As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Trading Cards - Meetup After Closing Ceremonies At PAX

• Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ploogle wrote: »
    How much will the 100 2.5x3.5" prints from Jakprints (as per specs in the OP) cost me? (Before shipping.)

I scanned the last few pages and didn't see anything about the price. The order form on Jakprints isn't telling me the price for my custom order.

$20 if you opt for the $10 copyright discount(barely even notice it) and $5 for the PAX discount. 4 day turn around...you could maybe get your order in today and have them shipped to someone in Boston or your hotel.

Rdr on
  • Options
    ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Cutting it down to the last minute.

ikelewis on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I bought a see through badge holder today. It came in a pack of 12.

So I have 11 to give away. I'll have them on me at the Pre-Pax Dinner and Pokecrawl.

Rdr on
  • Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rdr wrote: »

So I have 11 to give away. I'll have them on me at the Pre-Pax Dinner and Pokecrawl.

I'll buy you a drink if you give me one. I looked at a few stores & couldn't find any. :mrgreen:

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    oh yeah that reminds me I've 2 or 3 extra I'm brining as well.

ikelewis on
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    ikelewis, can I claim one of your extras? Is there a place we could meet Thursday?

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Joedel263Joedel263 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Got my cards today! ordered 250 (I wanted extras for myself..) got 507. (though I'm kindof upset that I forgot to correct the drunkenness typo.. but I don't think anyone has..)

Joedel263 on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Vaulter85 wrote: »

I'll buy you a drink if you give me one. I looked at a few stores & couldn't find any. :mrgreen:

haha you can just have one. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Vaulter85 wrote: »

haha you can just have one. :)

:mrgreen:

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    itzerokewl wrote: »
    ikelewis, can I claim one of your extras? Is there a place we could meet Thursday?

I'm going to be doing set up all day but I'll have a few free minutes here and there... I'll pm you my phone number you can TXT or call me.

ikelewis on
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well, got my cards, and they are AMAZING! Thanks, Dave!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    MoonVydeoMoonVydeo Lord Moon Enforcer at Large Istanbul (Not Constantinople)Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Well hell.

After reading about some getting more than they ordered I counted my cards.

Ordered 250, received 256. :(

MoonVydeo on
  • Options
    JonnyBrokenBonesJonnyBrokenBones Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I opted for getting my cards printed locally since I didn't want to worry about receiving them at my hotel, but I inquired at Jakprints.com (if that's the same jakprints all these cards have been getting printed at) and they claimed to not know about PAXEast or about any kind of discount.

I suppose email wasn't the best way to contact them, but it was a Sunday. Maybe I got a n3wb rep.

JonnyBrokenBones on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So I have 4 extra clipable card holders if anyone wants one... I will be doing set up at the Hynes Thursday and at the Pokemon Pub crawl Thursday night. Feel free to email me ikelewis(at)gmail.com or tweet me @ikelewis if you want one.

ikelewis on
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Checklist Let me know if it needs to be modified at all.

Final Count: 54 Card Sharks!

I can't wait to meet everyone!

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    JonnyBrokenBonesJonnyBrokenBones Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I was just going to ask how many people were participating since I only ordered 100 cards. I began to worry I got too few.

Also, on an awesome note, I arrived at work today to find my printed cards neatly wrapped and sitting on my desk. I have no idea what time between 6pm and 8am the printer showed up, but that's awesome service.

JonnyBrokenBones on
  • Options
    DreadPirateAmyDreadPirateAmy Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wanted to be able to pin my card onto my bag, so I glued a pin back on one of those hard plastic card holders.
    PAXCardHolder.jpg

I can make a few extras if anyone else wants one. I won't be in town on Thursday, but I should be in early on Friday.

DreadPirateAmy on
  • Options
    ploogleploogle Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    How much will the 100 2.5x3.5" prints from Jakprints (as per specs in the OP) cost me? (Before shipping.)

I scanned the last few pages and didn't see anything about the price. The order form on Jakprints isn't telling me the price for my custom order.

$20 if you opt for the $10 copyright discount(barely even notice it) and $5 for the PAX discount. 4 day turn around...you could maybe get your order in today and have them shipped to someone in Boston or your hotel.

There's a PAX discount?

And I'm not going to East, I'm interested in this for Prime.

ploogle on
    If you can't handle me at my Worcestershire, you don't deserve me at my Bestershire.
  • Options
    dardordardor Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I just looked over the schedule today. Looks like I will be on the second floor most of my time at PAX. You'll most likely find me in the Tabletop area. Card collectors, go!

dardor on
    I'll take a potato chip and eat it!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There's a PAX discount?

And I'm not going to East, I'm interested in this for Prime.

For prime we do buttons.

ikelewis on
  • Options
    Rex BeaversRex Beavers Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm interested in this, but as I'm a latecomer I have intentions on printing them myself. I choose #53 (from the checklist, looks like its available).

Rex Beavers on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm not sure if anyone's going to check this since the show's almost here (::squee::), but I had a quick question, (I sent it out on twitter also). Did anyone bring an extra binder for Gabe and Tycho, and, if so, where will it be?

