As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh, James Okeefe...why are you such a douche? [ACORN]

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    kildy wrote: »
    "We video taped the entire visit, the government has those tapes, and I'm eager for them to be released because they refute the false claims being repeated by much of the mainstream media."

Wait wait, so he's saying that the release of the full unedited tapes may tell a different story than the one being portrayed in the media? D:

That this is his statement is delicious irony.

IOKIYAR

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/28/how-david-shuster-lied-to-get-me-to-appear-on-msnbc/

Breitbart is whining that he was "tricked" by the following e-mail:

shuster-email.jpg

So let's see here.

Guy pretends to be a pimp and begs ACORN to help him rescue some children, then edits the footage later to make it look like they're supporting child prostitution: Hard hitting journalism.

One journalist asking a public figure to appear on a TV show ask him some basic questions: "OMG, he tricked me!"

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    kildy wrote: »
    "We video taped the entire visit, the government has those tapes, and I'm eager for them to be released because they refute the false claims being repeated by much of the mainstream media."

Wait wait, so he's saying that the release of the full unedited tapes may tell a different story than the one being portrayed in the media? D:

That this is his statement is delicious irony.

More like poetic justice.

Couscous on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    http://biggovernment.com/2010/01/28/how-david-shuster-lied-to-get-me-to-appear-on-msnbc/

shuster-email.jpg

So let's see here.

Guy pretends to be a pimp and begs ACORN to help him rescue some children, then edits the footage later to make it look like they're supporting child prostitution: Hard hitting journalism.

One journalist asking a public figure to appear on a TV show ask him some basic questions: "OMG, he tricked me!"

IOKIYAR

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

shuster-email.jpg

So let's see here.

IOKIYAR

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!? I can't figure it out.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010

shuster-email.jpg

So let's see here.

IOKIYAR

It's OK If You're A Republican

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh... here I thought it was a new sexual act involving a crowded restroom, a cancer stricken wife and an underage boy.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Oh... here I thought it was a new sexual act involving a crowded restroom, a cancer stricken wife and an underage boy.

IOKIYAR

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

It's OK If You're A Republican

IOKIYAR

These lulz are so epic I had to construct the quote tree, so future generations can get the lulz completely in context.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Zython wrote: »
    Guys, you HAVE to see this exclusive video of Andrew Breitbart and James O'Keefe conspiring to break the law.

That lego man appears to be naked... Is that a worksafe link?

Well, the dialogue is non-sexual in nature, but yes, there is a fig-leaf wearing lego man for no reason. Wait till you get home if you want to be extra cautious. Trust me, it's worth the wait.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm reading back through this over the recent activity, and aside from the guy acting like a silly goose with claims, the case seems to be taking the right direction in proving his guilt in doctoring the footage he was trying to nail ACORN with. Or did I miss something?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm reading back through this over the recent activity, and aside from the guy acting like a silly goose with claims, the case seems to be taking the right direction in proving his guilt in doctoring the footage he was trying to nail ACORN with. Or did I miss something?

Well in airing the acorn footage he already broke the law I believe in 3 of the states he took it (he taped without their permission or even knowledge) and that of course has been ignored. Is it any wonder he continues to admit to a felony despite you know IT BEING FELONY?!

Okeefe and his ilk need to be slapped down because maybe the next "investigative journalist" from the right wing brings a god damn bomb and timothy mcveighs a place, its not outside their morals and its happened before.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    O' Keefe is one of those douchebags who only believes in freedom of speech for people who agree with him, in which case it's absolute and puts you above the law. Of course, people who don't agree with him shouldn't even be allowed to vote. One delicious irony is that if O Keefe is convicted of a felony, then they means no more voting.

A lot of people said that they should put the republicans who sponsored a resolution in praise of O' Keefe under scrutiny. A better solution would be for the democrats to sponsor a resolution in order to condemn his actions, thereby forcing the republicans to either stand by O' Keefe's actions or admit that they were wrong.

Hell, even better: Do it before the trial, and watch the GOP hypocrites scream "bills of attainder!"

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Better: Democrats stop being fucking pansies. That defunding of ACORN might be the most cowardly thing this Congress has done, which is saying a lot.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Did O'Keefe get out of jail free yet?

Taramoor on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Better: Democrats stop being fucking pansies. That defunding of ACORN might be the most cowardly thing this Congress has done, which is saying a lot.

