As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlestar Galactica: Xena, Warrior Cylon

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Did anyone else notice that Roslin seemed to be "feel" whatever caused the power shutdown in the last episode? Anyway.

I like the idea that all five needed to be there - maybe if they could have completed the song, something might have happened.

august on
  • Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    august wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that Roslin seemed to be "feel" whatever caused the power shutdown in the last episode? Anyway.

I like the idea that all five needed to be there - maybe if they could have completed the song, something might have happened.
    They could have... formed a band?

Anyway, I once would have poo-poo'd the idea of Lee being a Cylon (what with Bill Adama knowing him all his life and everything), but after the Season 3 finale, I'm not discounting anything. They definitely left plenty of loose ends, so just about anything could happen at this point.

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Don't forget way back when where Leoben said "Adama is a cylon".

At the time I thought it was bullshit. But who knows?

Al_wat on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »

Hell, did he mean William or Lee?

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    At the time I thought he meant William. But all he ever said was "Adama", so no one really knows.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, that was what first got me thinking about it.

And... you know... as much as Leoben is an evil bastard, he is pretty much never wrong, one way or the other.

He actually does see stuff, which I hope they will explain some time in this coming season. Because none of the other Cylons can see the future.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't like the idea of Bill Adama or Roslyn being Cylons. The idea that the few surviving humans are being led by Cylons makes the whole thing somewhat pointless IMO.

Regarding the idea that all five Cylons were supposed to meet at the end of season 3 but one of them bailed out... I don't think that's true. The four new Cylons at the end of Season 3 meet around a square, not a pentagon. Visually, the scene was setup for four people, not five.

Plus, why wouldn't Lee hear the music? Everything we saw in the last two episodes showed that the other Cylons all heard the music at the same time. One of them heard it while being stone drunk and testifying in court, another one in flight training, another one while working, then all heard it at the end in the middle of a crisis. So I don't buy this "he was too preoccupied to hear the music" theory. If anything, hearing the music seemed to overrule all other concerns in the other Cylons, not to be covered up by them.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »

That bugs me too. If the writers were set on Kara's destiny since the beginning, as evidenced by the painting, it's unlikely that this will be forgotten as a loose end or red herring.

Glyph on
  • Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's been a while since I've watched any of the episodes, but were Kara and Lee's brother married or just 'together'?

BlazeFire on
  • Options
    IShallRiseAgainIShallRiseAgain Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Yeah, that was what first got me thinking about it.

And... you know... as much as Leoben is an evil bastard, he is pretty much never wrong, one way or the other.

He actually does see stuff, which I hope they will explain some time in this coming season. Because none of the other Cylons can see the future.

I think its because he is the only one who listens to the hybrids, and doesn't believe they are just saying random gibberish.

IShallRiseAgain on
    Alador239.png
  • Options
    TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    It's been a while since I've watched any of the episodes, but were Kara and Lee's brother married or just 'together'?
    In the miniseries it was established that Kara passed Zac because he had proposed. She didn't want to hurt his feelings even though he couldn't fly well. He died soon after they had gotten engaged. (It might have even been the next flight).

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kve1oGPjf8&mode=related&search=

I may well rip the audio from this. Just because.

area on
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    BlazeFire wrote: »

They swung.

Glyph on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    area wrote: »

Funny, sounds like something Weird Al would write

VoodooV on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

This is full of justice and win.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I like your slanted walls and your A-shaped halls...

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Guys.

Guys.

There is a horrible rumour going around that Season 4 will be split into two ten-episode seasons.

area on
  • Options
    ZalbinionZalbinion Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Guys.

Guys.

There is a horrible rumour going around that Season 4 will be split into two ten-episode seasons.

I really hope it's a joke, but Sci Fi Channel is full of just enough stupid to try this. I can see them trying to get the benefits of two seasons while paying for just one; hopefully, if it's true, there'd be a strike on set or MGM/Universal fit-pitching to stop it.

Zalbinion on
  • Options
    Mithrandir86Mithrandir86 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Zalbinion wrote: »
    Guys.

Guys.

I really hope it's a joke, but Sci Fi Channel is full of just enough stupid to try this. I can see them trying to get the benefits of two seasons while paying for just one; hopefully, if it's true, there'd be a strike on set or MGM/Universal fit-pitching to stop it.

I don't think they will strike. These guys still get their paycheck no matter what SciFi does to distribute the episodes. What would really be great is if they finished all the episodes, and during the hiatus period, some guy accidentally leaks all 10 of the missing episodes.

Mithrandir86 on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Guys.

Guys.

I do believe someone is going to die if this turns out being true.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So they make us wait a year, then they punch us in the nuts by saying "oh, we're going to give you half, then make you wait another year."

If it's true, I'll just say screw it and catch it when they do a season 4 BSGathon.

