As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre Fight Debate Thread: Brackets 19 & 20

124»

Posts

  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Again, when I insult people it is usually because I am insulting them back.

    :roll:

    You've been flipping out and attacking other posters throughout both tournaments.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2006
    Corvus wrote:
    Again, when I insult people it is usually because I am insulting them back.

    :roll:

    You've been flipping out and attacking other posters throughout both tournaments.

    I've read pretty much all the arguments from both tournamets, and you fly off the handle a moment's notice, Spec. Your demeanor is terribly annoying.

    A duck! on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Logically I want Despero to win because Xorn is such a huge failure as a character. However I must admit to a dark pleasure one can only gain by voting against Spectre-x's picks.

    *Places a black marble into the Xorn jar and shivers with delight*

    I weep for the future of the human race, and we are all prime examples of why. At least we are having a good time though right? ;)

    Caveman Paws on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I for one am having a wonderful time.

    Spectre-x on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    These discussions would just remain completely civil if you would all just agree with me. Always.

    <insert some stupid drawing of an apparently autistic superhero here>

    Regina Fong on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    These discussions would just remain completely civil if you would all just agree with me. Always.

    <insert some stupid drawing of an apparently autistic superhero here>

    Or maybe Galactus with a misaligned chest.

    A duck! on
  • ExcessiveKnifeExcessiveKnife Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    "Spectre-X wrote:
    And here is where the flaw in that plan lies: Xorn would have to do this while being physically if not mentally assaulted by Despero, who can beat up the entire Justice League on his own. I very much doubt Xorn would be able to hold his concentration long enough to cause any kind of real effect on Despero when Despero only needs to think in order to rip all of Xorn's limbs off and beat him to death with them.

    (Know I'm a little late with this, but still)

    The above statement assumes that Xorn and Despero are starting facing each other, in flat terrain, High Noon Showdown style. Lest we forget, the designated battlefield is Warworld. Not a 10' square area in Warworld, not a boxing ring in Warworld, not the Warworld Convention Center, but the entire area. A whole planet of metal and weaponry. Though Xorneto has no direct expirience with DC weapons tech, he is the Master of Magnetisim and the guy who brought us Asteroid M. If he can avoid contact long enough to get his bearings and figure things out, the advantage is his.

    ExcessiveKnife on
    The mad beeper is on the loose!
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    According to Despero's wiki, he "can also project beams of telekinetic energy enabling the teleportation of matter anywhere in the universe."

    What does that mean exactly? Can he teleport Xorn into a star or black hole, or even just anywhere far away from the planet, and win by ring out?

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-X wrote:
    And here is where the flaw in that plan lies: Xorn would have to do this while being physically if not mentally assaulted by Despero, who can beat up the entire Justice League on his own. I very much doubt Xorn would be able to hold his concentration long enough to cause any kind of real effect on Despero when Despero only needs to think in order to rip all of Xorn's limbs off and beat him to death with them.

    (Know I'm a little late with this, but still)

    The above statement assumes that Xorn and Despero are starting facing each other, in flat terrain, High Noon Showdown style. Lest we forget, the designated battlefield is Warworld. Not a 10' square area in Warworld, not a boxing ring in Warworld, not the Warworld Convention Center, but the entire area. A whole planet of metal and weaponry. Though Xorneto has no direct expirience with DC weapons tech, he is the Master of Magnetisim and the guy who brought us Asteroid M. If he can avoid contact long enough to get his bearings and figure things out, the advantage is his.

    Fair enough. Xorn's tactic for victory is equally unlikely in this scenario.

    Spectre-x on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    You think that the points some people attempt to make are valid only because you share their incorrect views. And I rarely drop my points because people are rarely able to disprove them.

    But seriously, this is getting tiresome, let's drop the issue entirely. You obviously do not enjoy this, and neither do I.

    See this is why everyone thinks you're a cock.

    It's not "Your opinion" versus "Our opinion" to you.
    It's "Our Opinion" versus "THE TRUTH SHUT UP WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE RETARDED GOD WHAT THE HELL WHO WOULD EVER THINK THAT, YOU RETARD".

    No one elses view point is valid to you. We're all either on your side, or fucking retarded.

    The Muffin Man on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Spectre-x wrote:
    You think that the points some people attempt to make are valid only because you share their incorrect views. And I rarely drop my points because people are rarely able to disprove them.

    But seriously, this is getting tiresome, let's drop the issue entirely. You obviously do not enjoy this, and neither do I.

    See this is why everyone thinks you're a cock.

    It's not "Your opinion" versus "Our opinion" to you.
    It's "Our Opinion" versus "THE TRUTH SHUT UP WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE RETARDED GOD WHAT THE HELL WHO WOULD EVER THINK THAT, YOU RETARD".

