Options

Battlestar Galactica: Xena, Warrior Cylon

• Options
    chronoboundgearchronoboundgear Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So, I missed the first 20 minutes because of that damn football game, but at least the Pats lost. I hope I didn't miss anything too important. I wish we would've gotten a little more information.

chronoboundgear on
    Xbox 360 Tag: Earthbound King

Every fights a food fight when you're a cannibal.
  • Options
    NovaNova Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    An awful lot happened. This could easily have been two episodes.

Nova on
    To read makes our speaking English good.
  • Options
    MerovingiMerovingi regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, actually.. toward the end I think they kinda sped things up a little too quickly but I'm not going to complain too much since things actually happened rather than pushing them till next-week. In fact, I:

[spoiler:a4b7cf708c]kind of missed how Sharon and her kid managed to escape with Six.. that must have happened when I left the room.. spast![/spoiler:a4b7cf708c]

Merovingi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Ahhh... you sons of bitches. How much longer do I have to wait before it's up?!?

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sockpuppets!

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gods frakking dammit. I was just looking up the time scheduling of this episode on TV.com and some asshole posted the spoiler on the front page. Someone's losing a testicle.

[spoiler:020a317a6d]HOW THE FRAK DO YOU KILL A FRAKKING CYLON? I have no idea but I guess finding out will still be something to look forward to.[/spoiler:020a317a6d]

Glyph on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:54bf7bac5f]I wish they gave Boomer a larger role. Everything that has happened to her has basically turned her into a monster. I know that she said the cylons should just leave mankind alone, but if they gave her some kind of motivation to want to kill humanity it would be so awesome. I don't really know how they would do that, but still, it would practically be a total 360 from how her character originally started out and would lead to some interesting interactions with all of the other characters (of course, I don't know how it would be possible for her to interact with any of the human characters). Anyway, just rambling.

So, Kara is one of the final five? They didn't completely confirm it, which almost worries me, because it leaves them open with the possibility of having it turn out that she isn't one of the final five, and I would be really disappointed if BSG pulled that after hinting so strongly that she is one of the five.

I'm gonna miss D'Anna. She was one of my favorite characters. Oh well, there wasn't that much they could do with her character after this episode anyway.

Caprica and Baltar are back on Galactica! Color me excited.[/spoiler:54bf7bac5f]

Concerning the previews:
    [spoiler:54bf7bac5f]They really need to resolve this love-square. Which it looks like they're going to do. Thank God.[/spoiler:54bf7bac5f]

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gnasty wrote:
    [spoiler:cec5f87f49]So, Kara is one of the final five? They didn't completely confirm it, which almost worries me, because it leaves them open with the possibility of having it turn out that she isn't one of the final five, and I would be really disappointed if BSG pulled that after hinting so strongly that she is one of the five.[/spoiler:cec5f87f49]
    Despite the hints, I don't think that's what she'll end up being. I think, rather, that she is Athena incarnate, or Athena's avatar. And I think that's far, far more interesting.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Oh, funny story: Until last week's 24 premier, my dad was under the impression that Baltar was played by the same dude who played Bashir on DS9. Evidently he is not very observant.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gnasty wrote:
    Concerning the previews:
    [spoiler:ed16f4d9f9]They really need to resolve this love-square. Which it looks like they're going to do. Thank God.[/spoiler:ed16f4d9f9]

Consider that: [spoiler:ed16f4d9f9]Baltar has hallucinations of a dead robot woman.

The president has hallucinations about snakes and dead civilizations.

Tyrol hears voices.

Kara drawing a picture isn't something new[/spoiler:ed16f4d9f9]

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    WHY wrote:
    Gnasty wrote:
    Concerning the previews:
    [spoiler:9cd08b5c4d]They really need to resolve this love-square. Which it looks like they're going to do. Thank God.[/spoiler:9cd08b5c4d]

Consider that: [spoiler:9cd08b5c4d]Baltar has hallucinations of a dead robot woman.

Tyrol hears voices.

Kara drawing a picture isn't something new[/spoiler:9cd08b5c4d]

Did you quote the right thing? I was talking about Kara-Lee-Dee-Anders

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Gnasty wrote:
    WHY wrote:
    Gnasty wrote:
    Concerning the previews:
    [spoiler:ac9ffc7c33]They really need to resolve this love-square. Which it looks like they're going to do. Thank God.[/spoiler:ac9ffc7c33]

Consider that: [spoiler:ac9ffc7c33]Baltar has hallucinations of a dead robot woman.

