As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DDO] Dungeons & Dragons Online - Want people to play with? Top of the OP for info

• Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    are the lookouts still around? I got back on my dudes and I guess I was removed from the guild (understandable).

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    ReitenReiten Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    are the lookouts still around? I got back on my dudes and I guess I was removed from the guild (understandable).

Go the Social window (type 'o') and click on the "Who" tab. Sort by guild name and look for it. Send a tell to someone in the guild and ask if there is an officer online.

Reiten on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think there's a way to even just in-game mail an officer and they can mail you back a guild invite, so you dont need an officer online.

I dont know which officers regularly login anymore though.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, it appears that they are removing Sigils completely from the game soon and allowing everyone to naturally get to lvl 20 without them. They are also adding a few high level dungeons for free. Awesome.

Might have to get back into this.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That sounds pretty awesome.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stryker43Stryker43 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    They're also adding Casual mode, for soloing/less than full grouping. Shale may hit 20 yet...

Stryker43 on
    camo_sig2.png
    XBL/PSN/Origin/NNID: StrykerFL GuildWars/GW2: Anton Firemaker FFRK: erNA
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, it appears that they are removing Sigils completely from the game soon and allowing everyone to naturally get to lvl 20 without them. They are also adding a few high level dungeons for free. Awesome.

Hey there we go, that's some good news. Is there a link / quote with what they've officially said on it?

I haven't touched this thread in a while, for all the effort I put into it. AND I WONT BE BECAUSE I'LL BE ON THE ROAD IN A COUPLE HOURS MUAW HAHAHAHA

Edit - And what's this casual mode?

Henroid on
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Henroid wrote: »

Hey there we go, that's some good news. Is there a link / quote with what they've officially said on it?

I haven't touched this thread in a while, for all the effort I put into it. AND I WONT BE BECAUSE I'LL BE ON THE ROAD IN A COUPLE HOURS MUAW HAHAHAHA

Edit - And what's this casual mode?

Casual is a revamped Solo for quests that are not Solo Only. Allows for more then one player at a reduced difficulty and loot value from Normal, will be available for all Quests excluding Raids and Solo Only. Currently up on the Test server.

Who-Psyd on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So quests that aren't Solo-only will have:

Solo
    Casual
    Normal
    Hard
    Extreme

Right?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    So quests that aren't Solo-only will have:

Solo
    Casual
    Normal
    Hard
    Extreme

Right?

Casual replaces Solo on any non Solo Only quest. so the difficulty would be:

Casual
    Normal
    Hard
    Elite
    Epic [If available]

Who-Psyd on
  • Options
    ChuckNorrisTypeRChuckNorrisTypeR Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Made a new guy on your server, playing now in the noob zone name is Bloodmachine I'm a Ranger

ChuckNorrisTypeR on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Woo, more rangers.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Leeching this down out of curiosity.

desc on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    My account has been deleted after 60+ days of inactivity.
    All the paid content are now gone.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Dis wrote: »

Is this true? If so that is f'd up. I still have my account from when i bought the boxed game ages ago.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Are you sure they deleted your account for inactivity? I've never heard of that before. In fact, I've logged into accounts that were inactive for months at a time.

Reiten on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Reiten wrote: »
    Are you sure they deleted your account for inactivity? I've never heard of that before. In fact, I've logged into accounts that were inactive for months at a time.

So have i, thats why i dont understand how its possible.

Elimination on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Walking around, chopping dudes. Is it really 60 g for a healing potion from this vendor? What the heck.

desc on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, you really want to get a Cleric / Favored soul healer. Or in a pinch a Wizard if you are a Warforged race.

Clerics are also fairly good soloists if you really must abstain from grouping. But a good cleric never really needs to solo. ;)

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChuckNorrisTypeRChuckNorrisTypeR Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Played some on the ranger, he doesn't seem to be a great solo artist though, might roll a fighter or pally but still unsure about to get on now and try him in a group if anyone is on in the noob zone.

ChuckNorrisTypeR on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GrouchyGratchGrouchyGratch Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    There's a review and release date for the DDO Update 3.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/163/feature/3958/page/1

Highlights:
    • "On February 3rd, Update 3 will go live on DDO's servers. "
    • "Update 3 removes this sigil system entirely, allowing players unrestricted, non-gated access from level one to twenty."
    • "new difficulty [casual] is available on all quests except raids and solo-only quests, and is catered to players who like to go through quests alone or with a small group, and find normal difficulty a bit too much."
    • "this update introduces four free high level dungeons, from CR (Challenge Rating) 13 to 18"
    • "beholder drinking game", "dragon fight", "endless amusement of sending kobolds rocketing into the sky and to their doom"
    • "Two new types of reincarnation have been introduced as a DDO Store exclusive as well, allowing players to fully respec existing characters, including multi-class choices."

