As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cross-Country Supertrip 2007

15678911»

• Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Willeth wrote: »
    Thanks, that gives me an idea of what to expect. Presumably those totals are for getting there and back? Foolishly when I posted before I only researched prices one-way, but if that's what everyone else can agree I'm likely to be paying then I'll more than likely see you there. :)

EDIT: Also, suggestion - if you're going to be using TS instead of walkie-talkies throughout as I read earlier in the thread then why not record the conversations?

Oh man... if we can get a UK'er in on the trip awesome. And to answer your question, We really didn't use TS throughout the whole trip. it was fine from the Ohio to WI leg, but once the huge storm hit and we got a couple of extra cars in the line-up, my "uber" set-up got pwn'd by our massive group.

Next year, the tentative idea is to have the front car be the main wifi hub, and have everybody build yagi antennas to connect.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Almost makes me wish i did not live on the west coast... Almost

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thanks guys - that pretty much solidifies my decision. We'll organise meetups and everything once the Trip has been properly organised for this year and I'll see you folks there.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Shit... it's only 34 days till the new year... about 125 days till pre-reg starts... 271 Days till the CCST 08 Starts... and 275 days till PAX 08. Which means I've got about 281 days till I start thinking about CCST 09 and about 650 days till I start thinking about CCST X.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited November 2007
    You know, I thought we'd go with CCST 2010, with a sleek futuristic look.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Ya if we are still driving cars in 2010 then you guys will have to make sure you dress them up looking like rockets from the movie. 8-)

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    awww... I thought CCST X sounded cool... I was going to dress up like Racer X for it too... Oh well, seems I've got like 600 some odd days to think of a new costume.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm with Andy on this, CCST X just seems more impressive I think.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Bambooza wrote: »
    Ya if we are still driving cars in 2010 then you guys will have to make sure you dress them up looking like rockets from the movie. 8-)

Red Rocket checking in. ;)

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Gold leader chec......fuck. Damn you Speed Racer!

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Next year can I drive up from LA and follow behind you guys for the last 20 miles of the trip and pretend I was a part of something epic? :P

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    DStalefish wrote: »
    Next year can I drive up from LA and follow behind you guys for the last 20 miles of the trip and pretend I was a part of something epic? :P

You could just take the train like the rest of the LA guys.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I don't think I could handle a 35 hour train ride round trip. :/

DStalefish on
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Motion sickness?

It's a hell of a lot more comfortable then being cramped in a car or plane.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Motion sickness?

Idk... there have been sometimes I've ridden the train and it has been very crowded.

Oh, in case anybody was wondering for the CCST... Taking the Train from Chicago to Seattle would cost 286 per person round trip. Comparing that to driving, it would be 3 hours slower, and our car only spent 150 each on gas.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Motion sickness?

A train is very restrictive as far as what you can bring, when you can arrive, and when you can depart though. If I end up volunteering I'd like to be able to control my own departure time.

Not to mention if I'm driving I can listen to music as loud as I want without bugging the people around me. :)

DStalefish on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    But when your driving how do you plan on getting your game on?

Bambooza on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    The same way the Supertrip gets its game on. :)

It's not like I'd be driving alone, or personally be behind the wheel the whole time. I have friends. I swear.

DStalefish on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    The journey is game enough, and if it's not you can play DS or PC games during off shifts.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Montana even had one of those end bosses that takes forever to beat.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
This discussion has been closed.