Options

[Game On] YUUUUUUUUUUUGIOOOOOH!!! ONLINE

• Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well, I've basically just started playing. I'm in World Domino City A going by PAMiSTieOtaku.

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get that gwaddamn "end of the world" card going? Every time i try to use it when all the requirements are met, it dosen't ever let me use it.

That said, the rest of my deck seems prett solid. I'm using that default dark deck with a few things switched out and around. I need some more powerful dark monsters in there though, anyone know packs that seem to get you dark monsters?

(Also it's cool how using a field card changes the background. Sure, it's a small thing but hell it's a card game.)

Hullabaloo on
    Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • Options
    DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hullabaloo wrote:
    Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get that gwaddamn "end of the world" card going? Every time i try to use it when all the requirements are met, it dosen't ever let me use it.

That said, the rest of my deck seems prett solid. I'm using that default dark deck with a few things switched out and around. I need some more powerful dark monsters in there though, anyone know packs that seem to get you dark monsters?

(Also it's cool how using a field card changes the background. Sure, it's a small thing but hell it's a card game.)

If you're looking for the Dark World monsters and their appropriate spell/trap cards, you want to be picking Pack 38 for your wins.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    firekiunfirekiun Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hullabaloo wrote:

If you're looking for the Dark World monsters and their appropriate spell/trap cards, you want to be picking Pack 38 for your wins.

End of the World is a ritual monster card, if you have that card and demis or Queen in your hand you can use the magic card to summon 1 of that monster.

So you use End of the World, sacrafice total of 8 stars of monster(1x 8 star, or 2x 4 stars, or 3x 3 stars as long as total => 8) you can summon that ritual monster from your "hand".

Ritual summoning is only useful if you build a deck dedicated to ritual mosnter, so dump it (alone with the ritual mosnter cards, they are blue).

There should be an icon showing what type of card it is, icon for equip, ritual, quickplay, etc.

firekiun on
    PSN ID : Kiunch

I play Blazblue, Soul Calibur 4, Street Fighter 4 and soon Tekken 6... yeah... so add me if you want to play any of those.
  • Options
    Thoughtless MuseThoughtless Muse Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Tried downloading this last night, and after waiting 40 mintues for it to download, I realized I didn't have 2 gigs of free space on my HD. Not even close. Anything I can do about this short of buying a new hard drive?

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Tried downloading this last night, and after waiting 40 mintues for it to download, I realized I didn't have 2 gigs of free space on my HD. Not even close. Anything I can do about this short of buying a new hard drive?

Clean your temp folder and get rid of old useless stuff.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
  • Options
    akenn129akenn129 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    anyone else stupid like me and can not figure out how to duel???

my player is sittin in a room and all i can do is open the menu in the bottom left corner and edit my deck, make a msg, etc...

but my char just stands there, i want to leave the room and duel!

akenn129 on
    Pokeymans Diamond FC: 5240 8392 0439
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    akenn129 wrote:

my player is sittin in a room and all i can do is open the menu in the bottom left corner and edit my deck, make a msg, etc...

Right click is to move, hold it down.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
  • Options
    akenn129akenn129 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Deswa wrote:
    akenn129 wrote:

Right click is to move, hold it down.

i am an udder dumbass, and i bow to ur supreme prowess.

akenn129 on
    Pokeymans Diamond FC: 5240 8392 0439
  • Options
    [GHSC]Ryctor[GHSC]Ryctor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    :( No one will play with me :(

[GHSC]Ryctor on
    You'd be surprised the amount of damage a hauler can do in the right hands ~ Istvaan Shogaatsu
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    firekiun wrote:
    Hullabaloo wrote:

End of the World is a ritual monster card, if you have that card and demis or Queen in your hand you can use the magic card to summon 1 of that monster.

So you use End of the World, sacrafice total of 8 stars of monster(1x 8 star, or 2x 4 stars, or 3x 3 stars as long as total => 8) you can summon that ritual monster from your "hand".

Ritual summoning is only useful if you build a deck dedicated to ritual mosnter, so dump it (alone with the ritual mosnter cards, they are blue).

There should be an icon showing what type of card it is, icon for equip, ritual, quickplay, etc.

See the problem is i had everything it required me to do it... Unless I needed BOTH of the monsters in my hand, not just one... Anyways, they are gone from my deck - to be replaced by other stuff. I'm online now as Dissociative if anyone wants to whoop me, with CARDS.

Hullabaloo on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    so it's an 800 MB download, and then it becomes 2 Gigs?

It sounds interesting, but it takes so long to download. I'm an impatient man.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    so it's an 800 MB download, and then it becomes 2 Gigs?

It sounds interesting, but it takes so long to download. I'm an impatient man.
    In total it is a 925 download(patch). It expands out to 2 Gigs from installing.
    You could always use Downloader Accelorator. I got about 800kbs from it. Just adjust the connection settings before downloading with it.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
  • Options
    StudioAudienceStudioAudience Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Holy crap, I just created an account and got my ass beat by some lvl 2 dude. That sucks.

StudioAudience on
    studaud.png
    GFWL: studaud (for SF4)
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Holy crap, I just created an account and got my ass beat by some lvl 2 dude. That sucks.

Trust me, if your anything like me you will be getting whooped by much higher level people alot.

But at least you get the same amount of cards no-matter what, so who cares uh?

Edit: Before I forget I have the card "Chimeratech Overdragon" which seems like a pretty rocking machine card. Problem is I don't have any cards that can be used to summon it. Think i should go after em?

