As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Champions Online - Men in Tights (and Furries, Oh God the Furries)

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    If it says costume unlock, then it does.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Threw around the idea of making an Imperial Guardsman. I think it can be done better.

screenshot_2009-09-20-09-35-19-1.jpg

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Guardsmen wear the equivalent of flack vests.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    wrrryyYYyyYy

wry1.jpg

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If there's something scary in front, put something scarier in back.

screenshot_2009-09-20-13-05-07.jpg
    screenshot_2009-09-20-13-05-17.jpg
    screenshot_2009-09-20-13-05-20.jpg

and by scarier, I, of course, mean mediocre.

munitions. Might make him munitions/single blade, if I can find a chainsword-y unlock.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    screenshot_2009-09-20-10-17-15.jpg

Second try. This is slightly hard/annoying.

That Comissar needs more orange.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    For when your Baneblades be all broken down

archimedes.jpg

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    A PA 40k super group would make my penis come alive with the erections.

Accualt on
  • Options
    cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My Joe is 16, we need some group Joe action this week.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Accualt wrote: »
    A PA 40k super group would make my penis come alive with the erections.

If a PA 40K super group did form I would be so down with joining it

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, I'd totally be on board for a PA 40k group.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, they desperately need more quests between 30-40. I'm lvl 31 and out of quests to get to 32.

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Pulled out my Archery character, hit 14, thought about picking up Quarry as I'd been having endurance problems, until I read the description.

It says that it doesn't work with the energy builder, nor does it work with AoE powers. I have the AoE advantage for Sonic Arrow, as well as the targeted AoE rain of arrows style power, the name escapes me. The only single target attack I have is Taser Arrow. So am I right in thinking that Quarry's not going to be a whole lot of use? Does Archery even HAVE a single-target attack that doesn't require charging? If so, it doesn't look like Quarry's worth it.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I have one thing to say about a PA 40k SG.

CO_proppaorky.png

WAAAAAGH!

Bitstream on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, they desperately need more quests between 30-40. I'm lvl 31 and out of quests to get to 32.

Have you done every single mission up to that point? In all zones? If not, go back and do them.

It's also entirely possible that you've done everything and are still stuck; as I'm facing a similar gap at 29 (unless I want to go to MI underleveled).

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Have you done every single mission up to that point? In all zones? If not, go back and do them.

It's also entirely possible that you've done everything and are still stuck; as I'm facing a similar gap at 29 (unless I want to go to MI underleveled).

There is nothing left on my crime computer. I think I have missed quests, as I have some perks that aren't done because quests haven't been completed. But I don't know how to find them.

Death Cab For Albie on
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

There is nothing left on my crime computer. I think I have missed quests, as I have some perks that aren't done because quests haven't been completed. But I don't know how to find them.

This is a problem with the crime computer. It really needs to show all the contacts that have missions for you, regardless of whether or not they're 12 levels obsolete. This should include contacts that currently don't show up at all in the CC.

Try going to Canada and talking to all the NPCs in the starting area. You'll get any quests you missed, and they'll have introduction quests for you to meet others.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

I'm in the same boat. I started just wandering around Monster Island and the edges of Canada, and occasionally I'd find a location quest.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I got to that point too, emptied my crime computer out and everything, zipped through Canuckistan and the desert to see what I'd missed, and I ended up finally having to grind the Monster Island public quest to get to 32. Even at 33 I am having to do 3+ missions since that's all that's available to me.

On a side note: whoever designed the end boss for the Lemurian Crisis is a sadist.
    There's an environmental effect that fills you with endurance over time. Sounds great, right? Only when your endurance bar is all the way full, you start taking like 100 damage every second. So, the solution would be to just keep spamming attacks to keep your END down, right? Well, guess what, the boss can hold you, and it's pretty much impossible to break the hold before your END fills up again. Plus, if your character is made for END efficiency, that works against you here.

In my case I am pretty much totally fucked, because I am a Munitions character with Killer Instinct. Since Killer Instinct isn't slotted I don't think I can turn it off, and since my main attacks are both with automatic weapons and my high DEX usually gives me a wall of crits when I fire them... yeah.

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Somebody in the chat channel suggested that you can do infinitely-and-instantly repeatable missions by rescuing the vacationers in NE canada. I've tried it, and it's true. They give full xp (missions seem to vary 28-30), and you can grab another one just as soon as you've finished the last.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • Options
    NimoyNimoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was just zoning out of one of the mini lair quests and the loading bar froze up on me but the game was still running fine. I walked away from the computer got a drink came back still frozen. Sat there waited some more still frozen. After 10 minutes or so I just alt f4'ed and now I can't log back in at all.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I'm probably just going to have to wait it out.

Nimoy on
  • Options
    pantsypantsy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I haven't heard anyone talking about Single Blade. Is it that bad?

pantsy on
  • Options
    MimasMimas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah looks like another Sunday outage. Forums are barely loading too. I think last weekend it was back up pretty fast.