But the reason Dems were letting it happen is because they knew damn well it'd kneecap a bunch of Conservative funding groups, and would never pass because they'd immediately either pull back or kill their own bill.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

But the reason Dems were letting it happen is because they knew damn well it'd kneecap a bunch of Conservative funding groups, and would never pass because they'd immediately either pull back or kill their own bill.

What's more likely: cowardly Congressional Democrats or devious Congressional Democrats? They passed it because they were wetting their pants.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Taramoor wrote: »

If you call "Sent to live with his parents under house arrest until the hearing" as "out of jail free"

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Lanz wrote: »

If you call "Sent to live with his parents under house arrest until the hearing" as "out of jail free"

Now I picture O'Keefe in his parents basement (probably where he was to begin with) trying on new "costumes" for future "sting operations".

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »

Now I picture O'Keefe in his parents basement (probably where he was to begin with) trying on new "costumes" for future "sting operations".

This time, he will pose as a transvestite prostitute to trick some random Democratic Party employee into paying him to suck his cock. He wil videotape the cocksucking using a hidden camera.

Couscous on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Couscous wrote: »

This time, he will pose as a transvestite prostitute to trick some random Democratic Party employee into paying him to suck his cock. He wil videotape the cocksucking using a hidden camera.

Unfortunately, his plan will backfire and he will snag a Republican congresscritter instead.

Fox News will still label him a Democrat.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The fundamentalists represent the fascist side of the conservatives, the teabaggers represent the crazy side of conservatives, and the college republicans represent the douchey side of conservatives.

Has anyone ever met a single college republican who wasn't an attention whoring douche with a severe martyr complex? Just one.

Hell, even Andrew Breitbart looks like a college republican. Only older.

James O' Keefe is basically to ACORN what Ashley Todd was to Obama.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

"I'm a pretty princess!"

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

"I'm the prettiest pimpcess!"

Shadowen on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/31/us/politics/31landrieu.html?pagewanted=all
    And then there was Ben Wetmore, 28, who was not arrested but who allowed Mr. Dai, Mr. O’Keefe and Mr. Basel to stay at his house in New Orleans this month. The authorities have not indicated that Mr. Wetmore, a Loyola law student, was connected to the incident at Ms. Landrieu’s office, but he has nonetheless played a vital role in Mr. O’Keefe’s career, as well as that of Mr. Basel and other activists.

Mr. Wetmore helped introduce many of the activists to one another and inspired them through his take on attention-grabbing tactics. His often behind-the-scenes role was detailed in a trail he left on the Internet, as well as in several interviews.

“Benjamin Wetmore: a mentor of mine; a genius,” Mr. O’Keefe said during an interview with The New York Times in September, after the Acorn videos were released. “He said, ‘Take on the politically correct crowd on campus, satirically.’ ”

Mr. O’Keefe declined several interview requests, and Mr. Wetmore responded to an e-mail message by sending photographs of Jayson Blair, a reporter for The New York Times who resigned after admitting to plagiarism and fabrication. Mr. Dai, Mr. Basel and Mr. Flanagan could not be reached for comment. (The four men arrested were freed on bail, awaiting a pretrial hearing.)
    Yeah. Plagiarism and fabrication is apparently much worse than treason and fabrication. Especially when your fabrication results in unconstitutional congressional legislation.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    O'keefe and his ilk are really disgusting. All the worse that they might get off despite mutiple confessions to the crime they are charged.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Blair was fired and told to go to hell. O'Keefe is being treated as doing something understandable if stupid.

Couscous on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Why would they get off, beyond sympathy?

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The best case scenario is that the Flanagan dude flips on the other three, taking down some of the higher ups in the process. Of course, there will be pressures not to make it look like favoritism, so he needs to be able to give something worth it.

As corrupt as the GOP might be, if O Keefe and his gang gets off, then that means an open invitation for treason and terrorism as long as you're a college douchebag. Not exactly a good precedent.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Barcardi wrote: »
    Why would they get off, beyond sympathy?

It's more that the republicans have been able to do shit that they should have been nailed for going on 9 years, I just don't see anything changing.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    From the article I posted earlier:
    Also at the luncheon was Mr. Flanagan, who had worked as an intern in the offices of several Republican members of Congress. He moved to New Orleans last year, putting in a few hours a week as a blogger for the Pelican Institute.

David Centofante, who was in a defense and strategic studies program with Mr. Flanagan at Missouri State University, said he received an e-mail message from Mr. Flanagan a couple of weeks ago.

