As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DDO] Dungeons & Dragons Online - Want people to play with? Top of the OP for info

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I don't find it hard, but people die left and right because its a PUG. I bet if I did a PA one, we'd steamroll it.

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    Okay, this is pissing me off. Whenever I go to the server select all I see is that every server is Closed. I uninstalled the client and downloader and did a complete reinstall and I'm getting the same shit. What is going on?

Think there's a thread in the official forums you can post in to fix that if you keep getting that closed thing.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »
    A duck! wrote: »
    Okay, this is pissing me off. Whenever I go to the server select all I see is that every server is Closed. I uninstalled the client and downloader and did a complete reinstall and I'm getting the same shit. What is going on?

Think there's a thread in the official forums you can post in to fix that if you keep getting that closed thing.

I just made a new account on a lark and for some reason it worked. I have no idea what the fuck.

A duck! on
  • Options
    Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So for that level 2 kobold quest, Butchers Way (or something similar), anyone know where the hidden treasure is? I've been through that a few times and haven't found it.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So for that level 2 kobold quest, Butchers Way (or something similar), anyone know where the hidden treasure is? I've been through that a few times and haven't found it.

Hmm, is that the one where they stole some dude's shit and you have to go back in a warehouse and take it back? It's in all the way in the back in an alcove you have to climb up to in the last room.

JJ on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Its the one where some chick is like "man you totally couldn't survive this hardcore Butchers Path" and your all like "I so can WATCH ME".

The quest is just to make it to the end and kill 80 kobolds along the way. There is an optional thing for finding the treasure.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh shit, don't know. Guessing you would need some rogue bastard or someone with high int to find the secret doors and shit for that.

JJ on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Me and a rogue did it together twice.

There is one room which you have to swim to which is literally empty. He searched around (as did I) though we couldn't find anything.

Seems rather suspicious for there to be some semi-secret room which is just completely empty. Not even a crate or a critter.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I think I see it on there. Thanks!

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I bought the Catacombs content for my pali, even though she's now about to surpass it. Got to level 6 with it, but I'm two ranks off from getting my damn Hunter of the Dead prestige. D:

Still, I took the time to poke around at my gear trying to replace what I could, since it's cripplingly bad (aside from the sword and actual body armor). I ended up getting some +4 full plate.

ddopalilvl6.jpgddopalilvl6b.jpg

Henroid on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    citizen059 wrote: »
    I posted this in the last thread, I'll put it here too. It has a lot of info about favor rewards & such, to help with getting through while buying as little as possible.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2396345

Holy fuck this information is useful. It should be archived somewhere.

Henroid on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow... fuck that quest tonight. Right in the ear.

Level 6, one rank from Hunter of the Dead. Anyone finds an awesome Kopesh or three, I'll provide the hookers and blow.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    GaruGaru Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Lookouts: 1 Fire Giant King: 0

Actually, I think it was The Lookouts: 1 Fire Giant King: 1.

Garu on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Tell me about this quest you guys did. I heard there were scorpions and sexing with them for whatever reason.

Also, I just did a mildly substantial update to the OP. Some formatting, an inclusion to new people who want to join about how they can play whatever they want and shouldn't be worried about what we need, spoiler-tagged the list of pre-builds because they're stupid anyway, and finally the bulk of updating was for the turbine points section.

Oh, and the link to the DDO thread that has tons of info about it has been added all over the place to the OP.

Edit - And what the hell, I put the official log in there too!

Henroid on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This is a great link.

Much better than just the flat list. I'm still playing with it trying to figure out how to maybe edit the picture from the default and such. It's kinda clunky.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    This is a great link.

Much better than just the flat list. I'm still playing with it trying to figure out how to maybe edit the picture from the default and such. It's kinda clunky.

Oh my God, that page is beautiful!

By the way, a certain someone said he wasn't interested in giving The Protomen a listen. I am here to force it upon him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGvqMXYhYhU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUpIg9ZFsd4

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ok i figured out how to edit that page and made a quick 5-minute job profile icon for it too. So now it has some personality.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Mind if I take a stab at making an icon sir?

Edit - What have we here? :D
    lookoutsicon.png

Edit Edit - May we die in the dungeon.

Also if we have random people in-game ask to join they have to answer this question: What is a basilisk?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    Mind if I take a stab at making an icon sir?

Edit - What have we here? :D
    lookoutsicon.png

Edit Edit - May we die in the dungeon.

Also if we have random people in-game ask to join they have to answer this question: What is a basilisk?

Did you just make that? Or is it pieced together from elsewhere? Much cooler than my 5 min job, but it doesn't show the guild name. I could change that though.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nevermind, thats from the lookouts comic. I should edit it a bit and put it up though. Much more fitting.

Elimination on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Indeed, it works quite well.

The Lookouts was a pretty great idea, even if it got fleshed out and done by a guest artist. I was thrilled to see the guild name was following that comic. :D

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ok i took that image and edited it a little to make it more towards the guild. And yeah i thought it was a fitting name for the guild.

Elimination on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wow. The Peer 2 Peer downloading is bullshit. I spent the better part of yesterday trying to download the full game with no dice.

I cut that off and it started over and I'm almost done an hour or so later. o.0

Okay, or not. Now it looks like it started over AGAIN and now is saying it's going to take 15 hours. They really could do a much better job than they're doing with all this.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Do same named bonuses stack in the game? For instance, if I had a trinket which gave a +1 enhancement bonus to strength, and a belt which gave a +1 enhancement bonus to strength, would they stack?

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Do same named bonuses stack in the game? For instance, if I had a trinket which gave a +1 enhancement bonus to strength, and a belt which gave a +1 enhancement bonus to strength, would they stack?