Mimas on
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone else having login issues? My game keeps hanging on "Retrieving List of Characters..."

It's probably telling me that I have too many, but still.

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nimoy wrote: »
    I was just zoning out of one of the mini lair quests and the loading bar froze up on me but the game was still running fine. I walked away from the computer got a drink came back still frozen. Sat there waited some more still frozen. After 10 minutes or so I just alt f4'ed and now I can't log back in at all.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I'm probably just going to have to wait it out.

I just had this exact same problem. I can get in until the "Retrieving list of characters..." thing comes up, and that's where it stops.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    KylogueKylogue Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nimoy wrote: »

I just had this exact same problem. I can get in until the "Retrieving list of characters..." thing comes up, and that's where it stops.

I was just about to come to the forums to bitch about this.

Kylogue on
    360 GT: Ixtil
    PSN: Kylogue
  • Options
    pantsypantsy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Same prob here.

pantsy on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Uh so, I entered some mine in the Desert and I got stuck on the loading screen, so I ended the process.

Now I'm stuck on Retrieving List of Characters.

Wha-happened? And how do I fix it?

Edit: Oh, you guys are already bitching about it. Glad it's not just me then. Which just leaves one option.

FixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixItFixIt

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I'm stuck too. But at least now I have more time to fret about a passive for Lumber Jack.

For a meleer with heals (int/pre), regen or defiance or something I'm overlooking?

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    pantsy wrote: »
    probably. but the point of the melee classes (not might) are they they all go together and you should get skills from all of them. or something.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    pantsy wrote: »

It's not so much that it's bad, it's just dual blades is so much better. It's pretty rare you fight a single enemy and Dual Blades has pretty much the same type of abilities only they're AOE.

Really it's a problem with several powersets. Kinetics for example is pretty much all single target damage and its AOE attacks all have fairly lengthy cooldowns (and they're really not that good to require a cd). At least an option to make some attacks AOE in the upgrades would be nice.

Honestly the kinetics as a whole needs to be looked at. Like half of my upgrade options are "gives you Ego Form" but that kind of blows if you took the Ego Form passive. Oh and my one close AOE attack that has a CD of 6 seconds has an upgrade of "roots the enemy for 1 second", oh ok thanks.

Though the Ego Annihilation upgrade is pretty sweet.

Invisible on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    My current char is a single/dual blade mix, but mostly for concept. Single blade is great as long as you don't restrict yourself just to single blade attacks. For instance, I use dual blade's energy builder because its much better, and I use chainsaw for my AoE attack. The really nice thing about single blade is all the moves are clicks rather than charges, allowing you to keep mobile at no cost.

Tag on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    And here I just finished installing my new power supply and video card.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I am a lvl 31 single blade and i'm pretty much strictly in the single blade framework with my skills. I don't have much problem soloing (I can kill groups of mobs 3+ levels higher than me), but I'm worthless in PVP.

Death Cab For Albie on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I am a lvl 31 single blade and i'm pretty much strictly in the single blade framework with my skills. I don't have much problem soloing (I can kill groups of mobs 3+ levels higher than me), but I'm worthless in PVP.

Swallowtail cut? Seems like that would be brutal unless players now count as master villains? (The execute looks nice too but I would expect that not to work in PvP).

Tag on
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Can anyone recommend a ranged AoE power to take with Sorcery? I took Skarn's Bane, which does decent damage provided the targets are preoccupied, but I need a little more oomph.

I'm looking at Fireball, Condemn, Lightning Strike, or Ebon Rift. Any suggestions/comparisons among these?

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, in yet another example of my raging alt-itis, I blatantly ripped off...er...um...was inspired by a costume design I saw in the Something Awful CO thread to make my first Power Armor character:
    Darwin's Revenge:
    DarwinsRevenge.jpg

Character concept: A little super-intelligent hyper-evolved frog designs a giant robot suit so he can blow shit up. And have opposable thumbs.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, Cryptic crashed the servers because they knew I was upgrading and they don't want me to play this game.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Server outage is being worked on, according to this dev post on the forums:
    Hey guys!

I am doing my best to put the word out through the website and launcher, as you noticed they are all affected by the issues we are having right now.

Your valiant Techies have initiated a full server restart roughly 15 Minutes ago. We estimate (with checking for problems after we're restarted and such) to be back within the next 60-90 minutes.

I'm very sorry about this, we're working hard right now to make sure you can get back on as soon as possible!

So yeah, time to find something to do for the next hour or so.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »
    So, in yet another example of my raging alt-itis, I blatantly ripped off...er...um...was inspired by a costume design I saw in the Something Awful CO thread to make my first Power Armor character:
    Darwin's Revenge:
    DarwinsRevenge.jpg

Character concept: A little super-intelligent hyper-evolved frog designs a giant robot suit so he can blow shit up. And have opposable thumbs.

That is pretty great.

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
This discussion has been closed.