Tyrol hears voices.

Kara drawing a picture isn't something new[/spoiler:ac9ffc7c33]

Did you quote the right thing? I was talking about Kara-Lee-Dee-Anders
    errr... right.

I need to pay more attention.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2007
    Gnasty wrote:
    [spoiler:8ced992be1]So, Kara is one of the final five? They didn't completely confirm it, which almost worries me, because it leaves them open with the possibility of having it turn out that she isn't one of the final five, and I would be really disappointed if BSG pulled that after hinting so strongly that she is one of the five.[/spoiler:8ced992be1]
    Despite the hints, I don't think that's what she'll end up being. I think, rather, that she is Athena incarnate, or Athena's avatar. And I think that's far, far more interesting.

I could see the passing resemblance.

Anyways

[spoiler:8ced992be1]Why is my favorite model cold boxed? She was so well dressed. Half of the clothes I buy are in outfits influenced by cylons.[/spoiler:8ced992be1]

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    So...

[spoiler:a748463bdf]Galactica's holding all the cards now. Baltar, Hera, Caprica Six - Boomer could've gone back too if she hadn't completely lost it. Seriously, she's on the moon now. And the Cylons got bupkiss, which seems to be the pattern. During Exodus, they lost three baseships to one battlestar. Now they lost their favorite Six, the "shape of things to come", the traitor and the only model to have seen the Eye or the Final Five. It's like they all just decided to slack off since screwing the Twelve Colonies.[/spoiler:a748463bdf]

Glyph on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:cbdf3340bc] I've been trying to figure out who the one of the Final Five De'Anna is apologizing too once she interacts with the temple. So far I've decided it cannot be Baltar - from what I can remember, De'Anna hasn't really done anything terrible to Baltar. At least, nothing worse than what the other Cylons have done - so I doubt she would out and out apologize to him after seeing his face.

The way in which De'Anna apologizes leads me to think that whoever she saw was someone she hurt personally. This is the list I have come up with in no particular order:

1. Tigh. Apologizing to him for the removal of the eye and torture on New Caprica.

2. That Red Haired Guy Who Blew Himself Up On New Caprica - This, while a long shot - made the most sense to be originally. De'Anna was running a lot of what was going on down there.

3. The Shaman Girl on New Caprica - I couldn't remember of De'Anna killed her or not. (The same actress who played the insane sister in So I Married an Axe Murderer. She'd be great as a cylon).

What do you guys think?

Also, did anyone notice how De'Anna and Baltar equate the Final Five to the 'face of God'? De'Anna laments how she doesn't know what would happen when she saw the Final Five and Baltar remarks that to know the face of God is to know madness. Isn't this a terrible blasphemy? The Cylons believe in a single God, but De'Anna considers the Final Five to be God rather than just in His image? Seems kind of fishy to me - or just a plot oversight.

Oh, I'm sick of Kara / Lee / Anders / Dualla. They need to clear that shit up. Personally, Lee doesn't deserve Dualla and Kara doesn't deserve Anders. [/spoiler:cbdf3340bc]

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    [spoiler:78ba3ce895]Also, did anyone notice how De'Anna and Baltar equate the Final Five to the 'face of God'? De'Anna laments how she doesn't know what would happen when she saw the Final Five and Baltar remarks that to know the face of God is to know madness. Isn't this a terrible blasphemy? The Cylons believe in a single God, but De'Anna considers the Final Five to be God rather than just in His image? Seems kind of fishy to me - or just a plot oversight.
    [/spoiler:78ba3ce895]

Think "Holy Trinity" monotheism.

Glyph on
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Gnasty wrote:
    [spoiler:c5361d8249]So, Kara is one of the final five? They didn't completely confirm it, which almost worries me, because it leaves them open with the possibility of having it turn out that she isn't one of the final five, and I would be really disappointed if BSG pulled that after hinting so strongly that she is one of the five.[/spoiler:c5361d8249]

What hints?

emp123 on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Big Dookie wrote:
    leaf wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    RoundBoy wrote:
    ..... and why is he getting freaky with Xena?

Have you seen some of those cylons ??

Hint : Feb Playboy issue

Have you seen that issue? Is it worth paying $20 for?

I subscribe so I pay about $20 a year of issues. I dont know if its worth paying $20 just for Tricia. Now if they added the other ladies...

