Options

[Game On] YUUUUUUUUUUUGIOOOOOH!!! ONLINE

• Options
    DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hullabaloo wrote:
    So i'm like downloading. Going to be a while.

Do we have any sort of organised way of meeting up with each other? I really have no idea how to play so it'd be cool if I get horribly raped in game by people I sorta know then random 12 year olds.

PA Ventrilo server.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shit yeah got my third cyber dragon.

If anyone comes across a Cyber Barrier Dragon, a Polymerization type card or a photon generator unit which you don't need, lemme know.
    I have a photon generator.

I also have two Raviel.

<3 on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The only reason I am not flaming this thread with the most foul profanity I know is that it was just Christmas.

But the fact that this franchise (and the one that spawned it, you know which one) even exists is an effrontery to god.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    MuddBudd wrote:
    The only reason I am not flaming this thread with the most foul profanity I know is that it was just Christmas.

But the fact that this franchise (and the one that spawned it, you know which one) even exists is an effrontery to god.

Well, someone on this forum actually used the word effrontery. In my opinion, that is the greatest Christmas gift of all.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    RobRob Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    firekiun wrote:
    is there a place that tell you which pack give you what?

Damn I'll wait for the DS one.

The YuGiOh GX one? I've never heard of/played/seen GX. What's it like?

Rob on
    alchemy.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    MuddBudd wrote:

Konami? But Konami is awesome.

<3 on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I watched a few episodes of the anime, but each time it was only the last 5 minutes or so since there was nothing else on while channel surfing. Always the same thing. 2 people shouting absolutely inane info about their cards.

"I play the Curse of Ramalama! It gives my mummy 100 attack points. It also lets me put up a magical shield and draw two cards. Ha HA!

"Well I play Dingdong's Spirit. This drains your shield and attacks you for 1000 damage. It also lets me use my special cannon attack. You are doomed!"

"Oh no! It's time to play my ultimate card: Deus Ex Machina!"

...like that, only WAY more fucked out descriptions on what their cards are. I'd watch this and wonder... how the HELL are you supposed to know how to play this? Or know what ALL these cards do? And the 10-13 age demographic is supposed to understand this?

It basically succeeded in making me realize I'm officially out of touch with that part of the world now. Is the actual game a lot more down to earth than that?

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It basically succeeded in making me realize I'm officially out of touch with that part of the world now. Is the actual game a lot more down to earth than that?
    Well, there isn't quite so much screaming and people tend not to draw That One Single Card They Need. But on the other hand, on every card is written what it actually does, so it tends to make more sense.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Just erase the anime from your head and this will become like any other TCGs.

<3 on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    there needs to be tag team card battles

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    <3 wrote:
    Just erase the anime from your head and this will become like any other TCGs.

Well, like any other TCG with horrible Engrish card names. You get to do things like Blast Held By a Tribute Different Dimension Master and then the left side of your brain eats itself in agony.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    After a couple of days of playing, my opinion is this game is much improved over the first version, and I enjoy a good duel. The new avatars allow you to personalise it a bit more and adds character to the game.

However, it is marred by the horrible charging scheme they plan to implement, and the fact that you win 1 card per duel or 3 cards per match. Unlike a real life booster pack, you aren't guaranteed to get some sort of rare card either, and even knowing which cards you want and what packs they're in, it will take a stupid amount of time (or exploititive 'grinding') to get them.

What they should have done is added more of a bonus for winning, for example, winning a duel would give you 3 cards and winning a match would give you 9. They have a points system in place where you earn points for a win. I'm not sure if they plan to make packs buyable with these points, but I would hope so. In any case, at the moment, they serve no purpose.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Anyone up for a duel against a new player?

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
  • Options
    LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm on vent if anyone wants to duel =/.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    GertBeefGertBeef Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I don't think this has been mentioned.

To all those people who have'nt played this before (like me), here is an interactive demo. It is really helpful and totally gay.

http://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/yugioh/en/gameplay/demo/default.aspx

GertBeef on
    gertsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    SNES wrote:
    Rob wrote:
    Nothing about this is working for me. Not even auto duel. :( I'm going to try again, because I really want this to work.

(for free)

(and I'm a big noob at this game. Last YuGiOh game I played was Duel of the Roses? for ps2?)

edit: finally got auto duel working. although i'm getting my ass kicked. :(

Wasn't Duelists of the Roses an SRPG spin-off?

No, it was crap. (Yes, it was.)

'HOLY SHIT I'M GOING BACK TO ENGLAND CIRCA 1600.

Good day sir. We too play a fun little game called 'Dueleth Monstereth', but we tend to fuck it up with a horrible tactics element!'

I'll be on ventrilo.

Rob on
    alchemy.gif
  • Options
    HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Alright, i just logged in for the first time.

