Options

How I Met Your Mother Season 9: A factual statement is that the series finale sucked.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Is anyone else really desperate for the 4th slap? Marshall didn't slap anyone the whole 4th season, I'm so sad...

Future episode spoilers:
    Episode 9 is called "Slapsgiving 2: Revenge of the Slap".

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    NO! Saint Slapenstines sounds awesome!

Goddammit we don't need anymore slap related Thanksgiving episodes

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Loved tonight's episode.

Barney's appearance at the end was excellent and I'm already looking forward to new episodes with single Barney, because he's way better that way. He also makes Ted a better character when he's like that. Partially because he's Ted's foil, and also because he makes him act cooler.

The coda to the episode with Alan Thicke mentioning the variety show with Robin better be paid off. I want to see that so badly.

Magell on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah that outro better remain canon.

Khavall on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thane wrote: »
    NO! Saint Slapenstines sounds awesome!

Goddammit we don't need anymore slap related Thanksgiving episodes

Well you go convince the HIMYM writers to get me on payroll and I will steamroll that mother through.

Also I will ruin the show because I cannot write a sitcom.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TonyTheLeperTonyTheLeper Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I was actually kinda worried how i was gonna feel about a break up which was inevitable with those two, but god damn this episode was pure gold. The way they rolled it all together in the end was hilarious. I don't know how this show does it, but I never walk away from this show wanting more

...except swarley's and slap bets

gawd daymn

I didn't realize how much i missed single barney till they started throwing all his lines out there at the beginning hahaha

TonyTheLeper on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I dunno. I liked the episode but they were building up to their relationship for what, 2 seasons? And they finish it like a third of the way through the season? It seems like they spent a bit too long on it if they were never going to be together long.

That said, I thought Barney and Robin's relationship over-shadowed pretty much everything else in the show, including Barney and Robin themselves. So I dunno.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As awesome as the episode was, (and it was awesome) I'm pretty bummed to see Barney/Robin go. I liked the two of them together. Barney and Robin are funnier single, but I honestly think they're kinda pathetic, too.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    One of the better episodes IMO. It struck just the right balance between farce and normality.

Also, I want a gif of the Enter: the Barney moment, with "Daddy's Home" across the bottom as he winks

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I suspect that this breakup will not be a permanent matter.

But maybe I've been hurt too many times from annoying "will they won't they" crap from other sitcoms.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    They probably will get back together, but their issues need some time to heal.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Obviously it doesn't mean they end up together, but Ted repeatedly first season referred to "uncle barney and aunt robin"

Again, doesn't mean they end up with each other, but they are a part of the kids lives later on

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think they likely had a variety of storylines, but in the end found 'Barney and Robin are dating' to be more restrictive than interesting, the only way it could have worked would have been if they had had a totally non-regular relationship (even perhaps an open relationship, but they still loved each other) but that would have been a bit too extreme for 8PM. They need Barney the Player to counteract the stabalizing influence of Marshal and Lily. Personally I'm glad its over, and hope it's never mentioned again. Unless, in an absolutely hilarious twist we learn like 2 seasons from now that they are married, and do just have an open relationship where each does what they want.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenzo_von_Matterhorn

Extremities Quarterly
    Some doctors liken it to a tree trunk. Others to a length of anchor rope. And still others compare it to a barber's pole. Whatever it's true dimensions, Lorenzo Von Matterhorn is stuck with a gigantic penis, and science can't help him.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ohhhh no I cannot wait to see this episode.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I was kind of hoping the Playbook actually ended up on the internet. Oh well! This episode was awesome. For a while, I thought maybe Claire was going to be Ted's future wife.

BlazeFire on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    For a while, I thought maybe Claire was going to be Ted's future wife.

Not on your life, sport. Not without copious amounts of buildup. Besides, safe money says they'd save that for at least a season finale.

How long after the Bro Code was featured on the show did the book go up for sale? Because I'd totally purchase The Playbook if I could.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Terrendos wrote: »

Not on your life, sport. Not without copious amounts of buildup. Besides, safe money says they'd save that for at least a season finale.

How long after the Bro Code was featured on the show did the book go up for sale? Because I'd totally purchase The Playbook if I could.

