Young with his current team the Tennessee Titans:

vince-young-tennessean-com.jpg

This is a picture of Vince Young in college, with the University of Texas Longhorns, as he runs to the endzone to snap USC's 3+ season long winning streak in the National Championship game late in the 4th quarter, wearing the same soon-to-be-ubiquitous-with-winning #10:

Vince-Young-Photograph-C12194913.jpeg

Here is a wiki on Vince Young. They appear to not have appreciated my attempts to pare the entry down to one word, "Winner."

The performance by Vince Young in the Rose Bowl last season remains the single greatest individual performance I've ever witnessed on a football field, and nothing appears to have changed. He's doing it again in the pros, with a run-down, raggedy, sorry Tennessee Titans franchise -- single-handedly willing them to win whenever the game is on the line. I'm going to soon be petitioning the OED to include an entry under "winner" which says Vince Young.

So anyway D&D -- do you know of any other winners, and do you seriously think they're as amazing as Vince Young? Because I don't think they are.

wisdom wrote:
if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
The Green Eyed Monster on
«13

Posts

  • suttbeckssuttbecks Registered User
    edited December 2006
    Vince Young just wins football games

    suttbecks on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    How is he better than Jordan?

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2006
    There's no other. He's not just big, fast, strong, and elusive. He never gets rattled. I've watched all the NFL games he's played in so far, and I'll admit, I've been wishing the Titans enter their 4th quarters with deficits. Not that it would matter much. The whole team has aura now. The 4th quarter starts, and they're like "ok, we're gonna win now. You wanna go home?" And it all looks so effortless.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    He's good, but it gets annoying to hear the announcers constantly talk about him. Yeah, he made a good pass, but the guy catching it had something to do with it as well.

    On a related note: What the fuck is wrong with Buffalo? Did their kicker pull a muscle or something? Because that was an incredibly stupid decision.

    Invisible on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:
    How is he better than Jordan?
    Jordan has yellow cheese eyes and was propped up by Scottie Pippen and Bill Cartwright. Vince Young has nothing. The Titans are garbage. They would be like 2-17 right now if it wasn't for Vince. USC would have destroyed the Longhorns if it wasn't for Vince.

    I'll put Jordan as a tentative 1a at this point though. No, fuck that -- #2, with Bill Russell being #1a.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Invisible wrote:
    He's good, but it gets annoying to hear the announcers constantly talk about him. Yeah, he made a good pass, but the guy catching it had something to do with it as well.
    His receivers are, by all reliable accounts, pure garbage compared to the average NFL receiving corps. On top of that, his receivers don't have to make plays in the pocket like Vince Young does, because they're not at the mercy of a terrible offensive line. Then, to top it all off, his receivers don't have to decide how exactly how to win on each play. They just run their routes and wait for Vince to bring the winning to them, whether it be with his arm, his legs, or his superhumanity.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It's always tough to say if a player will be good in the pros by thier college career. there's pelnty of Heisman winners who fizzled out in the NFL after a few years.

    As a marginal USC fan I'm not inclined to like Vince much. Time will tell if he makes it ni the pros. I'm also pleasantly surprised by Reggie and the Saints this year.

    nexuscrawler on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    As a marginal USC fan I'm not inclined to like Vince much. Time will tell if he makes it ni the pros. I'm also pleasantly surprised by Reggie and the Saints this year.
    Time will tell??!??!

    TIME WILL TELL??!??!??

    Are you HIGH? Do you WATCH football? Do you UNDERSTAND what the point is? The point is to WIN games, and Vince Young has DONE that for a MORIBUND franchise. The 4th quarter comes, and VY does what is NECESSARY so that when the clock expires the scoreboard reads a higher score for his team's than for his opponent's. Anybody who can't see that Vince Young is (1) insanely talented, (2) already one of the best QBs in the NFL, and (3) so over-full with WINNING then you are just insane.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Why oh why didn't the Texans pick up Young in the draft?

    I hope they're kicking themselves now.

    Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Big Dookie wrote:
    Why oh why didn't the Texans pick up Young in the draft?

    I hope they're kicking themselves now.

    Self-groin punching might be a better move.

    I am only a casual football fan, so I suppose the next big winner I'm a fan of is Sidney Crosby in the NHL. He's picking up the"Next One" torch that so many others have burned themselves with (this means you Lindros!). I imagine this is pretty much a football only thread, so I wont go on too much.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77, you fucker


    Way to make me feel the pain. God I love being a Houston sports fan. Yeah, that's right, Bob McNair, stick with that fucking HEB surfer boy retard.

    Sure Carr looks good in the parking lot, but you get him on the streets, and fuck, Carr Crash time.

