Options

Battlestar Galactica: Xena, Warrior Cylon

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sorry about earlier, was playing Wow and forgot to check back. That pic posted is the one I found.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    Does anyone ever wonder where people in the fleet get new clothes? Roslin and some others have been sporting new outfits lately and I'm wondering if someone set up a tailoring shop or something.

no. the fleet has 41K people, why shouldn't they have some crafty tailors?

Their method of recycling would have to be like 120% efficient to support all that smoking, drinking and (in Roslin's case) paper-tearing and pencil-breaking. Can they really support that rate of regular consumption for over 40,000 people indefinitely? And did they ever get enough bark from the algae planet?
    That's pretty worrying. Maybe they should try to find a habitable planet or something.

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DeepQantas wrote:
    Glyph wrote:
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    Does anyone ever wonder where people in the fleet get new clothes? Roslin and some others have been sporting new outfits lately and I'm wondering if someone set up a tailoring shop or something.

Their method of recycling would have to be like 120% efficient to support all that smoking, drinking and (in Roslin's case) paper-tearing and pencil-breaking. Can they really support that rate of regular consumption for over 40,000 people indefinitely? And did they ever get enough bark from the algae planet?
    That's pretty worrying. Maybe they should try to find a habitable planet or something.

Yes. I can see no downside.

250229725_8577d5fb77.jpg

Glyph on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:
    DeepQantas wrote:
    Glyph wrote:
    MegaMan001 wrote:

Yes. I can see no downside.

250229725_8577d5fb77.jpg
    That is awesome but who the hell made it?

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    From the can in hand, I'm guessing some Canadi-an.

Glyph on
  • Options
    DuckterPepperDuckterPepper Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:

CAN-adian

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:

CAN-adian

CAN-adi-AN. Gah-Lak-Tus.

250px-ULTEXT001_cov.jpg

Glyph on
  • Options
    Spastic SlothSpastic Sloth Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    Rygar wrote:
    In regards to one of the final five cylons:

[realspoiler:0b5feb7d60]The second cylon from the right looks like Cally to me.[/realspoiler:0b5feb7d60]
    I said the same thing when it was originally linked. Nobody else could see it.

[spoiler:0b5feb7d60] You know, that would work out nicely if she was. They could then have Hera die for what ever reason then CG yoda in and have him be all "Wait, there is another." Finally they appoint Chief Tyrol to Chief Cylon detector since hes doing a better job than Baltar did. (2 for 2)

But alas, if it is her then she was probably just working as an extra for a little more cash money.[/spoiler:0b5feb7d60]

Spastic Sloth on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Rygar wrote:
    In regards to one of the final five cylons:

[realspoiler:cef1e65b15]The second cylon from the right looks like Cally to me.[/realspoiler:cef1e65b15]
    I said the same thing when it was originally linked. Nobody else could see it.

[spoiler:cef1e65b15] You know, that would work out nicely if she was. They could then have Hera die for what ever reason then CG yoda in and have him be all "Wait, there is another." Finally they appoint Chief Tyrol to Chief Cylon detector since hes doing a better job than Baltar did. (2 for 2)

But alas, if it is her then she was probably just working as an extra for a little more cash money.[/spoiler:cef1e65b15]

Are you kidding me? He missed two of them already. Number Eight and the Brother model.

Glyph on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    man I'm so not used to the Sunday time change yet. I only now just remembered that BSG is on tonight.

Though I did notice they play last weeks ep on friday anyway...so if you don't mind the delay and can avoid the talkback for a few days. It can be as if nothing happened

VoodooV on
  • Options
    chronoboundgearchronoboundgear Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    VoodooV wrote:
    man I'm so not used to the Sunday time change yet. I only now just remembered that BSG is on tonight.

Though I did notice they play last weeks ep on friday anyway...so if you don't mind the delay and can avoid the talkback for a few days. It can be as if nothing happened

They also played it last Monday night at 11:00 so you can just stay off the forums for a day and watch it then if you want.

chronoboundgear on
    Xbox 360 Tag: Earthbound King

Every fights a food fight when you're a cannibal.
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ahahahahaahahaa.

AHAHAHAHA.

hah.