No. If you have multiple bonuses to a single stat from items it will default to whichever is highest, or if they're tied it will simply be redundant.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    As a general rule of thumb, the only kind of bonus that stacks is a Dodge bonus. For everything else, you can have one bonus (The highest) from any type. (Enhancement, Armor, Shield, Luck, Deflection, etc. This counts for spells, worn items, feats, enhancements and racial/class abilities, unless specifically stated otherwise.)

Someone can probably find you a link to all the different of bonus types in game, but sadly I'm at work behind a very odd filter.

Key phrase here is "General rule of thumb", you may find exceptions, but the only thing that comes to mind are the racial/class Enhancements that increase your stats, and I can' recall offhand what kind of bonus they are.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh god, are there no bags that hold spell components like Fine Sand for Wizards or candles for Clerics?

If so, this is going to be an enormous chore.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Scosglen wrote: »

No. If you have multiple bonuses to a single stat from items it will default to whichever is highest, or if they're tied it will simply be redundant.

Alright, thats what I assumed.

Another question: In the pen and paper game, all races have a favored class. When multiclassing with your favored class, you incur no penalties. However, if you try multiclassing with two classes not your favored class, and the two classes are 3 or so levels apart from eachother, you start taking exp penalties. Does DDO have anything like this?

I ask because I am considering having my 3rd level Elf Cleric take a level in Fighter when he hits 4. Mostly because I want martial weapon proficiency, though the extra feat will also be nice, and I don't think there would be any benefits for taking a single level of Paladin for that.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    korodullin wrote: »
    Oh god, are there no bags that hold spell components like Fine Sand for Wizards or candles for Clerics?

it really isntm they all stack into the 500 range or something and take up 1 spot in inventory. Its not really bad.

Elimination on
  • Options
    BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There are no multi-classing xp penalties in DDO, but you can only have a total of 3 classes.

Spell components stack to 1000, I never found it to be a problem on my wizard.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    In my effort to abuse the system they have in place, I started working on getting 50 favor on each server aside from Cannith. TP is delicious!

Also yeah, spell components aren't that much of a chore to handle in your inventory. In fact inventory management isn't that big of a deal in this game because of how the sell menus work at vendors. They just list out your shit, you don't have to sell items from your inventory window directly like in WoW.

Henroid on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

it really isntm they all stack into the 500 range or something and take up 1 spot in inventory. Its not really bad.

One slot in the inventory? Do higher-level reagents also work for low-level ones as well?

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bloodshed wrote: »
    As a general rule of thumb, the only kind of bonus that stacks is a Dodge bonus. For everything else, you can have one bonus (The highest) from any type. (Enhancement, Armor, Shield, Luck, Deflection, etc. This counts for spells, worn items, feats, enhancements and racial/class abilities, unless specifically stated otherwise.)

Someone can probably find you a link to all the different of bonus types in game, but sadly I'm at work behind a very odd filter.

Key phrase here is "General rule of thumb", you may find exceptions, but the only thing that comes to mind are the racial/class Enhancements that increase your stats, and I can' recall offhand what kind of bonus they are.

So I'm clear (total newb here), if I choose the +to armor for my aura as pally, it doesn't double stack with anything else? So, I should go for Fear (or +save?) resistance since almost nothing else gives benifits to those skills?

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Reagents are specific per spell. If something needs dust, it needs dust. If something needs a pinch of dung, it needs a pinch of dung.

It's really hard to fill your inventory up, slot wise. You'd really have to do like five quests in a row, all of which have treasures in them, to fill up like one bag.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

So I'm clear (total newb here), if I choose the +to armor for my aura as pally, it doesn't double stack with anything else? So, I should go for Fear (or +save?) resistance since almost nothing else gives benifits to those skills?

Feats and enhancements will provide bonuses that stack. The only time things don't stack is when it's one item and another.

+1 AC from the Dodge feat and +1 AC from a ring will stack.

+1 AC from a ring and +2 from another will not stack. You'll only get the +2.

Edit - Also, the paladin auras are passive and work simultaneously, you don't have to choose which one you use. They're active once you get them. FOREVER.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

It depends on what the bonus is. If it just says +2 to Armor Class, then that is an untyped bonus and stacks with everything. At least thats how I think it works.

If it says +2 enhancement bonus to armor class, then that bonus will not stack with other enhancement bonuses.

Foolish Chaos on
  • Options
    ReitenReiten Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    One slot in the inventory? Do higher-level reagents also work for low-level ones as well?

They stack to 1000 and it's one inventory slot for each reagent. Each spell level has a different reagent, plus there are a few special reagents, like for Stoneskin. Even at cap, you'll only have about 10-12 slots taken total. Remember that as you get more Coin Lords favor, you'll also get more inventory tabs, so it's really not that big of a deal.

Some spells don't even need them. I don't think my pure pally carries any, unless I'm casting Holy Sword, since the spells he has mem'd don't have a material component to them.

When you're buying big stacks of items, remember to hold down the control key as you select them and then you can type in the amount you want rather than clicking endlessly.

Reiten on
  • Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

No but, take the eschew materials metamagic feat as one of your feats. The 2 more SP is negligible and now no more worrying about mats.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009

It depends on what the bonus is. If it just says +2 to Armor Class, then that is an untyped bonus and stacks with everything. At least thats how I think it works.

If it says +2 enhancement bonus to armor class, then that bonus will not stack with other enhancement bonuses.

this is incorrect. +2 to armour class is +2 to armour AC and does not stack with other armour AC's such as the +5 AC part of +5 Fullplate, it will not give you +7 AC, only +5.

Elimination on