I've only seen a few episodes from the BSG series. That said, I'd do the president. And Starbuck. And Six...and every other female on the main cast, basically. Maybe Baltar.
    I find it interesting that, out of all the female cast members on BSG, the first one that came to your mind was President Roslin.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Little late in response, but man, there is something to be said with experience. Starbuck would have been top of the list, but that depends whether she would be 'in' character or not; I love the aggression and volatile nature of Starbuck, but I don't care for her OOC.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Holy shits.

[spoiler:2408a149a8]I was watching the Helo/Starbuck Caprica episodes and I noticed her painting too! I wonder if it was some kind of happy coincidence or if they'd really planned props and intertwining storylines a good year in advance.

I can't wait to see what they do to Baltar. Oh man.[/spoiler:2408a149a8]

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    ecczi.ecczi. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    [spoiler:45f46f4477] I've been trying to figure out who the one of the Final Five De'Anna is apologizing too once she interacts with the temple. So far I've decided it cannot be Baltar - from what I can remember, De'Anna hasn't really done anything terrible to Baltar. At least, nothing worse than what the other Cylons have done - so I doubt she would out and out apologize to him after seeing his face.

The way in which De'Anna apologizes leads me to think that whoever she saw was someone she hurt personally.[/spoiler:45f46f4477]
    [spoiler:45f46f4477]She almost shot Anders with a Desert Eagle (I hate that gun) ... and that's about it.
    Besides him, she only really interacted with Adama and Gaeta.

It sounded personal, so I don't think she was sorry for something other Cylons did, if that were the case it could also be Tyrol and Cally, as they almost executed her... and hell, other Cylons did something bad to 12 planets worth of people.[/spoiler:45f46f4477]

Anyway, I thought that the episode wasn't worth the wait. At all.

[spoiler:45f46f4477]The whole Temple of Five scene was useless, predictable and really goofy, we didn't learn anything new and that made the loss of a really great Cylon model feel like a waste. I'd rather see her go after doing something important, show changing. Anything, just not "I know something you don't know! Nyah nyah nyah!"
    Gaius also should have returned to Galactica in a more dramatic way than being pistol-whipped like a bitch and shoved in a baggie.

On a side note, they should put Edward James Olmos behind the camera every time Grace Park tries to act, she's really good in scenes with Olmos, but without him... not so much.
    And don't even get me started on the way they're handling Boomer's character development. How the hell does one go from a poor girl who can't accept what she is, to "rawr, I eat babies"?[/spoiler:45f46f4477]

The next episode (or at least the parts with Gaius) should be a lot better, but it will also be really hard to watch. I fully expect them to add razors to the season 3 box set. This is so depressing.

Oh, and could our "dying leader" (please) die already? She's a complete twat.

ecczi. on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:e392f09946]"Hello, Mr. President.

*Whack*[/spoiler:e392f09946]

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    TorgoTorgo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ecczi. wrote:
    [spoiler:482b14a186]How the hell does one go from a poor girl who can't accept what she is, to "rawr, I eat babies"?[/spoiler:482b14a186]

RE: Boomer

Read Televisionwithoutpity synopsis of the last two episodes when you have the time. They REALLY shed light on Boomer's pain.

(Grace Park was fantastic in this episode.)

Torgo on
    History is a spoiler for the future. (Me on Twitter)
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:a6b26cd157]I loved the episode, it was definatly one of those though that could have been a three parter easily. It was jarring coming back to the explosion, the basestars already jumped and the rescue completed. Maybe they'll give us an extended one ala Pegasus. They really have SO much story to tell, I hate that they have to rush through crap for budget/time's sake!

Boomer I think has evolved really well and appropriatly, considering all the shit that she's been through. New Caprica was a big eye opener for her, which she even said herself. I loved how Six just clocked her and snapped her neck, so brutal considering what they've been through. Grace Park does an awesome job with her acting, I can't see how anyone could find much fault with her, but then again the entire cast is pretty much top notch.

Who can hate Roslin? The woman has as big a set of balls on her as Adama. You don't FUCK with the woman, period, end of story. It's nice to see how far she's come since the start of her run as President, hell she should almost be an Empress by now, who the hell is going to dethrone her?

Poor Xena, it's sad to see her go, but it made sense. The reasoning was tight enough, they are obviously NOT supposed to find out who the final five are, they all know that, thus why they were programmed not to. That, and you don't go against the will of the collective unless you can convince them otherwise. Six almost got boxed herself that way, but she was such a hero to them that it saved her arse. Now though...who knows, they might box her line while she's lounging on Galactica.

