Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Enough with the [Cass]tholic guilt, [Chat]

2456747

Posts

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh man, one of those presents is House Season 1.

    FUCK YOU, AMAZON.

    Elendil on
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    iPod dick.
    Man dude, Now you may actually get a Man's Voice.

    Dynagrip on
    ok98TNK.png
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    My family is watching Walk the Line while I sit here and play Dungeon Keeper 2/surf the web. This feels like some odd form of zen.

    Aroduc on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Aroduc wrote:
    My family is watching Walk the Line while I sit here and play Dungeon Keeper 2/surf the web. This feels like some odd form of zen.

    I'm filling a glass tank full of water.

    30 gallons is a lot of drywall buckets worth of water. :)

    _J_ on
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    Uh, I just wonder how much stuff the H/A mods decided to protect us from? Hmm, Well, I guess Papa Bear does know us best.

    Dynagrip on
    ok98TNK.png
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User
    edited December 2006
    _J_ wrote:
    Aroduc wrote:
    My family is watching Walk the Line while I sit here and play Dungeon Keeper 2/surf the web. This feels like some odd form of zen.
    I'm filling a glass tank full of water.

    30 gallons is a lot of drywall buckets worth of water. :)
    You got Sea Monkeys for Christmas?

    To add to my clothes and books, I got a couple of sweaters and Seven Samurai and Band of Brothers on DVD from my girlfriend and her family. That's pretty cool.

    Andrew_Jay on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shit -- totally forgot to buy chips to go with this beer. I need to find some lining for my stomach before I hurt myself here.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    So yeah we just got back from Maine and sent Frankie's sister on her way and I have the rest of the week off and even though I hate hate hate each and every day I go to work, fuck if I know how to spend a week off.

    I mean we have a new toaster, so maybe I can occupy my time with that.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    So yeah we just got back from Maine and sent Frankie's sister on her way and I have the rest of the week off and even though I hate hate hate each and every day I go to work, fuck if I know how to spend a week off.

    I mean we have a new toaster, so maybe I can occupy my time with that.
    Will, there's this thing -- it's called booze. Booze and James Brown. I fail to see how this week can't be the best week of your life.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User
    edited December 2006
    VishNub wrote:
    menora.jpg
    Despite the filename, this is not a menorah. A menorah has nine candles; one for each day and a shamash candle (for lighting the others).

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    _J_ wrote:
    Aroduc wrote:
    My family is watching Walk the Line while I sit here and play Dungeon Keeper 2/surf the web. This feels like some odd form of zen.

    I'm filling a glass tank full of water.

    30 gallons is a lot of drywall buckets worth of water. :)
    Receive a miniature kraken for Christmas?

    Gim on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    VishNub wrote:
    menora.jpg
    Despite the filename, this is not a menorah. A menorah has nine candles; one for each day and a shamash candle (for lighting the others).
    Don't listen to him Vish, he's just trying to get you to buy a new .jpg off him for "cheap."

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Despite the filename, this is not a menorah. A menorah has nine candles; one for each day and a shamash candle (for lighting the others).
    Don't listen to him Vish, he's just trying to get you to buy a new .jpg off him for "cheap."
    We have easy financing options.

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    Aroduc wrote:
    My family is watching Walk the Line while I sit here and play Dungeon Keeper 2/surf the web. This feels like some odd form of zen.

    I'm filling a glass tank full of water.

    30 gallons is a lot of drywall buckets worth of water. :)
    Receive a miniature kraken for Christmas?

    I wish. I got a 30 gallon tank. :)

    It could house a miniature kraken if anyone knows where i can get one.

    _J_ on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    So yeah we just got back from Maine and sent Frankie's sister on her way and I have the rest of the week off and even though I hate hate hate each and every day I go to work, fuck if I know how to spend a week off.

    I mean we have a new toaster, so maybe I can occupy my time with that.
    Will, there's this thing -- it's called booze. Booze and James Brown. I fail to see how this week can't be the best week of your life.
    Yeah in terms of booze I guess I'm loaded for bear. I could probably kill myself a few times over with all the liquor I've stockpiled over the years. Though really it's kind of hard to countenance getting bombed to James Brown - it's just too high-energy or something. I think Al Green or hell maybe some old blues grinder is kind of more my speed if I'm looking to get sloppy to old music by a black guy.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Despite the filename, this is not a menorah. A menorah has nine candles; one for each day and a shamash candle (for lighting the others).
    Don't listen to him Vish, he's just trying to get you to buy a new .jpg off him for "cheap."
    We have easy financing options.
    Actually, if you threw a bagel in, this offer would begin looking more and more tempting...

