As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East Train Alliance (PAXTrain EAST!)

• WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I looked at some shots at the Lakeshore Limited, and the train itself looked a little smaller than the Starlight Express... Where are you gonna hold the big gatherings without getting the other train-riders mad?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Well, on the west coast, PAX has concluded with the final round of the Omegathon. There has been no indication of an east Omegathon or similar tournament, so it's unknown what they will be concluding PAX with.

Khoo has said there will be something similar but different.

VisionOfClarity on
    edited September 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    Haven't decided if we'll be taking the train up or driving, I guess it sort of depends where we end up staying

If we come up Amtrak it will be from New London, CT on the Stone Line probably Thursday sometime, too soon to know exactly when

You should stay at least part of the trip in my apartment because it will be free and we can drink margaritas and play video games!

VisionOfClarity on
  • LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If I end up heading to PAXEast (highly likely) I will most definitely be doing this. I'll either be taking the train from Philadelphia or Miami depending on where I'm living when this goes down.

My current residence is in Philly but I just applied for a job in St. Thomas, in the US Virgin Islands, so the plan would be to fly to Miami and train it the rest of the way. Sounds a bit out-of-the-way but the excitement of this being my first PAX is saying "fuck that" to all logic.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Haven't decided if we'll be taking the train up or driving, I guess it sort of depends where we end up staying

If we come up Amtrak it will be from New London, CT on the Stone Line probably Thursday sometime, too soon to know exactly when

You should stay at least part of the trip in my apartment because it will be free and we can drink margaritas and play video games!

well if you and Kantank don't mind me and my better half I think that might work out! we'll figure it out

Usagi on
    edited September 2009

well if you and Kantank don't mind me and my better half I think that might work out! we'll figure it out

We do have a queen sized airbed.

Also you're totally the better half.

VisionOfClarity on
  • nervenerve Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm still debating wether to take the Green line or fly to the Lava line.

nerve on
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What line you will be on: Stone Line
    Name: Tim K.
    Boarding Stop: Newark, NJ
    Ticket Purchased: N

feitocomfruta on
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What line you will be on: Emerald line
    Name: Kyle
    Boarding Stop: Charleston, SC
    Ticket Purchased: Y

I also have about a 50/50 chance of making it. My job involves erratic travel. But man, if it were all up to me I'd definitely be going, especially if you chums stop in my area.

EDIT: 50/50 no more. I'm in on this shit.

kaleedity on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    dooo it

let's be train buddies

freakish light on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2009
    We will all be train buddies.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SquadronROESquadronROE Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    kaleedity wrote: »
    What line you will be on: Emerald line
    Name: Kyle

I also have about a 50/50 chance of making it. My job involves erratic travel. But man, if it were all up to me I'd definitely be going, especially if you chums stop in my area.

Another PAXer in Charleston? Cool!

I'm on the fence about taking the train (mostly whether I want to pick it up in Charleston or Charlotte), but for right now throw me on board the emerald line starting at Charleston.

What line you will be on: Emerald Line
    Name: Sean

SquadronROE on
    Nerdism: Board Games, Video Games, Internetting/Coding
    edited September 2009
    Well, that's two for the emerald line, two for the stone line, two for the lava line and one for the blue line so far. Just remember to buy your tickets as soon as you can, Amtrak, like the airlines, raises ticket prices the closer we get to the date of departure. I'll be picking mine up as soon as I can confirm the days off.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What line you will be on: Stone Line
    Name: Goose/John
    Boarding Stop: Penn Station, NY

Pretty damn excited.

Goose! on
  • EkkosangenEkkosangen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hmmm...If I could book the right days off at work I could very well make this this trip by train, instead of driving out, granting me trip independence (with the option to take friends!).

If I were to go...

What line you will be on: Lava Line
    Name: Matt
    Boarding Stop: Chicago, IL

But we'll have to see. I'll probably end up booking middle of December, since I won't be able to book the days off until then.

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    might as well make it official

Name: Joe
    Boarding Stop: Florence, SC

freakish light on
  • -Phil--Phil- Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Name: Albert
    Boarding Stop: Miami, Fl

-Phil- on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trisha LynnTrisha Lynn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Stone Line
    Name: Trisha Lynn
    Boarding Stop: NY Penn Station

Note: I am a member of the Cookie Brigade and will have maybe 4 dozen cookies on the train with me, most likely dark chocolate peanut butter, chock-full of glutens. I'll also ask the Brigadeer who make the bacon cookies for the WCTT if I can get the recipe, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to make those, too.

Trisha Lynn on
    -- Editor/Publisher, GeekingOutAbout.com
    -- Publisher, Saucy Goose Press
    -- On Twitter @trishalynn
    edited September 2009
    jawdrop.jpg

time to buy my ticket

freakish light on
  • Mr P NutMr P Nut Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Can we have a "Mauve Line" for the Downeaster that goes from Maine through NH to Boston? =) I highly encourage all New Englanders to take the Downeaster to get there... from where we are, a round trip ticket on it costs less than a single day of parking at any of the hotels... and even from the furthest point away on the Downeaster, I'm fairy certain that it costs less than two days of parking.