Speaking of...holy crap, they have the two people responsible for the destruction of their race. Partay time at the airlock? You bet![/spoiler:a6b26cd157]

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Torgo wrote:
    Read Televisionwithoutpity synopsis of the last two episodes when you have the time. They REALLY shed light on Boomer's pain.
    I don't think that televisionwithoutpity.com adds anything that hasn't been said on the show (except for "Sharon recognizes Boomer from the way she walks", haha).
    [spoiler:b83e24d1bc]For ten episodes now we were led to believe that Boomer came to terms with what happened, and while she certainly missed the old life, she was calmer than she ever was on Galactica, and even if she weren't, nothing justified her sudden attempt to murder a baby (and a very important baby at that, a baby that she really cared about in the previous episode).
    I could see a Six doing it, but not an Eight that's the exact same person as "Athena".
    I'm currently watching the whole series from the beginning, and I have to say that the Friendly Cylon Boomer (also a big change from what we saw in earlier seasons) was a lot more "in-character" than this.
    Roslin's transformation into a cold-blooded airlock traffic director was much more logical than this, and she had her reasons for doing so (at least when she was dying, now she's just a crazy bitch).[/spoiler:b83e24d1bc]

I wonder what place will the rest of the Cylons have in the story after this episode, are they back to being faceless tin cans that never seem to pull off a successful attack on the fleet?
    Leoben is the only male Cylon with a trace of hanging plot lines, but we never see him (and it's a damn shame).

ecczi. on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Masume wrote:
    [spoiler:8306d6c82a]Speaking of...holy crap, they have the two people responsible for the destruction of their race. Partay time at the airlock? You bet![/spoiler:8306d6c82a]
    I'd think it's something more like "HEAD-SIX AND HEAD-BALTAR GO ABSOLUTELY BATSHIT" which is about fifteen kinds of awesome

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Masume wrote:
    [spoiler:a51927ed13]Speaking of...holy crap, they have the two people responsible for the destruction of their race. Partay time at the airlock? You bet![/spoiler:a51927ed13]
    I'd think it's something more like "HEAD-SIX AND HEAD-BALTAR GO ABSOLUTELY BATSHIT" which is about fifteen kinds of awesome
    It would be fun, but it sounds like we won't be getting too many kinds of awesome:
    [quote=IGN TV]IGN TV: In episodes coming up, are we going to see that Baltar again, who appears to Caprica?

Helfer: We do have one or two scenes with Baltar appearing to Caprica, yes.
    [/quote]
    Boo for wasted potential.

ecczi. on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    To ecczi: (I would quote you, but for some reason my tags are not functioning).

I think your assumption that Boomer and Athena are the same person is what's tripping you up. They aren't. It's pretty well documented that while the cylons all start as identical - depending on their experiences they become individual people. For example, Boomer knows things Athena does not and vice versa. Admiral Adama remarks that now that Athena is on the basestar, they could obtain her information about Galactica.

It's my theory that when a cylon dies they recieve their *own* memories and not the memories of every other model in their line. If they did, then every time Boomer died she would have known what was going on with Galactica.

So, yeah, not the same person.

As for Athena's reaction:

[spoiler:dc9327ae6c] They didn't show much of it on the show, but I got the feeling that Boomer was attempting to be the child's surrogate mother. I think that was her new purpose in life. She failed at bringing the Cylons and Humans together on New Caprica, she failed at her original human life on Galactica, and she failed integrating into Cylon society. Maybe all she had left was taking care of that child. Then Athena swoops in and calms the kid in no time at all and then Caprica 6 even points out that the child can recognize her mother.

That can't be easy to deal with.[/spoiler:dc9327ae6c]

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    I think your assumption that Boomer and Athena are the same person is what's tripping you up. They aren't. It's pretty well documented that while the cylons all start as identical - depending on their experiences they become individual people.
    Oh, I know that, I've worded it quite badly.
    The difference between our Sharons and other models is that they shared the same experiences, up to the time of the Cylon attack.
    At that point they were basically identical, like Helo and other characters say. There wasn't so much time for them to grow so diametrically different.