    I loved it when Young wrecked the Texans. Fuck that franchise for betraying its native son. I'm not watching their fucking games any more until they find a less douchey owner. It all starts with them. He would have only drafted Young if he'd agreed to be his caddy. Fuck that noise, VY is here to stay, and he is here to play.

    Dude reminds me of my personal favorite still playing, Steve McNair. Tough as fucking nails. Dogged for maybe not being all there in the brains department, but they have the courage of a fucking lion and you have to drag their battered corpse off the field.

    These dudes also evolve. McNair did that cool shit that Vince does prior to Hurking Daunte Culpepper giving Brothah QBs a bad rep.

    Who gives a fuck if he's not as fast as Vick? Who'd you rather try to tackle? Herpes infested no ball handled skills fairy Ron Mexico, or a dude that runs so straight and high up that he fucking dares you to try and hit him.

    I approve of this thread.

    hi5!

    Dynagrip on
    ok98TNK.png
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Corvus wrote:
    I am only a casual football fan, so I suppose the next big winner I'm a fan of is Sidney Crosby in the NHL. He's picking up the"Next One" torch that so many others have burned themselves with (this means you Lindros!). I imagine this is pretty much a football only thread, so I wont go on too much.
    Let it be clear that this is NOT a football only thread -- this is about winning, of which I can think of few examples better than Vince Young.

    (okay maybe on review Bill Russell is better than Vince, but that is all I will admit)

    I haven't been able to see too much of Sidney Crosby, but based on what I have seen (1) Alexander Ovechkin is a better player, and (2) there's been plenty of players at his talent level in the NHL over the years. He has no place whatsoever in the discussion of true greats -- right now he's in league with Kariya's or Selanne's (although actually below Selanne's league) and WAY below the Messier's and Lindros' and Kurri's or Coffey's or Yzerman's or whatever. He's good, but I'm not sold on him whatsoever. Joe Thornton or Jaromir Jagr or Chris Pronger are better players playing right now from what I know.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Charles fucking Barkley
    (SC)Charles_Barkley_Photo.jpg


    Nolan motherfucking Ryan.

    33-31688-F.jpg
    Fuck you Clemens. You might have been a better pitcher, but I've seen you run and hide behind your catcher's coattails. I've seen you flick shards of a bat at a dude like the backstabbing cowfucker you are. I know you, you chickenshit bully. I hope you get shanked in some backwards Boston alley.

    Dynagrip on
    ok98TNK.png
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Charles Barkley was a competitor, but he was not a winner like Vince Young or Bill Russell or Michael Jordan. He openly admitted that he hated playing defense, and while he loved to give hell on the offensive end, he didn't bother whatsoever with playing D, which automatically nixes him in this discussion.

    I'm telling you, if VY hadn't hurt his ankle on the play prior, he would have kicked that 60-yarder to beat bitch-ass Peyton Manning himself.

    I don't know enough about Nolan Ryan to really comment, except that clearly he's better than Roger "Horse Pills" Clemens.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Corvus wrote:
    I am only a casual football fan, so I suppose the next big winner I'm a fan of is Sidney Crosby in the NHL. He's picking up the"Next One" torch that so many others have burned themselves with (this means you Lindros!). I imagine this is pretty much a football only thread, so I wont go on too much.
    Let it be clear that this is NOT a football only thread -- this is about winning, of which I can think of few examples better than Vince Young.

    (okay maybe on review Bill Russell is better than Vince, but that is all I will admit)

    I haven't been able to see too much of Sidney Crosby, but based on what I have seen (1) Alexander Ovechkin is a better player, and (2) there's been plenty of players at his talent level in the NHL over the years. He has no place whatsoever in the discussion of true greats -- right now he's in league with Kariya's or Selanne's (although actually below Selanne's league) and WAY below the Messier's and Lindros' and Kurri's or Coffey's or Yzerman's or whatever. He's good, but I'm not sold on him whatsoever. Joe Thornton or Jaromir Jagr or Chris Pronger are better players playing right now from what I know.

    Ovechkin is more dynamic, to be sure, but overall, Crosby will have the longer, more sucsessful career. He's got better talent to play with in Pittsburgh, or Kansas, or wherever the fuck the Penguins end up. But, I've seen Ovechkin before. He's Pavel Bure 2.0 and I forsee blown up knees in Alexander the Great's future. On the otherhand, that Penguins team has multiple Cups written all over it.

    Crosby is leading the NHL in scoring at the age of 19. He's five points up on Jagr, but he's played six less games. He's also a +18, while Ovechkin, despite being fourth in scoring, is only an even. That means there are a lot more goals scored against Ove's team while he's on the ice than are scored on Crosby's, or Jagrs teams.

    Crosby's definetly more of a future winner than a current winner now. Comparing d-men to forwards is hard, and Pronger is certainly the best d-man in the league right now. Its a tricksy comparison though.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I had a chance to attend a Texas game while he was playing, and as much as I hate Texas (OU fan myself), the man is a winner. There is just no other way to say it. That is just who he is.

