Options

How I Met Your Mother Season 9: A factual statement is that the series finale sucked.

• Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    100th Episode tonight.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man I just discovered and watched all of this show and I love it (I loved it 2 years ago but never followed it on commercial TV). Anyway the punchline is that it's well cast, the characters break archetypes in all the right ways and the lines are delivered well.

EDIT: Also "The Playbook" is easily one of my favorite episodes.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So taking bets now on how much longer they're going to drag out the mother plotline with it narrowed down this much.

Pretty good ep. It's nice to know Barney's suit didn't die in vain.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    sadface that it's not Rachel Bilson.

Also... Robin didn't really look as good behind the bartender as Stacy Keibler did. The pink thingy was just ... blah. Are they intentionally wardrobing Cobie Smulders badly, to play up Ted's dates or something?

hippofant on
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I thought Robin just gained a little weight or something. Not that she's bad looking by any means....just looks a little thicker or something

VoodooV on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    VoodooV wrote: »
    I thought Robin just gained a little weight or something. Not that she's bad looking by any means....just looks a little thicker or something

I read somewhere she's pregnant again.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    VoodooV wrote: »

Well she's preggos again right?

Also the I thought the suit song was amazing. I would go gay for the NPH.

:edit: Fuck you EB. Also Fuck Michigan.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited January 2010
    The suit song was epic.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    God I could listen to NPH sing all day

Khavall on
  • Options
    BackstopBackstop Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I really dislike musical numbers chest-bursting out of regular shows. Way to labor the point, by the time they offered world peace or suits I was ready to change the channel.

Also: it would have been funnier if Robin's wardrobe inexplicably changed to something more shot-girl-like when she got behind the bar, and then back when she was kicked out.

Backstop on
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    No it was fine

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I need to find that picture of Barney in a suit water skiing. I was cracking up at that

VoodooV on
  • Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was having "They Got The Mustard Out" flashbacks by the end of the suit song.

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Backstop wrote: »
    I really dislike musical numbers chest-bursting out of regular shows. Way to labor the point, by the time they offered world peace or suits I was ready to change the channel.

Also: it would have been funnier if Robin's wardrobe inexplicably changed to something more shot-girl-like when she got behind the bar, and then back when she was kicked out.

Are you shitting me? The world peace section of the song had the funniest line in the episode:

"I'm going to stop you right there. It's suits. Get your head out of your ass."

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm in agreement for Barney water-skiing in a suit being my favorite random gag of the episode.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

There are two things wrong with your post.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Robin looks so hot after she got pregnant.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Robin look extremely hot now after getting pregnant.

Yeah. Yeah she does.

Edit: And she's really pumping out the little ones. The first one was born before this season started, and she's expecting again.

NOOOO! The more children the cast have, the sooner the show will be doomed. At least so far they've restrained themselves and deviously bluffed their way around it but sooner or later someone is going to have a kid, and then game over.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Khavall wrote: »
    God I could listen to NPH sing all day

After watching this I tracked down the episode of batman: brave and the bold he did, and oh my god it was fantastic.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    tbloxham wrote: »
    Is it just me or does Robin look extremely hot now after getting pregnant.

Yeah. Yeah she does.

Edit: And she's really pumping out the little ones. The first one was born before this season started, and she's expecting again.

NOOOO! The more children the cast have, the sooner the show will be doomed. At least so far they've restrained themselves and deviously bluffed their way around it but sooner or later someone is going to have a kid, and then game over.

As long as they don't go baby crazy and ruin the series. If the actors want to have kids, that's alright, but the only kids the show is allowed is Ted's! And only in their teenage forms.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I stopped caring about Ted and his stupid holy grail around season 2. The supporting characters are so much better than the main guy it seems silly to spend so much time on the guy.

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's still fun seeing his over the top romantic acts off and on, though.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ted is more likable when he's dating someone. Especially when he was dating Robin.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ted needs to have a girl around to bring out his incessant quirkiness

and I also find the actor kinda attractive. I'd date Ted. :)

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm in agreement for Barney water-skiing in a suit being my favorite random gag of the episode.

I saw that and said "new wallpaper"

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ted is more likable when he's dating someone. Especially when he was dating Robin.

I liked Victoria a lot.

Partly because the episode where he meets her at the wedding is by far the most resonant romantic episode of this show.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I liked Victoria a lot.

Partly because the episode where he meets her at the wedding is by far the most resonant romantic episode of this show.
    That was a great episode. I used to hold out hope that somehow she would end up being the mother. :(

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    BackstopBackstop Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I suppose it's still possible, people break up and then end up together after "growing up" all the time. That's pretty much the plot of a movie I watched recently, actually twice over the main dude meets back up with an old flame. That would be a neat little twist if the room-mate with the yellow umbrella turned out to be Victoria. With some globe-trotting under her belt to make her more worldly plus the good relationship they had might fill out the equation for Ted. I don;t remember if the narration ever said specifiaclly that Victoria is [maury] ...NOT THE MOTHER[/maury]

The TedMosbyIsNotAJerk.com site referenced in the TV show is supposedly put up by Victoria, which seems odd because as far as Victoria knows Ted cheated on him with Robin. But it probably is someone completely new.

Backstop on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »

I liked Victoria a lot.

That was a great episode. I used to hold out hope that somehow she would end up being the mother. :(

Yeah, I keep hoping that too.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Victoria arc was my favorite in the series. It just felt right.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    ueanuean Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ugh, me and my wife cringed every time she opened her mouth. Really did not like the actress, whoever she was. She stuck out like a sore thumb.. Of course, with the main cast the way they are, I really don't think anyone would fit in very well unless they got lucky.

No, didn't like Stella either (but maybe that's because I think she looks ridiculous having lost so much weight. Like her head is going to drag her over to the pavement)

uean on
    Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You know, I was really hoping that Stacy Keebler would be "blonde who is cock-blocking Barney" from a few seasons back.

Ironically, my wife found Barney hotter when he suited down.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You know, I was really hoping that Stacy Keebler would be "blonde who is cock-blocking Barney" from a few seasons back.

Ironically, my wife found Barney hotter when he suited down.

Absurd. NPH exudes hotness no matter what his attire.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    JWLJWL Registered User new member
    edited January 2010

Its been done before:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l315XLkhBX4

JWL on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I suppose it's still possible, people break up and then end up together after "growing up" all the time. That's pretty much the plot of a movie I watched recently, actually twice over the main dude meets back up with an old flame. That would be a neat little twist if the room-mate with the yellow umbrella turned out to be Victoria. With some globe-trotting under her belt to make her more worldly plus the good relationship they had might fill out the equation for Ted. I don;t remember if the narration ever said specifiaclly that Victoria is [maury] ...NOT THE MOTHER[/maury]

The TedMosbyIsNotAJerk.com site referenced in the TV show is supposedly put up by Victoria, which seems odd because as far as Victoria knows Ted cheated on him with Robin. But it probably is someone completely new.

Tedmosbyisajerk.com is the one the show referenced, and the one that they made. The site you're talking about was made by a fan.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Today's episode was pretty damn good.

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    They've gotta stop having awesome guest stars for just one episode.

Oh that Jenkins.

hippofant on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Loved the drinking game. Wanted more Barney.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Marshal and Lily were the reverse of the Philly episode.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Loved the drinking game. Wanted more Barney.

He was busy directing the episode.

God I love Amanda Peet... in a naughty way.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
This discussion has been closed.