“He said to me, ‘You know the guy O’Keefe who did the Acorn thing?’ ” Mr. Centofante said. “ ‘We’re working together on something kind of cool.’ ”

Things did not quite work out as planned.

Looks like Flanagan doesn't know to keep his mouth shut.

Which is a good thing.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    http://spectator.org/archives/2010/02/01/free-james-okeefe

Goddamnit Ben Stein.
    Free James O'Keefe

By Ben Stein on 2.1.10 @ 6:09AM

In case you wonder what the future is for justice and law enforcement and media control in this country, take a look at two cases.

During the last Presidential election, a gang of men calling themselves Black Panthers showed up at a polling place in Michigan. They threatened any voter who did not vote for Barack Obama. This was witnessed and documented. (I am suspicious of their involvement with the real Black Panthers, whom I knew well in New Haven, who had a little more finesse along with many, many faults.)

The bullying was barely reported in the media. Even though it is an unequivocal violation of voting rights laws, it was decided by Obama's Attorney General, Eric Holder, not to prosecute the case at all. Holder is the legal genius who thought of holding the trial for the self-styled master mind of 9/11, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, in downtown Manhattan instead of in a military setting. He has recently backtracked on that.

A few days ago, four young conservatives posed as telephone repairmen and entered the branch office of Senator Mary Landrieu of Louisiana in New Orleans. Their goal was to check to see if the phone system in the office was working. The men, under the leadership of a young media impresario named James O'Keefe, were querying why constituents of Sen. Landrieu had been unable to register negative feelings about Obamacare on the Senator's phone line. They had been told that perhaps the phones were out of order.

O'Keefe is the fellow who recorded workers at liberal advocacy group ACORN telling a young woman how to set up a brothel for 14-year-old illegal immigrant girls from Central America. This had caused considerable anger towards ACORN, one of Obama's most stalwart supporting groups.

Back at Sen. Landrieu's office, someone was suspicious of the O'Keefe group and called police. The men were arrested and are now charged with a federal felony of something called tampering with a federal phone line.

The New York Times had a front page story about the men and their conservative college pranks. At the top of the story was a photo of each of the men in prison orange.

This was presumably to humiliate these men.

I don't see it that way. These men were journalists trying to get a story. They didn't even touch a phone as far as I can learn. They were undercover reporters and TV operators. But that doesn't matter. Their real crime was disturbing the peace and quiet of the nation's liberal establishment and embarrassing ACORN. For this, these young overeager guerrilla journalists are charged with a federal crime. ("First Amendment? What's that?")

Meanwhile, no charges against those thugs with the clubs at the polling place.

Does this give you the feeling that maybe the prison orange for Mr. O'Keefe and his pals is a mark of courage and honor and that the rest of us should be shivering about what the Obama Justice Department thinks is law? When was the last time you read about federal charges against a liberal reporter for going undercover? The behavior of the feds here is not just worrisome. It is something beyond that. But, Mr. Holder, here is a line from the civil rights struggle I worked in before you were born: We are not afraid. And we're not going away.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ben Stein is goddamn crazy.

Also I always love that rhetorical device. "Several years ago, a crime unrelated to this one occurred. Today, these men are being arrested for no more than committing a greater crime. How dare you, sir?"

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ben Stein should stick with promoting credit report sites.

Bama on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bama wrote: »

He's promoting Comcast now. Match made in heaven.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »

He's promoting Comcast now. Match made in heaven.
    With Shaq!

[edit] Did Ben Stein just try to hand-wave away what appears to be conspiring to dick with a senator's phones by saying "First Amendment!" It's like conservatives think it's the equivalent of "NOT IT" when one of your friends is all "and one of us will have to partner up with the fat one."

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ben Stein is simply acting out a key role in a movie he himself was in!

He's Ferris Bueller's sister, Jeanie.

Tach on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ben Stein has no problem with tapping phones, recall that he worked for Nixon.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You just know that if they had managed to do it, the Republicans would be going after Landrieu's office for letting four random people walk in and get National Security secrets off of her phone line.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ben Stein is goddamn crazy.

Also I always love that rhetorical device. "Several years ago, a crime unrelated to this one occurred. Today, these men are being arrested for no more than committing a greater crime. How dare you, sir?"

I always like to ask them how the injustice of not punishing one crime justifies the injustice of not punishing another crime.

Couscous on