As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Hotel Sharing

• RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I know this is highly unlikely but well give it a shot. Only if someone wants to rent out their floor space. Otherwise we plan on booking a motel about 4 miles away from the convention.

NEED SPACE
    Name: Rider + my 3 friends
    Date wishing to arrive: 24th
    Date Wishing to leave: 29th
    Notes: We bathe, we're respectful, we're willing to sleep on the floor and just that. We're not party people and don't drink(well I do a lil) and smoke(anything). Just wanted a place to crash for a few hours every night.
    Price wishing to spend: <$150

Rdr on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2010
    With as many people as you have, why not book a room and offer a couple floor spaces for it. I mean, 4 people at the Colonnade runs about 250 each, if you toss 2 more people in there, it should be around your target cost. Don't be 4 miles away, especially if you're enforcing.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, we'll see what happens next week when we reserve the hotels but I know the guys I'm going with won't spend $250/night.

But being 4 miles isnt that bad when I'm enforcing cause its just a straight shot on the green line.

I guess if we book at Sheraton its $193 guaranteed and then we pay the rest when we arrive, right?

There's other people on here and the Enforcer forum looking for floor space so might get 6 people in that room. Thanks Moe

Rdr on
  • mattwasxmattwasx Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    HAVE SPACE
    Name: Matthew Douglass
    date arriving: March 25th 4pm-5pm'ish
    date leaving: March 28
    Hotel: John Hancock Hotel and Conference Center
    Spots available?: 2 Floor Spots
    Price: 150/per floor spot for all 3 days

mattwasx on
  • SherlokSherlok Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    NEED SPACE
    Name: Chris
    Date wishing to arrive: Thursday, March 25th. Probably later in the day, but still working this out. Friday arrival also an option.
    Date Wishing to leave: Sunday, March 28th.
    Notes: I'm 24 and primarily a pc gamer (this might matter to someone). I don't need a lot of space (couch/floor is fine with me). Alcohols A-OK, I'm a good drunk, and even better sober. As far as I know I don't do anything weird in my sleep. Looking to have a good time, my first con and I know absolutely no-one going. Sleep isn't the most important thing for me.
    Price wishing to spend: Anything less than or around 150.

Sherlok on
  • YourGodEricthorYourGodEricthor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    *NO MORE SPACE*

HAVE SPACE!
    Name: Eric
    Date Arriving: Thursday 3/25
    Date Leaving: Monday 3/29
    Hotel: Sheraton
    Spots available?: 2-4, I requested the double beds, but who knows what the hotel will give me.
    Price: about $190/night that will be split among however many people stay.

Notes: I'm driving up with my buddy and hoping to arrive early Thursday afternoon. There will probably be drinking in the room and I may join the barcrawl.

After sorting through the emails and PMs (I got an email from a guy who asked if he could pay me in penile enlargement products!) I will be glad to meet StormWolf, sindrix, and suko k (hey neat, all the names start with 's') in March.

If only that one guy had said booze or pot I would have seriously considered his offer.

YourGodEricthor on
    Its not that I'm insensitive, I just have an egregious lack of tact.
  • angular momentumangular momentum Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm going to suggest the Boston location of Hostelling International for those of you looking for a cheap bed - it couldn't be much closer to Hynes, and the online rates appear to be about $90 for March 25-28. I've stayed there, and it's fine. http://www.bostonhostel.org/

angular momentum on
  • AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I asked in the other hotel thread but it might be more appropriate here;

I'm looking at booking (for two people) a twin in the Sheraton via a last-minute-deal type site for the week leading up to PAX. I have another pal coming into town for the weekend and I was wondering is it kosher to have extra people in a twin occupancy room or are all you guys splinter celling it?

AngryPuppy on
    PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • YoshokatanaYoshokatana Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    NEED SPACE
    Name: Nelson Pecora
    Date wishing to arrive: 26th
    Date Wishing to leave: 29th
    Notes: I'm a 20 year old techie, who's usually pretty quiet when in room. I'm hoping to also be an enforcer so you probably won't run into me very often.
    Price wishing to spend: As little as possible. I'm a poor college student, haha.

Yoshokatana on
  • clcallagclcallag Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    NEED SPACE

*DISCLAIMER* I may be staying at a friend's house but I'm looking for a backup plan. Should know for sure soon, waiting for friend's parents to contact me and confirm.

