As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Phallization - Game Over! Babylonian, Egyptian and Celtic Victory!

• Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Hrm. Well, at least we'll get assimilated by awesome.

PREVIEW: I was referring to Delmain, should have been more clear, sorry.

Except I'll probley get day one'd, just cause everyone hates me.

Why does everyone hate you?

Because I'm awesome.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Vote close? Right then.

EPIC REVEAL TIME

I am...
    ...a citizen of...
    AMERICA
    FUCK YEAH
    MORE SPECIFICALLY

I am an American citizen from the 2200s. The President of the United States has just been elected leader of the entire world (with the England PM as his running mate) and other countries aren't too happy about that! Specifically, those damned dirty Russian communists!

They've sent an Agent back in time to CHANGE HISTORY and prevent the democratic unification of the world and I'm here to stop him or her. Based on my win condition, my guess is their goal is to see all capitals destroyed once, and that'll be enough.
    [tiny]This was a complete and utter fabrication.[/tiny]

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Check, please!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So you're like the Terminator...in the first movie?

Egos on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well the only way to confirm that is to kill Spectrum, right?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Check, please!

I couldn't find the words to express this. Thank you, Rainfall

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well the only way to confirm that is to kill Spectrum, right?
    That sounds like something a German would say, since they clearly don't want AMERICA around to foil their world domination plans.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    OR to read the tiny text.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dingoes don't read, silly.

Arrrr.

Obviously this plot goes deeper than just Spectrum. I suspect Amazons.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Dingoes don't read, silly.

Arrrr.

Obviously this plot goes deeper than just Spectrum. I suspect Amazons.

Somebody could always read it to you, Dingo puppy!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm back. I'm moved into my new house and I have internet! Rawr. I'll have to spend an hour or so catching up. Sorry for my inactivity from yesterday morning to this evening.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Day 2 – Onto the Medieval Era

It was a dark night, windy and wild on the roads just outside the border. A lone man, robed smartly and with a sense of decorum about him, waited as the bandit caravan passed. A man wielding a particularly large club walked up to the dignitary and spoke.

“We heard you want business?”

The official smiled, knowingly.

“Yes. I require a large raiding party to attack a city.”

“Pah! Why should we help the likes of you?”

“Well for one, the spoils of war would be all yours. And secondly, I have a small gift for you.”

The man passed a small sack to the mercenary. Smiling as he saw the gold inside, he shook the robed stranger’s hand.

“Pleasure doing business with you. Which city did you want hitting?”

“One not far from here actually. The City of Spears...

“Not to worry. Soon it shall be levelled and forgotten. No city is impenetrable. Even if Spearmen do beat Tanks.”

Implicity operated as usual that day. The markets were busy and the people were happy. But one man had an agenda. His hood covering his head securely, he slipped into a back alley.

“Aah, my friend. What news from the outside world do you have to share?”

“I’ve found out something very important. The secret’s we’r-“

Suddenly, trumpets sound from outside the city. A large roaring of men could be heard.

“What was that?!”

The spy and his contact rushed out into the city streets. The people were now in a panic, running for their lives. Knowing the city well, the spy clambered up to a vantage point at the top of a watchtower. There, in the fields outside the city, stood the mighty Greek army. Their general stood proud at the front line.

“Pathetic Babylonians! It is by decree of the highest authorities that this city be BURNED! BURNED TO THE GROUND! Men, light your torches! THIS CITY SHALL BE SUCH A BEACON THAT THE GODS SHALL WITNESS IT FROM ATOP OLYMPUS!”

Within a few hours, there was nothing but ash.

In the ruins of Gaia’s Landing, the Romans had been caught off guard, thoroughly defeated by the well trained Egyptian troops. Marching into the palace, the Egyptian commander found the Roman Governor, sitting in his seat of honour.

“It’s over, Roman scum. Your people are now our slaves, and your city ruined. Surrender.”

“Heh. You have not won yet, you bird worshipping idiot. Even as we speak the unstoppable Roman Legion is trampling all over what was once your precious city of Decapod 10. For every innocent you have captured and enslaved here, our men have put cruelly to the sword back in Egypt. Such is war. Not that you’d understand that.”

“Silence!”

The commander rammed his spear through the Governor’s chest, killing him.

“Sir, what should our orders be?”

“...”

“Sir?”

“...keep the prisoner’s alive. We shall not lower ourselves to the level of these Roman monsters.”

As he turned, he saw the leader of the charioteers running up the steps of the temple, shouting at the top of his voice.

“Commander! Commander! Urgent news!”

“We have heard of the massacre at Deacpod 10.”

“No sir, you don’t understand! It’s the Roman Capital Village City! It was stormed by the Celtic armies! The Roman Consul is dead and the empire is in chaos!”

