Options

Battlestar Galactica: Xena, Warrior Cylon

• Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Why does everyone want everything resolved every damn episode.

Either enjoy the long strung out story lines or move on .. jesus...

Part of the magic in the writing is that you can associate with the characters, the stress they are under, the timeline... this isn't a sitcom where the main character can resolve her life crisis in the last 5 minutes w/ and anecdote.

Battlestar:Galactica... form your line here

Everybody loves raymond ... get the fuck out!

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    RoundBoy wrote:

Lifetimes of being trained to watch shitty TV storytelling.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Id like to see some space battles plz. Also where the hell are the Cylons? Are they just doing their own thing for now? That's cool I guess, but I thought they had multiple fleets/basestars which would kinda make each group of skin jobs semi-independent. Or are there only a few rez ships?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    RoundBoy wrote:
    Part of the magic in the writing is that you can associate with the characters, the stress they are under, the timeline... this isn't a sitcom where the main character can resolve her life crisis in the last 5 minutes w/ and anecdote.
    That made me think of Star Trek.

Then I realized Prime Directive would've probably prevented both cylon wars. ;)

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    RoundBoy wrote:

Either enjoy the long strung out story lines or move on .. jesus...

Battlestar:Galactica... form your line here

Everybody loves raymond ... get the fuck out!

That's just it though, the episodes haven't been going anywhere for a while now. Seasons 1, 2, and first quarter of 3 had good shit every episode. The pace was kept up, every week some things got resolved, some answers given but the plot moved forward!

[spoiler:e68504b5f1] This middle of the third season looks like it's just spinning around in circles. None of the mysteries are even all that interesting - it's just a bunch of nonsense tacked on every episode that is never even moving forward to a resolution. Instead we see the same shit every week and no one is making any ground. Every week adds a whole host of plotlines that aren't even mentioned in the next episode (How about the sattelite they found in that Cylon Basestar? for example)

If they are building all this up in a monumental season finale, awesome. But I have the feeling this is just going to tailspin out of control and we're going to have another Lost shortly.[/spoiler:e68504b5f1]

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    How can you even argue things didn't get partially resolved in this ep? The entire Baltar/Adama+Roslin scenes were moving the plot forward. Just because the viewer knows something doesn't mean the characters know.

StormyWaters on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    That's just it though, the episodes haven't been going anywhere for a while now. Seasons 1, 2, and first quarter of 3 had good shit every episode. The pace was kept up, every week some things got resolved, some answers given but the plot moved forward!

[spoiler:62d8d1023e] This middle of the third season looks like it's just spinning around in circles. None of the mysteries are even all that interesting - it's just a bunch of nonsense tacked on every episode that is never even moving forward to a resolution. Instead we see the same shit every week and no one is making any ground. Every week adds a whole host of plotlines that aren't even mentioned in the next episode (How about the sattelite they found in that Cylon Basestar? for example)

If they are building all this up in a monumental season finale, awesome. But I have the feeling this is just going to tailspin out of control and we're going to have another Lost shortly.[/spoiler:62d8d1023e]

[spoiler:62d8d1023e]The satellite? The one that killed all the Cylons that touched it, and that the Colonials didn't have time to examine? The one that got destroyed when the Basestar is was in exploded? I don't think there's much left to say about it.

Plotlines are moving forward. The fleet keeps finding new directions towards earth (though they don't find a trace of the 13th tribe every damn episode). The Lee/Kara/etc. love square is falling apart (slowly, as even in real life people don't just give up on about 2 years of marriage overnight). Baltar's life has certainly been moving (from scientist to president to collaborator to cylon prisoner to colonial prisoner). We saw the resolution of leftover anger from those people who were left behind on New Caprica (so there's on thread that got resolved over several episodes).