MKR on
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Honestly, this is just the next logical leap from the 4-month "midseason break" we got last season. Not surprised.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    but I can't wait to buy the season 4 box set, then season 4.5 later on! I have too much disposible income!

What I hope happens is that the US gets a 10- break - 10, while Canada chooses to air all 20 in a row, as they tend to do with other series.

Then just somehow 'find' them on the interwebs and watch easily. Then buy seasons as they come out.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Bitstream wrote: »
    Honestly, this is just the next logical leap from the 4-month "midseason break" we got last season. Not surprised.

Hmmm, that's true, we probably could have seen this coming.

If it's true then I'll try to just hold out for the DVDs, and send Sci-Fi an email to the tune of "For the love of god, I'm never ever going to watch another episode of Flash Gordon or any of your other ridiculously crappy shows unless you air Battlestar Galactica in full."

Zalbinion on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    or just send an email to the tune of "For the love of god, I refuse to watch ECW or Flash Gordon or 99% of the crap you throw on this channel.. could you please use the cash to fund more shows like BSG that actually give a damn ?"

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    If this is true, I am going to find something and break it.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I hope these things are rules and you post links to the rest of the season outside the US.

cuz thas some bullshit.

edit- PS: Is Flash Gordon really that bad?

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    deowolf wrote: »

I hope these things are rules and you post links to the rest of the season outside the US.

cuz thas some bullshit.

edit- PS: Is Flash Gordon really that bad?

If you think mansquito 2 answered many unanswered questions from Mansquito 1, while leaving a little bit of mystery itself... then you'll love it.

The rest of us enjoy an intelligence bracket somewhat higher then 'Paste Eater'

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I, for one, think BSG is at its best with a more focused season- I found Season 2 and Season 3 both had stretches of filler that could have been cut without harming the overall storyline. I think Ron Moore and company might prefer shorter seasons.

EDIT: Not to say that this is the same thing. This is sci-fi being retarded.

Professor Phobos on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    God that would piss me off.

Accualt on
  • Options
    baddmanbaddman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I attended the panel at DragonCon the rumor link speaks of. The panelists bashed SciFi for an hour and they were dead serious that they heard the split of season 4 for a year was a possibility.

When asked how SciFi could possibly screw up BSG any more, Aaron Douglas responded "SciFi is used to making total crap. Then they made something awesome and had no idea what to do with it. Seriously, how many of you enjoyed Mansquito 2?"

Chief Tyrol is my god damn hero.

baddman on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hooray for Sci-Fi. Good job keeping Speculative Fiction in the artistic ghetto in American culture. Fuck, they know that I'm a vapid escapist with no social skills, if they started producing quality programming I might get confused and gassy.

What the fuck happened to Caprica? I hope Moore goes to fucking HBO or some shit after this for his next project.

august on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    august wrote: »
    Hooray for Sci-Fi. Good job keeping Speculative Fiction in the artistic ghetto in American culture. Fuck, they know that I'm a vapid escapist with no social skills, if they started producing quality programming I might get confused and gassy.

What the fuck happened to Caprica? I hope Moore goes to fucking HBO or some shit after this for his next project.

Wasn't Carnivale on HBO? Ron Moore might not be so hot on them if so. There's always someone else, though, Showtime or something.

Why must wanting good sci-fi TV feel as futile as wishing for pet unicorns?

Zalbinion on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I like Eureka.

And liked the Dresden Files.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    I like Eureka.

And liked the Dresden Files.

Hmmm. I should probably try to be fair to the cast and crews of these shows and give them a fair shake; it's just so hard when Sci Fi has burned us in the past.

Zalbinion on
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    They canceled Dresden, and Painkiller Jane on the side.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    OtistheGuardOtistheGuard Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Eureka is definitely good. You should check it out.

OtistheGuard on
    SC2: Cleomenes.943
    XBL: Aspis 9
    Lotro (Landroval): Cleomenes [Champion], Ilithano [Captain]
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I just learned the other day Dresden Files was canceled as i scoured the fall listings to build my Tivo passes.

I am not happy. That show was pretty good. Eureka rocks as well, but Im just waiting for it to be canceled for another hour of ECW.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    I just learned the other day Dresden Files was canceled as i scoured the fall listings to build my Tivo passes.

I am not happy. That show was pretty good. Eureka rocks as well, but Im just waiting for it to be canceled for another hour of ECW.

Haha that's what I said above. They are cancelling shows left and right without giving them a chance. I hear the new CEO's a bastard who hate's sci-fi, but who knows.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    just wish they'd get rid of all these shitty cheesy as hell C grade sci-fi movies they always show on the weekends.

mutated crocadiles and boas and god knows what else...how the hell do these movies get greenlighted in the first place?

VoodooV on
This discussion has been closed.