As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We got both kinds

• iglidanteiglidante Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This was, of course, done before this thread even started, but today's new strip has my first additional character. What do you think of my happy elephant?

2009-10-09-the-cookie-tree.jpg

iglidante on
  • CrowlestonCrowleston Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If you know the strips are the same garbage over and over and you say you want to try new things, why do you keep posting this awful backlot of comics? Just because they exist doesn't mean they are worth anything.

Crowleston on
    useless but necessary objects of society.
    edited October 2009
    Uh...I never said I thought they were all the same garbage over and over again. It was more like a nod to "this isn't a completely different style, but it's something new - and it's a new character." I just wanted to see if anyone liked the elephant. And his tree.

iglidante on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Ok, you drew a fuzzy elephant and a tree. Whoopie doo? This doesn't really qualify as 'something new'. It's like I'm showing you the left half of a new pair of shoes and you say "I hate it" and I say, "wait, wait, let me show you the right one."

tynic on
    edited October 2009
    Look, I don't know - I thought maybe someone would be all "well, the other two characters were lame, and the art is still static, but hey, that elephant is pretty cute." Or something like that. It's a happy elephant. Who eats cookies. Out of a tree. I think it's cute.

iglidante on
  • DavionDavion Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Instead of gnawing on Judas I imagine Satan just shows him these strips for eternity on an old iMac G3.
    Hades-1.jpg

The images are static and uninteresting, the dialogue isn't engaging and feels forced, all in all everything feels lifeless and lacks personality. I think you should quietly shelf this project and return to the drawing board, the formula you have right now just isn't working.

You've got seven pages of good advice and critiques to go on from some very talented people.

Davion on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well, I'm giving up. You're pretty adamant about keeping every single element of this strip that makes it not work. It reminds me of those invention shows where a guy spent thirty years, his entire life savings, and suffered through a divorce for an obviously shitty idea for an invention. You need to ask yourself why you're doing this. If it's because you honestly think its a good idea, then there's nothing we can do for you. You've shown your comic here and it's been pretty much shot down. Other forums you've alluded to have shot it down. Are you seriously going to just keep showing this to people until you find one who likes it? By the ads on your site, I can tell you're doing this for money, so do you really want such a narrow audience?

In conclusion, it's not working. Your art isn't working, your characters aren't working, the humor isn't working. Nothing is working in this comic, and almost all of it needs to change in order to even start working.

And keep in mind that these changes aren't going to make your strip hilarious. You need to make these changes in order to even be as funny as Garfield. Believe me, just because he's in the newspaper doesn't mean that is a comic strip you want to emulate.

Metalbourne on
    edited October 2009
    Davion wrote: »
    Hades-1.jpg

I just noticed that you actually Photoshopped the elephant onto the iMac. Satan seems to like it well enough.

iglidante on
  • CrowlestonCrowleston Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Satan is known for liking terrible things. You need to walk away from the "I think it's cute" idea. You aren't here for criticism anymore. I feel like you are walking on the line of the rules to whore out your site without actually breaking any of them. You aren't taking any feedback and continue to put out these "comics" that you have already done. So you have 15 more comics and THEN you are going to start working on the advice everyone has given you. Why? Whats the point of adding to the library when EVERYONE is telling you that what you do just doesn't work? Take the advice, walk away, and come back in a month or two.

Crowleston on
    useless but necessary objects of society.
    edited October 2009
    Because I am not here to whore out my comic, and because I need to draw new strips, I am going to step away from this for a bit. I gave one last shot at posting something recent, even something that was less surreal, pointless, and odd. It didn't take.

iglidante on
    edited October 2009
    Well, I'm giving up. You're pretty adamant about keeping every single element of this strip that makes it not work. It reminds me of those invention shows where a guy spent thirty years, his entire life savings, and suffered through a divorce for an obviously shitty idea for an invention. You need to ask yourself why you're doing this. If it's because you honestly think its a good idea, then there's nothing we can do for you. You've shown your comic here and it's been pretty much shot down. Other forums you've alluded to have shot it down. Are you seriously going to just keep showing this to people until you find one who likes it? By the ads on your site, I can tell you're doing this for money, so do you really want such a narrow audience?

