As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Community Meetup: Boston Nov 7th is probably bust, Fancy dinner + Concert?

• ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am now fantasizing about Bolt Busing from DC to NY to Boston or plain driving in just for this. However I doubt I will be able to sell my wife on the cost. She sort of owes me for that time she dragged me on the road trip to her family in SoCal, especially since this is half that distance.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Please note that the time is now 12pm.

So far the winning restaurant is Summer Shack. For those of you who voted make sure you check the menu first. They have no lunch menu on the weekend so it will end up being pricey although I'm not sure how pricey it is compared to other restaurants in the area.

Atlus Parker on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I vote Solas because a) beer b) cheap food c) I like Solas

The Otaku Suppository on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Izzie wrote: »

Where would we depart from on the bus? Who else is interested from Jersey?

If I go, I'd be interested.
    THough, i'm not sure what day i'd head up, i might wanna make a weekend of it and chill with friends.

Either way, pick-up/drop-off in NY is on 34th and 8th, right behind penn sta by the Tick-Tock diner, which is pretty convenient for anyone using NJTransit trains.
    If you take a bus to port authority from NJ, you'd have to catch a cab or take the subway down to 34th.

Drop off/pick-up in Boston is in South Station, I forget which gate. Though it's a terminal so it's not that hard to find out.

It looks like I might be day tripping it with my cousin, she is also going to PAX. Shoot me a PM or a tweet (@DaveSchrader) if you're interested in carpooling from Eatontown, NJ. Where do you live in Jersey?

PeasantDave on
  • DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

THough, i'm not sure what day i'd head up, i might wanna make a weekend of it and chill with friends.

Either way, pick-up/drop-off in NY is on 34th and 8th, right behind penn sta by the Tick-Tock diner, which is pretty convenient for anyone using NJTransit trains.
    If you take a bus to port authority from NJ, you'd have to catch a cab or take the subway down to 34th.

Drop off/pick-up in Boston is in South Station, I forget which gate. Though it's a terminal so it's not that hard to find out.

It looks like I might be day tripping it with my cousin, she is also going to PAX. Shoot me a PM or a tweet (@DaveSchrader) if you're interested in carpooling from Eatontown, NJ. Where do you live in Jersey?

If you guys end up taking the Bolt Bus, let me know because I'm pretty sure that's how I'll be getting up there.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
    edited October 2009
    DaNerd wrote: »

If you guys end up taking the Bolt Bus, let me know because I'm pretty sure that's how I'll be getting up there.

I am probably going to drive because it would take an hour+ to get to any of the busstops from where I live.

PeasantDave on
  • astillacastillac Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Just checking to confirm - this is now at noon? *whiteboard pen hovers in midair*

astillac on
  • undeadundead Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm possible for this. I'm either going to be there or I won't at this point. I really can't say ahead of time as it's too close.
    I second the Pour House. It's cheaper and I'm highly allergic to seafood so I couldn't put a vote in for Summer Shack.

undead on
    As I am, so shall ye be.

Yahoo group GCIACST
    edited October 2009
    astillac wrote: »
    Just checking to confirm - this is now at noon? *whiteboard pen hovers in midair*

Yes.

Atlus Parker on
  • tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'll totally be there!!! I hate fish places but I can always eat prior to coming so i guess it doesn't matter here it's at

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
    edited October 2009
    Alas, if it's going to be at the Summer Shack, I would rather not attend this one (very, very allergic to seafood). I would like to be a part of this committee, however.
    Atlus, I'll pm you with the convention list for this area to give you an idea of what's around (pertains to my question in the other thread). If anyone else would like that list, pm me or join my yahoo group and look in the calander. It's specific to NE and a couple of states beyond.
    To give you an idea of how quickly things can get going, New Hampshire's big gaming con is literally 4 weeks away.

undead on
    As I am, so shall ye be.

Yahoo group GCIACST
  • SirCuddlezSirCuddlez Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Question to Altus: It sounded like from some of the posts that even if we end up meeting at the summer shack there might be some post summer shack places (maybe I'm delusional)?

If that's the case I'd be happy to pm you my cell phone # undead so you can call and find out where we'll be.

SirCuddlez on
  • WaterbornWaterborn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I wouldn't be able to make it until at least 2pm due to work. If everyone is planning to move on elsewhere after the Summer Shack, please let me know.

Waterborn on
    http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Waterborn
    East Coast Correspondent for 2Old2Play.com
    edited October 2009
    We will likely be moving as a group after the Summer Shack. I will be updating my twitter based on where we are located. If anyone wants my phone number to text and find out location I can do that too.

PeasantDave on
    edited October 2009
    Actually looking at the poll results and factoring in me moving my vote from Summer Shack to Solas these places are tied. Due to the number of seafood allergies it looks like Solas is the place.

Atlus Parker on
  • SirCuddlezSirCuddlez Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Yeah I'll volunteer along with Peasant Dave. If anyone wants my cellphone number to find out where we are feel free to pm me. I'd be happy to help out.

Had to miss the PAX get together at the MFA today no way I'm going to miss this as well.

