As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Phallization - Game Over! Babylonian, Egyptian and Celtic Victory!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Victoryyy!

We didn't really have proboards, as both Suki and I got subbed in within a 24 hour period (roughly).

hi5 Egyptians for doing most of the work for us!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for hosting, Daius.

Even if you didn't accept my World Wonder suggestion.

EDIT: Oh, right. Celts. Someone fed you info on Rainfall, I assume?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh yes, and thanks for hosting Daius. Forgot to say that in my previous post :P. 'twas fun!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Zerinan wrote: »
    Horray! I got a partial victory!

This was definitely an interesting game, although the random last minute bandwagon against me kinda sucked. But other than that, this was quite fun!

It really wasn't last minute. I pm'd everyone in our alliance that day and told them that we should vote you out since you were either a roman, greek, or Persian.

I just wanted it to seem like we were bandwagoning you for voting for kime, since I actually do dislike kimewagons.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

This was definitely an interesting game, although the random last minute bandwagon against me kinda sucked. But other than that, this was quite fun!

It really wasn't last minute. I pm'd everyone in our alliance that day and told them that we should vote you out since you were either a roman, greek, or Persian.

I just wanted it to seem like we were bandwagoning you for voting for kime, since I actually do dislike kimewagons.

You screwed up by calling a kimewagon before he voted for Kime though.

And we kinda weren't sure where to stand on you, OS... Which is why we catapaulted you.

We had no fucking clue how to use Zerinan's improvement, though.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »

Psolms and I had a four way alliance going. Psolms told me he found a roman, wouldn't say who, because he had a none aggression pact with her.

Ahava wasn't online and I knew Arivia was a Persian. Logic is fun.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Can we a get a list of starting abilities, who got what later, and what was possible, if you don't mind Daius? Thanks. <3

EDIT: That's ridiculous, ddj.

So, why'd you kill Kistra the next day? =p

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I don't remember the exact reason for the hit on rainfall, but all the info psolms got on Day 1 pretty much went 100% to dune.

before day 1 was over psolms and dune had revealed their entire teams to each other.

That was why I was able to still be in contact with them after they died.

I revealed to Lonely and Delmain hoping they were german, and it turned out they were.

I had already known SS was a bab, so basically on Day 2 i was in contact with the babs and celts.

On day 3 I lost my power so I decided to network since i was hoping someone would waste a kill on me instead of our capital. We had so many kills to use that in the process of confirming all the targets with everyone and revealing to Delmain and ahava gave me a pretty much full list of all my allies.

Then it just became a good old game of X unknowns and X kills.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Favourite thing for me to see on the Proboards while being unaware of exactly what was going on behind the scenes :- The Persians being convinced for a good 2 and a half days that Orange Soda was their enemy.

PMs and the like will be up tomorrow morning if anyone cares for that sort of thing. The full list of units that were assigned and the like. Take it upon yourselves to unlock and link proboards.

This was fun to host, but the one major issue for me was the fact that I'd designed it in such a way that there was hardly any point in posting in the thread when most of the discussion was in PMs, Proboards and IRC. I'll have to try and find a way to make more discussion arise if I try anything similar to this in the future.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    boogedybooboogedyboo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also, thanks for hosting Daius and putting up with my many newbie questions.
    This was a great 2nd phalla.

boogedyboo on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Athenor wrote: »

And we kinda weren't sure where to stand on you, OS... Which is why we catapaulted you.

really? I thought he had already voted for kime before it took off on him?
    I thought he was like the 2nd vote.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

*ahem* I NEVER ACTUALLY VOTED FOR KIME! Not once did the name "kime" show up in any of my posts with red coloring.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009

really? I thought he had already voted for kime before it took off on him?
    I thought he was like the 2nd vote.
    Nope. He mused about whether a kime-as-sub-wagon is a true kimewagon, but he never voted.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I mean to be fair I def. would have worked with the persians.

Since we had been working with Dune from the beginning I wasn't going to throw them under the bus to the germans when at the time of revealing to them, they didn't even tell me they still had a kill.

My plan had been to toss the germans under the bus to the celts on the last day ( i believe one of my egyptians went ahead and did this after I died). I would have gladly sold them out to Arivia if she would have traded me some greeks or romans.

Also sorry delmain and ahava, if we had gotten in contact with you earlier it might have been different.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

*ahem* I NEVER ACTUALLY VOTED FOR KIME! Not once did the name "kime" show up in any of my posts with red coloring.

Oh man that is awesome. You got voted out for "kimewagoning" without voting for him. I like it.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Honestly, if I had known there were peace treaties in game, I would have attempted to orchestrate the Day 1 diplomatic universal victory. =p

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Oh man that is awesome. You got voted out for "kimewagoning" without voting for him. I like it.