A smile spread across the commander as he turned back to the corpse of the Governor.

“Heh. You underestimated the Celts and they bring your people crashing to their knees. Looks like I’m not the only person who doesn’t understand war...”

The Celts were in good spirits, and rightly so. The power of the Roman Empire was fabled, and yet through sheer willpower they had managed to storm their way through their land and strike at its heart. There were many celebrations in Gondolin.

What a shame then, that as the German army approached, they were all far too drunk to put up a fight.

The standard had be set, war had spread across the continent. Now, as technology improved and weapons became stronger, the 7 Empires would have to move into the Medieval era, and hope that they’d live to see the other side.

The Dead -
    SkyCaptain - City of Spears - Destroyed by Raiders
    Egos - Implicity - Destroyed by Greeks
    Spectrum - Gaia's Landing - Destroyed by Egyptians
    psolms - Decapod 10 - Destroyed by Romans
    Rainfall - Village City, The Roman Captial - Destroyed by Celts
    Dunedainjedi - Gondolin - Destroyed by Germans

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    oOoOoOoOoOoOo

"Civis Romana Sum"

Preparations were already made for those who ignored the warning. My retribution is nigh!

COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY SURPRISED BY MY DEATH. DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING.

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    !Spec for being a massive douche

Delmain on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ooooOOOooo

Damn it.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I should adjust that. !Spectrum

Delmain on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Delmain wrote: »

Pssssst. You're voting for a corpse....

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I think you missed something, !Delmain

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I don't think you understand how the internet works.

Delmain on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't think you understand how the internet works.

Shouldn't you guys be not fucking starving now or did you just order pizza?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    All PMs should be out. Moan at me if you think I missed you.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Daius wrote: »
    All PMs should be out. Moan at me if you think I missed you.

Naughty.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    OoOOoOooOO

Fucking Gods of Olympus and their Naughtiness

OoOooOoO

Egos on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    After Day 1 the Persians and the Greeks stand unscathed. Might I offer a middle ground between the two empires, as one who has no vested interest in their destruction? It would seem prudent to find some allies at this juncture.

This goes for anyone else who wants to trade information as well, but I only feel confident about those two factions at this point.

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    God damn it sucks working on weekends.

In other news, woohoo! I'm still alive. Oh god I was scared there that someone would pull a hit on me!

(Of course that means the hit's coming tonight, but what are you gonna do. :D )

So yeah. I need a bit of time to catch up on the thread. For the record, though, Kistra? You're off my list. :D I just wanted to take some pot-shots at the pigeon and his Persian jackass friends from last game. And as Pigeon didn't play in this one, you were next. All is forgiven now, though.

Oh. Yeah, right. Catching up. I just want to say Fuck Metroid Prime 3 for being so kickass and engrossing and killing time that I could be using conquering and listening to the lamentations of women.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sigh.

I'm not going to be around before vote close tomorrow night.

this is just. ugh.

Need to vote.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    hmmm who to vote for.. who to vote for.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    !Sunkist

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Celts, Romans, Egyptians, Greeks, Persians, Germans, and Babylonians are the factions, right?

Celts and Romans are down two, Egyptians and Babylonians are down one. So Greeks, Persians, and Germans are left with all their cities intact.

I'm guessing the raiders were the vote, so we've got attacks from Germans, Celts, Romans, Egyptians, and Greeks. That means something happened to the attacks from the Persians and Babylonians.

Sorry, I know this is all just obvious review of the tally, but I figure it couldn't hurt.
    After Day 1 the Persians and the Greeks stand unscathed. Might I offer a middle ground between the two empires, as one who has no vested interest in their destruction? It would seem prudent to find some allies at this juncture.

This goes for anyone else who wants to trade information as well, but I only feel confident about those two factions at this point.

Just wondering, why the Persians and Greeks in particular? The Germans also made it through the night unaffected. Maybe it's because you are a part of the German faction? Or you want to destroy them, which would make friendly conversation a bit awkward?

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    AFAIK, our team's capital reported the ability to attack any other city, but it only worked against the 2 nationalities we were at war with. It's quite likely that the Persians and the Babylonians' attacks either didn't go against an enemy or didn't go off whatsoever, but I highly doubt the latter given there are at most four people telling the capital to raze someone.

Now if someone else has abilities above and beyond that, I'm all ears. But somehow I doubt people will be talking.

I also kind of wonder if Wonders will be in the game.

I should probably mention that I have no fucking clue who to vote for. :(

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Actually I forgot about the Germans (whoops) but you're not the only one to remind me. It seems the Greeks would be interested in opening a dialogue with the Germans and have even proposed a plan of mutual cooperation. If the Germans are interested they should PM me so I can set it up.