[spoiler:823e58b809]Eh, I think I wouldn't mind the scene if it wasn't so sudden, if we had any evidence that Boomer still hasn't accepted her nature, but even in her crazy moment she speaks of herself as if she's one of the Cylon (again, a big change from Downloaded).
    I would even like it more if Boomer's outbreak was just her anger talking, but Caprica's actions (in my opinion) show that she was about to do it, which is insane. I don't enjoy cheap shock moments. I watch this show for delicious, well thought out character development and drama.[/spoiler:823e58b809]

Actually, all of the Cylons' actions in this episode were extremely weird.
    [spoiler:823e58b809]Caprica commits her second murder and betrays the rest of the Cylons.
    Boomer went crazy, was about to kill the first Cylon baby, while another model of the same line continues her betrayal, steals the first child...
    and Threes get boxed?

Why? D'Anna's biggest crime was that she knew a big spoiler :P .
    Do the Cylons think that betrayal and murder are lesser sins than curiosity?
    Because that's the most other Threes have shown, only one thought she was "chosen", while remaining loyal to her race.
    Leoben has also "seen the face of God" (or was it his whole production line?), and everyone's destiny, and he won't shut up about it, but he's safe? Two more female lines and we'll be stuck on Brokeback Basestar.[/spoiler:823e58b809]

I really didn't like the fact that the Cylons are using their fake, "human" names now.
    In season 1 a "Doral" thought it was really strange that Caprica used the name "Sharon", it was supposed to signify Athena becoming "human".
    I understand that the writers are doing this so the audience doesn't get confused, but it's inconsistent and stupid.
    I think we could handle a few more numbers.

ecczi. on
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ecczi. wrote:
    I really didn't like the fact that the Cylons are using their fake, "human" names now.
    In season 1 a "Doral" thought it was really strange that Caprica used the name "Sharon", it was supposed to signify Athena becoming "human".
    I understand that the writers are doing this so the audience doesn't get confused, but it's inconsistent and stupid.
    I think we could handle a few more numbers.

[spoiler:4843edd84b]My opinion? This is on purpose. They've continually showed the Cylons becoming "corrupted" by exposure to the humans, from Boomer to Sharon to CapSix, and now to Xena (who got boxed for her corruption - go Baltar!).
    Any time a Cylon is exposed to humans they immediately start to pick up more individual traits. I think the use of "human" names is an attempt to show this.[/spoiler:4843edd84b]

rattletrap on
  • Options
    Spastic SlothSpastic Sloth Registered User new member
    edited January 2007
    Masume wrote:
    [spoiler:9b8ded1475]I loved the episode, it was definatly one of those though that could have been a three parter easily. It was jarring coming back to the explosion, the basestars already jumped and the rescue completed. Maybe they'll give us an extended one ala Pegasus. They really have SO much story to tell, I hate that they have to rush through crap for budget/time's sake!

Boomer I think has evolved really well and appropriatly, considering all the shit that she's been through. New Caprica was a big eye opener for her, which she even said herself. I loved how Six just clocked her and snapped her neck, so brutal considering what they've been through. Grace Park does an awesome job with her acting, I can't see how anyone could find much fault with her, but then again the entire cast is pretty much top notch.

Who can hate Roslin? The woman has as big a set of balls on her as Adama. You don't FUCK with the woman, period, end of story. It's nice to see how far she's come since the start of her run as President, hell she should almost be an Empress by now, who the hell is going to dethrone her?

Poor Xena, it's sad to see her go, but it made sense. The reasoning was tight enough, they are obviously NOT supposed to find out who the final five are, they all know that, thus why they were programmed not to. That, and you don't go against the will of the collective unless you can convince them otherwise. Six almost got boxed herself that way, but she was such a hero to them that it saved her arse. Now though...who knows, they might box her line while she's lounging on Galactica.

Speaking of...holy crap, they have the two people responsible for the destruction of their race. Partay time at the airlock? You bet![/spoiler:9b8ded1475]

If you watched that 13 minute gag real, you will see Gaeta spell out how long the rescue will take then Tigh says "Gona be a photo finish." but is the show its a little blurb about not much time then Tigh chiming in. DVD deleted scenes perhaps?

First Post!

Spastic Sloth on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ecczi. wrote:
    [spoiler:d830cb796d]Gaius also should have returned to Galactica in a more dramatic way than being pistol-whipped like a bitch and shoved in a baggie.