In conclusion, it's not working. Your art isn't working, your characters aren't working, the humor isn't working. Nothing is working in this comic, and almost all of it needs to change in order to even start working.

And keep in mind that these changes aren't going to make your strip hilarious. You need to make these changes in order to even be as funny as Garfield. Believe me, just because he's in the newspaper doesn't mean that is a comic strip you want to emulate.

I'll put it this way: you guys (and other forums, in general) are the harshest audience I could possibly hope for. You've mercilessly ripped apart every single aspect of my comic. I genuinely like the idea, and am committed to making it in a form that is at least similar to this. But I want to refine it. By taking it on here and getting shredded, I've gotten some very valuable feedback. You might not agree with the way I implement that feedback, but still, I've got to say, I appreciate everything you guys have said. This has been a good thread.

iglidante on
    edited October 2009
    I did something new today, to sort of bring out some of the more unsavory elements of Mr. Stinky. Mainly, I want to know:

Do you find this creepy? Unsettling? Does the contrast between the first panel and the rest seem jarring enough? Thoughts in general?

I'll let this thread bury itself again once I get an answer - so please, don't shoot me.

Strip-40.jpg

iglidante on
  • CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wait... I get it. It's all an elaborate ruse. You're fucking with us, aren't you?

Because then this would finally be hilarious.

Charis on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    It's about fucking time.

Metalbourne on
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Um I have another suggestion that you can ignore. You are trying to be funny by being absurd. The elephant thing is just what the fuck. Its a tree with cookies in it.. ok thats absurd. Youve set the stage for absurdity.. the elephant squeals in delight.. and then it eats the cookies.. wheres the absurd punchline? I was expecting the tree to eat the elephant or something.

Kendeathwalker on
    edited October 2009
    It's about fucking time.

Can you elaborate on that?

EDIT: I can't tell if your response means "it's about time you did something like this" (as in, you think it's a step in the right direction), or something else entirely that I can't articulate at the moment.

iglidante on
    edited October 2009
    Charis wrote: »
    Wait... I get it. It's all an elaborate ruse. You're fucking with us, aren't you?

Because then this would finally be hilarious.

*sigh*

I almost want to tell you you're right, just because it would be fun. But this isn't an elaborate ruse. It's fucked up, but I'm treating this like an actual comic, and it's not a joke.

...oh, and I'm thinking that I have to do another elephant tree strip in the future, because since I posted it I've gotten a few suggestions that are more amusing than my original (which admittedly had no punchline and was a cheap grab at "aw, cute.")

I'm also switching to oval speech bubbles with curved connectors and a thinner (less black) border in the very near future, too.

iglidante on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    the cut of it, pal, is that despite talking about how you want to keep this comic a certain way you change it around all the time. at first you seemed to be going for pure absurdism, then you go for harmless, overly-simple gags ('falling' out of the window). finally you post an elephant eating cookies for the sake of cute. you seem to be relying on the inessential elements (the odd characters, and the copy-pasted look, the punchline of 'oh my these inanimate objects are doing things!') to carry a weird, kind of disturbed undertone throughout the comic for humor, and it clashes too much. In the end it doesn't come off as absurdist, silly or even lolrandom. just confused with a side of lazy.

the ketchup party is probably the best direction you can take this if you insist so heavily on it, and that kind of comedy is better represented in white ninja comics. look at how the artist gives his characters odd expressions for their situation (what you might be trying to do with the permanently smiling chew toy). white ninja however still maintains a tiny level of humanity by actually being able to emote, which makes him relatable (if in the basest sense), and making his situations amusing.

now look at dinosaur comics. every single comic is literally the same picture with varying dialogue and it remains one of the most popular webcomics on the internet. the writing is strong enough to make the characters likeable without visual expressions. your's isn't.

basically what i'm trying to say is to draw one of these completely by hand and give at least flying man some expressions. as an experiment, if nothing else. though what would be the absolute best would be for you to put the comic on hiatus and try different types of absurdism, or even different approaches to humor in general, and then come back and compare those to these, see what you can add and subtract.

mensch-o-matic on
    edited October 2009
    Absurdist is my first aim, though I admit many of the strips have fallen back on cheaper gags or "it's cute" on occasion, rather than being truly absurd. That's something I've been trying to jerk the wheel away from lately (although I did just do a shit joke, for what it's worth). I do want to carry a disturbed, weird undertone with a cute exterior. For example, here's a newer strip, "Burgertime Sunday":

2009-10-26-burgertime-sunday.jpg

Also, interesting that you call Flying Man a "chew toy."

iglidante on
  • LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    They both look like dog toys.