Name: Casey Callaghan, Male, 23
    Date wishing to arrive: Late 25th (6pm-ish), but willing to do Early 25th/Early 26th if necessary
    Date Wishing to leave: 28th
    Notes: Don't sleepwalk, and I don't think I snore but I'm not 100% positive. Looking for a quieter room, mostly just a place to sleep/store stuff. Don't drink or smoke but don't mind being around a little of either.
    Price wishing to spend: As little as possible, about $150

clcallag on
  • StormWolfStormWolf Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    NEED SPACE
    Name: Daniel Carmody, male, 23
    Date wishing to arrive: Thursday day before PAX... (3/25 I think)
    Date Wishing to leave: Either Sunday after PAX... or early Monday
    Notes: Nothing that I know of... I dont smoke so I'd prefer a smoke free environment... No drugs either... (I also dont drink... but I dont care if other people are)
    Price wishing to spend: The less the better... if I dont find anything I'm going to be getting a hotel room... and that will run me $125-$200 a night... Not fun.

Alternatively... if there's a a couple of people that want to go in together for a double or triple... save us all some money... that would work well for me too

StormWolf on
  • gelu88gelu88 Chief Fuzz Brossard CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    NEED SPACE
    Name: Faiz (age 21)
    Date wishing to arrive: March 25-26 (still figuring out the bus/train schedules)
    Date Wishing to leave: March 28
    Notes: Whatever, i have no requirements, im clean, don't take up a lot of space and don't plan on spending too much time sleeping
    Price wishing to spend: under 50 a night would be great

gelu88 on
    I am Steam Powered
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I have a suggestion for some of the people who NEED SPACE....

Its just an idea and Im genuinely trying to not come off as sarcastic and condescending.

How about some of you who need space get together, enough of you should be able to get a room.

ZeroHourHero on
  • poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    NEED SPACE
    Name: Andrew
    Date wishing to arrive: Thursday, March 25th. Afternoon/late-ish.
    Notes: Looking for somewhere within a few blocks of the convention center. I can bring a sleeping bag and don't need that much space at all. I'll probably be out late, but be quiet whenever I'm in the room. I don't mind noise. I'm 23, don't mind smoking or alcohol
    Price wishing to spend: Anything less than $150.

poisonx on
  • Blackmage456Blackmage456 Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    NEED SPACE
    Name: Daniel
    Date Wishing to Arrive: Friday March 26th at around 1:45 - 2:00 p.m.
    Date Wishing to Leave: Sunday March 28th
    Notes: Coming with 2 friends. Need someone who is 21 years or older to get us checked into our rooms. It'd be cheap for the 4 of us to stay in a room.
    Price: Cheap. Not looking for anything extravagant. If anyone is staying at the Howard Johnson Inn Fenway Park please give me a PM or anything. This is the hotel we'd like to stay at. Its cheap and has everything we need. If there are any other hotels that are super cheap and within walking distance to the Hynes Convention center, we're up for it

Blackmage456 on
  • Dastardly 6Dastardly 6 Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    NEED SPACE
    Name: Daniel Chesmore
    Date: Err the 25th I hope
    Date: 27th-28th
    Notes: Coming over from the UK and as such Im utterly lost. I can supply a sleeping bag adn dont really mind where or what I sleep on. The only down side is that I do talk in my sleep ocasionally however it is usually amusing to others.
    Price: Cheap, very cheap dont mind to much walking around $100

Dastardly 6 on
  • tribunal88tribunal88 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    No more space
    Name: Alex
    Date Leaving: Monday 3/29
    Hotel: Back Bay Hotel (0.7mi away)
    Spots available: 1 (Requested 2 double beds)
    Price: $100/night/person - I will only bill you for the nights you are actually in attendance

Notes: I'm driving up from OH. No problems w/ alcohol. My wife tells me I snore a little, but it usually doesn't wake her up (and she's a light sleeper). I wear clean clothes and otherwise have good hygiene. I'm mainly a PC gamer and have a BYOC pass from a tourney I won at PAX '07 so I'll probably be spending a good deal of the time in there.

tribunal88 on
    "I'm not the boss of my house. I don't know how I lost it. I don't know where I lost it. I don't think I ever had it. But I've seen the boss's job, and I don't WANT it."
    -Bill Cosby
  • ZukiZuki Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    NO MORE SPACE!
    Name: Kalen
    Date Arriving: Thursday 25th
    Date Leaving: Sunday 28th
    Hotel: Sheraton Boston (adjacent to the Convention Center)
    Spots available?: Not Applicable
    Price: $145 for two more, $120 for three, $100 if four.

Notes: My preference is very much for a smallish group or pair of people to split the room with, rather than four different individuals who don't know eachother yet to sign up. Please send me a PM, I'd like to get to know the people I'm splitting a room with rather than just hand it out to relative strangers.