In fact, the only plotline I can think off that was forgotten after one episode is the one from Black Market. And that was in Season 2. Can you point out which plotlines were forgotten in Season 3?[/spoiler:62d8d1023e]

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    yakulyakul Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Next week:
    [spoiler:6e16f04726]Tom Zarek[/spoiler:6e16f04726]
    Fuck yeah

yakul on
  • Options
    StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    yakul wrote:
    Next week:
    [spoiler:23ce162ccb]Tom Zarek[/spoiler:23ce162ccb]
    Fuck yeah

About time, I was happy to see him in the 'last time' segment.

StormyWaters on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Richy wrote:
    [spoiler:552aef4294]In fact, the only plotline I can think off that was forgotten after one episode is the one from Black Market. And that was in Season 2.[/spoiler:552aef4294]
    I've always fanwanked it away by saying Fisk's ship got disabled/destroyed when Cloud Nine went tits-up.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    I guess I'm the only one who thought that episode was fucking terrible.

[spoiler:96eb1be428] It didn't resolve anything at all. It was just another jerk off about a bunch of stuff we already knew. Lee Adam is a little pussy and Kara Thrace is a total psycho bitch. Neither of them deserve their marriages and their significant others deserve a lot more. Anders is just a little punk now, "Woe is me, Kara you must have a destiny so I'm going to put up with your bullshit and you can cheat on me because I don't respect myself." It's just nauseating - a far cry from the urban warrior trying to survive against all odds, huh? I couldn't care any less than I already do on how that love story ends.

The only thing that was kind of cool was to see, once again, Roslin has the huevos to do what is done. It's also nice to see Baltar back in action as well.

It's just like this episode didn't add anything. It didn't give you anything new, no new information that you didn't already have. You could have completely missed that episode and you wouldn't have missed anything important.

Boo I say. Boo. [/spoiler:96eb1be428]
    [spoiler:96eb1be428]They found out Baltar was responsible, if unintentionally, for the initial attack on the colonies. That fact being common knowledge is probably going to be a big plot point.[/spoiler:96eb1be428]

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    I guess I'm the only one who thought that episode was fucking terrible.

[spoiler:075403a2ba] It didn't resolve anything at all. It was just another jerk off about a bunch of stuff we already knew. Lee Adam is a little pussy and Kara Thrace is a total psycho bitch. Neither of them deserve their marriages and their significant others deserve a lot more. Anders is just a little punk now, "Woe is me, Kara you must have a destiny so I'm going to put up with your bullshit and you can cheat on me because I don't respect myself." It's just nauseating - a far cry from the urban warrior trying to survive against all odds, huh? I couldn't care any less than I already do on how that love story ends.

The only thing that was kind of cool was to see, once again, Roslin has the huevos to do what is done. It's also nice to see Baltar back in action as well.

It's just like this episode didn't add anything. It didn't give you anything new, no new information that you didn't already have. You could have completely missed that episode and you wouldn't have missed anything important.

Boo I say. Boo. [/spoiler:075403a2ba]
    [spoiler:075403a2ba]They found out Baltar was responsible, if unintentionally, for the initial attack on the colonies. That fact being common knowledge is probably going to be a big plot point.[/spoiler:075403a2ba]

Yeah, he's got terrible luck. It's like being made director of a new nuclear reactor and your employees finding out that you lied about medical coverage, after which the entire town traces the meltdown of the previous reactor back to a fused circuit, which was the result of your shoddy wiring when you were still in lower management.

Glyph on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    plus I thought it was just a great episode all around whether anything was specifically learned or not. I mean, that's not the only goal of character-based drama.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Reading that with your Av. is hi-larious.

