As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Train Alliance (PAXTrain EAST!)

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Emerald line is go

Gonna find that lounge car at the next stop

kaleedity on
  • MoofedMoofed Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Dominion was fun. I look forward to more. They put the Boston bound people 2 cars in front of the lounge on the Lava Line. See you soon!

Moofed on
  • Lugh LamfhadaLugh Lamfhada Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Whee. I'm off to the station at "oh my god why is it so early" in the morning. See you boys and girls on the train.

Lugh Lamfhada on
    Too much paprika.
    Shit! Too much paprika!
    WHY IS THERE SO MUCH VOMIT IN THIS HAT?!
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Whee. I'm off to the station at "oh my god why is it so early" in the morning. See you boys and girls on the train.

Pffff. Early? Half of us haven't even gone to sleep yet.

Bitstream on
  • DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Looking forward to seeing everyone at Penn Station tonight. About to head off for the day ending with the train.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I admit I'm weak. I ended up sleeping on emerald.

Standing in line in washington now. Looking forward to this.

kaleedity on
    edited March 2010
    Aaaaannnnd stone line delayed

kaleedity on
  • ElSantosElSantos Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »

Yeah, well, like, the website still says it's getting to my stop at the same time. So, ha!

ElSantos on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »

what what what? Showing 12:05 at the gate

Bama on
    edited March 2010
    Apparently if it's behind by 5m it's considered delayed.

We are en route. Apparently the "cafe" car is closed. Will figure out what's going on.

kaleedity on
  • PirateJonPirateJon Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    On stone solo right at the quiet car. I am totally not a spy.

PirateJon on
    all perfectionists are mediocre in their own eyes
    edited March 2010
    Huh, guess the phone ate some of my posts.

Cafe/lounge/whateverthefuck car is near the center of the train.

kaleedity on
  • BigSassyBigSassy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    PirateJon wrote: »
    On stone solo right at the quiet car. I am totally not a spy.

You're in the wrong car then. We're towards the back near the quiet car, kicking back with a little mario kart. I'm standing out on the platform at each stop with a Fruit Fucker flag, so look for me if you wanna come back here where the action is :D

BigSassy on
  • Tiny415Tiny415 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just got on the Stone Line - where are you guys?

Tiny415 on
    PAX East 2010 Enforcer
    2010 Team SQUIRTLE Trainer
  • PuddingSenatorPuddingSenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Tiny415 wrote: »
    Just got on the Stone Line - where are you guys?

We're in the car directly in front of the cafe car, behind the quiet car. Pretty packed up here though, not sure if you can find a seat.

PuddingSenator on
  • Tiny415Tiny415 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Not a problem

Tiny415 on
    PAX East 2010 Enforcer
    2010 Team SQUIRTLE Trainer
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm interested in seeing this fruit fucker flag.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Just got on at Penn station. After everyone gets seats I'll try to find the PAX people.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • radjagoradjago Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lava Line has arrived. The bus ride wasn't as bad or long as I thought, but the unexpected 2 1/2 hour layover at the train station in Albany was a bit grating. We even got Amtrak to get us on a train from South Station to Back Bay for free. I'm expecting the group picture we took to be posted soon. Good riding with all of you.

radjago on
    PAX East Train Alliance, Metal Gear Line: 2013 || 2012 || 2010
    edited March 2010
    Stone Line somehow managed to arrive in Back Bay safe and sound, as well. And no one was kicked off for waving a fruit fucker flag.

ElSantos on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    radjago wrote: »
    Lava Line has arrived. The bus ride wasn't as bad or long as I thought, but the unexpected 2 1/2 hour layover at the train station in Albany was a bit grating. We even got Amtrak to get us on a train from South Station to Back Bay for free. I'm expecting the group picture we took to be posted soon. Good riding with all of you.

That bus driver didn't seem to know what he was doing, he almost ran a couple cars off the road and almost took the wrong turn twice. But at least he got us into Boston really quickly. This trip was really long, but it was fun.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited March 2010
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    radjago wrote: »

That bus driver didn't seem to know what he was doing, he almost ran a couple cars off the road and almost took the wrong turn twice. But at least he got us into Boston really quickly. This trip was really long, but it was fun.