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    Despite the filename, this is not a menorah. A menorah has nine candles; one for each day and a shamash candle (for lighting the others).
    Don't listen to him Vish, he's just trying to get you to buy a new .jpg off him for "cheap."
    We have easy financing options.
    Actually, if you threw a bagel in, this offer would begin looking more and more tempting...
    I would, but we don't really have any good bagel places around here.

    Most of them don't seem to realize that a bagel is supposed to be boiled, not just white bread shaped like a doughnut.

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I don't know if I "get" Taxi Driver.

    Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Yeah in terms of booze I guess I'm loaded for bear. I could probably kill myself a few times over with all the liquor I've stockpiled over the years. Though really it's kind of hard to countenance getting bombed to James Brown - it's just too high-energy or something. I think Al Green or hell maybe some old blues grinder is kind of more my speed if I'm looking to get sloppy to old music by a black guy.
    Dude -- The Godfather just died. His music is going to be making me feel like shit for quite some time now.

    Also, listening to music, ANY music, is definitely my favorite part of getting drunk alone. You just FEEL that shit like you never have before, whether it's upbeat, soul, techno, psychadelic hip hop, whatever. The drums just hit and your head starts bobbing up and down, and before you know it your hip is twitching a little left and right. You should try it. Does your girlfriend drink? Man, some of my fondest memories are wasting a day getting drunk with just my girlfriend. I'm handing you the keys to happiness here, Will, it's not my fault if you're too afraid to jump in and start driving.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Despite the filename, this is not a menorah. A menorah has nine candles; one for each day and a shamash candle (for lighting the others).
    Well yay Jews and all that but seriously when you make up a language with words like "shamash" you're really just begging for everyone to fuck with you.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I wonder if anything's open today.
    I know that head shop that Iranian dude runs on El Camino is. I'm sure I could find a liquor store somewheres.
    My friend just got a new TV. Maybe I could go over to her place, get her husband drunk while she gets stoned, and play Zelda.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    I don't know if I "get" Taxi Driver.
    [realspoiler:9053f3ddce]I'm convinced the whole end sequence, after he shoots everyone and the cops show up, is a dream, although no filmmaker or any such person has admitted to this. I don't like the film if the end sequence isn't a dream, though.[/realspoiler:9053f3ddce]

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User
    edited December 2006
    Feral wrote:
    I wonder if anything's open today.
    Gas stations.
    Movie theaters.
    Maybe Walmart.

    I wanted to see Children of Men, but despite the fact that it's on wide release, no theater in Phoenix is showing it.

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Yeah in terms of booze I guess I'm loaded for bear. I could probably kill myself a few times over with all the liquor I've stockpiled over the years. Though really it's kind of hard to countenance getting bombed to James Brown - it's just too high-energy or something. I think Al Green or hell maybe some old blues grinder is kind of more my speed if I'm looking to get sloppy to old music by a black guy.
    Dude -- The Godfather just died. His music is going to be making me feel like shit for quite some time now.

    Also, listening to music, ANY music, is definitely my favorite part of getting drunk alone. You just FEEL that shit like you never have before, whether it's upbeat, soul, techno, psychadelic hip hop, whatever. The drums just hit and your head starts bobbing up and down, and before you know it your hip is twitching a little left and right. You should try it. Does your girlfriend drink? Man, some of my fondest memories are wasting a day getting drunk with just my girlfriend. I'm handing you the keys to happiness here, Will, it's not my fault if you're too afraid to jump in and start driving.

    Getting Frankie to drink is like pulling teeth. I have to sissy up anything she'll pour down her throat and her tolerance is such shit that she's asleep before she drains half a glass.

    I guess I prefer to drink with company but hell I'm not too picky really. Maybe all of us who aren't hanging out with a family can get a vent thing running later tonight ro something.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Plaid Pantry is open, that's where I got my beer. I panicked for a second before I remembered that I actually spent my last Christmas alone in this city, and that was the one place I found open back then, too. I'd have starved two Christmases in a row if it wasn't for that beautiful little corner store chain.