So grudge'd.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Honestly, if I had known there were peace treaties in game, I would have attempted to orchestrate the Day 1 diplomatic universal victory. =p

Treaties were only available if there were certain units or improvements in your city, and there were conditions in place that meant that those who made treaties had to ally against their enemies.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can't speak much for decisions on diplomacy -- I'm not kidding, I just sat back and did data collection. B:L has to unlock the proboard though.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Here's Babylon if it hasn't been posted yet: http://cradleofcreation.proboards.com/

Savant on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Can we a get a list of starting abilities, who got what later, and what was possible, if you don't mind Daius? Thanks. <3

EDIT: That's ridiculous, ddj.

So, why'd you kill Kistra the next day? =p

Ridiculously awesome.

I was dead. I have no idea why. At that point the Celts knew Ahava was a German so I was surprised when she didn't die. But there was a definite Romans first policy that Psolms and I initially set up.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Speaking of which... can we get the full list of mechanics, units, buildings, and what each age did?

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hrm. I don't know what to say about the power balance.

Full vig+vote null vs Full seer + limited vig (that if it didn't work would probably mean they weren't your enemy at least before guards come into play)?

I'd probably take the latter over the former.
    Speaking of which... can we get the full list of mechanics, units, buildings, and what each age did?
    He said he'd post it in the morning, Sugar Water.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    http://wereindenile.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

I feel like the power balance was fine. This game was all about making the alliances with 2 other tribes.

Basically any tribe could ally with 2 others and agree to kill 4 other civs to win.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    http://wereindenile.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

I feel like the power balance was fine. This game was all about making the alliances with 2 other tribes.

Basically any tribe could ally with 2 others and agree to kill 4 other civs to win.

This is what we figured out about day 2. However, with Arivia compromised we had no real way to know who was ally and who was enemy. B:L tried to do some moves, and got nuked for his troubles.

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Egypt boards not unlocked.

I'm talking individual civ to civ. Yeah, you're supposed to ally, but if you've got the weaker powers, who really wants you?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    My last day I -so- wanted to guard Orange Soda, just for the WTF factor.

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Oh man that would have been awesome. Honestly I really thought Spork was going to screw us at some point just because.

I'm not saying i never considered trying to screw him over before he did it to us.

You persians really could have capitalized on that.

I feel like a mid game backstab in both alliances would have been awesome. Considering at that point most people should have already known who everyone was more or less anyway. The jump in ship wouldn't have been as huge a deal.

Egyptians and Persians team up to kill Babs

Babs and Greeks team up to kill Egyptians

I am REALLY surprised that isn't how it ended up when i saw that the greeks had peace making abilities.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The problem is we couldn't get in touch with people, either through our ambassadors being compromised, our ambassadors being offline, or everyone else being offline.

Day 3 was a low point.. go look at my posts. I was depressed because I felt so absolutely helpless, and was essentially praying that I'd live if nothing else. Then I didn't.

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I'm talking individual civ to civ. Yeah, you're supposed to ally, but if you've got the weaker powers, who really wants you?

And yet the Celts won, despite having the worst starting ability.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah honestly as long as the faction had some kind of kill IMO they were useful to ally with.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Oh man that would have been awesome. Honestly I really thought Spork was going to screw us at some point just because.

I'm not saying i never considered trying to screw him over before he did it to us.

You persians really could have capitalized on that.

I feel like a mid game backstab in both alliances would have been awesome. Considering at that point most people should have already known who everyone was more or less anyway. The jump in ship wouldn't have been as huge a deal.

Egyptians and Persians team up to kill Babs

Babs and Greeks team up to kill Egyptians

I am REALLY surprised that isn't how it ended up when i saw that the greeks had peace making abilities.

Backstabbing people you are working with and who know who you are is rather risky though, with a high chance of being bloody. It didn't work out too well for the Germans, who thought that Spork was a Roman.

Better to ally against people who don't know who you are.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The problem is we couldn't get in touch with people, either through our ambassadors being compromised, our ambassadors being offline, or everyone else being offline.

Day 3 was a low point.. go look at my posts. I was depressed because I felt so absolutely helpless, and was essentially praying that I'd live if nothing else. Then I didn't.

I dont understand what this had to do with anything.

Everyone in my alliance knew she was greek. Since she was guarded and revealed she would have made the perfect diplomat to anyone else.

She could have pm'd everyone in the game and tried to make alliances without worrying about getting killed.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Daius wrote: »

And yet the Celts won, despite having the worst starting ability.
    Yes, because of hilarious screwups in intel feeding and some solid alliance making.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this was an imbalanced game, I'm just commenting how, if I had a choice, I'd have picked the Babylonian's power set over the Roman's almost in a heartbeat is all.

EDIT: Backstabbing doesn't work out well if you plan to win future games.

For example, the only words you should ever believe coming from Spork are "I am a neutral, with a survival win condition".

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    But OS, she wasn't on during day 3. At least, she didn't post on our proboards when Zerinan and I were trying to figure out what to do.

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ah, got it. Yeah I think i remember her signing into IRC pretty late.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Soda, unlock the Egypt boards already. =p

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

He's to busy altering them.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

try now.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    eh.

Thanks for Running Dai. <3

lonelyahava on