As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Vancouver PAX Forumer Events: November 2009 to April 2010 Edition

• AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Sumi wrote: »
    Plus I'm sure Sumi won't mind shopping if you need to validate your parking. :winky:

o_O Holy gender stereotyping, Batman!

I will not comment as to whether or not it is true...

Ack, I'm offended you'd accuse me of stereotyping.... I was refering to shopping at EB Games! :P

Also referring to both of you going shopping.... but I can see how that might have been taken otherwise. lol.

AbsintheMinded on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    LOL! I was kidding!! I love to shop. Just don't tell anyone okay!? ... It will be our little secret. *shifty eyes*

*ahem* Anyways back on topic, Eric's work schedule is unpredictable so I'll make definite plans as soon as he confirms it.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    edited February 2010
    LOL! I was kidding!! I love to shop. Just don't tell anyone okay!? ... It will be our little secret. *shifty eyes*

*ahem* Anyways back on topic, Eric's work schedule is unpredictable so I'll make definite plans as soon as he confirms it.

Really? Sumi <3 Shopping? I'm shocked. :winky:

Anyway, I'll be working 7-3 that day. Should be able to be at the skytrain station anytime after 3:30.

EDIT: BTW is anyone attending any of the Victory Ceremonies at BC Place? I've managed to obtain a couple of tickets to one. If the lines to get through security are anything like they were for the Opening Ceremony rehersals on Monday I wouldn't mind finding a few other people to hang out in the lines with.

AbsintheMinded on
    edited February 2010
    So, it's the Olympics.. might as well go act like a tourist.

Eric and I are planning on heading out to Van on Saturday and anyone who wants to is welcome to meet up. Also, a couple of my lady friends and I are looking at going out to do some free stuff on Friday night, but with them it's never 100%. Anyone interested in joining either of those?

At some point I'm planning on visiting the houses for Russia, Holland, Ireland and Atlantic Canada and probably going to LiveCity Yaletown on Saturday night.

Sumi on
    edited February 2010

Eric and I are planning on heading out to Van on Saturday and anyone who wants to is welcome to meet up. Also, a couple of my lady friends and I are looking at going out to do some free stuff on Friday night, but with them it's never 100%. Anyone interested in joining either of those?

At some point I'm planning on visiting the houses for Russia, Holland, Ireland and Atlantic Canada and probably going to LiveCity Yaletown on Saturday night.

Well I live so close to everything, that I tend to be out most nights for freebie events or just to wander through the crowd.

Accordingly I'm up for meeting up any and all nights during the games.

AbsintheMinded on
  • ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Also, a couple of my lady friends and I are looking at going out to do some free stuff on Friday night, but with them it's never 100%. Anyone interested in joining either of those?

Dead Mau5 is performing at LiveCity Yaletown this Friday. Free techno is free!
    WHOOP WHOOP!
    :mrgreen:

ACC3SS on
    edited February 2010

Well I live so close to everything, that I tend to be out most nights for freebie events or just to wander through the crowd.

Accordingly I'm up for meeting up any and all nights during the games.

Okay I shall telephone you then. In the meantime if you have any reviews on the things you've done, or any suggestions for friday/saturday let me know.

I'm not exactly sure what we are doing and when, but my main goal is to drink and wander and have a good time.

Sumi on
    edited February 2010
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    Also, a couple of my lady friends and I are looking at going out to do some free stuff on Friday night, but with them it's never 100%. Anyone interested in joining either of those?

Dead Mau5 is performing at LiveCity Yaletown this Friday. Free techno is free!
    WHOOP WHOOP!
    :mrgreen:

Pfft Techno isn't Olympicy.

The Oh Lympixx Burlesque at The Rio this Friday would be much more in the spirit of the event. :winky:

AbsintheMinded on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    You got the whole world gathering together right next door for some epic events for the next few weeks... SCREW DAT, JoCo pwnz teh world!!!!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wow, that other guy sure like JoCo! I'm going out for Colin James next monday at Yaletown, anyone else in?

Also, stay tuned for Vancouver PAX Karaoke House Party Night!

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
  • honestDhonestD Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Also,Absinthe, please put me down for FTW, whenever it is...

honestD on
    In Vancouver? Want to meet up and play some Games?
    http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Gamers-Group/

Now with Twitter! @HonestoDoragon

Pokemon Black: 4555 9510 3686
    edited February 2010
    Well surprise surprise, my friends bailed for friday. :(

Sumi on
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    O noz. I'm going to be downtown on friday for the Finland vs. Germany game.

Wormdundee on
    edited February 2010
    Anywhere in particular? Downtown is a very broad area. :)

Sumi on
    edited February 2010
    Well...at the hockey arena. :P I'm not sure if I'll be there early enough for walking around beforehand.

Wormdundee on
    edited February 2010
    You can watch hockey from places other than the arena though, so I hope I'm not completely dense.

But that's super cool, Have fun!

Also, Eric's going to be working next thursday until 10pm so no Joco for him. I'll just have to triple check with him but this most likely means I have an extra ticket to sell. If none of you have a friend who missed out on tickets for the now sold out show, I'll post elsewhere. And, does anyone have the day off? Because since Eric starts at 10am I could use him as my transit buddy, but if no one is free that would mean me wandering around Vancouver alone for most of the day, which is cool with me, but eric fears I will get stolen. Otherwise I'll find my way into the city another way and at a later time. Mmmk, let me know. :)

[Edit] Ticket spoken for.

