Options

How I Met Your Mother Season 9: A factual statement is that the series finale sucked.

196979899100102»

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    If they had cut the entire cast except Rebel Wilson and the asian roommate and made the show about good jokes instead of trying to force terrible romance plots and terrible rivalry plots with that other woman then maybe it would've been good.

But what they put on air wasn't a good TV show.

I mourned the loss of Arrested Development. I mourned the loss of Happy Endings. I will not mourn this show going off the air. =P

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    Best line from the Vulture / IGN article

"6. The fact that Twitter didn’t like the finale of HIMYM had absolutely nothing to do with CBS’s decision.
    Sorry, it just didn’t. If CBS cared what the internet thought, it would’ve canceled Two and a Half Men years ago."

• Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    syndication profits, man

i was lukewarm to the idea initially but i had warmed to the idea of a sitcom starring greta gerwig

pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    I like the idea of a show starring Greta Gerwig, I just don't think it was this particular show.

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    I just powered through the entire show over the last six weeks or so, and I've read through this thread. I'm just not seeing the hate. I was happy with it as a whole. The ending missed a little bit of closure, but it didn't run over my puppy or anything.

I'd have loved to have the mother around for another season, though. She was freaking adorable and fit the group dynamic really, really well.

edit: Although, I wasn't invested in it over the course of 9 years. Maybe that makes all the difference. As a show binge-watched, it stands on its own merits.

Samphis on
  • Options
    Eh, all the things that made no sense about the way it ended are present regardless of whether you watched it over years or weeks. Just because you didn't have the same problems so many others did with the way they ended it doesn't make yours or other people's opinions on it any less valid.

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    I never said anyone's opinions weren't valid. I just don't see the problems that were mentioned in this thread.

• Options
    It's no big deal. I can see how watching it in a marathon would've taken some of the sting out of Ted's constant pining over Robin just when you think they're going to have him get over it finally, etc. It still doesn't solve the fact that he spent 95% of the story of how he met the kids' dead mother talking about everything except the mother, but it's whatever.

• Options
    CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjob9-fiOgM&feature=youtu.be

This is apparently the "alternate" ending that is included on the DVDs.

That's a really, really good ending. The official ending in my eyes from here on out.

Cybit on
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    It's a damn shame they didn't go with that as the ending during the original broadcast. The ending they went with made sense to explain Ted basically talking about boning all of his ex-girlfriends but that ending suits the audience better.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Now THAT'S an ending.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Totally less depressing and not a cop out at all.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Is this really that good an ending, or do we just feel that way in comparison to the really terrible ending?

• Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    I thought it was pretty good. I think it's been long enough since I saw the aired ending where I'm not just liking it in comparison to the original.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    And it's pulled already. Bah.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    That's the ending I expected.

Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.