Options

How I Met Your Mother Season 9: A factual statement is that the series finale sucked.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    Robin I'm proud of you, eh

Fucking brilliant.

I particularly loved
    The Emperor Penguin thing
    They add in new stuff with things that make sense and it blends perfectly.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Robin falling asleep on the taxicab
    had me laughing hard.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think the funniest part was the dual gasp between Ted and Barney when they got caught. It was just so well done.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Terrendos wrote: »
    I think the funniest part was the dual gasp between Ted and Barney when they got caught. It was just so well done.

Yeah very silly but in a good way.

Ted: Robin?
    *two beat pause*
    Ted&Barney: Yoinks!

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    I loved the synchronous "Fantasy Football" and the following look when Robin asks them what they're talking about.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Haha, yeah. I love the whole erogenous zone thing and then finding out she was just lying. hahaha

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Loved this bit:
    "If you ever see this face, run. And don't take a picture of it or she will punch you.

And you will cry.

For the third time.

That night."

OldSlacker on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I loved the synchronous "Fantasy Football" and the following look when Robin asks them what they're talking about.

I enjoyed that little bit, too. It was a great look.

LaOs on
  • Options
    TonyTheLeperTonyTheLeper Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm pretty sure slap bet has been one of the best running jokes on a show ive seen in years. I was flicin through the old seasons on my computer the other day and came across the one where they are watching barney's play and marshall uses one, and i lost it. I promptly had to go back and watch all related Slap Bet episodes haha.

Speaking of Swarley I came across this episode when I was flicking through them as well, and it really was an awesome episode. I was wondering the same thing, if they were ever going to bring it back, I guess, not but it was another one that could have been carried through once in a while.

They have had so many good ones for a season here season there and then have pop back up randomly. Interventions were ALWAYS gold, and we haven't seen one in a while I don't think. I know barney lost his magic through and intervention and I used to love all his stuff that was magic but what can you do.

You guys ever see the real magic he used to do on his late night talk show visits? I can't remember if it was on conan or leno, but the few tricks he has done on a late show have been gold.

TonyTheLeper on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh yeah, NPH is pretty talented. Remember the episode where the gang ends up singing Christmas Carols? His voice is incredible.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    NPH does tricks all the time on Ellen, including the guillotine trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reDkgbtgSwM

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Oh yeah, NPH is pretty talented. Remember the episode where the gang ends up singing Christmas Carols? His voice is incredible.

His SNL bit is Legendary.

He's all around the best guy ever despite the Harold and Kumar movies.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    NPH is my hero.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

You realize his recent rise to fame is completely because of those movies.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Doodmann wrote: »

You mean it wasn't because of Starship Troopers?

Tomanta on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009

I recently watched both of those for the first time, and was surprised at how funny they really were. A few missteps, but otherwise they were hilarious.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Which again proves he is probably Jesus or one of Jesus' posse.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    His recent rise to fame is solely based on how goddamn awesome he is at everything he does

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    Abba ZabaothAbba Zabaoth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Wait...if that was the first time you've seen NPH sing, you haven't seen Dr. Horrible, and therefore have homework.

Barnman and Robin seem like they might get too cute. Barney's still Barney for now, but Robin's going to train him, and it's going to be his transition from playboy to family man. I guess that's fine, but Barney is more awesome single than in a relationship.

Abba Zabaoth on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Wait...if that was the first time you've seen NPH sing, you haven't seen Dr. Horrible, and therefore have homework.

Barnman and Robin seem like they might get too cute. Barney's still Barney for now, but Robin's going to train him, and it's going to be his transition from playboy to family man. I guess that's fine, but Barney is more awesome single than in a relationship.

I think they play off each other well. Robin is essentially a man. They've made that clear. She's also hot. It's Win- Win for Swarley.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    i hope they bring back some of Barney's old wingman to contrast his newly relationshipped personality

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh, I've seen Dr. Horrible. I really liked that, but the singing he did in that was different from the singing he did in this particular episode.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Thane wrote: »
    i hope they bring back some of Barney's old wingman to contrast his newly relationshipped personality

I suspect Barney will need to find a channel for his unbound masculinity and philandering. And it will be channeled through the only remaining single member of the main cast: Ted.

Doesn't Narrator Ted say his friendship with Barney is vital to meeting his wife in one of the really early episodes?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Which again proves he is probably Jesus or one of Jesus' posse.

Yeah, in a recent Entertainment Weekly article on him it was mentioned that the show's producers envisioned Barney as a fat Chris Farley type, but decided to take a look at NPH due to his bit on Harold and Kumar.

And who else here would have been happy to take the barrel?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    BackstopBackstop Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I doubt Barney will become a family man considering Robin and Ted broke up due in large part to Robin not wanting to have the traditional kids-and-picket-fence life.

Not that I think Robin and Barney are a long-term solution. They reference Aunt Robin and Uncle Barney in the voice-overs but that doesn't mean a thing, all of them are given that title and none of them are actually Ted's siblings.

I wonder if the Mother is in the Econ 305 doesn't that mean she'll be a lot younger than Ted? He's now 31 or so, a traditional 300-level student might be like 22. Maybe she's a non-trad or maybe he's OK with that.:winky:

Backstop on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I read somewhere that Rachel Bilson plays a pivotal role in the show's 100th episode, whether its another fake out or just surprise semi known guest star

in other news watch Not another Teen Movie for guywhoplaysTed's 3 scenes, where he basically narrates scenes. they're like the only good part of that movie

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Backstop wrote: »
    I doubt Barney will become a family man considering Robin and Ted broke up due in large part to Robin not wanting to have the traditional kids-and-picket-fence life.

Not that I think Robin and Barney are a long-term solution. They reference Aunt Robin and Uncle Barney in the voice-overs but that doesn't mean a thing, all of them are given that title and none of them are actually Ted's siblings.

I wonder if the Mother is in the Econ 305 doesn't that mean she'll be a lot younger than Ted? He's now 31 or so, a traditional 300-level student might be like 22. Maybe she's a non-trad or maybe he's OK with that.:winky:

((31/2) + 7) = 22.5

We'll allow it!

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Terrendos wrote: »

I suspect Barney will need to find a channel for his unbound masculinity and philandering. And it will be channeled through the only remaining single member of the main cast: Ted.

Doesn't Narrator Ted say his friendship with Barney is vital to meeting his wife in one of the really early episodes?

Well Barney was the catalyst for Ted meeting Robin, so I think the same is true for the mother.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I read somewhere that Rachel Bilson plays a pivotal role in the show's 100th episode, whether its another fake out or just surprise semi known guest star

in other news watch Not another Teen Movie for guywhoplaysTed's 3 scenes, where he basically narrates scenes. they're like the only good part of that movie

It was more weird seeing "Ted" in an episode of Six Feet Under that my wife and I just watched in season 3.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2009
    The new episode was pretty great.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Season 3 and 4 seemed a little off. I think it was Stella. This season seems so much better, a good return to season 1 & 2 form.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The sexless inkeeper poem was great.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    This episode is amazing.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The two poems and Marshall singing were fantastic. Also: Alyson Hannigan recently having a baby was fantastic.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The Barney Robin duet was hilarious

King Riptor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    They post HIMYM episodes next day on CBS right? Because for some reason they decided that the stupid gubernatorial debate was more important.

I already know who I'm voting for; unless one of them admits to raping babies no debate is changing that.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think their player sucks, but yeah.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh god I almost forgot to mention
    Marshall killing the cat and the ensuing funeral those videos better hit youtube.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I think their player sucks, but yeah.

It does, but yes, eps go up the next day.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
This discussion has been closed.