Hullabaloo on
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I just got beat by a 9000 atk monster on my second turn. :(

<3 on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    <3 wrote:

:lol: how did they get the atk that high so quick? It wasn't a deck surround Maha Valio's awesomeness was it?

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    <3 wrote:

:lol: how did they get the atk that high so quick? It wasn't a deck surround Maha Valio's awesomeness was it?

In all likelyhood it was the cyberstein combo, which has been used for years and years. Summon cyberstein, pay 5000 LP to summon BEUD, use Megamorph on BEUD, 9000 atk monster, OTK.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    <3 wrote:

In all likelyhood it was the cyberstein combo, which has been used for years and years. Summon cyberstein, pay 5000 LP to summon BEUD, use Megamorph on BEUD, 9000 atk monster, OTK.

Some unlucky fucker got that on turn three.

Now, see, I KNEW this sonuvabitch used Cyberstein. So I popped a boner when I drew Magic Cylinder.

"Cyberstein. 5000LP, summong Ultimate Dragon. Megamorph. Attack. I win."
    "Wrong pronoun."
    He looks confused, not sure what I mean. I flip Magic Cylinder.

For those not in the know, Magic Cylinder is a trap that can send the attack of a monster BACK at the owner of that card. So essentially, turns your opponents own attack back on them.

For those keeping track, he went from a 3000-0 LP win to a 0-8000 loss.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Against all my expectations, I actually won my first match using one of the default decks (against someone who, I think, also used one of the default decks).

And now... I'm staring at a totally black screen.

Hmm.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    <3 wrote:

Now, see, I KNEW this sonuvabitch used Cyberstein. So I popped a boner when I drew Magic Cylinder.

"Wrong pronoun."

For those not in the know, Magic Cylinder is a trap that can send the attack of a monster BACK at the owner of that card. So essentially, turns your opponents own attack back on them.

Damn I hate magic cylinder. Someone used that shit on me when I attack it Fairy Lily (or whatever the card is called). It's the card you play 2000 LP to increase her attack by 3000. Yea, I lost 5400 on that go.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Damn I hate magic cylinder. Someone used that shit on me when I attack it Fairy Lily (or whatever the card is called). It's the card you play 2000 LP to increase her attack by 3000. Yea, I lost 5400 on that go.
    Well, I like Magic Cylinder, even though opponents still get to use it. ;)

Personally, I can't stand any card that relies heavily on coin tosses and dice rolls.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    <3 wrote:

"Wrong pronoun."

Ouch. I remember lily being immune to that, though, since the effect is activated during damage calculation, after the last chance for magic cylinder to be used.

Guess I'm wrong or the rules were revised. Or the game's wrong.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    None of you have picked up a Muka Muka yet have you?

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

I have that card in real life, but forgot what it does.

What does it do?

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    <3 wrote:

"Wrong pronoun."

Ouch. I remember lily being immune to that, though, since the effect is activated during damage calculation, after the last chance for magic cylinder to be used.

Guess I'm wrong or the rules were revised. Or the game's wrong.

I believe there are slight rule changes in some of the cards to balance it out.

I'm so glad monster reborn doesn't exist anymore. Now that shit was stupidily unbalanced.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006

What does it do?
    I had to think really hard to remember. I think it's the weak monster that gets +atk/def for every card in your hand.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006

What does it do?

ATK 600 DEF 300

'As long as this card remains face-up on the field, increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 300 points for every card in the controller's hand.'

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    How does DoA know what cards are in what packs? Alternatively, is there a listing of what cards are in what packs?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    How does DoA know what cards are in what packs? Alternatively, is there a listing of what cards are in what packs?

Okay, so there are two sites you need to use to figure out the ambiguous and stupid way that Konami has implemented boosters into the game. First, displaying the contents of packs 1-29 (and beginner packs), is this FAQ from GameFAQs.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/yu_gi_oh_online_pack.txt

Simple enough, it's just a card list. Fine, but there are more than 29 packs. Most of the later packs list at the bottom what real-life booster pack they are based on, so all you need to do is find out what real-life booster the card you want is from, by going to:

www.netrep.net

And then matching up what pack you need in the game. Now, packs 30-33 don't appear to be listed anywhere, so I can't help you with those. If a card you want can't be found, chances are it's in packs 30-33.

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    neat

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006

What does it do?

ATK 600 DEF 300

'As long as this card remains face-up on the field, increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 300 points for every card in the controller's hand.'

that's not all that good.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    http://www.netrep.net/

Go there, click Dark Crisis and select the card Vampire Lord. Read all the rules and exceptions of that damn card!

I actually have that card... maybe i should use it.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Does Create a Duel like, never work, ever? Getting cards is so painfully slow at this point I'm ready to quit. I can't even use the create a match, surrender, get 3 cards trick. Any suggestions? And how do I surrender duels anyway?

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Does Create a Duel like, never work, ever? Getting cards is so painfully slow at this point I'm ready to quit. I can't even use the create a match, surrender, get 3 cards trick. Any suggestions? And how do I surrender duels anyway?

just do auto duel and set it to Match

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    i'm gonna use the download accelerator from Speedbit.com

If my computer dies, I blame all of you. :-/

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    OKay, I'm downloading.

I'll be in the world in about 2 hours.

Yay.

Edit: Until then, I'll make a real life deck.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I downloaded, installed, and now I have to download this update.

Soon, I hope.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Okay, so NOW it's giving me a message that says "0/0 Bytes Saved" and nothing's happening.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Okay, so NOW it's giving me a message that says "0/0 Bytes Saved" and nothing's happening.

let it just sit there. I did and it fixed/installed itself

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg