Options

Battlestar Galactica: Xena, Warrior Cylon

• Options
    GlyphGlyph Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just finished watching the ep:
    [spoiler:36aaa28a6c]People wailing on Grace Park suck. Her anger made perfect sense with her character. She was bottling that up. She wasn't meant to do something which made sense, she was meant to do something irrational. It's like when people talk about Africa and then throw up their hands and say just the nuke the fucking continent!.

I mean think about it, she had a mediocre human life, which she wasn't very good at. She then wasn't good at being a Cylon. She then wasn't good at bringing humans and Cylons together. She then wasn't any good at being a mother, and in 2 seconds the Cylon turncoat comes in and figures out exactly what's wrong. She was angry at everything in that scene - all the bullshit and half-achievements of her life.[/spoiler:36aaa28a6c]

She just needs to get laid. Badly.

Glyph on
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Just finished watching the last episode on DVR last night. Now I have no nails...

Anyways, with the talk of the show ending in a few seasons I'm really annoyed as we never get to experience it in HD.

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    No Cars GoNo Cars Go Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just finished watching the last episode on DVR last night. Now I have no nails...

Anyways, with the talk of the show ending in a few seasons I'm really annoyed as we never get to experience it in HD.

The UK folk do, season 3 and beyond at least. I'm sure they'll release HD DVD sets eventually too.

[spoiler:39306ee700]Also, thinking about Six's apology to one of the final five, it could also potentially be Helo, seeing as she stole his child from him.[/spoiler:39306ee700]

No Cars Go on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    No Cars Go wrote:

The UK folk do, season 3 and beyond at least. I'm sure they'll release HD DVD sets eventually too.

[spoiler:49e03711e5]Also, thinking about Six's apology to one of the final five, it could also potentially be Helo, seeing as she stole his child from him.[/spoiler:49e03711e5]

I would bash someone's skull in if that were true.

[spoiler:49e03711e5]Since Hera wouldn't be half and half but just another cylon.[/spoiler:49e03711e5]

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    No Cars Go wrote:

[spoiler:3175dfd935]Also, thinking about Six's apology to one of the final five, it could also potentially be Helo, seeing as she stole his child from him.[/spoiler:3175dfd935]

I would bash someone's skull in if that were true.

[spoiler:3175dfd935]Since Hera wouldn't be half and half but just another cylon.[/spoiler:3175dfd935]

[spoiler:3175dfd935]It would indeed suck, therefore I think it's a long shot, it would nullify a major sub-plot that's been building up since season one. How much do we actually know about Helo's past, though?[/spoiler:3175dfd935]

No Cars Go on
  • Options
    oddmentoddment Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just a quick post for anyone in the UK still needing the season two box set. As I said before, I ordered from sendit.com, about £26 with free postage. They sent an e-mail yesterday saying they had dispatched it, and it arrived today! Fast service! Came in a jiffy bag, so the box was a tad battered, but not too bad, and its definatley the UK PAL retail version, not the Asian version.

So there you have it... rather than spend the £40-£50 the hight street and even good online retailers charge, you can get it for £26! Bargain! I'm certainly happy.

Oh, by the way No Cars Go... does that mean that the entire show is filmed in HD? From the miniseries onwards? Sweet! I hope they release it on HD-DVD then... gives me another reason to purchase a 360 HD-DVD add-on drive!

oddment on
    PSN Sig Hidden Within!*
    oddment84.png
    *Thanks Thanatos!
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    So.... Anybody find that teaser for Painkiller Jane interesting?

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    No Cars Go wrote:
    [spoiler:9cbdedbf74]How much do we actually know about Helo's past, though?[/spoiler:9cbdedbf74]
    Helo and Kara go "way back" and when Boomer got on board Galactica (somewhere around the miniseries) she was referred to as a rookie.

"Helo, when are you going to learn? First you fly with rooks..." or something like that.

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • Options
    ecczi.ecczi. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh hell, yes.
    "DST Launches Battlestar Galactica Action Figures!
    DST plans to release the first action figure assortment this summer. The debut series will feature several key characters from the smash-hit series, including the seductive Six herself! Specific product announcements, as well as timetables for their release dates, will be featured in future Diamond Select Toys communications and at next month’s American International Toy Fair."

That's a lot earlier than I'd expect, especially after the minimates fiasco.
    Here's hoping we'll finally get some merchandise that doesn't suck (and doesn't cost $150+).

ecczi. on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ecczi. wrote:
    Oh hell, yes.
    "DST Launches Battlestar Galactica Action Figures!
    DST plans to release the first action figure assortment this summer. The debut series will feature several key characters from the smash-hit series, including the seductive Six herself! Specific product announcements, as well as timetables for their release dates, will be featured in future Diamond Select Toys communications and at next month’s American International Toy Fair."

That's a lot earlier than I'd expect, especially after the minimates fiasco.
    Here's hoping we'll finally get some merchandise that doesn't suck (and doesn't cost $150+).

I'm still waiting for Titanium Series to release a Pegasus model.

Glyph on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    During class tonight I finally settled on what pissed me off the most about that episode.

[spoiler:6ac7c1140b] Each model of cylon clearly has a purpose. Cavil is like the "realistic I hate humans guy" and then Leoben is the mystic and De'Anna is the one who is suppose to question what they do.

So then, they punish her for doing probably what she was programmed to do in the first place. That seems to defy God's will and would be a big no no.

Also, why the fuck was Cavil on the ship with Baltar and De'Anna? Hopefully that was a deleted scene. [/spoiler:6ac7c1140b]

[spoiler:6ac7c1140b]D'Anna's crime was not that she was curious, nor that she saw the final five. It was her growing disregard for the other Cylons. Remember that scene at the start, where all other Cylon models agreed to recall the ships? She resisted at first, then recalled all but the one where she and Baltar were. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. [/spoiler:6ac7c1140b]

On an unrelated note:
    [spoiler:6ac7c1140b]I can't believe Starbuck's "I'm a Cylon" spoiler in the blooper reel was real :shock: [/spoiler:6ac7c1140b]

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Richy wrote:
    On an unrelated note:
    [spoiler:5e222cd17a]I can't believe Starbuck's "I'm a Cylon" spoiler in the blooper reel was real :shock: [/spoiler:5e222cd17a]
    Like I said.

[spoiler:5e222cd17a]Roslin has visions that lead her to Caprica. And snakes.
    Baltar sees a woman in his head.
    Tyrol hears voices leading him to the Eye of Jupiter.
    Half the series is made up of allusions to a prophesy and that things seem pre-determined.

Why is Starbuck's thing suddenly so suspicious?[/spoiler:5e222cd17a]

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    WHY wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    On an unrelated note:
    [spoiler:d7a3354278]I can't believe Starbuck's "I'm a Cylon" spoiler in the blooper reel was real :shock: [/spoiler:d7a3354278]
    Like I said.

[spoiler:d7a3354278]Roslin has visions that lead her to Caprica. And snakes.
    Half the series is made up of allusions to a prophesy and that things seem pre-determined.

Why is Starbuck's thing suddenly so suspicious?[/spoiler:d7a3354278]

[spoiler:d7a3354278]The setting.
    D'Anna recognises a Final Five as someone she (and therefore we) know.
    Cut to revelation that Starbuck had a thing for the symbol from the Temple of the Five since she was a kid. Also, she "has a destiny".

They are either hinting heavily that Starbuck is a Cylon, or really suck at episode editing.[/spoiler:d7a3354278]

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Richy wrote:
    WHY wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    On an unrelated note:
    [spoiler:2069e223d1]I can't believe Starbuck's "I'm a Cylon" spoiler in the blooper reel was real :shock: [/spoiler:2069e223d1]
    Like I said.

[spoiler:2069e223d1]Roslin has visions that lead her to Caprica. And snakes.

Why is Starbuck's thing suddenly so suspicious?[/spoiler:2069e223d1]

[spoiler:2069e223d1]The setting.
    Cut to revelation that Starbuck had a thing for the symbol from the Temple of the Five since she was a kid. Also, she "has a destiny".

