Options

Battlestar Galactica: Xena, Warrior Cylon

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Wasn't the War like 50 years ago? Even the oldest characters would only be teens then.

Scooter on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Scooter wrote:
    Wasn't the War like 50 years ago? Even the oldest characters would only be teens then.
    Would they? Have they mentioned what the average lifespan is?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm curious as to when Earth is found will it be present day Earth, past Earth, or not Earth as we know itl???

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Scooter wrote:

40 years ago, I believe. I know for sure that Tigh was in it. Adama, after waking up from [spoiler:d8ac2546d1]being shot[/spoiler:d8ac2546d1] said something to Lee along the lines of "Saul was on the front line of the first war; they bordered his ship and things eventually turned into hand-to-hand fighting." I can't remember exactly where it's stated that Doc Cottle was in the first war, but I'm fairly convinced he was.

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm curious as to when Earth is found will it be present day Earth, past Earth, or not Earth as we know itl???

So... future Earth? Personally, I hope it's the Earth from Space: Above and Beyond. With those star carriers.

ACME4155CustomImage0213907.jpg

Glyph on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2007
    If its modern day earth were boned.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2007

Ewwww! Galactica 1980 was not a good show at all.

saggio on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'll say this once, if any of the major players (Baltar, Adama, Adama, Roslin, Kara, Helo, Dee) are a cylon I quit this show. That would just be stupid.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    As much as I've noticed, the whole 'WHAT EARTH IS IT' deal about when the show takes place in relation to our timeline is like the biggest mystery of the whole thing. I kind of like it not being revealed yet.

Snork on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Damn you all to HELL.

Anyone?

300pxStatue_of_liberty_in_planet_of_the_apes.jpg

Glyph on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    saggio wrote:

Ewwww! Galactica 1980 was not a good show at all.
    The original Battlestar Galactica wasn't either, and look how that remake turned out.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:
    Damn you all to HELL.

Anyone?

300pxStatue_of_liberty_in_planet_of_the_apes.jpg
    Human vs Cylon vs Monkey.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I found a spoiler picture of D'anna with the final five without all the lightbloom, looks like it was at rehearsal for the scene. I want you guys to tell me whether I should link it or not, because I'm very conflicted about it. Also there's a chance the 5 people standing there could just be stand ins due to the lightbloom, they could use anyone.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Link it. You gave your warning, thats all we need.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    You know, I've kind of been thinking about the last couple of seasons, and there are a couple of things that are confusing me.

[spoiler:9875f79a3f]Alright, so there are five Cylon models that the rest of the Cylons don't speak about. However, they all apparently know that they exist in some form (because they've referenced that there were 12 original models) - they just don't know who they are for some reason. That in itself seems odd to me because the human Cylon models are, at most, what, thirty years old? And since they were created BY Cylons - a race that never ages - how would none of them know who the other five models are? That's the first thing I don't get.

So D'anna and Baltar feel that the Eye of Jupiter is their ticket to finding out the final five models. However, this temple was apparently built long, LONG ago as a clue to finding the location of Earth. Why would this temple, which was built long before the Cylons even existed, have anything to do at all with the final five models? Maybe there's something I missed that links the two, but considering the very short history of the Cylons and the very LONG history of the colonies, I just can't reconcile all of the Cylon involvement with colonial history.[/spoiler:9875f79a3f]

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    DuckterPepperDuckterPepper Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I found a spoiler picture of D'anna with the final five without all the lightbloom, looks like it was at rehearsal for the scene. I want you guys to tell me whether I should link it or not, because I'm very conflicted about it. Also there's a chance the 5 people standing there could just be stand ins due to the lightbloom, they could use anyone.

fair warning, yes, link it please.

i wonder, if there's someone visible we already know, why should they use the leading actors as a light dummy. that wouldnt make sense. so i guess IF there's someone we know on that picture, it's a cylon - foshizzle

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:

So... future Earth? Personally, I hope it's the Earth from Space: Above and Beyond. With those star carriers.

ACME4155CustomImage0213907.jpg[img][/img]
    That would be the best crossover ever.