From there, you arrive at North Station and it's a very short ride on the T to Back Bay which is right next to the convention center!

I'll be running the MMT this year so I'll be heading into town early, but other New Englanders be sure to take notice and hop on the train!

This.

Have a group of 3, maybe 4, heading down Thursday night from either the Portland or Wells station, will know more as it gets closer.

Mr P Nut on
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Name: Thetheroo/Will
    Boarding Stop: Rocky Mount, NC

Thetheroo on
  • tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Something that might get overlooked...

If you call Amtrak, you can place a reservation without having to put forth payment on the spot. This also locks your ticket price in. You can only do this over the phone thou, and don't talk to the automated voice, just say 'Representative'. How long they will hold the reservation depends...

800-USA-RAIL
    800-872-7245

tek on
  • smerksmerk Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    OMFG I'm so in.

WCTT was masively entertaining this year.

What line you will be on:Green Line
    Name: Smerk/Nick
    Boarding Stop: LAX or Victorville

Getting on at LA or Victorville.

Tickets are pretty cheap ATM. they get more expensive as the time gets closer.

smerk on
    What is this 'Pants' of which you speak?
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mr P Nut wrote: »
    Can we have a "Mauve Line" for the Downeaster that goes from Maine through NH to Boston? =) I highly encourage all New Englanders to take the Downeaster to get there... from where we are, a round trip ticket on it costs less than a single day of parking at any of the hotels... and even from the furthest point away on the Downeaster, I'm fairy certain that it costs less than two days of parking.

From there, you arrive at North Station and it's a very short ride on the T to Back Bay which is right next to the convention center!

I'll be running the MMT this year so I'll be heading into town early, but other New Englanders be sure to take notice and hop on the train!

This.

Have a group of 3, maybe 4, heading down Thursday night from either the Portland or Wells station, will know more as it gets closer.

Ahh... I didn't even think about it when I first posted here, but I'm running the MMT so I'll be in town a couple days early (and thus probably out of the running for participating in a Downeaster variant of the Train Alliance =( ). But you guys should definitely talk to Moe and see if he'd be up for making a little branch for us New Englanders! =)

I bet you we could get a pretty sizeable number of people on the Downeaster heading to PAX.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I didn't realize how late the train was going. I'm going to try for an earlier train since its a 4 hour ride and I did want to try and get in on some pre-PAX activities. Also the ticket for the train at that time is twice as expensive as the one I plan on buying. So yeah, remove me from the OP. Sorry guys!

Goose! on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, it's really either or when it comes to the trains it seems. Train or Pre-PAX events. Kind of a bummer that it works out that way, but that's what Post-PAX events are for.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • pjarvipjarvi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm also looking at leaving on an earlier train, I don't want to arrive after 9PM on the night before PAX. Trains run late and I want to get a good nights rest before the first day. I'm planning on taking the train from Chicago that leaves on the 23rd and arrives the 24th. Basically one day earlier.

What line you will be on: Lava (early, depart the 23rd)
    Name: PJarvi
    Boarding Stop: Chicago, IL

pjarvi on
    edited September 2009
    The late arrival is the only way to get everybody from as many lines as possible on the same trains. If you aim for an early departure, you're not going to be on the same train.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can't decide if the yellow train to and from looks like fun or a nightmarish hell from which I couldn't escape....

I'm not a 100 percent in for PAX East yet, but go ahead and pencil me in for the yellow line for now. Since I might just fly out too.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'll start looking at travel prices later, but I'm seriously going to consider this, especially since I'm likely only bringing one person from the area with me.

Blue Line
    Name: Brian (Coldbrew)
    Boarding Stop: Everett, WA

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited September 2009
    Just added this logo to the OP
    flg66w.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited September 2009
    Honestly, not a huge fan of the logo.

Arco on
    edited September 2009
    Care to elaborate?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• dardordardor Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I like the pun on ETA =)

dardor on
    I'll take a potato chip and eat it!
    edited September 2009
    Made one small adjustment (reflected above)

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I lol'ed at ETA as well. Not bad though, it's acceptable. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, my previous comment was the opposite of helpful. I didn't like the red/grey. The white is definitely better.

Arco on
  • psychotixpsychotix __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Possible on the train

What line you will be on:Stone
    Name:Steve Strasser
    Boarding Stop: Union Station
    Ticket Purchased: n

psychotix on
  • Cerrato0426Cerrato0426 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What line you will be on: Copper
    Name: Jason Cerrato (Cerrato0426)
    Boarding Stop: Davis, CA

This is only in the "possible" category right now. I really need to see some more copper support before I go buy my ticket!

Cerrato0426 on
    edited October 2009
    What line you will be on: Copper
    Name: Jace Proctor
    Boarding Stop: Reno, NV

Exact same situation for me. If we can get a good group of people for Copper, I'll be there. Otherwise I'll fly to Chicago and take the Lava Line over.

Arco on
This discussion has been closed.