    (Although they didn't have 40s -- so lame.)

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:
    I don't know if I "get" Taxi Driver.
    [realspoiler:8582c0ee41]I'm convinced the whole end sequence, after he shoots everyone and the cops show up, is a dream, although no filmmaker or any such person has admitted to this. I don't like the film if the end sequence isn't a dream, though.[/realspoiler:8582c0ee41]
    [realspoiler:8582c0ee41]I also think it's a dream. But you have to wonder, if he died, then whose dream is it?[/realspoiler:8582c0ee41]

    Gim on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Getting Frankie to drink is like pulling teeth. I have to sissy up anything she'll pour down her throat and her tolerance is such shit that she's asleep before she drains half a glass.
    Get her to drink with you and just you, so she won't feel self-conscious and can just have fun. I'm telling you man ... my last girlfriend drank more than me, it was a blessing and a curse.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Feral wrote:
    I wonder if anything's open today.
    Gas stations.
    Movie theaters.
    Maybe Walmart.

    I wanted to see Children of Men, but despite the fact that it's on wide release, no theater in Phoenix is showing it.

    What the hell...nobody around here is showing it yet either.

    Is it going to go into widerer release?

    gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Feral wrote:
    I wonder if anything's open today.
    Gas stations.
    Movie theaters.
    Maybe Walmart.

    I wanted to see Children of Men, but despite the fact that it's on wide release, no theater in Phoenix is showing it.
    I don't think it's in wide release until Friday. Just limited release today. I was also checking to see if it was at my theater today :(

    Gim on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User
    edited December 2006
    gundam470 wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    I wonder if anything's open today.
    Gas stations.
    Movie theaters.
    Maybe Walmart.

    I wanted to see Children of Men, but despite the fact that it's on wide release, no theater in Phoenix is showing it.

    What the hell...nobody around here is showing it yet either.

    Is it going to go into widerer release?
    Oh, I thought it was just an extension of the usual lack of good movies in Phoenix.

    Gim: All I know is Rotten Tomatoes and Harkins' Theaters both list it as coming out today on wide release. *shrug*

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • gundam470gundam470 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    I wonder if anything's open today.
    Gas stations.
    Movie theaters.
    Maybe Walmart.

    I wanted to see Children of Men, but despite the fact that it's on wide release, no theater in Phoenix is showing it.
    I don't think it's in wide release until Friday. Just limited release today. I was also checking to see if it was at my theater today :(

    Ah. Good. I'm really eager to see this movie.

    gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Whoever invented string cheese should be knighted.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gim: All I know is Rotten Tomatoes and Harkins' Theaters both list it as coming out today on wide release. *shrug*
    I'm going by the IMDb release dates page. There is absolutely no place around here playing it.

    Gim on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User
    edited December 2006
    Gim wrote:
    Gim: All I know is Rotten Tomatoes and Harkins' Theaters both list it as coming out today on wide release. *shrug*
    I'm going by the IMDb release dates page. There is absolutely no place around here playing it.
    Fair enough.

    I guess this means I can't be angry at the Phoenix area for being a vast cultural morass.

    This time.

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS
    edited December 2006
    Feral wrote:
    I wonder if anything's open today.

    Well, I can't order pizza because it's closed. Fuckin' Christmas, so annoying.

    ege02 on
    Medopine wrote: »
    Fuck that woman going "oh god oh no!!"

    It's nature, bitch
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Man, why the fuck didn't we do a Christmas offensive in Iraq? This could have been the battle that turned the tide.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
    wisdom wrote:
    if knowledge is power and power corrupts, be smart, be evil
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    ege02 wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    I wonder if anything's open today.

    Well, I can't order pizza because it's closed. Fuckin' Christmas, so annoying.

    Our Wal-Mart is closed.

    And the pet stores are closed.

    /grumble

    _J_ on
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Gim on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Man, why the fuck didn't we do a Christmas offensive in Iraq? This could have been the battle that turned the tide.
    We could've used a "FOR BABY JESUS!!!" battlecry and everything.

    His Corkiness on
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User
    edited December 2006
    Christmas dinner . . . so full.

    Andrew_Jay on
This discussion has been closed.