Also, I've never realized how incredibly ugly those carriers were.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Big Dookie wrote:
    [spoiler:bc1b60d2b6]So D'anna and Baltar feel that the Eye of Jupiter is their ticket to finding out the final five models. However, this temple was apparently built long, LONG ago as a clue to finding the location of Earth. Why would this temple, which was built long before the Cylons even existed, have anything to do at all with the final five models? Maybe there's something I missed that links the two, but considering the very short history of the Cylons and the very LONG history of the colonies, I just can't reconcile all of the Cylon involvement with colonial history.[/spoiler:bc1b60d2b6]

[spoiler:bc1b60d2b6]It's the Temple of Five. Its five pillars were fashioned after the five priests devoted to The One Whose Name Cannot Be...

It seems the Cylons are connected somehow with ancient history. That they have a role to play in the prophecies that are being realised all around the fleet.[/spoiler:bc1b60d2b6]

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Post the spoiler link already.

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's been linked to before, upthread. From the description, it sounds as if it has, anyway.

saggio on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    saggio wrote:
    MegaMan001 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's been linked to before, upthread. From the description, it sounds as if it has, anyway.

Do you have any idea where? I don't want to plow through 15 pages of thread.

EDIT: Particularly because everyone spells that character's name a little different (which may or may not be included in the post) so CTRL+F would be a little time consuming.

Post the link!

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    WHY wrote:
    That would be the best crossover ever.

Also, I've never realized how incredibly ugly those carriers were.

Me neither. I remember them looking so much cooler, especially en masse.

Glyph on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    On who D'anna apologized to:
    [spoiler:42c41f47be]I think it was Starbuck's husband. Remember back on Caprica, when Sharon and Caprica killed the D'anna down there because she was going to kill him? That's what I think she was apologizing for.[/spoiler:42c41f47be]
    Or maybe I'm just totally on crack.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is this the image you're talking about?

Caution Possible Major Spoilers

[realspoiler:464dea78a3]Final Five

Huge Version[/realspoiler:464dea78a3]

Invisible on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Invisible wrote:

[realspoiler:8edc3b8080]Final Five

Huge Version[/realspoiler:8edc3b8080]

Yeah that's the one. I've decided that those were probably just stand-in extras, which is the reason the image was released early and we didn't actually see those faces onscreen.

Glyph on
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    The Final 5 mystery is an equivalent to Lost's 'Hatch.' Lets just hope its not as lame once we find the answer to this mystery.

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Thanatos wrote:
    On who D'anna apologized to:
    [spoiler:c2e9c54161]I think it was Starbuck's husband. Remember back on Caprica, when Sharon and Caprica killed the D'anna down there because she was going to kill him? That's what I think she was apologizing for.[/spoiler:c2e9c54161]
    Or maybe I'm just totally on crack.

If we are getting into the guessing game I have a theory...

[spoiler:c2e9c54161]I think it's Doc Cottle.

Remember that D'anna confronted him on New Caprica about saving humans and Cylons.

He had blood on his hands from an operation. He said something like, "It all looks the same to me."

If he was exposed to the virus that infected the Cylons, he could be injecting his own vaccine secretly. This goes AGAINST the idea he is a sleeper agent now. He'd know he was be infected only after he came in contact with the Cylons. He could have been a sleeper agent for a while that never got activated.

Remember, Doc was "Away" when Adama got shot, and the person that started the surgery was an intern. Doc did save him later though.

However, the likelihood of TWO doctor Cylon models makes me doubt myself. Also, Cavil is like Doc Cottle X1000 times more awesome, so if it was true, it'd be a disappointment.
    [/spoiler:c2e9c54161]

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    well at least we know that theres only one black cylon...i guess that makes things easy for their culture

delphinus on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:
    Invisible wrote:

[realspoiler:c9b7f2e613]Final Five

Huge Version[/realspoiler:c9b7f2e613]

Yeah that's the one. I've decided that those were probably just stand-in extras, which is the reason the image was released early and we didn't actually see those faces onscreen.