Lexxy on
    edited October 2009
    Lexxy wrote: »

Oh, it was intentional - that's just the first time anyone has ever actually called attention to it, so I was surprised.

iglidante on
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    what is behind the fence...?

still not funny. and I was going on the assumption that they were chew toys, it didn't really need to be said.

even though you might've seen it, I'm going to quote this here, because the reason these aren't funny is the same as the other comic thread I posted it in.
    srsizzy wrote: »
    I'm sorry to be so desolate. So far, I've seen no "end all, be all" advice in regards as to how to be funny. I just came from a panel of professors with MFAs in creative writing, and the biggest point made was "Having an MFA does not get you anywhere. The quality of your writing does." My point is: there's no "tool" to be a better writer, or more funny, other than just trying, seeing what works, failing, trying again, failing, and on and on like that.

As far as comics go, though, there aren't "workshop classes" for that. You can only show it to us, and all we can say is "This joke isn't funny." You can show us more jokes, but if it keeps happening where you say "My humor is random..." (which is the most common "excuse" with webcomics), then your humor probably doesn't belong in comic format. Well, belong meaning: you aren't going to be that successful and have an audience.

How to "become funny:"
    The point in being a comedian (which comics are basically just being a comedian with images and dialog) is to have humor that is highly accessible. You know how my humor has improved over time to be more accessible? Well, first I grew up from being a kid, then I just tried to be funny in real life. If you just make your friends laugh, but you can't make a stranger laugh, then it's not funny, it's just fun. It's just a trial-and-error process a lot of us go through in life. You have to be attuned to what other people find funny rather than what you just find funny.

Participating in random conversations in online forums and reading a lot of comics will help you achieve this. Some of the up-and-coming comics I read are people who have a strong "online presence" on some forum, they make a lot of friends there, and start making comics just to be funny to that audience, and then they grow from there.

Also, the only successful "from life" comics that I read either rely on a strong sense of writing interesting ideas, or extremely powerful humor. I'm not saying you have to be a "messiah," but that you have to be good. I don't think any of the people whose comics I read started out with no quality to their humor. Their humor evolves, but they started out with a powerful draw. They are genuinely funny people, they know how to make people laugh, and that comes across.
    Examples of funny comics:
    Look at Fletcher's thread for "Antics," look at Polkster's thread for "Polkout," look up Allan's "Allan Comic." These are all successful in my eyes. Also, MS Paint Adventures -- man, Andrew started small and silly and he's gotten a huge niche following by creating epic, grandiose adventure comics, with his own brand of humor which has grown over time. That's the other thing. Not only should your humor be accessible, but it's got to be individual, but often that just happens because we're people, and we're all individual. Half of that is the art.

Other examples of successful and accessible comics: Cyanide and Happiness, XKCD, A Softer World, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal.
    Look at what sorts of things these have in common. Look at the structure of a joke. For your first comic, reading the block of text is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to find the comic remotely funny. This is not how to write a good comic. The second one is cute, but it's random. There's good random and bad random. Family Guy can get away with bad random because it's Family Guy, and most of the time it's good random, with a strong punchline. The seriously-wtf-random only works in that context.

Family Guy would probably get away with the "Babe is not a gay name for an ox" in a...more effective way? I don't know. There's probably books about how to make humor effective. I'll make some shit up anyways.

The Success of A Comic

1. 50% is the Punchline. Is the punchline obvious? Is it accessible (meaning, do I need prior knowledge which isn't common to get it)? Example of success: John Stewart doesn't just make a joke about Sarah Palin without first showing us a clip of Sarah Palin being stupid. Punchlines should almost always catch the reader off-guard.