    No one elses view point is valid to you. We're all either on your side, or fucking retarded.

    That's more or less what i've been trying to say as well.

    Marathon on
  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I actually don;t believe my opinions are fact, I just think that, more often than not, they're better than yours. And boy I do like my opinions.

    And again, you are wrong about me. I do not automatically see my point as being superior. It might seem that way, but it's not, and don't try to argue witht hat because I'm pretty sure that I know my own opinions better than you, seeing as I'm actually me and you're not.

    I am sorry, though, for taking away a lot of the fun in this tournament with my (over?)zealous belief in my own opinions. I'll try to tone it down from now on, 'kay?


    Except Muffin Man. I'm not sorry for ruining his fun because he's really dumb.

    Spectre-x on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    FACT: Despero was once forced into L-Ron's tiny pathetic robot body and then shot by a duck hunter!

    FACT: Despero was halted by none other than Red Tornado using nothing but wind and pieces of Bruce Wayne's furniture!

    FACT: Despero looked really, really lame in his first appearance!

    FACT: Even an inexperienced Young Justice could beat up Despero's disembodied essence!

    FACT: Xorn's pretty lame too and Despero should beat him, but Despero's is still pretty beatable!

    FACT: I should have called these FLASH FACTS.

    Munch on
  • The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Can't we just let despero walk with this one? At least in the next round there will be a somewhat worthy fight.

    The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Spectre-x wrote:
    I actually don;t believe my opinions are fact, I just think that, more often than not, they're better than yours. And boy I do like my opinions.

    And again, you are wrong about me. I do not automatically see my point as being superior. It might seem that way, but it's not, and don't try to argue witht hat because I'm pretty sure that I know my own opinions better than you, seeing as I'm actually me and you're not.

    I am sorry, though, for taking away a lot of the fun in this tournament with my (over?)zealous belief in my own opinions. I'll try to tone it down from now on, 'kay?


    Except Muffin Man. I'm not sorry for ruining his fun because he's really dumb.
    No one is saying that you can't have your own opinion. It's just the way you treat your opinion in relation to others. Even up there you say that your opinoin is "better" than whoever you might disagree with. It's that sort of arrogant attitude that bugs people. Your opinion is no more valid than mine or anyone elses. Every opinion has the same merit, but for some reason you seem to believe that your opinion should be placed above others. There is no right or wrong opinions in these discussions and that is just the fact of the matter. You may say that your opinion is right and someone else is wrong, but that does not make it true. In your mind it may be, but it is not the case for everyone else.

    And you may say "And again, you are wrong about me. I do not automatically see my point as being superior. It might seem that way, but it's not, and don't try to argue witht hat because I'm pretty sure that I know my own opinions better than you, seeing as I'm actually me and you're not." But none of that really matters. The only thing anyone has to go on here is the preception of yourself that you put out there. You can tell us to not come to some sort of conclusion all you want, but when you act the way you do with the sort of attitude that you do it's going to give people an idea about you if you like it or not. It's not just me either, as you can see over the last couple pages there are several others that have found your behavior to be just as inappropriate as I have.

    I would venture a guess and say that nobody here cares that you have whatever opinion you do, it's just that you go about defending that opinion in completely the wrong way. There is no need to fly off the handle and get angry with people that disagree with you, nor is there any reason to insult those people who might have a different opinion than you. Doing stuff like that just makes you look like an arrogant prick.

    Marathon on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Spectre-x wrote:
    I actually don;t believe my opinions are fact, I just think that, more often than not, they're better than yours. And boy I do like my opinions.

    And again, you are wrong about me. I do not automatically see my point as being superior. It might seem that way, but it's not, and don't try to argue witht hat because I'm pretty sure that I know my own opinions better than you, seeing as I'm actually me and you're not.

    I am sorry, though, for taking away a lot of the fun in this tournament with my (over?)zealous belief in my own opinions. I'll try to tone it down from now on, 'kay?


    Except Muffin Man. I'm not sorry for ruining his fun because he's really dumb.

    :cry:

    The Muffin Man on
  • JemJem Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I've followed both tournements and when Spec X starts in on his rants:

    1.) He's generally right for the most part

    2.) His insults seem to be in the general fun of the discussions and you guys take them to heart, it's the internet people, and you get straight actually pissed off, instead throw and insult back, let it slide and listen to what he has to say because he knows comics.


    It's just fun jibes, and if you aren't into that, look at the aura of the PA forums, you honestly probably shouldn't be posting here.

    Taking the side of Zoom is a no brainer in my opinoin because he's shown himself so powerful in comics, he was in his own home field, and he takes on cats that would tear Nimrod apart in seconds, DC characters are just generally that kind of crazy powerful.