I've been saying they're stand-ins because there's no way they're going to cast all five Cylon models already AND pay them just to film a dinky little scene.

(I believe the screens are actually from Rapture, just before post-production filtering to make the scene brighter.)

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Glyph wrote:
    Invisible wrote:

[realspoiler:1f35f2e311]Final Five

Huge Version[/realspoiler:1f35f2e311]

I've been saying they're stand-ins because there's no way they're going to cast all five Cylon models already AND pay them just to film a dinky little scene.

(I believe the screens are actually from Rapture, just before post-production filtering to make the scene brighter.)

Yeah I agree, they're most definitly stand-ins.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Snork wrote:
    As much as I've noticed, the whole 'WHAT EARTH IS IT' deal about when the show takes place in relation to our timeline is like the biggest mystery of the whole thing. I kind of like it not being revealed yet.

Earth is a cylon!

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    In regards to one of the final five cylons:

[realspoiler:67a90e6cc2]The second cylon from the right looks like Cally to me.[/realspoiler:67a90e6cc2]

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DeepQantas wrote:
    Snork wrote:

Earth is a cylon!

Earth will be uninhabited, possibly ruined, and there will be no humans left, and we'll find out that there are no humans anywhere, because in fact everyone that we think is human is a Cylon, all 40 000 of them. This is my prediction.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Rygar wrote:

[realspoiler:89fd36294a]The second cylon from the right looks like Cally to me.[/realspoiler:89fd36294a]
    I said the same thing when it was originally linked. Nobody else could see it.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    DeepQantas wrote:
    Snork wrote:

Earth is a cylon!

Earth will be uninhabited, possibly ruined, and there will be no humans left, and we'll find out that there are no humans anywhere, because in fact everyone that we think is human is a Cylon, all 40 000 of them. This is my prediction.

That's a really "spit-in-the-face-of-the-audience" type twist. Maybe as an alternate ending made special for the final season DVD.
    Rygar wrote:

[realspoiler:dc347b6715]The second cylon from the right looks like Cally to me.[/realspoiler:dc347b6715]
    I said the same thing when it was originally linked. Nobody else could see it.

Only because it didn't look like her. Hell, it didn't even look like a woman.

So maybe it is her. Oh snap.

Glyph on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Does anyone ever wonder where people in the fleet get new clothes? Roslin and some others have been sporting new outfits lately and I'm wondering if someone set up a tailoring shop or something.

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    Does anyone ever wonder where people in the fleet get new clothes? Roslin and some others have been sporting new outfits lately and I'm wondering if someone set up a tailoring shop or something.

no. the fleet has 41K people, why shouldn't they have some crafty tailors?

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:

I am more interested in where the Cylons get their stylish clothes. I am using them as a design template now. Stylishly modern clothing.

I bought some black slacks, a belt, a white turtleneck from Eddie Bauer, and a Claiborne Eisenhower Suede Jacket from Macy's, and now I too look like a cylon. Especially with my bluetooth headset and when my hair is gelled half-spiky.

[spoiler:24bbb34030]Of course the most stylish of the them has now been put away forever...[/spoiler:24bbb34030]

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Rygar wrote:
    MegaMan001 wrote:

I am more interested in where the Cylons get their stylish clothes. I am using them as a design template now. Stylishly modern clothing.

I bought some black slacks, a belt, a white turtleneck from Eddie Bauer, and a Claiborne Eisenhower Suede Jacket from Macy's, and now I too look like a cylon. Especially with my bluetooth headset and when my hair is gelled half-spiky.

[spoiler:06ce0a191b]Of course the most stylish of the them has now been put away forever...[/spoiler:06ce0a191b]

they are machines, so they have funky 3D Printers that can print their designs they have in their minds over wifi... duh...

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:

Their method of recycling would have to be like 120% efficient to support all that smoking, drinking and (in Roslin's case) paper-tearing and pencil-breaking. Can they really support that rate of regular consumption for over 40,000 people indefinitely? And did they ever get enough bark from the algae planet?

Glyph on
This discussion has been closed.