DreadPirateAmy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    DreadPirateAmy, ikelewis actually has the binder and he said he would put it up at BYOC for people to put their cards in. He showed it to me when we met this afternoon and it look freaking awesome!

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Bigtoy_JBigtoy_J Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I got my card in the binder yesterday. Met a number of the traders at the BYOC signup location.

I am sorry I missed the Friday 6pm meeting. Got waylayed. As I understand it some Card Traders met last night at the rotunda area near the escelators. I will be there tonight 6pm with cards in hand.

Jay

Bigtoy_J on
    Love George Bernard Shaw quotations.

Also, I can count to "boat".
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Bigtoy_J wrote: »
    I got my card in the binder yesterday. Met a number of the traders at the BYOC signup location.

I am sorry I missed the Friday 6pm meeting. Got waylayed. As I understand it some Card Traders met last night at the rotunda area near the escelators. I will be there tonight 6pm with cards in hand.

Jay

I sadly can't make it to that, so if yous guys could send the #carsharks up to BYOC to say hi and drop me some cards.

ikelewis on
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Sorry I've been away from the forums, we will be meeting up again on Saturday AND Sunday in the rotunda into the hynnes. I should be able to grab cards for the binder and ike.

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    Joedel263Joedel263 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I didn't make tonight (was guarding bandland) but will make every effort to be there tomorrow.

I'll be running all day tomorrow enforcing, feel free to stop me if we haven't traded!

Joedel263 on
  • Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The BYOC is my home base, so anyone who needs my card can check for me up there. It's usually not too busy, so I don't know if the enforcers would be willing to holler at me or not.

I'm in the middle of a row, about 4 rows from the back. I leave a pile of cards on top of a little Antec cube case.

macrogeek on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Where are we doing this?

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    EkkosangenEkkosangen Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I couldn't find anyone. D:

I was standing/sitting outside the center after the closing ceremony and didn't really recognize anyone nor did I see people with cards.

Are we still meeting?

Edit: I think everyone missed each other because the closing ceremony ran a half hour late. If anyone wants to drop their cards off with me, I'm in room 1103 (11th floor) of the Sheraton, just come and knock! I might not have my card with me (I haven't been at the meetups due to various reasons and didn't know how else to pick them up from tehnakki), but I'll appreciate the gesture!

I'ma go sit in front of the Hynes for a while, longing for PAX to go on one more day...

Ekkosangen on
    eG6Oz.jpg
    <+Arco> You can totally bone with a baby in there. If you bump up against something, just apologize to the little dude and adjust.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wound up having to leave early, so I only got a few cards. If anyone who didn't get mine wants to swap for the price of a stamp, PM me or check me out on twitter and we'll work something out.

DreadPirateAmy on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thanks to everyone for making the first year of the PAX East Card Sharks amazing. We will be working on getting G

ikelewis on
  • Options
    dardordardor Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Dave told me yesterday that since he has about 15 people's cards (including mine...he also has the ones that I collected...) he will be doing a sort of "which cards are you missing?" on the forums and probably snail mailing them out to people.

dardor on
    I'll take a potato chip and eat it!
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I totally missed the meetup for this - I think I only got a few cards throughout the course of the weekend. Anyone who needs one, feel free to PM me and we can make appropriate arrangements . . .

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    SrolSrol Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Even though I ended having way more than I needed, the cards were a really good icebreaker when meeting new people. I've gotten half a dozen Twitter followers from it already. I'm definitely following the lead of some other people and putting a QR code on mine next year.

Srol on
  • Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This was totally worth it. Especially considering the CPU that Dave was able to win/donate back to Child's Play. It's cool that a silly game like the card game could end up actually helping out a bunch of sick kids.

macrogeek on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It was an awesome time and the meetup Saturday was great! Would like to get the cards that I'm missing, I have a great idea on how to display them (never fear, will post pictures once I get it done)

itzerokewl on
    signature.png
  • Options
    SrolSrol Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Here are the cards I got, arrayed in splendor.
    cardhaul.jpg

Srol on
  • Options
    Bigtoy_JBigtoy_J Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I did not get to go to the final PA Panel. Dave, were you able to give the Trading Card binder to Mike and Jerry?

I have to say it was a great pleasure meeting all of you. I counted and have 17 individual cards. I am game for trading more. Dave has a fistfull of mine leftover in case he puts together a package.

Bigtoy_J on
    Love George Bernard Shaw quotations.

Also, I can count to "boat".
  • Options
    KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    Bigtoy_J wrote: »
    I did not get to go to the final PA Panel. Dave, were you able to give the Trading Card binder to Mike and Jerry?

I have to say it was a great pleasure meeting all of you. I counted and have 17 individual cards. I am game for trading more. Dave has a fistfull of mine leftover in case he puts together a package.

Yeah, he got it to them, and in exchange they gave him a $1200 core i7 CPU. He immediately gave it back to them for Child's Play, which was pretty awesome!

Kjeldor on
This discussion has been closed.