2. 30% is Expressiveness of Characters. This requires being a good artist and having a good grasp of expression. 50% practice, 50% talent. Only Penny Arcade and Ctrl-Alt-Del got away with starting out with piss-poor expressive characters.

3. 20% is the Lead. How do your characters speak? Is their very syntax funny? Does the style lend towards humor? Do you lead up to the punchline successfully? Even the parts of the joke which aren't punchlines need to feel funny.

Conclusion: This is an inverted pyramid (like a news article is). You have to draw your reader in with a lead, you have to keep them in with the style and expressiveness, and then you have to reward them for their effort with the punchline. If you let them down on the punchline too many times, they won't come back. If you can't lead to the punchline well, they won't even "finish" the comic -- sure, they'll read it, but they will no longer care. Very few comics succeed without expressiveness, some of these would be:
    Ctrl-Alt-Del, A Softer World (because it's photos, it's a different kind of expression), Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, and this comic Hitmen for Destiny which has terrible art, terrible punchlines, but I keep reading because this guy's got an excellent imagination and knows how to write an adventure.
    So...there you go. If you're committed, keep trying, but as with all forms of art, most people who try don't succeed, and that's just life. You try until you find what you're really good at and should be doing, and everyone has at least one thing that is expressive and allows them to be themselves.

"Absurdist fiction is a genre of fiction, drama or poetry that centers on the behavior of absurd characters, situations or subjects. While a great deal of absurdist fiction is humorous in nature, the hallmark of the genre is not humor, but rather the study of human behavior under circumstances that are highly unusual. Absurdist fiction posits little judgment about characters or their actions; that task is left to the reader."

this is not really "absurd." there's no character your audience can relate to, so in essence your audience becomes the "protagonist" which is subject to the absurd antics of the comic. because the audience doesn't have to give a fuck, your premise fails and just looks silly. Family Guy (for instance) gets away with "absurd" because it sets up a semi-normal world in which absurd things suddenly occur, and characters react to them -- either by ignoring them, or flipping out over them. if Family Guy were constantly absurd, then it wouldn't work, and it wouldn't be funny.

another example: Aqua Teen Hunger Force. this show succeeds because we have Frylock, and Frylock acts like a normal person would. he says "what the fuck is going on?!" if we did not have Frylock, the show would not succeed. for me, this is why other adult swim shows like Metalocalypse fail -- everyone lives in the land of "crazy ass shit," and therefore it's not absurd, it's just "crazy ass shit land."

does this make sense? I don't care about fluffy dog toys being retarded. almost no one does. random things happening on my screen does not illicit laughter.

solid example: Family Guy sets up a raccoon gag by making a raccoon come out of a TV and attack Peter, and then come out of a fridge and attack him. two things which make sense. THEN the raccoon comes out of Lois' cleavage -- it's absurd, but it is the ultimate punchline of the joke. seeing Peter get attacked by a raccoon elicits laughter. I know what a raccoon is, I see it attacking his face, I see him screaming, I see everyone being like "oh shit," and the raccoon came out of Lois' cleavage. one aspect of that is absurd, the rest is funny, it makes sense, it's grounded in reality, it's a solid punchline, and they LEAD UP TO IT fairly by having it come out of things that make sense first.

your comic would take this joke and instead make it:
    Panel 1: Peter is sitting in front of Lois. "Oh, what delightful cleavage!"
    Panel 2: Lois backs away, Peter advances. "Oh Lois, don't be so coy."
    Panel 3: Peter has a raccoon on his face.

the raccoon is not related to anything, it comes out of nowhere, and I don't care. your comic is relying on a failure in technical writing. the humor is not well-constructed.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    Why anyone would waste time at 4chan is beyond me.

Porn and holy shit a bunch of it?

Sheep on
    edited October 2009
    and if you're sick of me talking about Family Guy, here's other examples:

1. The Office; if you didn't have Jim and Pam, normal characters who react like we would, then few people would watch it.
    2. 30 Rock; if it were all about Jenna and Tracy, no one would watch it. we need Liz Lemon, she is our protagonist, we connect with her.
    3. South Park; if it were a show about Cartman, people would just get bored. again, Stan and Kyle are most often the true protagonists, and Cartmen is a jester.
    4. Penny Arcade; if Tycho wasn't sane most of the time, then a lot of Gabe's old lunacy would get boring.