This'll be a quiet room for sleeping and chilling out, most likely. The two original occupants are a tabletop gamer with light/moderate console and PC experience, and a fairly dedicated PC and Console gamer with a love of FPS and strategy.

Spots in this Room Have All Been Filled. I'll be talking with those of you who expressed interest to figure out who I'll be taking.

Zuki on
  • korindabarkorindabar Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    NEED SPACE

Name: Michael Sleep (real last name)
    Date wishing to arrive: March 25-26
    Date Wishing to leave: March 26-27

Notes:
    - Will probably only be at the hotel to sleep.
    - I'm a pretty small guy. Might fit in a closet.
    - I've been told I smell very nice.
    - Play World of Warcraft, Fallout 3, board games, etc... run of the mill geek
    - I'm coming alone from Canada
    - This is my first time going to Boston
    - I am not an axe murderer
    - Would prefer a hotel with a parking lot that's close to the subway (I don't know my way around)
    - I do drink but I'm a civil drinker, like an old man sipping brandy
    - If you want to get to know me better, PM me and I can add you on Facebook
    - I can change my dates if it's more convenient, so I can stay longer or shorter depending what you need

Price wishing to spend:
    $50-100 per night

korindabar on
  • SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sorry all spots claimed Thursday - Monday

Still have 4 spots for Wednesday 25.00 per person

if something else comes available i will post
    I have had a room reserved in the Hilton since day one i should have selected the Sheraton but i was being silly. In any-case Now that i am fully booked plane and all I have begun the process of opening up space in the room.

The specifics:

Hotel: Hilton Boston Back Bay (.5 blocks away)
    Check-in: 3/24 Wednesday
    Checkout: 3/29 Monday
    Room has 2 double beds
    Total Cost : Split accordingly based on occupancy as follows:

Occupancy of 6 pricing as followed
    Wednesday 3/24 = $25.00 per person 4 spots available (I will pay the remainder)
    Thursday - Monday 3/25-3/29 = $150.00 0 spots available

Preferred occupancy is 5 pricing as followed
    Wednesday 3/24 = $25.00 per person 4 spots available (I will pay the remainder)
    Thursday - Monday 3/25-3/29 = $175.00 0 spots available

Additional info:
    male or female does no matter to me.
    Upon acceptance of spot(s) further info will be provided.

Currently in room:
    Singollo
    korindabar
    muttonhead
    ohthecommotion
    Fyction

contact info via PM or singollo.pax@gmail.com
    Questions feel free to ask
    Thanks
    Jacob aka Singollo

Singollo on
  • RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    HAVE SPACE!

Name: Darren
    Date Leaving: Sunday 3/28
    Hotel: Colonnade Boston (1 block from the event)
    Spots available: 1, though I suppose if someone doesn't mind the floor we could fit more
    Price: It's $189 a night, ideally I'd like someone to pick up half of that ($95)

I'm 25, male, will probably drink a bit, but I'm quiet and I'm a quiet sleeper. I'll probably be driving down from Maine, but I haven't decided on that yet.

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
  • Eclipse2195Eclipse2195 Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    HAVE SPACE!
    Name: Ray
    Date Arriving: March 26th
    Date Leaving: March 28th
    Hotel: Residence Inn by Boston Harbor (10 min walk to train station then 7 stops after is Hynes.)
    Spots available?: 1
    Price: $85 per person total.

THIS IS ONLY A LAST MINUTE FAIL SAFE BECAUSE THE 4th kid didnt buy his ticket yet.

Eclipse2195 on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Unofficial PAX EAST 2010 Community DVD Crew (yeah its a long name) has space available!

SPACE CURRENTLY FILLED
    Name: Brian
    Date Arriving: 3/25
    Date Leaving: 3/29
    Hotel: Colonnade Boston (across the street, free internet)
    Spots available?: 0
    Price: $190 per person total. Not bad considering it's 4 nights. We booked the room for 4 people but we want 6 to cut costs down a bit. So there's three of us, all guys. With the filming and work we'll be doing, we will want to sleep as much as possible, so no partying or anything like that. We are still random and laid back people and want to have fun so we'll welcome pretty much anybody that wants in. We have two double beds, so two people will be required to use the floor or available furniture.

Also, two of us (including he who booked the room) is arriving via the PAX East Train Alliance, so we will not be arriving until at least 9pm, but we can add/change a name on the reservation to allow somebody else to check in if need-be.

