Options

Champions Online - Men in Tights (and Furries, Oh God the Furries)

• Options
    MimasMimas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also, one thing to keep in mind is Mini Mines is really strong on live, but from what I hear on test it has been reduced as much as 80%. I havent personally tested that, but you may not want to rush to take the mines right now.

Mimas on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mimas wrote: »
    Also, one thing to keep in mind is Mini Mines is really strong on live, but from what I hear on test it has been reduced as much as 80%. I havent personally tested that, but you may not want to rush to take the mines right now.

kinda why I never took it to start with since beta. I knew it was seriously overpowered, so why rely too much on a skill that was guaranteed to get nerfed into an unknown state?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    every block gives energy unless you're in offensive stance. :| so force shield is only good if you're tapping it for a linger

ebon void only lingers if you took the adv and was attacked while blocking. But this linger can stack with your block for even more defense if you're on a constant block. TK's linger turn on just by turning off block, so you can block/unblock every 5 seconds for a constant linger of higher defense.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The other big problem of my character is the max of energy passively gained. The little orange thing is at about 33% on my bar. I have like 150 energy total, but I only passively gain to 50. Is Recovery the stat that moves the little orange marker?
    Use your energy builder to get above the 33%. You don't need rec. Rec = more orange thingy = more energy when out of a fight/start of a fight. As soon as you use up that energy on a move or two? You're in the same position as someone with 0 recovery.

So you gotta ask yourself if having those one or two pre-emtive strikes really worth the effort of having a lot of recovery?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wren wrote: »
    Mimas wrote: »

kinda why I never took it to start with since beta. I knew it was seriously overpowered, so why rely too much on a skill that was guaranteed to get nerfed into an unknown state?
    Akinos said it was doing 4x more dmg than intended.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    every block gives energy unless you're in offensive stance. :| so force shield is only good if you're tapping it for a linger

ebon void only lingers if you took the adv and was attacked while blocking. But this linger can stack with your block for even more defense if you're on a constant block. TK's linger turn on just by turning off block, so you can block/unblock every 5 seconds for a constant linger of higher defense.

I don't remember seeing that in the description of any of them except Force Shield which gives you Absorption, which turns incoming damage into energy. If they all give you absorption it should list that. I've not taken the others for the reason they don't tell you they give energy. DAMNIT!

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    MimasMimas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think Force Shield gives twice the energy returned compared to other shields.

Mimas on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dr. Face wrote: »

I don't remember seeing that in the description of any of them except Force Shield which gives you Absorption, which turns incoming damage into energy. If they all give you absorption it should list that. I've not taken the others for the reason they don't tell you they give energy. DAMNIT!
    They don't list it because it's an inherent trait of blocking.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The other big problem of my character is the max of energy passively gained. The little orange thing is at about 33% on my bar. I have like 150 energy total, but I only passively gain to 50. Is Recovery the stat that moves the little orange marker?
    Use your energy builder to get above the 33%. You don't need rec. Rec = more orange thingy = more energy when out of a fight/start of a fight. As soon as you use up that energy on a move or two? You're in the same position as someone with 0 recovery.

So you gotta ask yourself if having those one or two pre-emtive strikes really worth the effort of having a lot of recovery?

I would say that the answer to that completely depends on your powerset and which (if any) defensive passives you have taken.

If I didn't have Regen on my fire guy I would take more rec (I am already super-statted for it, and I chose the Con+Rec innate at creation). But I only am doing this cause I wanna pick up Fiery Form for my Offensive Build.

Are there any perks that give you fiery form?

Shoot i mean advantages

Arch on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    oh and regen scales off recovery. i guess that's important

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Why is it listed for Force Shield then?

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Force Shield's linger is like 9-10 seconds. I actually counted one day.
    fml

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Wait.

Now there's stances too?

Fuck there's so much shit I don't know about this game.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Because Force Shield's Absorption doesn't require a specific stance (every other block requires you to be in Defender or Protecter to get energy) and I think it lingers after you block, whether you have Force Sheathe or not.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also force shield gives more energy for blocking, I believe.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yeah i'm sure F shield's energy gain stacks with the natural. so maybe you have to block one or two things, while i have to block for about 10 things

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Foefaller wrote: »

Because Force Shield's Absorption doesn't require a specific stance (every other block requires you to be in Defender or Protecter to get energy) and I think it lingers after you block, whether you have Force Sheathe or not.

Ok, that makes sense since I never use anything but Balanced and never noticed blocking to give Energy except Force Shield. Well, then I don't feel bad about using it on almost ever character.

Dr. Face on
  • Options
    UnderHero5UnderHero5 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just bought the game on Steam, and it's finishing downloading right now. I'll be joining up with you guys some time today, hopefully.

My PC is quite aged, so I'm hoping it's playable, heh.

UnderHero5 on
    -=Evildoers Beware=-
    XBL: UnderHero5
    Steam/PSN: UnderHero5
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    (every other block requires you to be in Defender or Protecter to get energy)
    Ok, that makes sense since I never use anything but Balanced and never noticed blocking to give Energy except Force Shield. Well, then I don't feel bad about using it on almost ever character.
    (Protector is the new term for Balanced)

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009

The difference between the energy gained with Force Shield and everything else must be substantial then because with others I didn't even notice it was happening.