100th episode, supposedly. Should be soon, I think. 4 episodes from now?

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Wait, they're going to reveal it in the 100th episode? According to the Wikipedia link on the previous page, tonight's episode was #96.

Also, I would definitely expect that The Playbook will be coming soon to a bookstore near you.

Edit:
    Teaser line for episode 100, "Girls Versus Suits".
    Ted gets to know Cindy one of his students who is close to his own age.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_How_I_Met_Your_Mother_episodes#Season_5:_2009-2010
    Significant, or yet another elaborate red herring?

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Wait, they're going to reveal it in the 100th episode? According to the Wikipedia link on the previous page, tonight's episode was #96.

Also, I would definitely expect that The Playbook will be coming soon to a bookstore near you.

I think I read that somewhere, I know Barney gets a musical number.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I laughed ridiculously hard throughout this whole episode, then even harder when browsing through the websites connected to Extremities Quarterly.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm betting that Cindy is not the mother, but one of her friends or roommates is or something, and we get a look at her at the end when Cindy tells her about Professor Mosby.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm betting that Cindy is not the mother, but one of her friends or roommates is or something, and we get a look at her at the end when Cindy tells her about Professor Mosby.

I could definitely see them doing this after building up Cindy for the entire episode.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Historical Link of Lorenzo von Matterhorn, on Wikipedia 10/21/09-11/16/09. Wiki searches for this now redirect to episode summary.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This episode was amazing.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    BackstopBackstop Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Von Matterhorn is an industry leader in the manufacture of cute shoes, walk-in closets, chocolate, ponies, chocolate ponies, and female orgasms.
    He sure does target the dumb ones. Everyone knows the female orgasm is a myth.

Backstop on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Historical Link of Lorenzo von Matterhorn, on Wikipedia 10/21/09-11/16/09. Wiki searches for this now redirect to episode summary.

It was BotP'd but once they mentioned it I flipped my laptop open and it was all there. Including a myspace account for his singing dog group and his facebook account. And I just realized he approved my friend request

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PantsB wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »

It was BotP'd but once they mentioned it I flipped my laptop open and it was all there. Including a myspace account for his singing dog group and his facebook account. And I just realized he approved my friend request

Actually I roll 50 replies per page, but yeah. That's why I linked the cache of it. :D

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I know that they usually make sure their websites actually exist, but they really out-did themselves with the von Matterhorn array of sites.

area on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    According to NPH and Alyson hannigan's twitters: 100th episode = musical

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I love any thing that involves Jason Segel and NPH singing.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I love any thing that involves Jason Segel and NPH singing.

The only good thing to come from the Megan Mullally Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhXsJjVdj1E

Kiwi on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

The only problem I can foresee with a musical episode is that Alyson Hannigan can't sing. Well, unless you consider a cat being strangled a kind of musical excellence.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

The only problem I can foresee with a musical episode is that Alyson Hannigan can't sing. Well, unless you consider a cat being strangled a kind of musical excellence.

You need to focus on how cute /hot/ man I'm feeling guilty about what I'm doing but god she's attractive" she is and not listen to her voice.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

alydenisof wrote:

Anytime I sing, it will be mostly filler.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

alydenisof wrote:

Anytime I sing, it will be mostly filler.

she thinks this line's mostly filler?

Khavall on
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

The episode only contains a musical number - it's not a musical episode.

area on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

You need to focus on how cute /hot/ man I'm feeling guilty about what I'm doing but god she's attractive" she is and not listen to her voice.

So what you're saying is that if I'm masturbating while watching my favorite sitcom since Cheers, it will help me overlook Lily's poor vocals?

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    http://img111.yfrog.com/i/3ea.jpg/

NPH posted the picture. And comment of
    Stacey Keibler guesting on HIMYM. Hot, funny, and talented. I must say, she's a real quintuple threat.

Wonderful

Khavall on
  • Options
    jedijzjedijz Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    jedijz on
    Goomba wrote: »
    It is no easy task winning a 1v3. You must jump many a hurdle, bettering three armies, the smallest.

Aye, no mere man may win an uphill battle against thrice your men, it takes a courageous heart and will that makes steel look like copper. When you are that, then, and only then, may you win a 1v3.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BlindProphet
This discussion has been closed.