    Despero is way out of Xorn's league, Xorn is a cool, confusing, super powerful character, but I doubt he would make the Justice League quiver by his prescence, because he isn't a teleporting, strong as Superman, psychic beast feared throughout the universe, he's a guy that's been dropped by the X-Men and the weakest line up Avengers yet seen.

    Jem on
    Jem is excitement
    Jem is adventure
    Bubble and Glitter
    Fashion and Fame
    img]http://cards.pokecharms.com/create/1fb134620769b92f656b0d931b19f4d1.png[/img]
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jem wrote:
    I've followed both tournements and when Spec X starts in on his rants:

    1.) He's generally right for the most part

    2.) His insults seem to be in the general fun of the discussions and you guys take them to heart, it's the internet people, and you get straight actually pissed off, instead throw and insult back, let it slide and listen to what he has to say because he knows comics.

    And yet despite what you say, only Spectre gets away with this shit. There was oh-so-fucking-much panty twisting and crying when I pushed for Bigby to win the second to last bracket he was in. So many people crying foul. Spectre does this in virtually every debate thread in every bracket but when some people complain, we have folks like you come in and drop the "lighten up it's the internet" card.

    Double standards double standards. What to do?

    Regina Fong on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jem wrote:
    It's just fun jibes, and if you aren't into that, look at the aura of the PA forums, you honestly probably shouldn't be posting here.

    :roll:

    Oh yeah, we're all too fragile for the the internets.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jem wrote:
    I've followed both tournements and when Spec X starts in on his rants:

    1.) He's generally right for the most part

    2.) His insults seem to be in the general fun of the discussions and you guys take them to heart, it's the internet people, and you get straight actually pissed off, instead throw and insult back, let it slide and listen to what he has to say because he knows comics.

    It's just fun jibes, and if you aren't into that, look at the aura of the PA forums, you honestly probably shouldn't be posting here.

    Guess I missed how Spex calling people dyslexic or fucking idiots when they disagree with them fits in with the general fun of the discussions. Where I come from thats just verbally attacking people who disagree with you.

    Yes, this is the internet, but this is not SE++ and there is also a rule here about acting like an adult when you talk to people.

    Marathon on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    These threads would be so much shorter if things were civil, and we'd probably be far less interested in the results. Tell me that getting into an argument doesn't make you more invested in the contestants you've chosen to back.

    robosagogo on
  • JemJem Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    jeepguy wrote:
    Jem wrote:
    I've followed both tournements and when Spec X starts in on his rants:

    1.) He's generally right for the most part

    2.) His insults seem to be in the general fun of the discussions and you guys take them to heart, it's the internet people, and you get straight actually pissed off, instead throw and insult back, let it slide and listen to what he has to say because he knows comics.

    And yet despite what you say, only Spectre gets away with this shit. There was oh-so-fucking-much panty twisting and crying when I pushed for Bigby to win the second to last bracket he was in. So many people crying foul. Spectre does this in virtually every debate thread in every bracket but when some people complain, we have folks like you come in and drop the "lighten up it's the internet" card.

    Double standards double standards. What to do?

    Man, I was all for Bigby to win.

    But anyways, you get all the fucking panty twisting and crying with Spectre does his shit, look at this whole thread, the thing is he sticks to his guns and twists the panties even tighter and just goes with it, who cares if there are people all bitching at you, if you think the character your backing needs to win then back him, fuck those crying foul if you have a valid arguement.

    Jem on
    Jem is excitement
    Jem is adventure
    Bubble and Glitter
    Fashion and Fame
    img]http://cards.pokecharms.com/create/1fb134620769b92f656b0d931b19f4d1.png[/img]
  • JemJem Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Marathon wrote:
    Jem wrote:
    I've followed both tournements and when Spec X starts in on his rants:

    1.) He's generally right for the most part

    2.) His insults seem to be in the general fun of the discussions and you guys take them to heart, it's the internet people, and you get straight actually pissed off, instead throw and insult back, let it slide and listen to what he has to say because he knows comics.

    It's just fun jibes, and if you aren't into that, look at the aura of the PA forums, you honestly probably shouldn't be posting here.

    Guess I missed how Spex calling people dyslexic or fucking idiots when they disagree with them fits in with the general fun of the discussions. Where I come from thats just verbally attacking people who disagree with you.

    Yes, this is the internet, but this is not SE++ and there is also a rule here about acting like an adult when you talk to people.

    oh balls, this is a comic discussion forum we sure do need to be acting like adults while discussing this shit, who cares what's calling you, quit being a fucking baby.