Dr. Face on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

The difference between the energy gained with Force Shield and everything else must be substantial then because with others I didn't even notice it was happening.

You really don't with regular blocking unless your blocking a charge-up or something else that does a lot of damage.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    So you wanna be a pvp superstar like eatmosushi?

you want to kill their mans?

<Kanye West> Now I'm gonna let you finish, but, Eatmosushi is the best PVP'er ever. Period.

Thanks, Kanye.

Like I was saying, follow my simple instructions for happy win time.

1. tiger's leap (1 blade skill) - advantage, remove travel powers. Even better against flyers so they take fall dmg.
    2. haymaker - heal debuff, advantage to remove heal over times (screw u, regen)
    3. tiger's leap again
    4. whatever dps skill you took (maxed reapers carress works fine)
    5. tiger's leap again
    6. haymaker should just about end them

repeat this add nauseum, make sure to keep their travel skills stripped, and you win.

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    throw in throw shuriken with the block killer advantage and hey why not the pull towards you advantage

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    How you really win at PvP:

Lingering Block > Dig > wait until opponents get bored and quit :P

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Tag wrote: »

A whole team of diggers who never come out. Can you win by forfeit of the opposition all quit?

Dr. Face on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

A whole team of diggers who never come out. Can you win by forfeit of the opposition all quit?

Yes! a whole team of moles where we just pop in and out avoiding the other team.

Tag on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Yes! a whole team of moles where we just pop in and out avoiding the other team.

Whack-a-mole, champions style!

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    throw in throw shuriken with the block killer advantage and hey why not the pull towards you advantage

because i love you.

yeah, i'm actually gonna pick that up, but i'm worried about dealing enough damage after all of this disabling

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    so i'm thinking LR with circle of primal domination might be good

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »

because i love you.

yeah, i'm actually gonna pick that up, but i'm worried about dealing enough damage after all of this disabling

Unless you are dueling, DPS can be what your teammates do.

Dr. Face on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I realllllllly want to make a cloud of flies build but I can't figure out how to survive with it on, or how to deal damage with it. need a long range low costing power.

What ever happened to eye beams? Did they finally get nerfed? How are they now? If they're still a really low eng cost I might go with that.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I realllllllly want to make a cloud of flies build but I can't figure out how to survive with it on, or how to deal damage with it. need a long range low costing power.

What ever happened to eye beams? Did they finally get nerfed? How are they now? If they're still a really low eng cost I might go with that.

Wait isn't cloud of flies PBAoE? Then you want to be right up next to your opponent. I would actually go for an all out offensive melee build, especially if nullifying punch stacks with it. Maybe grab the kin energy builder and advantage to follow up with some delicious EBBs. Add in a swallowtail cut and you're golden.

If you want to be ultimate cheese, use active defenses to do this while basically invulnerable, then dig and wait out the cooldown.

Tag on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    PBAoE AND affects your primary target. Hm, ok I got it. Force Bubble+ mindful re w/ adv on the tank so I get eng, then eye beams from a billion ft away.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    PBAoE AND affects your primary target. Hm, ok I got it. Force Bubble+ mindful re w/ adv on the tank so I get eng, then eye beams from a billion ft away.

Seems like that would draw a lot of attention to you, why not just use AR+KI (and also contribute real damage)

Or spam power gauntlet w/ crippling challenge and downrange disaster to constantly interrupt them, break shields, and do passable damage ;)

Tag on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I have an idea with this + Sonic Device. Kill block, pull towards you, AND Stun all in 1 package!

However, the character I have planned that would use this is in character creation hell untill I can figure out which type(s) of MA I want to use.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Seems like that would draw a lot of attention to you, why not just use AR+KI (and also contribute real damage)

Or spam power gauntlet w/ crippling challenge and downrange disaster to constantly interrupt them, break shields, and do passable damage ;)
    depends on build if I wanted to try ar+ki.

crippling challenge is 9/10 times guaruntee that the mob will attack you no matter what until it hits you once. then it goes back to it's normal aggro table

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    wha? mobs?

the last time i killed a mob was lvl 5 :/

i refuse to believe that this game even has pve.

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    WasabiBombWasabiBomb Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Whack-a-mole, champions style!

Make all members of the team look exactly the same, and give them the same name. 'Twould be frickin' hi-larious.

WasabiBomb on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

depends on build if I wanted to try ar+ki.

crippling challenge is 9/10 times guaruntee that the mob will attack you no matter what until it hits you once. then it goes back to it's normal aggro table

Oh, wait, flies for PvE? I was assuming PvP. Do enough things even heal to make it worth while at the end? Because I haven't encountered only a handful of darkness jerks.

Tag on
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think I've finally found a vehicle for playing with Might.

http://champions-online.com/character_profiles/1054478

Bitstream on
This discussion has been closed.