EDIT: We have put a different name on the room so they could check in earlier, so it's no longer an issue.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • xibalbaxibalba Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    HAVE SPACE

Dates: Thursday, March 25th - Monday, March 29th
    Check In/Out: 03:00pm In - 12:00pm Out
    Spots Available: 2

Me and two of my friends (all guys) have space for two people, perferably two people that know each other. About us we dont get drunk or do drugs (one of my friends is straight edge 10+ years). We are super nice and funny and often times sarcastic. Very easy going we are night owls whom sleep very little, yes me and one of my friends do snore SOMETIMES like bears. I think i will have two key cards so i wouldnt mind giving yall one. Also we will be driving up so our ETA is more than likely going to be around 7pm thursday (of course i will call once we are on the road). We live in VA so thats about a 10hr drive. If there is more than one bed i wouldnt mind rotating the 2nd bed between all of us, the first bed goes to my friend whom is driving us up.

Price depends on how many people and how long yall plan on staying but it will NOT be more than 100 per night.
    Id prefer to have someone able to stay all 4 nights (thursday night - sunday night)

feel free to contact me by email xibalba1875 at yahoo dot com

xibalba on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    See Have Space Below

Lindsay Lohan on
  • poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    NEED SPACE
    Name: Andrew
    Date wishing to arrive: Thursday, March 25th. Afternoon/late-ish.
    Notes: Looking for somewhere within a few blocks of the convention center. I can bring a sleeping bag and don't need that much space at all. I'll probably be out late, but be quiet whenever I'm in the room. I don't mind noise. I'm 23, don't smoke, but don't mind those who do.
    Price wishing to spend: Anything less than $150.

poisonx on
  • DanAndSimonDanAndSimon Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    HAVE SPACE

Name: Dan(24) and Simon(25)
    Date arriving: 25th
    Date leaving: 28th
    Hotel: Colonnade Boston 1 block from PAX
    Notes: A pair of quiet and clean dudes
    Price: 650 total, 3 nights. Already divided by 2. 1 more person = $217 each, 2 more people = 162.50 each.

DanAndSimon on
  • Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Space Full
    Name: Matt
    Date Arriving: 25th (flying in around 6pm)
    Date Leaving: 29th
    Hotel: Sheraton
    Spots available?: Booked a room with 2 single beds. 1 bed is open plus floor space.
    Price: Depends on how many people share the room & how many nights you stay.

I don't smoke but I do drink socially. I won't be drunk in the room. Very laid back & chill. I also do not snore.

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • blue tapeblue tape Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    NEED SPACE

Since there are a lot more NEED SPACEs than HAVE SPACEs - if anyone else is looking for space, feel free to get in touch via PM or email (edbury.enegren@gmail.com), and we can make arrangements.

Names: Edbury & Erica
    Date wishing to arrive: March 26th (Friday morning)
    Date Wishing to leave: March 28th (Sunday night)

Notes:
    - We're a couple hoping to share a room with another couple while we're in the city
    - GLBTQ friendly
    - We're coming down from NYC on Friday morning, and we'll be there until Sunday night
    - Neither of us are zombies or serial killers
    - Both of us drink, neither of us will get sloppy and make you hate us

Price wishing to spend: $70/night for our bed / shared floor space.

(We're open to shackin' up with a non-couple for the weekend, too.)

blue tape on
  • WalterKovacsWalterKovacs Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    NEED SPACE
    Name: Travis Broyles
    Date wishing to arrive: 3/25
    Date Wishing to leave: 3/29
    Notes: If you want me to be invisible, I can be. Otherwise, I'm a pretty cool guy.
    Price wishing to spend: Ideally I wouldn't spend much above $50.

Email me: travis.broyles@gmail.com

WalterKovacs on
  • XirycXiryc Middleburg Hts, OHRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    HAVE SPACE
    Name: Tony
    Date Checking In: 3/25
    Date Checking Out: 3/29
    Hotel: Collonade
    Spots Available: 2 Max.
    Details:
    I'm 29 years old, a baker, don't smoke or use drugs, rarely drink. I average about two showers per day. Getting back into Magic, and just quit WoW. I'm very laid back, so I won't have an issue with most people. I'll be taking the PAX Train in (Lava Line, buying tickets Thursday). We can work out the specifics via private messages or email.

Xiryc on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    HAVE SPACE:
    Checking in 3/26
    Checking out 3/28

Hotel: John Hancock Hotel & Conference Center (about .7 miles from Hynes)
    Spots available: 2 or 3

Details: I'm a 33 married guy (despite my rather girlish username). It's a nonsmoking room w/ 1 queen bed. So - we could easily take 2 or 3 in there, figuring there should be enough floor space.

Cost for the two nights is $270 after tax, split 3 ways would be $90 each, 4 ways would be 68ish.