I was toward the back and sleeping or swerving myself in MarioKart, so I didn't notice either way.

BTW, I, my wife Nakesha, and Daniel are staying an extra day on Monday, so unfortunately we won't be on the PAX train back. Maybe next year.

radjago on
    edited March 2010
    So Moe, any idea which station the bus leaves from tomorrow? Nobody I've asked seems to know.

Bitstream on
  • EkkosangenEkkosangen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It should say on your ticket, mine says South Station (last I checked) so I have to go with there.

...But I could be wrong.

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
    edited March 2010
    This train back is sickeningly dull.

ElSantos on
  • LocutusLocutus Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Same question, what is going down as far as getting back to south station? once we get to south station me and ekkosangen are set. the bus back to albeny, ny leaves at 11:55am if i remember correctly. need to know if amtrak will give us return "T" accesss to south station.

Corey/Locutus

Locutus on
    edited March 2010
    Posting this here so I can find this later, and so people from Sheraton who are on the train can see a projected route to South Station to get on the train.

Go to Back bay:

1. Head east on Belvidere St toward Huntington Ave 0.1 mi
    2. Continue onto W Newton St 36 ft
    3. Turn left at Huntington Ave 0.3 mi
    4. Continue onto Stuart St 459 ft
    5. Turn right at Dartmouth St 384 ft

Approx. 11 minutes

Buy ticket on commuter rail inbound, good times:

08:58 - 09:18 - 09:44 - 10:12 - 10:50 - 11:15

Cost: $1.70 per person from Back Bay to South Station, arrives 5 minutes after departure.

Chill at South Station until bus arrives, meet up somewhere (Lounge car again)? Anyone else taking the bus out at 11:55am?

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
  • XirycXiryc Middleburg Hts, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am. I'm at south station now,by the Au Bon Pain.

Xiryc on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    I'm going to be heading to South Station in a few minutes. See you guys for the ride back.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• LocutusLocutus Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Ok. disregard my previous post. Everything has been worked out. Currently in the Albany station.

Locutus on
    edited March 2010
    So the dozen or so of us left on the Lava Line are riding in a haunted train car. If we don't make it back by tomorrow, warn the nation of the spectral threat roaming its rails.

Bitstream on
    edited March 2010
    Haha. Oh man, guys. I totally fixed that door :D

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2010
    ElSantos wrote: »
    This train back is sickeningly dull.

I have to agree. We stayed an extra day and it has rained non-stop. We ran into one PAX couple at the Museum of Science, and there's one couple on the train back now, but no one but normal people are in the lounge car.

radjago on
    edited March 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Haha. Oh man, guys. I totally fixed that door :D

You fixed the shit out of that door. One of the staff almost broke it again after you got off, but it was fine the rest of the trip.

Also, reporting in back at home. :D

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Figured I would upload the pictures I took while on the train, from the Rockies to Chicago to Albany. Mostly scenery, of course.

http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss343/Coldbrew71/PAX%20EAST/

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • pattonragepattonrage Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Ronald Reagan was our most delicious President.

pattonrage on
    edited March 2010
    Haha! Oh man, I almost forgot, ALL BURGERS ARE NOW KNOWN AS REAGANS!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2010
    I'll have a bacon-Reagan with cheese, please.

Bitstream on
    edited March 2010
    wtf did i miss?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • gidgetsgidgets Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Group photo that ended up in Boston on Lava line is up on my flickr!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gidgets/sets/72157623745155620/

4481005614_d0ac9e00fe_b.jpg

Add your own photos to the photo pool on flickr I created:
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/1401280@N23/

I also posted it onto facebook for those of you that ended up being my facebook buddy. Please tag that photo with people you know.

3 girls out of 24 people ain't too bad of a ratio for PAX ;). Hopefully more fellow geekgirls next year!

< 3,
    ~Jo

gidgets on
This discussion has been closed.