As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SW:TOR] Sarlacc announced as latest playable race!

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bioware has more of a reputation for good games than...whoever did Warhammer. Very Blizzardesque in their (we'll release a game when it's good and fucking ready) mentality which people tend to trust in the long run.

Also Warhammer didn't really make many strides not to be like WoW. Yeah there's more of an emphasis on PvP, but other than that, not much. TOR seems to want to do things very differently, which is bound to draw people looking for something that's actually new

Javen on
  • grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Finally got signed up. At first it wouldn't let me log in to my newsletter account. The site was so slammed that I couldn't even try to reset my password. Once that got sorted, it took about twenty times for it to save all the info. Having to install Java to run the system scan was annoying, but I guess it is too easy to fake Dxdiags.

Good luck everyone. I hope I get in, but I think I've already used up all my MMO beta luck getting into the EQ, DAoC, WoW, and WAR betas.

grrarg on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Well, that was odd. I started getting some weird code errors in the contact info form (after I'd been sent back several times), so I tried to start the whole process again. Lo and behold, I'm already signed up. Guess one of those attempts worked and I was never told. Yay :P.

exis on
  • grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow. I just checked my email. Their system sent about 15 "Your account information has been updated" messages from all my failed signup attempts.

grrarg on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Login failed login failed login failed login failed...

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am going to wait until the site is not being hammered by millions of desperate Star Wars nerds

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    It works now. Sign up for you account but when you get to the beta part click the supply later button. Then you should get an e-mail that will allow you to authenticate your account and then you can log in and sign up for the beta.

tofu on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Still stuck in a loop for me.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    At which point is it stuck in a loop? Keeps asking you to agree to terms of service? It seems like it forgets that you agreed to it in all of 30 seconds, so you just have to enter the info fast as hell.

Mandalorian Rooster on
    edited September 2009
    All I have to do is type the first letter and I can auto complete every field. It keeps dropping me right beck into it.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I assume it's not available for Europeans? I know it says "for North American users only" beneath the newsletter options, but not under the actual beta option. I assume this is the case?

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
    edited September 2009
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I assume it's not available for Europeans? I know it says "for North American users only" beneath the newsletter options, but not under the actual beta option. I assume this is the case?

I didn't notice anything saying it was restricted to the US. And on the contact information form there's a whole list of countries to select from. I signed up (I'm in New Zealand) and was never told it wasn't available for my region.

exis on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am also stuck in said loop.

Also, I am on my work computer. Not my home rig.

Luckily, my work computer is almost as much of a beast as my home computer is. (Being friends with the IT department is nice when it comes to upgrades for your office computer.)

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm also stuck in a loop

it's like they're taunting me

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    edited September 2009
    OH SHIT!

The loop isn't really a loop.

If you go back to your account page it has "complete" on all the sign-up boxes.

kotor.jpg

MagicPrime on
    edited September 2009
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    OH SHIT!

The loop isn't really a loop.

If you go back to your account page it has "complete" on all the sign-up boxes.

snip

Yeah, same thing happened to me, though I went back because the form appeared to break.

Also, just noticed my 22 new emails from SWTOR.com :P

exis on
  • NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    48 mails here :P.

But eventually it will stop saying "become a tester" and change to "update info". Just have to keep at it and be prepared to recieve a ton of e-mails.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I can't log in to their site in the first place.

Sadness.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • BuffalanoidBuffalanoid Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yes!

It took only 14 emails :P

The secret is to...
    click fast

Buffalanoid on
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sigh I guess I'll have to wait until I go home to sign up.

I can't do the scan on this (my work) computer.

Melkster on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I didn't get any emails from any of my loops

I also can't log in at all

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Zzulu wrote: »

I had a wierd problem this morning where I tried to long in and it tried to make me re-register my account.

I just closed my web browser, opened it again, went back to the site, and it was fixed. Might try that.

EDIT: you can also to the beta signup from your account page, which seems to get rid of a lot of the refreshing/circling problems of doing it through the link they give you.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I just tried it again and it randomly worked

whee

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I could only log in through the Beta sign up page, the login thing in the top right corner didn't work at all.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I just tried it again and it randomly worked

whee

Awesome. It has not worked for me yet.

Doctorstrongbad on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I hope Bioware appreciates the fervor with which people are crashing their web server.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • KivutarKivutar Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Gone through the loop like 16 times now with 4 different browsers, all to no avail.

Maybe I'll try back later.

Kivutar on
    edited September 2009
    They underestimated the fanboys.

When will people learn?

MagicPrime on
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Noooo, it's not working for me! Dunno how many tries this is now.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I never get selected for beta tests. Ever. This one didnt have like an interview though. You know, the part where it asks you how many games you have beta tested? It's probably not a useful question anymore, since so many companies use "beta" testing as an incentive to drive pre-order sales / CE sales.

bejeavis on
  • PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yay. Got it to work.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You've all activated your accounts, correct?

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
    edited September 2009
    I've had my bioware/tor account for a while. I post on their forums very very seldom.

MagicPrime on
  • bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I created my account the day the site went up. I followed the forums and posted a few times for the first week or so. Most of the discussion then de-evolved into SWG discussion, people condemning eachother for even suggesting that TOR will have anything in common with SWG, and a steady stream of crap like WUT R U GONA NAME UR SITH / WHAT CLASS R U threads. Yeah, how about no.

If they base beta candidacy on forum activity or something like that, I will be disappointed.

bejeavis on
  • TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    bejeavis wrote: »
    I created my account the day the site went up. I followed the forums and posted a few times for the first week or so. Most of the discussion then de-evolved into SWG discussion, people condemning eachother for even suggesting that TOR will have anything in common with SWG, and a steady stream of crap like WUT R U GONA NAME UR SITH / WHAT CLASS R U threads. Yeah, how about no.

If they base beta candidacy on forum activity or something like that, I will be disappointed.

i have a feeling theyre smart enough to base it on forum activity that isnt their forum

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »

i have a feeling theyre smart enough to base it on forum activity that isnt their forum

Considering the only thing it asked for is contact info and specs, it will probably be mostly random.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2009
    Foefaller wrote: »
    TK-42-1 wrote: »

Considering the only thing it asked for is contact info and specs, it will probably be mostly random.

Yeah. I imagine that if they were planning on putting some sort of arbitrary restriction on who could apply, they would have sent invites out only to people who had signed up to the newsletter etc. Otherwise what's the point of having their web server hammered for days?

exis on
  • langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Though it was excruciating, I finally completed the beta sign up process. Ugh.

langfor6 on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    langfor6 wrote: »

Excruciating? Wasn't it just fill out info and let it do the scan? Was there some part I missed cause I just had to put some info in and let it scan.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
    edited October 2009
    langfor6 wrote: »

Excruciating? Wasn't it just fill out info and let it do the scan? Was there some part I missed cause I just had to put some info in and let it scan.

Yes, you missed the part where it wouldn't complete and people have to do it over and over and over and over and over (etc).

Just_Bri_Thanks on
This discussion has been closed.