As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Aspect ratios on my HDTV

BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
so for christmas I got a Olevia Syntax 323v (It was on sale where I work and I read around for reviews and saw everything was very positive except for the speakers (which suck) but I have speakers I hooked up to it) and since I knew I was getting it, I bought myself an upconverting DVD player (Panasonic DVD-S52) and am using it with HDMI. I only have regular cable so the only widescreen video I'm using is the DVD player. However, for some reason when I have the tv set to "aspect" (which is whatever native aspect the input is; on standard tv it just has black bars on the left and right side) while using the DVD player, it looks like this

untitledtd0.gif

If I try to correct this by setting it to fullscreen, all it does is expand the left and right sides and not the top and bottom

untitled2mi8.gif

(note: these are not exact measurements, I just made some boxes in paint)

Am I missing something here?

steam_sig.png
Basticle on

• Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh, you know what? the problem is I'm a complete fucking retard and was watching a 1.44 to 1 DVD.

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png