Malkor on
  • Options
    chronoboundgearchronoboundgear Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I thought all the non-love stuff was really good, but if they could manage to not spend half the episode on the love square/rectangle/kite would be appreciated by moi. I do, however, think a lot of stuff moved forward. Hopefully some more action will occur soon, and hopefully a black mist monster that finishes the deed after a polar bear doesn't finish off killing the religious guy won't be included.

chronoboundgear on
    Xbox 360 Tag: Earthbound King

Every fights a food fight when you're a cannibal.
  • Options
    DuckterPepperDuckterPepper Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    i would enjoy the love square drama if Kara wouldn't just be a Psychobitch that fears commitment. I began to hate her after she [spoiler:c6a0fbdddb] spend the night with Lee, yelling i love Lee into the sky and that marrying Anders... what a bitchmove... I can understand she fears a relationship with Lee because he is the brother of her dead ex-lover, he is the son of her boss and he is higher in rank and all that, but seriously, that is no excuse for THAT.[/spoiler:c6a0fbdddb]

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kara is the avatar of Artemis. Fear of commitment to a relationship plays into that archetype very, very strongly.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Kara is the avatar of Artemis. Fear of commitment to a relationship plays into that archetype very, very strongly.

But does it really make sense to forego commitment with someone you really like in favor of commitment with someone you kind of like? That's a no-win.

Glyph on
  • Options
    edited January 2007

sure, but it's still psycho to hurt Lee that much. i mean, getting commited to another guy to escape and hurt the one you love... but she obviously has a real talent for auto-destruct-mode...

and what really pissed me off [spoiler:0c88744600]"it's ok to cheat on my husband for fun, but i won't divorce him no way. it's sacred"[/spoiler:0c88744600]

edit: Glyph: exactly my point. but Kara is not about logic anyway, see spoiler tag

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007

sure, but it's still psycho to hurt Lee that much. i mean, getting commited to another guy to escape and hurt the one you love... but she obviously has a real talent for auto-destruct-mode...

and what really pissed me off [spoiler:02eff76eaf]"it's ok to cheat on my husband for fun, but i won't divorce him no way. it's sacred"[/spoiler:02eff76eaf]

edit: Glyph: exactly my point. but Kara is not about logic anyway, see spoiler tag

I also kind of figured that marriages would be considered an outdated practice by that time, supposing it's the future. Or at least secularized considerably. But then I also figured they should've cured cancer and near-sightedness.

The whole "destiny" thing might be a factor in her alien logic.

Glyph on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:

and what really pissed me off [spoiler:1e8a1a9459]"it's ok to cheat on my husband for fun, but i won't divorce him no way. it's sacred"[/spoiler:1e8a1a9459]

I also kind of figured that marriages would be considered an outdated practice by that time, supposing it's the future. Or at least secularized considerably. But then I also figured they should've cured cancer and near-sightedness.

we don't know if their time is in the future related to earth. hell, they could find earth and say hi to the dinos for all we know... so their understanding of marriage is totally different then ours, since they have another religious background. but they DID find a cure for cancer by the way...

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:

and what really pissed me off [spoiler:b018dbf9f8]"it's ok to cheat on my husband for fun, but i won't divorce him no way. it's sacred"[/spoiler:b018dbf9f8]

we don't know if their time is in the future related to earth. hell, they could find earth and say hi to the dinos for all we know... so their understanding of marriage is totally different then ours, since they have another religious background. but they DID find a cure for cancer by the way...

First, if they do find Earth and it's prehistoric, I will personally throttle Ronald D. Moore. Second, their religion and nomenclature isn't "totally different" from ours because it's steeped heavily in European (specifically Greek, Roman and Baltic) cultural roots. Third, I don't count that borderline deux ex cure as accurately attesting to their overall advancement in the field of medical science, but I guess that's beside the point.

Glyph on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:
    Glyph wrote:

and what really pissed me off [spoiler:71439c87c7]"it's ok to cheat on my husband for fun, but i won't divorce him no way. it's sacred"[/spoiler:71439c87c7]

First, if they do find Earth and it's prehistoric, I will personally throttle Ronald D. Moore. Second, their religion and nomenclature isn't "totally different" from ours because it's steeped heavily in European (specifically Greek, Roman and Baltic) cultural roots. Third, I don't count that borderline deux ex cure as accurately attesting to their overall advancement in the field of medical science, but I guess that's beside the point.

i will help you throttle, you can trust me on that.

Yes, their religion is close to our culture, but look around (our) earth, even on ONE planet we have like 20 different understandings of marriage. Polygamic for the win!

i think both lee and kara married a little TOO fast, for being THAT strict with "keeping the sacred marriage" alive...

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:7aca631180]I don't know guys, I was kind of pissed at the "he will have a trial" bit at the end. I mean, really, that just said to me "bunch of episodes where even less will happen", because the trial won't be Baltar revealing new information and the colonials acting on it, it'll be old information we've heard before.

This better be fucking going somewhere, because not going somewhere is getting a little tiresome.[/spoiler:7aca631180]

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:4e250cd031]I don't know guys, I was kind of pissed at the "he will have a trial" bit at the end. I mean, really, that just said to me "bunch of episodes where even less will happen", because the trial won't be Baltar revealing new information and the colonials acting on it, it'll be old information we've heard before.

This better be fucking going somewhere, because not going somewhere is getting a little tiresome.[/spoiler:4e250cd031]

i think the main focus will not be the [spoiler:4e250cd031]trial[/spoiler:4e250cd031] but rather the reaction and chaos that will be caused, when the public knows [spoiler:4e250cd031]that Baltar is alive and back and is/was the traitor[/spoiler:4e250cd031]...

and for being that rooted to greece mythology and all that, the humans on BSG don't seem to understand the greek concept of democracy very well... this episode again was a demonstration of what is wrong about guantanamo. But i can't really see the authors trying to be critics of the current us regime at all... or did i miss that part? i mean this time we are talking about a human being, one of their own, not a cylon...

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I'm scared...

I was just having a chat with a friend about how its going slowly, and that we think they've decided earth will be the season 3 finale, so we're in for a lot of "winding down filler"

He went to TV.com and sent me the single sentence summaries... (spoilered for the more sensitive, but they dont really give anything away)

[spoiler:45e7ffba4f]Next week:
    Helo investigates the claims of Sagittarons that a doctor is discriminating against them by providing substandard medical care.

Then:
    Adama faces the memory of his late wife and their marriage as he marks his wedding anniversary. (also called "a day in the life"...)[/spoiler:45e7ffba4f]

I'm not pretending that is any REAL indication, but lets just say that it didnt fill us with confidence...

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fallingman wrote:
    I'm scared...

I was just having a chat with a friend about how its going slowly, and that we think they've decided earth will be the season 3 finale, so we're in for a lot of "winding down filler"

He went to TV.com and sent me the single sentence summaries... (spoilered for the more sensitive, but they dont really give anything away)

[spoiler:26f24b2f59]Next week:
    Helo investigates the claims of Sagittarons that a doctor is discriminating against them by providing substandard medical care.

Then:
    Adama faces the memory of his late wife and their marriage as he marks his wedding anniversary. (also called "a day in the life"...)[/spoiler:26f24b2f59]

I'm not pretending that is any REAL indication, but lets just say that it didnt fill us with confidence...

Come on now ... BSG can produce some pretty kick ass 'everyday' episodes over the average sitcom .. And Adama doesn't need to puch someone to do it.

Although I *do* find myself longing for a good episode with a kick ass space battle ala the first season around the tyllium asteroid and hiding the vipers in cargo containers.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Fucking Christ, when did you people forget this show is all about character growth and politics? You pine away for space battles and decry character arcs, but this show was never about that shit. I don't want 20 straight episodes of fucking dogfights.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Well I'd like one or two.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Fucking Christ, when did you people forget this show is all about character growth and politics? You pine away for space battles and decry character arcs, but this show was never about that shit. I don't want 20 straight episodes of fucking dogfights.

word, bro!

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

Its not that they have character arcs, its that they have character arcs for characters they have managed to make me not care about.

Starbuck? Annoys the hell out of me.
    L'il Adama? *snore*

The purpose of these things is make me care about their characters. I'm not bemoaning the fact that they put more effort into their development, I'm bemoaning the fact that they used to do it better. The characters felt real.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:e7c89842be]I don't know guys, I was kind of pissed at the "he will have a trial" bit at the end. I mean, really, that just said to me "bunch of episodes where even less will happen", because the trial won't be Baltar revealing new information and the colonials acting on it, it'll be old information we've heard before.

This better be fucking going somewhere, because not going somewhere is getting a little tiresome.[/spoiler:e7c89842be]

i think the main focus will not be the [spoiler:e7c89842be]trial[/spoiler:e7c89842be] but rather the reaction and chaos that will be caused, when the public knows [spoiler:e7c89842be]that Baltar is alive and back and is/was the traitor[/spoiler:e7c89842be]...

and for being that rooted to greece mythology and all that, the humans on BSG don't seem to understand the greek concept of democracy very well... this episode again was a demonstration of what is wrong about guantanamo. But i can't really see the authors trying to be critics of the current us regime at all... or did i miss that part? i mean this time we are talking about a human being, one of their own, not a cylon...

[spoiler:e7c89842be]Don't forget about the bonus scene. If the trial goes underway and Caprica Six stays true to her word, she could have plenty of new information to share. And with the colonials now aware of the whole five cylons/five pillars thing, they might get her to start explaining that.[/spoiler:e7c89842be]

Cantide on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fallingman wrote:

Its not that they have character arcs, its that they have character arcs for characters they have managed to make me not care about.

Starbuck? Annoys the hell out of me.
    L'il Adama? *snore*

The purpose of these things is make me care about their characters. I'm not bemoaning the fact that they put more effort into their development, I'm bemoaning the fact that they used to do it better. The characters felt real.

So basically...you don't care about some of the major characters involved. They can't do 20 episodes of Adama/Roslin, and Tigh got his limelight on New Caprica so...who's left? They even highlighted Gaeta last episode, and the Chief. From where I'm standing, they keep things going with all of the major and minor players, as they have always done since season 1.

Last episode was great, my only complaint is like the episode prior it seems almost too rushed, there's SO much stuff to go over, heck they didn't even get to Caprica Six, from that deleted scene. They have all this material that they have to shove into the timeslot, and it kills me that it's restrained by what they need to accomplish in a season. The Baltar scene was intense, and I love how Adama and Roslin almost work like a couple now, yet aren't. Very old school-ish.

The Lee/Kara thing has always been a point, however subtle within the series, it's simply coming to a head FINALLY, since the last two seasons were mostly teasers about their feelings. It's nice to see it advance, I'm not sure why some people would just want to let it stagnate and pretend like it never happened.

(Note: Spoilers shouldn't be needed for this post)

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Ah. This episode had potential I didn't feel was really capitalised. [spoiler:228067ea74]Lee/Starbuck/Anders/Dualla are an unsympathetic bunch. They're all retards for staying together. What used to make BSG great is that you could understand why people did stupid things. But there doesn't seem to be any good reason why these relationships haven't ended already. Infidelity, distrust, ambivalence, permission to break it all off... and yet they still do it. Not real.

And Baltar's drug induced visions were Trek-ish, particularly Adama's Booming Creepy Evil God voice. So unnecessary. Although Laura's insane interrogation techniques were awesome to behold, and I really liked how Tigh and Laura's relationship post-New Caprica was evident. This is the guy who lead the squadron to relieve her of her presidency not too long ago![/spoiler:228067ea74]

I give it four hmm's out of a possible OMGAWESOME.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I still maintain that the last episode was terrible.

As for character arcs...

[spoiler:1a2f67eea9] Kara Thrace is all but a lost cause. She has no purpose anymore. In earlier seasons she was a rebel pilot; but she at least had her head on her shoulders. She went through some serious shit (Operation / Anders / Retrieving the Arrow) but came through it and was better for it. Then, at some point, she just went batshit loco and it got old. The Lee / Kara thing was interesting for a while; but it didn't require several episodes to discuss. Further, can we all remember that Kara fucked Baltar of all people? She'll fuck anything or anyone who wants her - so no, I'm not convinced that she loves Anders or Lee. She 'believes in marriage', but also cheats at every opportunity. She finally fucks Lee, then marries Anders. It's just nonsense. She's gone from a broken - flawed character that was mildly interesting to just a trainwreck and I have no enjoyment in watching it.

Lee is just as absurd. His brother, Zak, is killed by Kara but he still loves her. Ok, that's some difficulty I can get behind. Then, out of fucking NO WHERE he is in love with Dee. Do you remember the episode that ties Dee and Lee together? It was the 5 seconds of them practicing hand to hand combat with one *long look* that tells us their going to get together. No courtship, just BAM, they're in love. I'm also livid that they just took Billy out of the running. Billy and Dee had a connection and courtship from the miniseries that went on for a really long time and they just cut him out and put Lee in. That was fine as long as it didn't take up much camera time, but that jarring displacement all of a sudden is center stage.

So, yes, I want some fucking dog fights and some fucking explosions and some god damn action. This show always had the best of both worlds. Like on New Caprica, action and character development. It's always been that way; except now we're watching the same shit hashed out over and over and over again.

As for the love-kite? Fuck, that's not over and we all know it. Lee gets drunk, thinks he loves Dee, then longingly looks at Starbuck across the bar. Fuck, how much more of this shit do we have to put up with?

On a related note, does anyone else think its a terrible idea to have a bar on Galactica? I mean not hte little still they had before, but a huge bar that civillians go to?[/spoiler:1a2f67eea9]

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    [spoiler:3f50a505a3]On a related note, does anyone else think its a terrible idea to have a bar on Galactica? I mean not hte little still they had before, but a huge bar that civillians go to?[/spoiler:3f50a505a3]

It reminds me of the pool hall on the Holodeck on Voyager. And for this, I dislike it.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    [spoiler:04f1f03e22]On a related note, does anyone else think its a terrible idea to have a bar on Galactica? I mean not hte little still they had before, but a huge bar that civillians go to?[/spoiler:04f1f03e22]

It reminds me of the pool hall on the Holodeck on Voyager. And for this, I dislike it.

[spoiler:04f1f03e22] Just seeing Lee stumble around in front of his crew for however long made me think "You know, they probably shouldn't have a full bar on a military ship."[/spoiler:04f1f03e22]

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    [spoiler:a149d75112]On a related note, does anyone else think its a terrible idea to have a bar on Galactica? I mean not hte little still they had before, but a huge bar that civillians go to?[/spoiler:a149d75112]

[spoiler:a149d75112] Just seeing Lee stumble around in front of his crew for however long made me think "You know, they probably shouldn't have a full bar on a military ship."[/spoiler:a149d75112]

[spoiler:a149d75112]Seeing Lee stumble around in front of his crew made me think "Man, has that guy ever had a drink before?"[/spoiler:a149d75112]

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Richy wrote:
    [spoiler:639a28f57c]Seeing Lee stumble around in front of his crew made me think "Man, has that guy ever had a drink before?"[/spoiler:639a28f57c]

[spoiler:639a28f57c]Seeing Lee stumble around in front of his crew made me think "Man, has that guy ever had an acting class before?"[/spoiler:639a28f57c]

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    They're in space, the rest of their civilization has just been wiped out. They need to let off some steam. But how long have they been in space for? Three or so years? I guess in the beginning it was constant fighting and such, and then they were occupied by the Cylons, so for at least a little while Adama needs to be lax on the rules and regs, but there's no way officers are gonna keep drinking all night before they're on duty.

Malkor on
This discussion has been closed.