As for me, well - depending on your faction you have a 1 in 3 chance to be someone my faction needs to destroy. That's a risk. But I think lines of cooperation and communcation can open up the game a bit faster than waiting to feel everything out, and not everybody can afford to pass up a chance to be proactive.

And all this goes with a huge warning - I can't verify anyone that talks to me until we get narration - and that's even assuming someone doesn't drop an army on my doorstep just for meddling here. The best I can do is make sure the information I get is protected for the sake of everyone involved.

And that's all pretty worthless if only one faction bothers contacting me. So contact me! What's the worst that could happen?

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    KistraKistra Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Athenor wrote: »
    So yeah. I need a bit of time to catch up on the thread. For the record, though, Kistra? You're off my list. :D I just wanted to take some pot-shots at the pigeon and his Persian jackass friends from last game. And as Pigeon didn't play in this one, you were next. All is forgiven now, though.

Oh. Yeah, right. Catching up. I just want to say Fuck Metroid Prime 3 for being so kickass and engrossing and killing time that I could be using conquering and listening to the lamentations of women.
    Woo-hoo! I like being off of your list :D

But I am in the same boat as lonelyahava, I need to vote now... so I am going to vote !Delmain, for voting for the dead.

(but I will have new cute puppy pictures by the end of the day... so I should be able to keep you on my side athenor :P )

Kistra on
    Animal Crossing: City Folk Lissa in Filmore 3179-9580-0076
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Might not make it back before vote close, so Athenor shall serve as a place holder.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    o_O That's a lot of placeholders. Is that typical for a Sunday?

Anyways, !Arivia, because I don't fully understand her two vote switches the previous day.

Also, I have nothing against Spork at this time in terms of personal history, so reciprocation seems silly... for now. :twisted:

(Edited for spelling errors)

Athenor on
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    oooOoOoOoOo

http://www.erfworld.com/
    They took his spear.

SkyCaptain was a Stabber, Celt Infantry. Some stabbers had swords, but Wrigley was a Spearman. He was never without his spear. It had popped with him.

But they took it away from him. Somehow, that was all he could think about.

That, and how he'd never stabbed anything, Not ever. Only in practice. All those turns of practice stabbing an enemy unit, and he had never stabbed one. It wasn't right.

Back when they took this city, SkyCaptain had been there. From the grand city of the City of Spears where he had long served, they'd first marched him to powerful Gondolin, then to a smaller, uglier town called ???. ??? had just been reclaimed from Gobwin Knob, and the growing Coalition had the Roman Empire's forces on the run, falling back every turn. Not long after that, they had ordered his regiment to a frequently-conquered border outpost called Bohica. From there, they had promised him some real action at Warchalking.

But the Marbits did most of the work at Warchalking. The city fell, repelled a counterattack, and SkyCaptain took up yet another stretch of duty patrolling yet another city wall.

He had been so bored, all his life. Each turn had passed so slowly. Why did they all seem so brief now?

He was on his knees in the mud. His hands were held with the shackles that popped on his wrists the moment Warchalking's Garrison fell.

They had come in so fast, the attackers. Like the gate wasn't even there. The city had no warlord, and his orders were to stand fast, so he did. But Stanley's men were stabbing for the heart, and he was a toe. The Garrison was wiped out almost before he could turn around.

The Chief Warlord? A high-level Caster? Twelve stacks of heavies, knights, dwagons and Archons? For this dumpy town?

It wasn't fair.

He wanted his spear.

The other infantrymen knelt in the mud in a line to either side of him. They were forbidden to speak or raise their heads. But he stole a glance or two, and he had ears. He knew what was coming.

The Chief Warlord of Gobwin Knob was following the Caster, down the line of prisoners. With them was a knight with a broadsword. They were about three men away from him now.

It was funny. In all of those dull hours, all of that time for thinking, he had never much thought about what his life might mean. He had always assumed he would do great deeds some turn in the future, and that would give his life meaning. But he was out of future. And all he felt about it was something like idle curiosity.

It was said that the Titans took pity on those like him. He would not see the City of Heroes, no. But no man was a failure who had served dutifully, they told him. He heard the man beside him cry out with the blow of a broadsword, and saw him fall forward.

He heard the squelch of footsteps in the mud behind him. He found he didn't much care what was going to happen to him now.

He only wanted to know what would happen to his spear.

oooOoOoOoOo

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bravo good sir, Bravo

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    lonelyahava

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sunday, Bloody Sunday.

Day 2 is being extended to Monday Night, due to a mixture of the threat of chronic inactivity, the fact that it is Sunday, and that I have a pounding headache.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I went to bed at 11, woke up at 2:45 and the flew for 10 hours to end up in a hotel room.

whats everyone elses excuse for being inactive?

especially B:L!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Don't mind if I !Orange Soda!

Edit: DUNADUUUUMB

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat