Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Aion] ITT we argue about MMO lore

1545557596062

Posts

  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I found some level 20 blue greatsword. its not tradeable :(

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    was it on a pecku named bluefeather? or, bluesomething?

    i found a killer level ~20 untradeable blue mail chestpiece on him last night

    i'm an assassin :(

    Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    na. some sprigg named Karate Ikid. He drops Karate Ikid's Greatsword

    (his karate was not very strong)

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    dang.

    i just grinded (ground?) like 40 points in tailoring. cost about 50k. i am ready to die.

    Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have my blacksmithing at 50 but until I find a good design seems silly to go any further

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Most of your designs actually come from doing your Work Orders, so thats very counteractive. Continue to do your work orders/level your skill, and the patterns will come to you.

    Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wren wrote: »
    I have my blacksmithing at 50 but until I find a good design seems silly to go any further

    From 100 onwards, you get Green recipes from Work Orders.

    aunsoph on
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hillean wrote: »
    Most of your designs actually come from doing your Work Orders, so thats very counteractive. Continue to do your work orders/level your skill, and the patterns will come to you.

    Beaten so hard. :(

    aunsoph on
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wren wrote: »
    na. some sprigg named Karate Ikid. He drops Karate Ikid's Greatsword

    (his karate was not very strong)

    Rare spawn, one of the better 2h's to level with.

    Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hillean wrote: »
    Wren wrote: »
    na. some sprigg named Karate Ikid. He drops Karate Ikid's Greatsword

    (his karate was not very strong)

    Rare spawn, one of the better 2h's to level with.

    but half of my attacks need a shield :(
    aunsoph wrote: »
    Wren wrote: »
    I have my blacksmithing at 50 but until I find a good design seems silly to go any further

    From 100 onwards, you get Green recipes from Work Orders.

    oh I see. well I guess I need to find 100,000 golds so I can get there

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    so if I'm a level 17 gladiator, should I bother buying a new polearm? had this one for like six levels

    been getting my gear from campaign quests and lucky drops so far. this last campaign mission had a weapon for a reward but no polearm

    also, I'm kind of sad that glad now seems to be the most played class on the server :/

    Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • the devious spear is very nice, i used it all the way to 25!

    if you are on yustiel and have the mats i can make it for u

    Push Button / Receive Cat on
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    thanks, but I'm on Azphel. playing with a couple friends

    thinking about rolling a character on Yustiel to play with the PA folks some eventually though

    Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lockout wrote: »
    so if I'm a level 17 gladiator, should I bother buying a new polearm? had this one for like six levels

    been getting my gear from campaign quests and lucky drops so far. this last campaign mission had a weapon for a reward but no polearm

    also, I'm kind of sad that glad now seems to be the most played class on the server :/

    Craftables go up every 5 levels (20, 25, 30, etc), and you can find greens usually on the oddball levels (Infamous at 24, Beast at 29, etc)

    Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Not a Lizard Person Center of the EarthRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I found a Tropical Longbow...looks like it sells pretty well. It has two manastone slot thingies and say's it's godstone enabled or some shit. The default price when I put up the store was 17.5k O_o
    And I'm still using the cicada looking shielsd that dropped off some Gatekeeper Sparkie guy in Poeta.

    TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    gonna work on my armorsmithing when I get off work.

    M.D. on
  • AistanAistan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Helped take a fortress last night. It's pretty hilarious, you get money in the mail after a successful capture. I think the amount is based off your rank.

    I got 500 gold.

    "Yes thank you for your help in securing territory in Reshanta! Here's 1/6 of what it will cost to teleport back to Morheim!"



    Ah well It was fun regardless.

    Aistan on
    steam_sig.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Not a Lizard Person Center of the EarthRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm trying to craft stuff but i haven't found any of these armor fluxes. seems I wont be making myself any armor anytime soon

    TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • BeezelBeezel Keep your eye on the ballRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, I felt the call of the assassin.
    and I'm not disappointed

    Question about poisons though, I heard that they only last 2 minutes
    true? Because that's a lot of damn money for poison stacks

    Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lockout wrote: »
    so if I'm a level 17 gladiator, should I bother buying a new polearm? had this one for like six levels

    been getting my gear from campaign quests and lucky drops so far. this last campaign mission had a weapon for a reward but no polearm

    also, I'm kind of sad that glad now seems to be the most played class on the server :/

    I went from Karmic Spear to Frozen Spear (14), and then I plan on using Brutal Spear (17) and then Black Claw Spear (19) if it drops.

    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Beezel wrote: »
    So, I felt the call of the assassin.
    and I'm not disappointed

    Question about poisons though, I heard that they only last 2 minutes
    true? Because that's a lot of damn money for poison stacks



    At first rank, its 1 reagent for 2 minutes of proccing. This poison does a decent DoT, and most importantly it prevents flying.

    At rank 2 its 2 reagents for 2 minutes of proccing for regular poison. Bigger dot, same anti-flight.

    You'll get different poisons, like the stupid 30 seconds of chance to proc a stun stigma one thats 6 of the reagents. 6! for 30 seconds!

    CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Not a Lizard Person Center of the EarthRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    templarlevel12.png
    Level 12 Templar.
    I am... ZORRO!

    TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • you know, i am level 27 and i am still wearing those pants :(

    /bad

    Push Button / Receive Cat on
  • BeezelBeezel Keep your eye on the ballRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Beezel wrote: »
    So, I felt the call of the assassin.
    and I'm not disappointed

    Question about poisons though, I heard that they only last 2 minutes
    true? Because that's a lot of damn money for poison stacks



    At first rank, its 1 reagent for 2 minutes of proccing. This poison does a decent DoT, and most importantly it prevents flying.

    At rank 2 its 2 reagents for 2 minutes of proccing for regular poison. Bigger dot, same anti-flight.

    You'll get different poisons, like the stupid 30 seconds of chance to proc a stun stigma one thats 6 of the reagents. 6! for 30 seconds!

    That sounds like a lot of bullshit
    But then again I'm probably spoiled by wow's poisons for rogues. But even back before the "Quality of Life" changes they lasted 30 minutes I thought.

    I probably need to buckle down and find a steady source of income however

    Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
  • joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am so tired of being broke. I am so thankfull for PA peeps helping out with crafting at cost. Kalgareth managed to crit me a fantastic Noble Worthy breastplate (+9 flight time? yes please!)

    Its also nice when people actually buy things from my AFK store.

    joshua1 on
  • EZEZ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Anyone here work at Best Buy?? I am trying to get my hands on a pre order box. My local best buys dont have anymore.

    EZ on
    psn: Fueler325
    Steam ID:
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't think you'll be able to find a preorder at this point.

    Skeith on
    mts wrote: »
    heres how i see it being a total win situation for you
    1. stay with your wife while she dog sits. this wins husband points since she knows its out of your comfort zone
    2. have sex all over her friends house so that the next time you see her friend look at you condescendingly, you can wink back knowing you did the freaky deaky where she eats her cheerios.
  • joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh snap.... this game has me addicted bad.

    If you see me in game (Dresden), tell me to stop playing and get back to writing my thesis.

    joshua1 on
  • Darkchampion3dDarkchampion3d Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Yustiel go boom.

    Right as I finally upgraded spartawhatshisname's hauberk to the L30 quest blue for 100k. I think the transition from chain armor to pink dress (with about 50% better stats) crashed the server!

    Darkchampion3d on
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence --Thomas Jefferson
  • LepLep Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ah so it wasn't just me who got booted then.

    Lep on
  • flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, a bunch of us asmodeans on Ariel were kicking ass in the black claw village when we all got booted at once.

    Logging back in to rez sickness is so awesome :P

    flammiebc on
    Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • TethTeth __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2009
    So, at level 24, I finally found out that directional movement affects various stats during combat (moving forward reduces defense but raises offense, side-to-side increase dodge, etc) and what these power stones do.

    Teth on
    #1
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Teth wrote: »
    So, at level 24, I finally found out that directional movement affects various stats during combat (moving forward reduces defense but raises offense, side-to-side increase dodge, etc) and what these power stones do.

    wh...what?

    Wavechaser on
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    People still do the anal thing?
  • PsychoishPsychoish Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Teth wrote: »
    So, at level 24, I finally found out that directional movement affects various stats during combat (moving forward reduces defense but raises offense, side-to-side increase dodge, etc) and what these power stones do.

    wh...what?

    When you move, there's a little green arrow thing in the direction you're moving. I wondered what that did for a very long time.

    Psychoish on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    How does that work? If you run forward, won't you run through your target?

    Wavechaser on
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    People still do the anal thing?
  • PsychoishPsychoish Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    How does that work? If you run forward, won't you run through your target?

    Run in circles.

    Psychoish on
  • HiragaHiraga Registered User
    edited October 2009
    Christ there are so many gold sellers.

    Hiraga on
  • TethTeth __BANNED USERS
    edited October 2009
    Psychoish wrote: »
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    How does that work? If you run forward, won't you run through your target?

    Run in circles.

    If there's room, time your attacks and work against your targets. I guess this only works for melee classes for offense though.

    I back peddle as they wind up an attack, increase my parry (Chanter). Move forward then unleash a combo when it's ready. If you move through them a bit, it's OK, it usually still works for every attack in the chain.

    Teth on
    #1
  • THE TedTHE Ted Tedoculus OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    oh my god I hate this game so much. How can they make such a good game with such shitty lag and connection problems? I mean god damn its been two weeks already, and I'd probably understand if it was happening at like, oh I don't know peek hours like 7 PM BUT ITS 2AM, I'VE BEEN SICK FOR A WEEK I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE I WANT TO PLAY MY DAMN MMO

    THE Ted on
    The train is a lie. The cake is a spy.
  • AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    THE Ted wrote: »
    oh my god I hate this game so much. How can they make such a good game with such shitty lag and connection problems? I mean god damn its been two weeks already, and I'd probably understand if it was happening at like, oh I don't know peek hours like 7 PM BUT ITS 2AM, I'VE BEEN SICK FOR A WEEK I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE I WANT TO PLAY MY DAMN MMO

    lag and connection problems? I have had nothing of the sort and I live in Australia, the farthest you can get from the servers. I haven't really heard of any connection problems either from anyone.

    Are you sure that it isn't an issue with your computer and/or internet provider?

    Avicus on
    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.