    Crayon on
    "I am conscious of my inability to grasp, in all its details and positive developments, any very large portion of human knowledge."
    X-Box Tag: PrettyGoodCake
    PSN: LLatikuf
  • PootPoot Registered User
    edited December 2006
    Just watching him run, I dunno, he just doesn't look like he touches the ground. He just kinda floats.

    Poot on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Corvus wrote:
    Ovechkin is more dynamic, to be sure, but overall, Crosby will have the longer, more sucsessful career. He's got better talent to play with in Pittsburgh, or Kansas, or wherever the fuck the Penguins end up. But, I've seen Ovechkin before. He's Pavel Bure 2.0 and I forsee blown up knees in Alexander the Great's future. On the otherhand, that Penguins team has multiple Cups written all over it.

    Crosby is leading the NHL in scoring at the age of 19. He's five points up on Jagr, but he's played six less games. He's also a +18, while Ovechkin, despite being fourth in scoring, is only an even. That means there are a lot more goals scored against Ove's team while he's on the ice than are scored on Crosby's, or Jagrs teams.

    Crosby's definetly more of a future winner than a current winner now. Comparing d-men to forwards is hard, and Pronger is certainly the best d-man in the league right now. Its a tricksy comparison though.
    Pavel Bure single-handedly carried a team to within a game and about a goal or two of winning the Stanley Cup Finals, against a Messier led team, when Messier was at the height of his powers, who had just knocked off a Brodeur led team to get their, so they were no slouches. That Vancouver team was all Bure's. If Ovechkin turns out like him, then it will only re-enforce that he is better than Crosby.

    The thing that slowed Bure down was the clutch and grab NHL, not his knees.

    Otherwise -- I dunno, Washington is sort of a dead in the water franchise, so I don't know how far Ovechkin will get with them. Crosby seems to be in a place where they embraced the youth movement BEFORE he got there, so he's in PRIME real estate. We'll see -- I'll have to watch him more, but right now I say Ovechking is THAT DUDE.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    I don't know enough about Nolan Ryan to really comment, except that clearly he's better than Roger "Horse Pills" Clemens.
    Ask anything you want about Ryan. He was a stone cold bad ass. Right before his poor shoulder finally blew out.

    At like 42/44, he's pitching for the Lone Star Rangers against the Drrrty Sox. Baby face Ventura is at the plate. Nolan Ryan clips him, and stupid fucking Ventura, with more shit in his brains than in his bowels, decides to charge the mound.

    Background on the Nolan Express. The man is a cowboy. Like not those gaymos with starz on their heads up in Dallas, but a real true cowboy. His idea of a great weekend is to find the biggest bull around and just MMA it into the dust. LOVES IT!

    Well, when Ryan saw this retard charging the mound, he sighed, rolled his eyes took off his glove and stepped forward.

    Ventura was in a rocksolid headlock before he could even touch him and Ryan started just whaling on him with his pitching hand. Yeah, he kept pitching after the finished serving up Ventura burgers in the stands.

    Dynagrip on
    ok98TNK.png
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Counterpoint to Winners: Cornfed idiots that drive an otherwise great franchise down into the muck, to make it like the place of their birth.

    All out there on the field, having fun, some might say like a kid. They don't care where they heave that ball, as long as it looks like the most reckless fucking gunsling ever.

    And really, gunslinger is an insulting term. Favre is the kind of dude that would shoot his own dick off as soon as he put his hand on his piece.

    brett-favre.jpg

    Dynagrip on
    ok98TNK.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Seriously, that Rose Bowl performance was art. He completely owned the Trojans in the 4th quarter. He did whatever he wanted to.

    I kept telling my dad that this will be the single greatest perforamance I will ever see in my life.

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    haha, but will they win the superbowl

    alllll signs point to no

    Barcardi on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Barcardi wrote:
    haha, but will they win the superbowl

    alllll signs point to no[/img]

    Vince Young wouldn't have fucked up the bbcode

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    rivers fucked up the bbcode all night and still won

    Barcardi on
  • RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User
    edited December 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Counterpoint to Winners: Cornfed idiots that drive an otherwise great franchise down into the muck, to make it like the place of their birth...
    HEY!! You do NOT talk bad about Favre! That's my job (as a Bears fan)!

    But damn, Vince Young is really killing them out there. This is just more evidence that Houston is a city full of idiots that I was glad to get out of in August. I do miss the 99 Cent Only stores, though.

    Raggaholic on
    Feral wrote:
    Hell just froze over, because I just agreed with everything Raggaholic said in post about sex.
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2006
    Barcardi wrote:
    rivers fucked up the bbcode all night and still won
    You best step off, motherfucker!

