As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DDO] Dungeons & Dragons Online - Want people to play with? Top of the OP for info

• Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You mean respawning Elementals in a Lava filled cave/maze is not a recipe for a good time?

Who-Psyd on
  • Options
    Stryker43Stryker43 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sale starting Friday:

Monk & Favored Soul (25% off)
    Restless Isles Adventure Pack (25% off)
    Potions, Rest Shrines, Rez Cakes, etc. (25% off)

Stryker43 on
    camo_sig2.png
    XBL/PSN/Origin/NNID: StrykerFL GuildWars/GW2: Anton Firemaker FFRK: erNA
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    You mean respawning Elementals in a Lava filled cave/maze is not a recipe for a good time?

Worst thing is the ones sitting on flame vents that get constantly healed from the fire.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't required to go back and forth through the entire dungeon so many times, if you don't already know what to do. And even when you do know what to do, your going through everything at least twice!

Also the 20ft deep pits of lava..... ouch. I was freaking out at one point when our scroll carrier (the final item you have to give to the guy) fell into one of those. Luckily we were able to get his stone as he was really close to a ledge, but damn.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There are capped level people who still don't have Taming the Flames on Elite.
    There is a very good reason for this.
    One of the worsts quests ever. EVER.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Waterworks quest rewards are better than anything else in Harbor. Like, my drow barbarian now has +2 weapons in both main and off hand. And I had to solo the last fucking part.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What is the point of having diehard only during rage? That is completely and utterly useless.

You have a better chance of living if you don't have rage and just hope that you stabilize.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Stryker43 wrote: »
    Sale starting Friday:

Monk & Favored Soul (25% off)
    Restless Isles Adventure Pack (25% off)
    Potions, Rest Shrines, Rez Cakes, etc. (25% off)

Thank you sir, updating to the OP!

Henroid on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Quite pissed off. Still haven't gotten the 500 TP I was owed when I first signed on as VIP in DDO, and my account's about to roll over into its second month.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    ReitenReiten Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    korodullin wrote: »
    Quite pissed off. Still haven't gotten the 500 TP I was owed when I first signed on as VIP in DDO, and my account's about to roll over into its second month.

They're having problems with the system. Make sure to submit a ticket via the website (not game). It might take a while, but they'll get the pts to you. There are a couple threads about it in the DDO forums. You can find the right link there. You have to submit a ticket if there is a problem with your TP!

Reiten on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah the VIP system is apparently rather borked still.

HamHamJ on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's just the points. Everything else is basically working as far as I can tell. Some people just don't seem to be getting the points automatically like they should, so you have to report it and they'll get them to you.

Reiten on
  • Options
    maraxus94maraxus94 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    All right, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick this up again (Played in beta/launch) now that I can do so for $free, but from what I understand this is still a very team oriented game. Do we have any specific classes/roles that need filling? Any of the classes really sound like they would be a lot of fun, I just want to get some D&D action going on here.

maraxus94 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Reiten wrote: »

They're having problems with the system. Make sure to submit a ticket via the website (not game). It might take a while, but they'll get the pts to you. There are a couple threads about it in the DDO forums. You can find the right link there. You have to submit a ticket if there is a problem with your TP!

I've submitted two tickets via the website (making sure it was about "Turbine Point Issues"). One over a week ago and one yesterday. I haven't even gotten an automated message saying my ticket's been received, much less anything about resolution.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    RenegenRenegen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I really like the game, It's D&D! The parties are really fun, I saw my first bard ever today, he was damn good too.

Renegen on
    ---Yeah
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Finally get the urge to play and the server goes down for maintenance =(
    Oh well, suppose I should actually get some college work done anyway!
    (Btw, I'm Brynden, though I'm sure I haven't spoken with alot of you ;p)

Varethius on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man I really should put more time into this again..

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been off the game for the last week or so. At first it was me taking a break from binging, but now it's a matter of internet problems; our router is shit.

Henroid on
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hi! I've just started playing as a rogue (still level 1) on Cannith and I'll be looking to join the Lookouts once I'm a bit more familiar (I played a bit with a paladin and a ranger, so I'm not a brand new baby. Soloing some quests that were easy as pie for paladin or ranger are pretty hard as a rogue!) but I have some questions... What's UMD? Also, I noticed in my character sheet it says there's a level cap of 4... does this mean I can't play past level 4 without buying something?

So if anyone sees Bloo Shampoo, halfling rogue in Korthos please say hey! Usually on evenings EST.

Fleeb on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Fleeb wrote: »
    Hi! I've just started playing as a rogue (still level 1) on Cannith and I'll be looking to join the Lookouts once I'm a bit more familiar (I played a bit with a paladin and a ranger, so I'm not a brand new baby. Soloing some quests that were easy as pie for paladin or ranger are pretty hard as a rogue!) but I have some questions... What's UMD? Also, I noticed in my character sheet it says there's a level cap of 4... does this mean I can't play past level 4 without buying something?