Like I had said in my old Need space post - I do drink a bit, but not like hammered out in the street chasing invisible clowns or anything. I'm just looking for a fun weekend and keep my expenses down by sharing the space.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Z3r0TZ3r0T Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    NEED SPACE
    Name: Bobby Jones
    Date wishing to arrive: 3/25
    Date Wishing to leave: 3/29
    Notes: I'm 18, clean/neat, I don't do drugs but I don't have a problem with them, and I don't smoke. I don't have annoying snoring or sleeping habits.
    Price wishing to spend: I'm hoping for less than a $50 cut, but I'm willing to spend what I have to so I have a place to stay. I'm willing to use a sleeping bag on the floor if necessary.

Z3r0T on
  • Alfred P McLovelyAlfred P McLovely Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    n/m

Alfred P McLovely on
  • EvelynEvelyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hey ya'll!

HAVE SPACE!
    Name: Kat
    Date Arriving: March 25th
    Date Leaving: March 29th
    Hotel: Marriott at Copley Place
    Spots available?: 2, preferably female, but I'm not really biased against dudes. I do require you to be older than 21 years of age because my friend and I plan on drinking and do not want any problems. (We're not crazy, wild drunks. We just like to toss back a few.) I hope to have double queen beds, but I always bring my inflatable queen sized mattress in case this does not happen, so there will ALWAYS be two beds. Anymore questions, please feel free to e-mail me. Evelyn.Clearwater@gmail.com
    Price: $205 for all four nights. I can break it up into individual nights, depending on what people need, but be warned that the person staying all four nights will get it over someone staying less.

We're not gonna be a super party room. It will be non-smoking. I only have one room rule, really....shower. Once a day...twice if you really want. HAHA. =)

ALL FULL.

Evelyn on
  • AlanF5AlanF5 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Found space. Thanks Brian!
    Need Space.

Name: Albert
    Date Arriving: 3/25
    Date Leaving: 3/29

Notes: 32 year old male, easygoing, quiet sleeper, values daily shower, non-smoker, social drinker, no drugs. Prefer to spend less than $250. Prefer hotel near event.

AlanF5 on
  • ChrisovcChrisovc Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Space taken (Will update if anything changes)
    Name: Chris
    Date Arriving: March 26th
    Date Leaving: March 28th
    Hotel: Back Bay Hotel
    Spots available: 1, possibly 2, already have 3 people going including myself so if you don't mind the floor :)
    Price: $100 each if we have 4 people, $80 if 5 people go
    Other info: So far there are 3 of us all guys ages ranging from 18 to 22, and we all know each other. Some might drink, but not a lot. Plan on bringing a wii and get some super Mario on (only a wii since its well small lol). If you want more details and are interested leave me a pm or email me at Chrisovc@gmail.com

Chrisovc on
  • chrisdsavchrisdsav Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    NEED SPACE
    Name:Chris
    Date wishing to arrive:Friday Morning early
    Date Wishing to leave:Sunday morning
    Notes: I have nose plugs for snoring I am part of a non profit organization radio show that covers games and I need help with a room. Non profit meaninf I do the show for free and need help with a room as close to the con as possible

Please email me chrisdsav@aol.com

Price wishing to spend:50-100 for two nights fri night sat night

I m sane and well groomed and some people can vouch for me like The conductor of the Video Game orchastra

chrisdsav on
  • SinkuuSinkuu Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    since my needs are unique, I'm posting.

NEED SPACE

Name: Steve Edelman. male, 36.

Date wishing to arrive: Thursday, March 25.
    Date Wishing to leave: Friday, March 26.

Notes: Been told I snore. will bring breathe strips if necessary. looking for the "MidTown Hotel" ideally, as my roommate will be in the next day, but I want to show up earlier, and figure this'd be the easiest way to deal with it.

willing to take crash space, I'll be bringing an inflatable mattress to crash on.

Price wishing to spend: $60-80 (willing to share cost with a couple of people for the one night.

please contact via board PM if interested.

Sinkuu on
    they made me a signature, but I eated it. and I have an 18 inch laptop. :P
  • FractureFracture Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    Two of my people are potentially dropping on me, so here goes nothin'.

HAVE SPACE!
    Name: Kai
    Date Arriving: Thursday, March 25th
    Date Leaving: Sunday, March 28th
    Hotel: Hilton Boston Back Bay
    Spots Available: Two, maybe three
    Price: Two hundred for all three nights (negotiable)

I'll take anyone, though I'd prefer over 21. I can be reached through PM here or you can email me at K.DuncanATgmail.com.

Fracture on
This discussion has been closed.