    Rivers might ride LT and the Juiced Boy to the big show, but he won't be the one to propel his team. This is about winners, not overrated-hangers-on.

    Rivers? Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? You disgust me.

    Poot wrote:
    Just watching him run, I dunno, he just doesn't look like he touches the ground. He just kinda floats.
    He's got endzone magnets. He just gets pulled to it.

    celery77 wrote:
    Invisible wrote:
    He's good, but it gets annoying to hear the announcers constantly talk about him. Yeah, he made a good pass, but the guy catching it had something to do with it as well.
    His receivers are, by all reliable accounts, pure garbage compared to the average NFL receiving corps. On top of that, his receivers don't have to make plays in the pocket like Vince Young does, because they're not at the mercy of a terrible offensive line. Then, to top it all off, his receivers don't have to decide how exactly how to win on each play. They just run their routes and wait for Vince to bring the winning to them, whether it be with his arm, his legs, or his superhumanity.
    Truth. The Titan's #1 receiver is a former UCLA QB. A slow, soft-ass QB, who can never take a hit.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • YosemiteSamYosemiteSam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Being a Bills fan sucks.

    YosemiteSam on
    We are all very lucky to live in a world where there is this much music.
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Being a Bills fan sucks.

    Light dawns on marble head

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • YosemiteSamYosemiteSam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Poldy wrote:
    Being a Bills fan sucks.

    Light dawns on marble head
    Hey, I didn't choose to be born in fucking Buffalo.

    Big news: this year, it snowed even more than usual.

    YosemiteSam on
    We are all very lucky to live in a world where there is this much music.
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    What was the guy's name... the ukranian greco-roman wrestler who was undefeated for like, 14 years before he got beat by some fat american farmer's kid because he was clearly past his prime?

    That guy was pretty good at winning, is the point.

    Edit: It was Aleksander Karelin, and it was only 13 years.

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    do you lack faith, brother?
    or do you believe?
  • ZimmydoomZimmydoom Registered User
    edited December 2006
    Tom Brady is 70-23 in the regular season.

    Tom Brady is 10-1 in the playoffs.

    Tom Brady is 3-0 in Super Bowl games.

    Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady.

    Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The man brings up a good point...

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Zimmydoom wrote:
    Tom Brady is 70-23 in the regular season.

    Tom Brady is 10-1 in the playoffs.

    Tom Brady is 3-0 in Super Bowl games.

    Tom Brady Tom Brady Tom Brady.
    Discounting the SB victory and the 3 (!) playoff victories gotten on that terrible lie that is the "tuck rule," we'd have to actually scale those back a little bit. Tom Brady also had a little thing called "talent" all around him. Put Vince on a team with a defense, a run attack, and other players whose names we can actually remember, and he'd be able to do just as much damage.

    Also, VY = 1-0 in National Championship games. How's Brady in those Bowls?

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Also, VY = 1-0 in National Championship games. How's Brady in those Bowls?

    low blow

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    But really, Bill Russell was the best winner of ever.

    Olympic gold medal.
    Two NCAA championships.
    11 NBA championships.

    Can anyone compete with that?

    deadonthestreet on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    But really, Bill Russell was the best winner of ever.

    Olympic gold medal.
    Two NCAA championships.
    11 NBA championships.

    Can anyone compete with that?
    Vince is only a rookie, but otherwise no.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Vince is only a rookie, but otherwise no.

    This is why he doesn't deserve to be called the greatest winner of all time. Not even close. He hasn't proven himself yet.

    Yeah, he's great. But Big Ben blew the league away when he came in as a rookie also, won a bunch of games in a row and all that. The more Vince plays, the more teams can game plan for him.

    THAT's when he'll be able to prove himself. You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves.

    gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    gundam470 wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Vince is only a rookie, but otherwise no.

    This is why he doesn't deserve to be called the greatest winner of all time. Not even close. He hasn't proven himself yet.

    Yeah, he's great. But Big Ben blew the league away when he came in as a rookie also, won a bunch of games in a row and all that. The more Vince plays, the more teams can game plan for him.

    THAT's when he'll be able to prove himself. You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves.
    ^^ non-believer ^^

    Well now we all know where you stand once judgment comes, Mr. Hoge.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The kid has the best talent I've seen in a long time and the motherfucker has a great will to win. But he's a ROOKIE. Come on now. When he's a 10 year vet and his career is coming to a close, then we can have this conversation. It's ridiculous right now.

    gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2006
    gundam470 wrote:
    Yeah, he's great. But Big Ben blew the league away when he came in as a rookie also, won a bunch of games in a row and all that.
    No he didn't. Ben just "managed" games. He was a handing-it-off machine. He wasn't asked to do anything special.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.