So if anyone sees Bloo Shampoo, halfling rogue in Korthos please say hey! Usually on evenings EST.

Use Magic Device, lets you use Items that you normally could not [Race/Class specific] if your UMD is higher then the UMD DC listed on item.

At certain levels you have to find/buy a leveling Sigil to progress, they drop as Quest End rewards or can be purchased at DDO Store.

Who-Psyd on
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Great, thanks!

Fleeb on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmm... 25% off shared bank.. Anyone know if thats worth it?

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's 20 slots. If you've got a good number of alts, or a good amount of Bound to Account gear, it may be worth it.

Stryker43 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Half off on adventure pack guest passes. That's a neat sale.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hmm... 25% off shared bank.. Anyone know if thats worth it?

It makes storing stuff in bank alts a billion times faster than mailing each... individual... item...

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey, was hoping to join up with you guys, but I can't seem to find any officers on (possibly all anon?). I'm in game atm on my dwarf barb, Woosi, if anyone's around :)

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm sorta wishing I hadnt levelled up to 5 before finishing all the level 2 Harbor / Marketplace quests.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JaedlynJaedlyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Hey, was hoping to join up with you guys, but I can't seem to find any officers on (possibly all anon?). I'm in game atm on my dwarf barb, Woosi, if anyone's around :)

You can always send a mail to an officer asking for an invite, when they log on they can send you a guild invite sigil back. Feel free to send a mail to Niladaya, I check it daily even if i don't play the character that day.

Jaedlyn on
    Some people are like slinkies, useless, but they always manage to bring a smile to your face when you...push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Anyone have any tips on how to pick weapons? So far I have just used the Weapon Damage rating I think its called. But that seems to totally preclude daggers, shortswords, mauls, and lots of other weapons.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Anyone have any tips on how to pick weapons? So far I have just used the Weapon Damage rating I think its called. But that seems to totally preclude daggers, shortswords, mauls, and lots of other weapons.

What is your class (or multiclass) and race?

Reiten on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm mostly running a Human pure Barbarian, but also wanted to run a Halfling pure Rogue.

EDIT: I'm mostly following the newbie builds from the DDO forums.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Not all Weapons are created Equal, Exotic > Martial > Simple in purely damage ratings.

Who-Psyd on
  • Options
    JaedlynJaedlyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Eventually your going to have a dozen different weapon sets as a melee character. For a pure rogue your most likely going to end up running with a rapier/shortsword combo most of the time, except when your up against something resistant to piercing. ((Unless you go thief acrobat))

For a pure barbarian, as a first character with no financial basis, I would go with using Greataxes or greatswords. Decent one handed weapons are expensive because of all the dual wield characters there are out there. Only having to pick up one weapon per situation saves inventory space, and money in the long run. Both Greataxes and greatswords are covered with slashing weapons, so you get a wide range without taking an exotic feat for a khopesh or whatever.

Jaedlyn on
    Some people are like slinkies, useless, but they always manage to bring a smile to your face when you...push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    And carry a greatclub for skeletons.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, I'm only Level 5 and managed to pick up a +3 Greatsword on the cheap, along with a +3or4 Chestplate.

I usually run with Power-Attack on, should I run it as more of a situational thing? I'm trying to decide whether the increased damage is worth the reduction in to-hit. Especially when going face to face with enemies since its not often I have a tank to turn the creatures away from me.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Now that they've fixed the attack speed problem, you should probably run with either Falchion (crit range) or Great Axe (crit modifier) on a barbarian. Or go mauls and save some money since most people use slashing two handed weapons. If you buy the Delera's adventure pack, there is a great axe end reward that is quite nice for low level characters.

If you're having problems hitting the mob, then turn off Power Attack. Otherwise, leave it on. If you get too much agro, then maybe think about turning it off--although a decent cleric will appreciate only having to heal you if the other party members remember to stay behind the mob so that only you are taking damage. Rogues will also love you since then they can keep their backstab bonuses.

Reiten on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    One of my guildmates on Sarlona is a Rogue/Barbarian using a Vicious Falchion. As long as she's got a Cleric dumping heals on her, she does pretty nutso damage.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jaedlyn wrote: »
    Bullhead wrote: »

You can always send a mail to an officer asking for an invite, when they log on they can send you a guild invite sigil back. Feel free to send a mail to Niladaya, I check it daily even if i don't play the character that day.

Will do, thanks. Made it to lvl 2 barb, working on the snowy side quests atm.

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    One of my guildmates on Sarlona is a Rogue/Barbarian using a Vicious Falchion. As long as she's got a Cleric dumping heals on her, she does pretty nutso damage.

Did we ever find out if DR [Barbarian DR in this case] lowers the damage you take from Vicious weapons?

Who-Psyd on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I know that armor-based DR (Adamantine) does not prevent damage from Vicious. I'm not sure if class DR is coded differently however.

Stryker43 on
    camo_sig2.png