Options

His name was Geralt of Rivia; Bioware's worst nightmare.

1235»

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd say so, but some comparison screens do make DA2 look kind of fugly.

9glc2q.jpg

Versus:
    94607dce1af4388ca9f5262791e55.jpg

Mind you, I've never played Dragon Age, just going by what I see. I don't care much about graphics, but that does seem kind of lazy.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You know what, I don't want to leap into a graphics debate here but I don't think I've ever been less enamoured with graphics at any other time in my life

As long as a title looks Source-level or better I can more than live with it, I have a crappy rig which isn't getting upgraded any time soon so I'd much rather have fun and fluid gameplay than gorgeous bump mapped wet rocks or swaying grass or whatever

In other words, TW2 probably looks better but I'm much, much, much more interested in which plays better and has the best storyline

To continue that article's high school analogy: Even if TW2 does have the most depth and intellect, boasting about her looks has put me off. Maybe I won't ask her out on a date

...wait that analogy doesn't work so well since I can buy them both. Everyone wins! Unless one or the other doesn't run on my PC, in which case fuck

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Even outside of a graphical standpoint(again, never played DA), I'm sure Witcher II'll have a great story going for it.

Also, another one:
    ME0001367801_2.jpg

Have I posted this here?

I'll do so again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i7g7xeLGi0

And some other awesome music I found by association:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp6HjzIYfm4

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yeah i dont give a shit about graphics as long as they do what they need to, but the first witcher was good enough in everything else that id be surprised if they fucked it up

L|ama on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    in terms of which looks better, what I'd like to know is which one looks better at lowest settings. My compy's a little old by now. about 3+ years and counting, round there.

low settings is what I'm likely to use.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, true enough

Speaking of which I need to dig out out the Enhanced Edition patches and go through the whole thing in the run up to the next one

I should maybe see what mods I can find to make me feel like finishing DA again too, already done way too many stalled playthroughs

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    well, there's the console command to become a highlevel whatever class.

also the one that apparently turns you into a whatever level wardog

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    My computer's six years old and it ran The Witcher on medium settings. I did upgrade the video card, mind.

Uh, Bloodlines was still in stores when I bought it. Maybe it's older.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My only problems with the Witcher were localization-related. Some of the translations in the dialog were just... off a little, so either the intended humor came off awkward, or you weren't really sure when someone was speaking in metaphor.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    More still:
    ME0001241205_2.jpg

ME0001241204_2.jpg

ME0001241206_2.jpg

ME0001261225_2.jpg

ME0001241209_2.jpg

ME0001241208_2.jpg

ME0001261235_2.jpg

ME0001261231_2.jpg

ME0001261228_2.jpg

I might have to upgrade again to get it looking even close to that good.

I never played the infamous original version, but the dub in the EE was great, especially Geralt's voice.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I need to finish this.
    I think I was on the second to last chapter, with some fish people and crazy dead ladies in fields.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, that's pretty close to the end. Once you leave there, it's endgame.

That area does suck, though.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    a fucking ponytail

i still hate the fact that they changed the faces for no reason

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I hated it at first, but it's growing on me. He does look a little tamed, though.

I guess settling with Triss would do that to a guy.
    No seriously, she becomes the most possessive person ever if you side with her instead of whatsherface.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I never played the infamous original version, but the dub in the EE was great, especially Geralt's voice.

Yeah, it wasn't the voice acting that I had a problem with, it was just the actual script. Some of the humor or gravity of some situations just fell flat for me because the actual dialog was stilted from the translation.

Most times I understood what they were going for, but it was like "I recognize that was supposed to be a joke" rather than "Oh shit, that was funny, Dandelion!"

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Witcher 2 just keeps looking better and better. Eastern Europe is getting huge in the video game industry these days, and between this and STALKER it's hard to go wrong.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Geraldo of Riviera. Donahue's worst nightmare. Misogynist extreme.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I loved the first game. I would love to say that I cannot wait for the second, but to get the first game I had to wait until the special non buggy edition. Same with STALKER, so give it a year after it comes out.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man, did you take an a picture from DA's beta footage and compare it to a finished game? For SHAME.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dubh wrote: »
    Man, did you take an a picture from DA's beta footage and compare it to a finished game? For SHAME.

You stole my post.

A tiny pic as well. Plus DA needs to run on those weakass consoles.

The devs did say this:
    Console fanboys rejoice, action RPG The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is almost certain to make the move to PS3 and Xbox 360 after its PC debut in May. “It will be possible to do it on current gen consoles. It’s not a co-incidence because we have thought about it. It is a multi-platform engine.” Tomasz Gop, Senior Producer at developer CD Projekt Red told Made2Game today.

According to Gop the Polish developers have been testing the game on consoles. “We took small parts of the game, ported small parts of it onto current gen titles and we know it’s possible.”

Yeah, I'll believe that shit when I see it. Never going to be at the level of those shots, though.

But damn does it look good. My computer is going to hate it, but I know I will love it.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well, Witcher 2 isn't finished either. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Different stages of completion. The older DAII footage looked like total ass, but the current images are pretty. Certainly not as pretty as those Witcher Two shots, but why the fuck are we even comparing the two? Totally different games. You bugbear.

This is my angry face. :evil:

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I hope it's successful, but you shouldn't dip from the well of Formerly Cliffy B when talking about it.

Although he may just be way hyped for it and the interviewer decided to get more page views by asking for comparisons between that and Dragon Age.

I know I would be laughing if I was with Bioware.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hey, CD Projekt fired the shots, I'm just helping their case. :P
    I didn't even find those images, it was a repost

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    975399_20110218_screen007.jpg

Some people are posting hands-on impressions, very glowing ones.

There's more than one way to handle a succubus.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    strange feeling my PC is going to cry a lot because of this game

Brolo on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Why do people feel the need to compare this to Dragon Age? Both are going to come out, be good, and make lots of money.

They don't even have similar gameplay.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well, they're both dark fantasy, and...

Uh...

The main character has a sword!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Well, they're both dark fantasy, and...

Uh...

The main character has a sword!

But you can have a staff or bow in DA2.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
This discussion has been closed.