SirCuddlez on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Solas works

Usagi on
    edited October 2009
    Actually looking at the poll results and factoring in me moving my vote from Summer Shack to Solas these places are tied. Due to the number of seafood allergies it looks like Solas is the place.

My vote was going to be for Solas, but I didn't get it in in time. ;)

PeasantDave on
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for offering to update everyone on the location of the group PD. I have add you to my Twitter follow list and will keep tabs on the crew that way. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 10th.

Waterborn on
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Solas is a better choice. I will also be on the twitters (@rulesaremyenemy) if people need to follow our progress (or should I say steady decline? :))

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ack... I'm apparently finding out the details shortly, so I'll keep you posted... but I ran into an old friend of mine at the store today. He's apparently getting married sometime on the 10th, and I feel obligated to go.

I think he said it was an evening wedding though, so I may still be okay to get to this shindig. I'll keep you posted!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited October 2009
    Solas @ noon. OK, I'm pretty sure I can get there for that one.

undead on
    As I am, so shall ye be.

Yahoo group GCIACST
  • IzzieIzzie It's The Avatar BostonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I'm gonna have to say nay to this, since I couldn't get off from work. Which sucks, cause i really like irish food.

Either way, I look forward to the next one, as soon as you guys get a date I'll put in earlier to go.
    And if you decide to drive again, Dave, I'd totally dig a ride and help pitch in for gas and such. (I live in sayreville, not sure how far from you that is)
    edit* i google map'd it real fast, I'd be on the way, since all major highways intercept my town! woot. also, I think there's an NJ transit stop in long branch o_O which i don't think is too far?

So sorry, i was looking forward to it :<

Izzie on
    http://izziebytes.net // http://twitter.com/izziebot // G+
    Terrorizing the Gaming Universe one post at a time...
    edited October 2009
    So I'm gonna have to say nay to this, since I couldn't get off from work. Which sucks, cause i really like irish food.

Either way, I look forward to the next one, as soon as you guys get a date I'll put in earlier to go.
    And if you decide to drive again, Dave, I'd totally dig a ride and help pitch in for gas and such. (I live in sayreville, not sure how far from you that is)
    edit* i google map'd it real fast, I'd be on the way, since all major highways intercept my town! woot. also, I think there's an NJ transit stop in long branch o_O which i don't think is too far?

So sorry, i was looking forward to it :<

Maybe next time! I know that I will be having a LAN party in January as well as some other smaller events. I generally announce them on twitter.

PeasantDave on
    edited October 2009
    Okay I think the OP is up to date. I'll call Solas friday night and let them know we're going to have at least one dozen internet nerds invading their restaurant. Maybe more. We're gonna play this by ear.

Atlus Parker on
    edited October 2009
    I also have a +1 (my cousin)

PeasantDave on
    edited October 2009
    Fudge... I've just found out that the wedding is at 5pm. I still may yet blow off said wedding though, seeing as how I only found out of its existence 2 days ago and I still haven't been able to discern WHERE it is being held other than somewhere in upstate New York (hence why 5pm makes it rough to get here). I'll keep you posted. =(

VThornheart on
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, but I'm not going to make this one after all. My nephew's birthday is party is Saturday. I wasn't told until today and I can't back out of that. I'll make the next one.

undead on
    As I am, so shall ye be.

Yahoo group GCIACST
    edited October 2009
    Okay, I got the details, and it looks like it's non-backoutable. =( I'll have to hit the next meeting (we're having a next meeting, right?)

VThornheart on
  • tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Okay, I got the details, and it looks like it's non-backoutable. =(

sadface =(

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
    edited October 2009
    Okay, I got the details, and it looks like it's non-backoutable. =( I'll have to hit the next meeting (we're having a next meeting, right?)

With any luck we will be able to set at date at this [strike]party[/strike] meeting.

PeasantDave on
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'll be getting into the city around 10am on Saturday due to the MBTA's horrid weekend commuter rail schedule. If anyone wants to get a coffee before heading over to Solace let me know.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • avatrixavatrix Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Looks like I'll be bringing a friend from northern VT along in tow as well. I'm obliging him to attend PAX East, so it's a good opportunity to get him involved.

avatrix on
    edited October 2009
    Be sure to keep us latecomers posted if you move from the Slytherin.

Waterborn on
    edited October 2009
    I just broke my face. Expect me to be in a good mood.

Atlus Parker on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    having some car problems so I'm looking doubtful for this tomorrow

sorry guys, definitely for next time!

Usagi on
    edited October 2009
    For those of you coming, I called ahead so they'll be able to accomodate us. Party name is Derek.

Atlus Parker on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    having some car problems so I'm looking doubtful for this tomorrow

sorry guys, definitely for next time!

:(

VisionOfClarity on
  • Fat_IdiotFat_Idiot __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Don't get the sheperds pie.. Newscenter 5 said it cotained dog meat.. Gl guys won't be attending though..

Fat_Idiot on
    wat
    edited October 2009
    Good to see everyone today, even if I did show up late. Sorry I missed ya Avatrix, next time.

Waterborn on