They are either hinting heavily that Starbuck is a Cylon, or really suck at episode editing.[/spoiler:2069e223d1]

[spoiler:2069e223d1]Oh god they're all Cylons. Roslin, Baltar, Tyrol, Starbuck - the lot of them. Find someone else who had visions. That prophet lady. Final Five in the bag.[/spoiler:2069e223d1]

Glyph on
  • Options
    chronoboundgearchronoboundgear Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Richy wrote:
    WHY wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    On an unrelated note:
    [spoiler:8404f6f90c]I can't believe Starbuck's "I'm a Cylon" spoiler in the blooper reel was real :shock: [/spoiler:8404f6f90c]
    Like I said.

[spoiler:8404f6f90c]Roslin has visions that lead her to Caprica. And snakes.

Why is Starbuck's thing suddenly so suspicious?[/spoiler:8404f6f90c]

[spoiler:8404f6f90c]The setting.

They are either hinting heavily that Starbuck is a Cylon, or really suck at episode editing.[/spoiler:8404f6f90c]

[spoiler:8404f6f90c]So, I watched parts of the episode again on Monday night at 11, and I watched very closely when D'anna saw the final five. It's difficult to tell, but I believe she looks at someone on the right side of room (from where she's facing. If I remember correctly, the picture shown on the galactica website had two girls on the right meaning that the one she spoke to was a female. It sort of cuts in and out while she's moving in the scene, but I feel about 70.3382% sure that I'm correct.

Also, could the thing about Helo being a cylon even be possible with Hera's existence? I mentioned awhile back that one of the guys in the picture is tall leading to the possibility of it being him, but no one said anything so I kind of gave up on it.
    [/spoiler:8404f6f90c]

Whoever wrote the Lost stuff, I applaud. However, you forgot to mention that the show would start to suck at the end of the 2nd season, and become abysmal during the 3rd. Also, Hera would have to have powers that would allow it to send messages to Athena and Helo. Plus bulldog would have to carry around a big wooden stick or cylon leg or something with scripture quotes. And you'd need a big fat guy to do something, too.

chronoboundgear on
    Xbox 360 Tag: Earthbound King

Every fights a food fight when you're a cannibal.
  • Options
    yakulyakul Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Regarding Starbuck:
    [spoiler:a4fa940b4e]This is a temple important to the thirteenth colony, not the cylons. Of course, five eldars of the colony, five cylons, but we haven't made that connection solid yet. So Starbuck had childhood visions of the Thirteenth colony's journey to Earth.

I'm not sure why D'anna saw the Five in that temple though.[/spoiler:a4fa940b4e]

yakul on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    yakul wrote:
    Regarding Starbuck:
    [spoiler:a6a2e724c8]This is a temple important to the thirteenth colony, not the cylons. Of course, five eldars of the colony, five cylons, but we haven't made that connection solid yet. So Starbuck had childhood visions of the Thirteenth colony's journey to Earth.

I'm not sure why D'anna saw the Five in that temple though.[/spoiler:a6a2e724c8]

[spoiler:a6a2e724c8]Prior to, or perhaps following the first war, the Cylons encountered beings known to the Twelve Colonies as the Lords of Kobol, who then imprinted algorithms into the Cylon programming which gave them the know-how for creating twelve humanoid models based on the twelve astrological signs. The thirteenth tribe is somehow connected to the thirteenth sign, and perhaps the overaching entity that the Cylons refer to as God. Twelve tribes, twelve human colonies and their twelve gods. One Earth, one Cylon race and one God. Any questions?[/spoiler:a6a2e724c8]

That's what it's starting to look like anyway. If anyone has a better idea...

Glyph on
  • Options
    DuckterPepperDuckterPepper Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Glyph wrote:
    Just finished watching the ep:
    [spoiler:d9e7bcfa24]People wailing on Grace Park suck. Her anger made perfect sense with her character. She was bottling that up. She wasn't meant to do something which made sense, she was meant to do something irrational. It's like when people talk about Africa and then throw up their hands and say just the nuke the fucking continent!.

I mean think about it, she had a mediocre human life, which she wasn't very good at. She then wasn't good at being a Cylon. She then wasn't good at bringing humans and Cylons together. She then wasn't any good at being a mother, and in 2 seconds the Cylon turncoat comes in and figures out exactly what's wrong. She was angry at everything in that scene - all the bullshit and half-achievements of her life.[/spoiler:d9e7bcfa24]

She just needs to get laid. Badly.

i'd volunteer...

but regarding the final five:

[spoiler:d9e7bcfa24]What about Ellen? The Show is all about charakter development. Just imagine what the XO would have to get through emotionally to a) see her again and b) fighting the urge to be together with her, therefore betraying his mentor/friend and the human race altogether and being on the same level as all the traitors he executed... it'd be awesome.

And Xena apoolgized to her because Ellen was a vicitim of the Situation on New Caprica. Well, not that convincing, but doable[/spoiler:d9e7bcfa24]

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    oh, another point for my theory above

[spoiler:08fc249248]remember in Season 1 when Baltar tested Ellen after Adama brought her on the ship?

CapSix asked him what the result "really" said, and Baltar mumbled "we will never know" or something - if i remember it correctly.
    [/spoiler:08fc249248]

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I think having Ellen turn out to be a cylon would completely miss the point of her character, just as if having Baltar a cylon would completely sabotage all the character motivations since the mini.

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    With regards to "the apology"
    [spoiler:3f0e7685bd]Surely there doesnt have to be a specific thing she is apologising for... technically if its any human being, she could be saying "sorry for, y'know, trying to enslave your race and all..." I think people are reading too much into it [/spoiler:3f0e7685bd]

Oh, and I've tried and tried... but am I the only one who finds the Starbuck character almost completely unlikeable? I want to like her, but she just irritates me.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    saggio wrote:
    I think having Ellen turn out to be a cylon would completely miss the point of her character, just as if having Baltar a cylon would completely sabotage all the character motivations since the mini.

i know what you mean with Baltar. But why would Ellen be missing the point?

And like Boomer, she could be a model that doesn't know being a cylon... And Ellen DID sabotage anything and tried to get rid of the resistance and what not...

DuckterPepper on
    DuckterPepper

duckterpepper.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Fallingman wrote:
    With regards to "the apology"
    [spoiler:e252f1a862]Surely there doesnt have to be a specific thing she is apologising for... technically if its any human being, she could be saying "sorry for, y'know, trying to enslave your race and all..." I think people are reading too much into it [/spoiler:e252f1a862]

[spoiler:e252f1a862]You have to take into account that she was talking to one specifically, and considering that the final five are probably human characters we know, if it were an apology for New Caprica and destruction of the colonies, she'd have said it to all of them[/spoiler:e252f1a862]

No Cars Go on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Nope I fucking hate Starbuck too. I'm also starting to hate Apollo.

Helo and Adama Sr. fo li.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ecczi.ecczi. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Richy wrote:
    [spoiler:9399e6bab3]D'Anna's crime was not that she was curious, nor that she saw the final five. It was her growing disregard for the other Cylons. Remember that scene at the start, where all other Cylon models agreed to recall the ships? She resisted at first, then recalled all but the one where she and Baltar were. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. [/spoiler:9399e6bab3]
    [spoiler:9399e6bab3]Then I guess you know more than Ron D. Moore.[/spoiler:9399e6bab3]
    [spoiler:9399e6bab3]Ron D. Moore: (...)was going to end up with her entire model ending up in cold storage.(...)
    Mrs. Ron: Because of her relationship with Baltar?
    Ron D. Moore: and where that went, the fact that she glimpsed the final five. She has eaten from the tree of forbidden knowledge. She had gone to the place that none of them were supposed to do, no one was supposed to think about the final five, they weren't supposed to talk about them. (...) Ultimately she succeeds, but then her entire model is eliminated.[/spoiler:9399e6bab3]

[spoiler:9399e6bab3]He sure makes it sound like the disagreement was the "straw", and like I said, Six and Eights have been completely disloyal to the Cylon, they were harmful. Threes have only disagreed because D'Anna wanted to know the faces of the "final five", other than that, they were still a part of the group.

By the way, why the hell do the Cylons call them "final"? It's not like they were discovering the "significant seven" one by one, the model numbers don't make any sense either.
    I used to justify the Cylon plot holes, but I'm starting to think that they really don't make the tiniest bit of sense.

I thought that Ron D. Moore would justify this episode in the commentary, but he only made me hate it more, and comparing the temple scene to Raiders of the Lost Ark only made it worse.[/spoiler:9399e6bab3]
    Glyph wrote:
    Could be worse. If they were using the writers from Lost,
    [snip]
    Oh, and there's a creature on board Galactica that's stalking crew. Or maybe it's trying to help them. Or maybe it doesn't even exist. Woooooooh.
    What, like Shelly Godfrey? ;)

ecczi. on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ecczi. wrote:
    Glyph wrote:
    Could be worse. If they were using the writers from Lost,
    [snip]
    Oh, and there's a creature on board Galactica that's stalking the crew. Or maybe it's trying to help them. Or maybe it doesn't even exist. Woooooooh.
    What, like Shelly Godfrey? ;)

Godforbid.

Glyph on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    saggio wrote:

i know what you mean with Baltar. But why would Ellen be missing the point?

And like Boomer, she could be a model that doesn't know being a cylon... And Ellen DID sabotage anything and tried to get rid of the resistance and what not...

We have all these signs pointing to Ellen being a cylon: her unexplained arrival aboard the Rising Star, the unknown test results, her knowing that cylons were humanoids before the information was released, and just the all around self-centered nature of her character. But the point is that even though she is all of these things, she isn't a cylon, she's just a really fucked up human. She was there to show that the Cylons aren't really the enemy, it's us.

That's how I always understood it, anyway.

saggio on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    saggio wrote:
    ... her knowing that cylons were humanoids before the information was released...

What?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Richy wrote:
    saggio wrote:
    ... her knowing that cylons were humanoids before the information was released...

What?

The dinner scene in "Tigh me up, Tigh me down" where Laura says something along the lines of '...since cylons look like us, now', and Ellen says something like 'I know' and then Laura points out that the information was only just released an hour or two before.

saggio on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    saggio wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    saggio wrote:

What?

The dinner scene in "Tigh me up, Tigh me down" where Laura says something along the lines of '...since cylons look like us, now', and Ellen says something like 'I know' and then Laura points out that the information was only just released an hour or two before.

Err...didn't Tigh know? I think that was my assumption.

Somewhere I found a webpage detailing 'possible' Cylons and one of the chief issues was how long they were known to be among the human population. I can't remember the time line but it was somewhere around 5 years I think. Anyone with a personal relationship longer than that is pretty much not a cylon.

For example it's highly fucking unlikely that Lee is a cylon since Adama has known him all his life. It goes the otherway with that pair as well.

I would think this eliminates Ellen from the running. I don't remember how long she and Tigh have known each other though.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    saggio wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    saggio wrote:

What?

Somewhere I found a webpage detailing 'possible' Cylons and one of the chief issues was how long they were known to be among the human population. I can't remember the time line but it was somewhere around 5 years I think. Anyone with a personal relationship longer than that is pretty much not a cylon.

For example it's highly fucking unlikely that Lee is a cylon since Adama has known him all his life. It goes the otherway with that pair as well.

I would think this eliminates Ellen from the running. I don't remember how long she and Tigh have known each other though.

Do you mean the Battlestar wiki?

saggio on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    saggio wrote:
    Do you mean the Battlestar wiki?

That's been dead for a while. And Wookiepedia still up. Frak.

Glyph on
  • Options
    DeepQantasDeepQantas Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    yakul wrote:
    Regarding Starbuck:
    [spoiler:cf00046ee9]This is a temple important to the thirteenth colony, not the cylons. Of course, five eldars of the colony, five cylons, but we haven't made that connection solid yet. So Starbuck had childhood visions of the Thirteenth colony's journey to Earth.

I'm not sure why D'anna saw the Five in that temple though.[/spoiler:cf00046ee9]
    Going all meta for a while...

[spoiler:cf00046ee9]I like to think both humans and cylons are following a single prophecy that was only meant for one group of people. And now since they're fighting for each bit and piece the divine powers are all like "Wtf is this shit? Well let 'em figure it out themselves". Kinda like that Leobens whole "what if god made a mistake and decided to give the souls to another species?" thing from the miniseries.

Which would be kinda ironic, since they wouldn't be on this odyssey at all if they hadn't created the cylons and thus "split" their destiny in half.[/spoiler:cf00046ee9]

DeepQantas on
    m~
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    saggio wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    saggio wrote:

What?

That's some silly thinking there. What is to stop the Cylons from mimicing someone who has been around for a while, then killing them, and slipping them with a cylon model?

That's how I assumed they could get literally anyone on the show.

EDIT: Furthermore, according to Doc. Cottles numerous cylon autopsies they appear "To be identical to humans, except they're a Cylon". So, I take that to assume all the organs and hormones are present that need to be. For all we know, Cylons even age.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    saggio wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    saggio wrote:

What?

That's some silly thinking there. What is to stop the Cylons from mimicing someone who has been around for a while, then killing them, and slipping them with a cylon model?

EDIT: Furthermore, according to Doc. Cottles numerous cylon autopsies they appear "To be identical to humans, except they're a Cylon". So, I take that to assume all the organs and hormones are present that need to be. For all we know, Cylons even age.

I think we're drifting back into spoiler warning territory.

[spoiler:35448ac70f]It's been established that the Cylons didn't intend to make dopplegangers when they started the humanoid models. They were supposed to be completely original designs based on how the Cylons saw humans. And if the Cylons do age, that would mean that the bodies they keep on ice for downloading would have to be aged as well.[/spoiler:35448ac70f]

Glyph on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

I think we're drifting back into spoiler warning territory.

[spoiler:040b146054]
    It's been established that the Cylons didn't intend to make dopplegangers when they started the humanoid models. They were supposed to be completely original designs based on how the Cylons saw humans. And if the Cylons do age, that would mean that the bodies they keep on ice for downloading would have to be aged as well.[/spoiler:040b146054]

[spoiler:040b146054]But thats what the cylons we've seen said. With this whole other secretive "final 5" anything could be true...

Maybe the final 5 wanted to find earth, so they created the cylons we know and made them have no knowlede of their creators.

Then they replaced someone high up in the humans (hell, even adama or "Madam President") and set their created army of cylons against them. Now they are in the background, knowing that both sides would then set out in search of earth - the traitor not knowing they are a cylon, but always making strategic decisions that lead the humans towards earth.[/spoiler:040b146054]

Point being that they can do anything and just think up a story. Hell, I thought Xena actually looked like she recognised all the five - and the fact that she apologised to one, was nothing more than the fact that she had to address one of them, and they were surrounding her. If so, they can just keep shocking us at regular intervals to keep the suspense up.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZalbinionZalbinion Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Fallingman wrote:

Point being that they can do anything and just think up a story. Hell, I thought Xena actually looked like she recognised all the five - and the fact that she apologised to one, was nothing more than the fact that she had to address one of them, and they were surrounding her. If so, they can just keep shocking us at regular intervals to keep the suspense up.

Yeah, I'm not reading anything at all into that scene. I took it as a predictable, annoying attempt by the writing staff to titillate us with "what if X is a Cylon?!" possibilities, but that no actual discernible information can be found in it.

Further possibly useless info.: my significant other claims that she read an interview or something somewhere (that she conveniently can't find) wherein the writing team states definitively that [spoiler:1af6530f21] Kara Thrace is not a Cylon.

Of course, it could just be the redirect to end all redirects.[/spoiler:1af6530f21]
    I'll try to be a little less useless and track it down for you, if possible.

Zalbinion on
  • Options
    MutePrezMutePrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:903cc16373] I'm under the impression that doc cottle is one of the final 5. Remember the scene where d'anna talks to him after he was trying to save a cavil on new caprica? Does the doc have any long ties to anyone else on the crew?

I don't have much to back this up, but i'm throwing this out there[/spoiler:903cc16373]

MutePrez on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    MutePrez wrote:
    [spoiler:d92a5c8b57] I'm under the impression that doc cottle is one of the final 5. Remember the scene where d'anna talks to him after he was trying to save a cavil on new caprica? Does the doc have any long ties to anyone else on the crew?

I don't have much to back this up, but i'm throwing this out there[/spoiler:d92a5c8b57]

I thought I heard that Doc Cottle was in the first cylon war, like Tigh and Adama.

saggio on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    saggio wrote:
    I thought I heard that Doc Cottle was in the first cylon war, like Tigh and Adama.

In it? Or started it?

Glyph on
This discussion has been closed.