That was great.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yea, I was so not buying that they were doing that so early... but you can never quite be certain.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    </3 needles.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:91f416c818]ADAMA PUNCH![/spoiler:91f416c818]

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    D:

MKR on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    That was some intense yelling.

bombardier on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Not the best episode, but good nonetheless.

[spoiler:d5c5fbf167]The Lee/Kara love crap is starting to grow on me. Lee's drunk impression was over-the-top though. I've seen drunks, and I've been drunk, and I've never seen someone shake like he did.

But by far and large, the Baltar stuff takes the cake in this episode.[/spoiler:d5c5fbf167]

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DavorDavor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Richy wrote:
    [spoiler:e06e68e6bc]
    But by far and large, the Baltar stuff and Adama's punch takes the cake in this episode.[/spoiler:e06e68e6bc]

Fix'd ;)

I really enjoyed it, the worst part though? Having to wait 2 weeks for the next episode.

Davor on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Davor wrote:
    Fix'd ;)

I really enjoyed it, the worst part though? Having to wait 2 weeks for the next episode.

How about fixing it right this time and using spoiler tags?

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    DavorDavor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Davor wrote:
    Fix'd ;)

Heh fine, didn't know [spoiler:35fb0d7a02]stuff![/spoiler:35fb0d7a02] and an [spoiler:35fb0d7a02]admiral caliber punch[/spoiler:35fb0d7a02] were really all that spoilery, but I wouldn't want to offend.

Davor on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Scifi.com is getting hammered like Lee.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Davor wrote:
    Davor wrote:
    Fix'd ;)

Heh fine, didn't know [spoiler:ce39682bac]stuff![/spoiler:ce39682bac] and an [spoiler:ce39682bac]admiral caliber punch[/spoiler:ce39682bac] were really all that spoilery, but I wouldn't want to offend.

[spoiler:ce39682bac]The punch is so cool because it's not expected. I admit to being touchy on the issue but you had to intentionally remove the tags..that's just cold man.

I just took some screen caps from my shitty DVR..they will do until I get my hands on a higher quality feed. Here, we can all rejoice in the ADAMA punch![/spoiler:ce39682bac]

Links contain spoiler images of poor quality. Not spoilered because it doesn't do anything with links.
    Link 1
    Link 2

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    MKR wrote:

Fucking awesome though.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    baddmanbaddman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    in the "bonus scene" at the end, I just cannot make out what Caprica Six says to Roslyn. it goes something like

[spoiler:7f3aa938b9]
    "you wont be airlocked, i give you my word"
    "like you gave <WHAT DOES SHE SAY HERE> before you threw him out into space? he told us"
    [/spoiler:7f3aa938b9]

I rewound the DVR five times and played the clip on scifi.com, I just can't hear what she says.

baddman on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    baddman wrote:
    in the "bonus scene" at the end, I just cannot make out what Caprica Six says to Roslyn. it goes something like

[spoiler:441f2ef14b]
    "you wont be airlocked, i give you my word"
    "like you gave <WHAT DOES SHE SAY HERE> before you threw him out into space? he told us"
    [/spoiler:441f2ef14b]

I rewound the DVR five times and played the clip on scifi.com, I just can't hear what she says.

[spoiler:441f2ef14b]Leoben. Starbuck fake husband cylon.[/spoiler:441f2ef14b]

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Ant000Ant000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Bonus scene? I saw no bonus scene :*(.

That episode rocked though!

Ant000 on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, Space in Canada didn't show that scene, apparently. :C

I was wondering why she wasn't in the episode, it would have been really odd to leave her out completely.

bombardier on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:a459808fbb]Dude, uh, those crazy ass torture scenes... were crazy ass awesome.[/spoiler:a459808fbb]

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2007
    Holy shit Laura Roslin

Unknown User on
  • Options
    StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Baltarstar galactica!

StormyWaters on
  • Options
    Ant000Ant000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    That episode really was one of my favorites.

I constantly wonder to myself how the show would have turned out if they didn't get that guy to play Balter - he's so integral to my enjoyment of the show. Not to say that he carries it or anything, but he's just so fun to watch :).

Ant000 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Goddammit. For some reason I can't watch the extended version of the bonus scene on Sci-fi.