How the hell does one go from a poor girl who can't accept what she is, to "rawr, I eat babies"?[/spoiler:d830cb796d]

On Gaius:

[spoiler:d830cb796d]I'd pistol-whip him. He's been such a little bitch this whole season, I don't think he deserves anything better.[/spoiler:d830cb796d]

On Boomer:

[spoiler:d830cb796d]Nobody likes her. Her own kind made her think she was human instead of trusting her to infiltrate Galactica willingly. That's pretty fucked up. Then she gets shot by Cally, someone who's quite possibly one of the ugliest characters in the show with no redeeming qualities, but who's now married to her boyfriend and had his kid. To top it off, she's been replaced by a more trustworthy version of herself who had the baby she wanted. And after she adopted it, the baby didn't like her. That's all the reason I'd need.[/spoiler:d830cb796d]

Glyph on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:
    [spoiler:1c57089747]Nobody likes her. Her own kind made her think she was human instead of trusting her to infiltrate Galactica willingly. That's pretty fucked up. Then she gets shot by Cally, someone who's quite possibly one of the ugliest characters in the show with no redeeming qualities, but who's now married to her boyfriend and had his kid. To top it off, she's been replaced by a more trustworthy version of herself who had the baby she wanted. And after she adopted it, the baby didn't like her. That's all the reason I'd need.[/spoiler:1c57089747]
    [spoiler:1c57089747]Holy crap! Someone actually doesn't like Cally? High five.

Boomer had all the reasons to be pissed off, but that's the problem - she wasn't. Until some two minutes before she went crazy.
    This scene should have been much, much longer. Even better, it should have been the cliffhanger instead of the useless nuke bit, but I guess they had to meet their Adama's-Giant-Balls quota for the half-season... and then magically shrink them.[/spoiler:1c57089747]

Aaaanyway.
    Where the frak is the podcast? I need my commentary.

Oh, nice, never mind. "Due to technical difficulties, the podcast for "Hero" has been delayed. SCIFI.COM apologizes for any inconvenience."
    Thank you, SCIFI.com... kind of. :?

ecczi. on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ecczi. wrote:
    [spoiler:f4eaad45d6]Even better, it should have been the cliffhanger instead of the useless nuke bit, but I guess they had to meet their Adama's-Giant-Balls quota for the half-season... and then magically shrink them.[/spoiler:f4eaad45d6]

[spoiler:f4eaad45d6]I didn't like that either. Just because nukes were off the table didn't mean he was out of options.

"One heavy raider is still on course."

"That's one heavy raider too many. LAUNCH VIPERS."
    [/spoiler:f4eaad45d6]

Glyph on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Torgo wrote:
    (Grace Park was fantastic in this episode.)

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:
    ecczi. wrote:
    [spoiler:8e65bc7332]Even better, it should have been the cliffhanger instead of the useless nuke bit, but I guess they had to meet their Adama's-Giant-Balls quota for the half-season... and then magically shrink them.[/spoiler:8e65bc7332]

[spoiler:8e65bc7332]I didn't like that either. Just because nukes were off the table didn't mean he was out of options.

[/spoiler:8e65bc7332]

[spoiler:8e65bc7332]Nah. You dont launch vipers with, what, 4 basestars worth of raiders waiting to kick your ass. Their only option was to threaten what the cylons wanted. It was sad that the nuke part was so predictable; we all knew they wouldn't be launched, not with half your cast in the line of fire. Although it did grant us the opportunity to see the Galactica spin on its axis to line up the nuke tubes with the planet. That was kinda awesome. But on reflection I'm having more difficulty with this entire arc; why the hell can't they know who the final 5 are? Why do the cylons want Earth? Why are they dicking around with Beacons and Maps? Because! Okay?[/spoiler:8e65bc7332]

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    During class tonight I finally settled on what pissed me off the most about that episode.

[spoiler:01752ae0e7] Each model of cylon clearly has a purpose. Cavil is like the "realistic I hate humans guy" and then Leoben is the mystic and De'Anna is the one who is suppose to question what they do.

So then, they punish her for doing probably what she was programmed to do in the first place. That seems to defy God's will and would be a big no no.

Also, why the fuck was Cavil on the ship with Baltar and De'Anna? Hopefully that was a deleted scene. [/spoiler:01752ae0e7]

MegaMan001 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:
    ecczi. wrote:
    [spoiler:2fd654062e]Even better, it should have been the cliffhanger instead of the useless nuke bit, but I guess they had to meet their Adama's-Giant-Balls quota for the half-season... and then magically shrink them.[/spoiler:2fd654062e]

[spoiler:2fd654062e]I didn't like that either. Just because nukes were off the table didn't mean he was out of options.