    Jem on
    Jem is excitement
    Jem is adventure
    Bubble and Glitter
    Fashion and Fame
    img]http://cards.pokecharms.com/create/1fb134620769b92f656b0d931b19f4d1.png[/img]
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jem wrote:
    Marathon wrote:
    Jem wrote:
    I've followed both tournements and when Spec X starts in on his rants:

    1.) He's generally right for the most part

    2.) His insults seem to be in the general fun of the discussions and you guys take them to heart, it's the internet people, and you get straight actually pissed off, instead throw and insult back, let it slide and listen to what he has to say because he knows comics.

    It's just fun jibes, and if you aren't into that, look at the aura of the PA forums, you honestly probably shouldn't be posting here.

    Guess I missed how Spex calling people dyslexic or fucking idiots when they disagree with them fits in with the general fun of the discussions. Where I come from thats just verbally attacking people who disagree with you.

    Yes, this is the internet, but this is not SE++ and there is also a rule here about acting like an adult when you talk to people.

    oh balls, this is a comic discussion forum we sure do need to be acting like adults while discussing this shit, who cares what's calling you, quit being a fucking baby.

    It's a forum where people come and discuss something they enjoy. The fact that we have this tournament going doesn'tt give anyone an excuse to act like a complete asshole. He can call me whatever he wants, I really don't care and it doesn't hurt my feelings. The fact of the matter is that there is no need for him to act how he does. The debates make the tournament interesting but him flipping out like a kid having a tantrum don't really add anything to the discussion.

    And which guns is he sticking too? The one where his pick wins because he is far far far more powerful than his opponent or that his pic is five thousand times more durable than whoever he is fighting. Or maybe it's him sticking to his guns about Zoom who in one fight moves at what appears to be near the speed of light, and the next he can now move several times faster than the speed of light. Because that is usually about the depth of his reasoning behind his pics.

    Marathon on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2007
    Jem wrote:
    fuck those crying foul if you have a valid arguement.

    You know, it's funny that you're arguing for spex with the way your post ended.

    A duck! on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'll give a cookie to any of you who can tell me what match ups this thread was about without going back to the first page. :lol:

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fiaryn wrote:
    I'll give a cookie to any of you who can tell me what match ups this thread was about without going back to the first page. :lol:

    Uhm, Mist - Ultron, Despero - Xorn.

    Regina Fong on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fiaryn wrote:
    I'll give a cookie to any of you who can tell me what match ups this thread was about without going back to the first page. :lol:

    Uhm, Mist - Ultron, Despero - Xorn.

    You won't hate me if I have no cookies will you?

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fiaryn wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fiaryn wrote:
    I'll give a cookie to any of you who can tell me what match ups this thread was about without going back to the first page. :lol:

    Uhm, Mist - Ultron, Despero - Xorn.

    You won't hate me if I have no cookies will you?

    Ouch, you can't get a mans hopes up for cookies and then dash them to bits, or in this case, crumbs.

    Marathon on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fiaryn wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fiaryn wrote:
    I'll give a cookie to any of you who can tell me what match ups this thread was about without going back to the first page. :lol:

    Uhm, Mist - Ultron, Despero - Xorn.

    You won't hate me if I have no cookies will you?

    At least post a picture of one, jeez. :P

    Regina Fong on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fiaryn wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Fiaryn wrote:
    I'll give a cookie to any of you who can tell me what match ups this thread was about without going back to the first page. :lol:

    Uhm, Mist - Ultron, Despero - Xorn.

    You won't hate me if I have no cookies will you?

    At least post a picture of one, jeez. :P

    Fine fine.

    DSC_1144_crop.jpg

    There's your damn cookies!

    Also, Xorn is a bitch!

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I had forgotten that Despero had teleportation abilities. Does not change mah vote!

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'll give a cookie to any of you who can tell me what match ups this thread was about without going back to the first page.

    Marathon v Spectre-x.

    My money's on marathon - spex's laser eyes won't protect him when marathon teleports right behind him.

    Starcross on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Starcross wrote:
    I'll give a cookie to any of you who can tell me what match ups this thread was about without going back to the first page.

    Marathon v Spectre-x.

    My money's on marathon - spex's laser eyes won't protect him when marathon teleports right behind him.

    Are we talking like Darkside laser eyes that follow you? They might save him then.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Furthermore. Couldn't Xorn just magnetize a tiny bit of metal so strongly that it eventually becomes super dense and makes a mini black hole? That'd be cute.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That sounds so scientific it just might work!

    Synthetic Orange on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    According to Despero's wiki, he "can also project beams of telekinetic energy enabling the teleportation of matter anywhere in the universe."

    What does that mean exactly? Can he teleport Xorn into a star or black hole, or even just anywhere far away from the planet, and win by ring out?
    Yes? No?

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.