Hmm... I just typed in the whole article. Oh well. Looks like a good update especially since it's mostly free (appears level respecs cost turbine points).

GrouchyGratch on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    There's a review and release date for the DDO Update 3.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/163/feature/3958/page/1

Highlights:
    • "On February 3rd, Update 3 will go live on DDO's servers. "
    • "Update 3 removes this sigil system entirely, allowing players unrestricted, non-gated access from level one to twenty."
    • "new difficulty [casual] is available on all quests except raids and solo-only quests, and is catered to players who like to go through quests alone or with a small group, and find normal difficulty a bit too much."
    • "this update introduces four free high level dungeons, from CR (Challenge Rating) 13 to 18"
    • "beholder drinking game", "dragon fight", "endless amusement of sending kobolds rocketing into the sky and to their doom"
    • "Two new types of reincarnation have been introduced as a DDO Store exclusive as well, allowing players to fully respec existing characters, including multi-class choices."

Hmm... I just typed in the whole article. Oh well. Looks like a good update especially since it's mostly free (appears level respecs cost turbine points).

This is fantastic update. Will bring even more people into the game i am sure. I think i might even go back to it after this.

Elimination on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You could already pretty much solo most normals, I don't... what?

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Any news on them fixing Traps on Elite difficulty to no longer 1-shot any and all characters?

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hockey JohnstonHockey Johnston Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Aw, I like super-deadly traps.

Hockey Johnston on
  • Options
    GrouchyGratchGrouchyGratch Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    Any news on them fixing Traps on Elite difficulty to no longer 1-shot any and all characters?

That got mostly fixed in a patch a while ago. They're still pretty painful at high levels (as they should be), but the 1-shot'ing elite traps below L10 were reverted to their previous damage #'s.

GrouchyGratch on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Epic traps are supposed to basically 1-shot you.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Epic traps are supposed to basically 1-shot you.

He is refering to a Bug where Elite Traps were doing more damage then Epic Traps.

Who-Psyd on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    so is this game any good. Thinking of trying it out. Many PAers still play?

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    EladrinEladrin Registered User new member
    edited February 2010
    Dis wrote: »
    There's no inactivity deletion in DDO - accounts from the end of beta should still be sitting around, ready to be reactivated. Customer service should be able to help you, if something strange happened.

Eladrin on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not often you get one of the main game developers posting.

Reiten on
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    Just started again today. I was shocked how good the game is. The redesigns are elegant and work, and the item shop is absurdly cheap.

Teth on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think i will be going back to this game soon. I'll be updating the guild roster as needed and inviting anyone who wants in ect.

Elimination on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I'd be in for another round of this game. I sort of miss my FS and his little spinning ball of death self.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well the new update with the new quests and how they did away with leveling sigils was enticing enough to make me want to come back, at least casually.

Edit:

Correction, i guess i wont be playing. The game crashes during the intro scene instantly, every single time. No idea why, gives no error, just crashes. Apparently it doesn't like the fact i changed video cards from nVidia to ATI. It worked with my older nVidia but not with my newer ATI card.

Edit 2:

Ok all is well, got it working. I bought a couple of premium adventures for the more scarce levels. Ready to roll back out.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dude, ATi cards are fucking goofy. The things they work with, they do pretty good. Unfortunately, a lot of stuff doesn't work with them so they tank. Still, have you updated the drivers on your new card?

It's tempting to play again (job+income pending), if only because I wanna see what the game looks like after I get a more modern PC. Having to play with shitty graphics isn't cutting it anymore.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I haven't had any issues with my ATI card except with this game. But it was solved with a simple "run as administrator" derp.

Yeah the drivers are up to date.

Elimination on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    http://www.massively.com/2010/02/26/one-million-new-adventurers-in-dungeons-and-dragons-online

Guess Turbine's reworking of the subscription system paid off big time.

EDIT: For some reason, when I edit a post, the "Save" button was changed to "Vote Now". Wierd.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Re-Downloading now.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Morvidus wrote: »
    http://www.massively.com/2010/02/26/one-million-new-adventurers-in-dungeons-and-dragons-online

Guess Turbine's reworking of the subscription system paid off big time.

EDIT: For some reason, when I edit a post, the "Save" button was changed to "Vote Now". Wierd.

Hey wow, good for Turbine on that. :D

I know there's a lot of people who will scoff at a million due to WoW's diluting of the number, but it's still good.

Henroid on