[/spoiler:2fd654062e]

[spoiler:2fd654062e]Nah. You dont launch vipers with, what, 4 basestars worth of raiders waiting to kick your ass. Their only option was to threaten what the cylons wanted. It was sad that the nuke part was so predictable; we all knew they wouldn't be launched, not with half your cast in the line of fire. Although it did grant us the opportunity to see the Galactica spin on its axis to line up the nuke tubes with the planet. That was kinda awesome. But on reflection I'm having more difficulty with this entire arc; why the hell can't they know who the final 5 are? Why do the cylons want Earth? Why are they dicking around with Beacons and Maps? Because! Okay?[/spoiler:2fd654062e]

[spoiler:2fd654062e]Could be worse. If they were using the writers from Lost, everything would revolve around the number "33", we'd find out that the Final Five were a hoax, and it would be revealed that the Cylons were actually conspiring with Earth the whole time as part of an overly elaborate, ridiculously circuitous plan involving the human survivors, who by the way aren't really survivors since the Colonies were never destroyed to begin with. Also, Sharon wouldn't reveal that she knew English until Season 2. Oh, and there's a creature on board Galactica that's stalking crew. Or maybe it's trying to help them. Or maybe it doesn't even exist. Woooooooh.[/spoiler:2fd654062e]

Glyph on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:
    Glyph wrote:
    ecczi. wrote:
    [spoiler:ac19149769]Even better, it should have been the cliffhanger instead of the useless nuke bit, but I guess they had to meet their Adama's-Giant-Balls quota for the half-season... and then magically shrink them.[/spoiler:ac19149769]

[spoiler:ac19149769]I didn't like that either. Just because nukes were off the table didn't mean he was out of options.

[/spoiler:ac19149769]

[spoiler:ac19149769]Nah. You dont launch vipers with, what, 4 basestars worth of raiders waiting to kick your ass. Their only option was to threaten what the cylons wanted. It was sad that the nuke part was so predictable; we all knew they wouldn't be launched, not with half your cast in the line of fire. Although it did grant us the opportunity to see the Galactica spin on its axis to line up the nuke tubes with the planet. That was kinda awesome. But on reflection I'm having more difficulty with this entire arc; why the hell can't they know who the final 5 are? Why do the cylons want Earth? Why are they dicking around with Beacons and Maps? Because! Okay?[/spoiler:ac19149769]

[spoiler:ac19149769]Could be worse. If they were using the writers from Lost, everything would revolve around the number "33", we'd find out that the Final Five were a hoax, and it would be revealed that the Cylons were actually conspiring with Earth the whole time as part of an overly elaborate, ridiculously circuitous plan involving the human survivors, who by the way aren't really survivors since the Colonies were never destroyed to begin with. Also, Sharon wouldn't reveal that she knew English until Season 2. Oh, and there's a creature on board Galactica that's stalking crew. Or maybe it's trying to help them. Or maybe it doesn't even exist. Woooooooh.[/spoiler:ac19149769]

Glyph, this perspective was badly needed. I thank you.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh, Baltar, you were so close. What hilarious tragedies won't you get in to? :lol:
    [spoiler:f15e22ec32]Are you, or have you ever been, in a cylon party?

Better get a lawyer.[/spoiler:f15e22ec32]

Good episode. For some reason what really stuck to my mind was the way Kara's...
    [spoiler:f15e22ec32]hands seemed really painfully crispy. Certainly better than a generic broken knee.[/spoiler:f15e22ec32]

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just finished watching the ep:
    [spoiler:0ffbccc277]People wailing on Grace Park suck. Her anger made perfect sense with her character. She was bottling that up. She wasn't meant to do something which made sense, she was meant to do something irrational. It's like when people talk about Africa and then throw up their hands and say just the nuke the fucking continent!.

I mean think about it, she had a mediocre human life, which she wasn't very good at. She then wasn't good at being a Cylon. She then wasn't good at bringing humans and Cylons together. She then wasn't any good at being a mother, and in 2 seconds the Cylon turncoat comes in and figures out exactly what's wrong. She was angry at everything in that scene - all the bullshit and half-achievements of her life.[/spoiler:0ffbccc277]

electricitylikesme on
This discussion has been closed.