Anyone on at the moment?

Hullabaloo on
    Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Hullabaloo wrote:
    Alright, i just logged in for the first time.

Anyone on at the moment?

I'll play a round. PAdeswa, blue guy. City B in the blue door.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    <3 wrote:
    Making my deck right now.

You can only have 40 cards in a deck right?

Up to 60, I think it is, but 40 is the maximum most people use since it makes it MUCH easier to pull through cards and not get stuck with shit.

1 out of 40 is also a much better chance than 1 out of 60.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    The censoring in the chat filter makes me cringe. I can't use Hullabaloo because of the loo in it. When was loo a freaking swear word? Honestly.

Hullabaloo on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    More like Ho is crazy, it is used so often...

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Deswa wrote:
    More like Ho is crazy, it is used so often...

That it is.

Also, that was fun despite me losing every match :P. We should do it again.

Edit: On another note, you'd think the auto battle with the level limit turned on wouldn't set up a level 1 guy with level 13 guys all the time.

Hullabaloo on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    MuddBudd wrote:

Well, someone on this forum actually used the word effrontery. In my opinion, that is the greatest Christmas gift of all.

I only know what that word means because of the damn GRE

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    Thoughtless MuseThoughtless Muse Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    MuddBudd wrote:

Do you like, know anything about the series? At all? Go to town on the TCG, I don't give a shit, but the manga is quite awesome.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    MuddBudd wrote:

Do you like, know anything about the series? At all? Go to town on the TCG, I don't give a shit, but the manga is quite awesome.

i actually enjoyed watching it on the WB until the cards became... REAL. That's when it got stupid as shit and I stopped watching it.

Also, all the yelling is funny.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    MuddBudd wrote:

i actually enjoyed watching it on the WB until the cards became... REAL. That's when it got stupid as shit and I stopped watching it.

Also, all the yelling is funny.

The anime is a joke. It gets pretty good at parts during Battle City, but all the filler and the huge drops in animation quality really prevent it from comparing to the manga.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    2 gigs? It was 800 megs for me.

Also you need to have 40 cards to play; 60 card max I believe.

Don't have a deck with 60 damn cards, it's stupid.
    Won my first turnament with a 72 card deck, I believe. Stall with major card burning.
    Howling Mine!

Oh wait, wrong game.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I used to watch the show. Back when it was a game, and not all crazy real and shit.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    ZeroZero wrote:
    I used to watch the show. Back when it was a game, and not all crazy real and shit.

Yeah, that was all filler. The egyptian arc that finished up the series was in the manga, though, just none of the Atlantis bullshit.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    It was fun in the very beginning, where Yugi and the gang plays random games like D&D and such. Then later on they focused on only the cards, then it kinda when down hill.

<3 on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I thought the way Yugi beat Pegasus was an interesting turn that I had never seen in a children's television show before. I mean, the show was still meh, but it had it's moments.

Now if only they didn'y rely on cheap stereotypes all the time.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    HAY I'M JOEY I HAVE MORE OF A BROOKLYN ACCENT THAN A REAL NEW YOWKA LET'S GET AUTHENTIC ITALIAN PIZZA!

Like that stereotype?

The manga was so bad ass, especially the first few volumes when Yugi didn't even play DM, he just owned people with Shadow Games. I also didn't really like the whole Dungeon Dice Monsters part. Then I stopped watching. I should really get more volumes of the manga.

And start getting good at this game.

Rob on
    alchemy.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Anyone up for a few rounds? Also, I am willing to take any Dark World card off anyone.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I want to download this but I don't.

Because I know it will come off my computer in a few days, but I want to play you guys

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Either my level 14 cock sucking opponent is ashamed of losing to a level 1 in one round and is timing out to not count it as a lose, or he just went afk for no reason.

I also pulled a Yugioh, I won from having 1600 life to 7000. It was glorious.

Fucker left to pull it out as a draw, what a bitch. On the plus side, I got 3 effect cards.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
  • Options
    [GHSC]Ryctor[GHSC]Ryctor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    anyone have a mirror yet? I cant even get the damn thing to start downloading now.

[GHSC]Ryctor on
    You'd be surprised the amount of damage a hauler can do in the right hands ~ Istvaan Shogaatsu
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Oh man i'm making such a kickass deck atm.

Spellcasters spellcasters L O L.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Is there a specific place were PA'ers are meeting, I really dont want to play against the 12 year old crowd..and would rather have my ass handed to me by PA'ers instead

omega71 on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    We generally hang out in World Domino City A.

Select world on the languages list, not english.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    :oops:

Am I to be ashamed for starting to download it?

Ive got all the GBA Yugioh games zeroed BTW, and the cards are unavaliable here, but Ive got some decks for fun out of pirated cards.

JCM on