Can someone post the rest of that conversation?

Glyph on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:d1b4ca3b18]I think this episode really succeeded in making me care about the love-quadrangle. All of the scenes involving the four character were done really well, I think (although I don't think all of the bar scenes were completely necessary). By the way, Lee sooo does not deserve to be with Dee.

The Baltar interrogation stuff was really well done too. And what does he know about Gaeta?

Oh yeah...who were those people who appeared during Baltar's hallucination? Were they humans that had died on New Caprica?[/spoiler:d1b4ca3b18]

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Gnasty wrote:
    [spoiler:a51830609f]I think this episode really succeeded in making me care about the love-quadrangle. All of the scenes involving the four character were done really well, I think (although I don't think all of the bar scenes were completely necessary). By the way, Lee sooo does not deserve to be with Dee.

The Baltar interrogation stuff was really well done too. And what does he know about Gaeta?

Oh yeah...who were those people who appeared during Baltar's hallucination? Were they humans that had died on New Caprica?[/spoiler:a51830609f]

They were the Final Twenty. It's a plot twist of LOST proportions.

Glyph on
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:
    Gnasty wrote:
    [spoiler:deb5a670a9]I think this episode really succeeded in making me care about the love-quadrangle. All of the scenes involving the four character were done really well, I think (although I don't think all of the bar scenes were completely necessary). By the way, Lee sooo does not deserve to be with Dee.

Oh yeah...who were those people who appeared during Baltar's hallucination? Were they humans that had died on New Caprica?[/spoiler:deb5a670a9]

They were the Final Twenty. It's a plot twist of LOST proportions.

Don't you even joke about that shit.

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    <3 Baltar <3

The show is picking up some serious speed again and it's all his fault. Zarek is going to be in the next episode, too? Cygasm!

Anyways, about Felix Gaeta prior to the Adama treatment...
    [spoiler:1c9e6f8d07]What's his background again? Did he spend more time in the fleet than Boomer? He'd be a pretty good cylon as far as Three's apologies go, wouldn't he?

Of course even if he isn't a cylon, I bet that's what Baltar said to him if just to piss him off ;)[/spoiler:1c9e6f8d07]

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DeepQantas wrote:
    <3 Baltar <3

The show is picking up some serious speed again and it's all his fault. Zarek is going to be in the next episode, too? Cygasm!

Anyways, about Felix Gaeta prior to the Adama treatment...
    [spoiler:11a41867eb]What's his background again? Did he spend more time in the fleet than Boomer? He'd be a pretty good cylon as far as Three's apologies go, wouldn't he?

Of course even if he isn't a cylon, I bet that's what Baltar said to him if just to piss him off ;)[/spoiler:11a41867eb]

[spoiler:11a41867eb]No way. Falsely accusing someone of being Cylon is pretty weak. Kinda like going around calling people terrorists. Plus, no one would believe him.

It looked like a bigger secret than that, and it looked real. Seems Gaeta did something pretty bad during the occupation. My guess is he was playing both sides. He was feeding information to the resistance on one side, and helping the Cylons on the other. That way, no matter who won at the end, he'd come out on top... provided neither side figured it out.[/spoiler:11a41867eb]

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I guess I'm the only one who thought that episode was fucking terrible.

[spoiler:adb7197ad1] It didn't resolve anything at all. It was just another jerk off about a bunch of stuff we already knew. Lee Adam is a little pussy and Kara Thrace is a total psycho bitch. Neither of them deserve their marriages and their significant others deserve a lot more. Anders is just a little punk now, "Woe is me, Kara you must have a destiny so I'm going to put up with your bullshit and you can cheat on me because I don't respect myself." It's just nauseating - a far cry from the urban warrior trying to survive against all odds, huh? I couldn't care any less than I already do on how that love story ends.

The only thing that was kind of cool was to see, once again, Roslin has the huevos to do what is done. It's also nice to see Baltar back in action as well.

It's just like this episode didn't add anything. It didn't give you anything new, no new information that you didn't already have. You could have completely missed that episode and you wouldn't have missed anything important.

Boo I say. Boo. [/spoiler:adb7197ad1]

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
This discussion has been closed.