Sumi on
    edited February 2010
    Deadmau5 update:

If you're not in line already, I suggest you get there quick. According to Twitter and the David Lam Cam, the line started 10 hours early. Capacity is 7000, but 17000+ have confirmed on Facebook.

I genuinely don't feel like hanging out in LiveCity for 8 hours. I'm going to show up when the concerts starts. I can guarantee you that there will be a few thousand people listening from outside the fence. Street party on Pacific and Drake, methinks. That will suffice for me!

ACC3SS on
  • degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah they've closed down the gates for Livecity Yaletown more than an hour ago. So it'll be more or less a seawall party! Haha

degreesplatinum on
    edited February 2010
    Sumi, I think Theros was looking for a ticket, you might want to try PM'ing him, or I can let him know next time I see him in IRC.

Wormdundee on
  • TherosTheros Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Can't now, work happened. Blargh.

Theros on
  • chicazulchicazul Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    @Sumi - I know a couple people who are looking for JoCo tickets, if you still have one to sell. PM me!

Also, my friends and I will be camping the line at the Rio...basically all day. I'm showing up around noon. We will have musical instruments and cake. If you're at a loss for things to do, you could always hang out. I'm not sure that we've met before, but we're nice people, I promise.

chicazul on
    edited February 2010
    I think I found a decent way to kill 5-8 hours tomorrow during the day. Two words: Zip Line.

Sumi on
  • de4dmeta1de4dmeta1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Heh. I've heard horror stories about the lines downtown - I hear the lines for the art gallery are many, many hours/blocks long. Sounds like fun times.

de4dmeta1 on
    edited February 2010
    It's only because I will be in the city with nothing to do. :p

Sumi on
    edited February 2010
    chicazul wrote: »
    Also, my friends and I will be camping the line at the Rio...basically all day. I'm showing up around noon. We will have musical instruments and cake. If you're at a loss for things to do, you could always hang out. I'm not sure that we've met before, but we're nice people, I promise.

I'll be watching the hockey game before heading up to the Rio. So I might be in line by around 5:30-6:00pm.... but I'll probably drop by to visit you crazy campers on my way home from work at 3.

AbsintheMinded on
  • TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I sadly don't get off work till 6, so I won't be able to get down to that area until 7ish. Hope someone saves me a seat :(

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Who else wants to make a trip down to Seattle for W00tstock?

tr0tsky on
    edited February 2010
    I have two tickets for w00tstock, but as of yet have no way to get there (nor anyone to go with, but I think that will solve itself.) I have a driver's license but no vehicle.

Bus/train is always an option, but if there is some sort of organized trip I would probably be interested.

chicazul on
    edited February 2010
    I will go to wootstock. I was just trying to figure out whether the Moore Theater is assigned seating or the same style as the Rio. I will be able to drive as necessary, with 5 seats including me.

Wormdundee on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    are you planning on staying in seattle overnight worm, or just driving back late?

tr0tsky on
    edited February 2010
    Either would work, but I was thinking driving back late. Depends on if there is some Seattle meetup on Saturday.

Wormdundee on
    edited February 2010
    I'm definately interested in going. Once I get things less chaotic in my schedule (on Monday) I'll be happy to help plan something organized as well.

AbsintheMinded on
    edited March 2010
    I was just trying to figure out whether the Moore Theater is assigned seating or the same style as the Rio.

The Moore is assigned theatre seating. Buy tickets early to get better seats, although the front few rows are likely long gone.

chicazul on
    edited March 2010
    So - what's the current plan for Wings night? It's listed in the OP, but has no infoz.

de4dmeta1 on
    edited March 2010
    de4dmeta1 wrote: »
    So - what's the current plan for Wings night? It's listed in the OP, but has no infoz.

Should be the Monday night before PAX East. I'll be updating all the info tomorrow. Need to de-olympify myself first. 8-)

EDIT: OP now updated, time for everyone to RSVP.

AbsintheMinded on
    edited March 2010
    chicazul wrote: »
    I have two tickets for w00tstock, but as of yet have no way to get there (nor anyone to go with, but I think that will solve itself.) I have a driver's license but no vehicle.

Bus/train is always an option, but if there is some sort of organized trip I would probably be interested.

So it looks like we'll be adding at least 8 more leaving from Vancouver onto your group of two.

Now you have people to travel with if you'd like to join our entourage.

EDIT Accomodations: Looks like the best rate / closest hotel combination is the Ramada on 5th, about 5 blocks away. $85/room and $12/night parking (if we drive).

Now the question is, if anyone is up for making this a full weekend Seattle trip and staying until Sunday or does everyone want to leave on Saturday or for that matter leave after the show and head straight back?

Then we can figure out travel plans for driving vs bussing.

I'd be up for all three options, as long as we have at least four people (including me) planning to stay both nights.

AbsintheMinded on
    edited March 2010
    Pitching in for a night at the Ramada sounds good. I wouldn't want to stay two nights, though.

ACC3SS on
    edited March 2010
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    Pitching in for a night at the Ramada sounds good. I wouldn't want to stay two nights, though.

Are you going to be 21 for this trip btw? I thought you said your 21st was coming this spring.

AbsintheMinded on
    edited March 2010
    I'm down for any of the three wootstock options, though I would prefer to stay at least one night.

de4dmeta1 on
    edited March 2010
    I'll be totally fine with staying the one night, I don't want to stay 2 nights though.

Wormdundee on
This discussion has been closed.