We need contrasts; we need characters; we need something tangible to cling to. A series of nonsensical punchlines is not relatable. We need protagonists, we need people with feelings, these are how stories work, and then humor works through stories. Humor does not work for long on its own without some sort of human character. Chewbro here is not relatable, he's nuts, and he's random, and he is hardly a character.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What about The Far Side, where the jokes are all one off, without any recurring characters or continuity at all?

Food on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Food wrote: »
    What about The Far Side, where the jokes are all one off, without any recurring characters or continuity at all?

Those have punchlines where the picture alone gives you all the context/continuity you need.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    edited October 2009
    that, and iglidante clearly has constant characters. jokes of The Far Side make sense, are relatable, and rely on language and wit.

srsizzy on
    edited October 2009
    srsizzy wrote: »
    what is behind the fence...?

still not funny. and I was going on the assumption that they were chew toys, it didn't really need to be said.

the raccoon is not related to anything, it comes out of nowhere, and I don't care. your comic is relying on a failure in technical writing. the humor is not well-constructed.

Behind the fence is the french fry from many strips ago. I stuck it in there to make people ask what it was.

And honestly, after I had people ask me if Mr. Stinky was a piece of shit, I really wasn't so sure anyone would catch on that they were chew toys.

One comment I've gotten more than once is that there are simply too many random things - no stability - and that it makes the strip hard to relate to. You're saying that too.

iglidante on
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    this is how imagine the OP's keyboard looks like after this thread:

myiisgone.jpg

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Thats one of the most obtuse ways of calling some one a narcissist I have ever seen. Bravo sir.

Kendeathwalker on
    edited October 2009
    8-)

now read the thread again.

his posts look like a fucking barcode to me.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    iglidante wrote: »
    I stuck it in there to make people ask what it was.

In their heads, or to you directly? Did you think this was funny? Do you expect people to go "ohh, that's the french fry from earlier! I recognize it, haha!"

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited October 2009
    hey OP,

if it's any consolation, your comic is about as funny to me as Jerkcity is. i.e. not funny at all.

now i probably don't get that either, but to some, it's hilarious.

so i took the liberty of subjecting your work to a few people with an "acquired taste", to see if the fault lies with me.

results to be expected shortly.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    welp, this should be interesting. ^^

I wasn't going to post in here any more, because I was struggling to be constructive, but since I am - iglidante, you seem to be trying to second-guess your audience's reaction a lot, which is generally an error. "I'll put this in, to make people ask what it was" (and then presumably it will be some kind of 'reward' for those who are paying attention). But your comic is totally friggin' random, so even if people do notice it, and they won't, they're probably not going to care enough to connect it with anything that's happened before.

edit: oh, I got sidetracked. My main point was that you can never dictate how people are going to react, especially for subtle things - it's why the best comics usually have a whole bunch of layers ranging from reasonably obvious right down to the easter-egg level, because most people just won't care enough to 'get' everything.

tynic on
    edited October 2009
    iglidante wrote: »
    Lexxy wrote: »

Oh, it was intentional - that's just the first time anyone has ever actually called attention to it, so I was surprised.

yay! for my prize i want that emotional flying man >:T

mensch-o-matic on
    edited October 2009
    I know there's already a guest comic been posted and all, but I would really like to see an honest, whole-hearted attempt at doing something different. Go read a chapter of Dr. McNinja, then make us a page of a comic about a similarly ridiculous character on his adventures, drawn in that style. Hell, make us a literal Garfield comic. Try new things and get feedback on them to gain perspective on your old things.

Look at it this way: your first try at anything will nearly always be pretty awful. If you like this comic idea so much, don't you want to do it right? Do something else for a while, develop different styles, and when you come back to it you will be ready to make it everything you hoped you could make it.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited October 2009
    Sheesh, lots to respond to here.

bwanie: It took me a while to get that your joke - and some pouring over the keyboard to figure out which key you'd blanked out (after it dawned on me that you'd in fact done that). Also, curious about what your friends think, so be sure to share regardless of the reaction.

Sporky: The fry was an afterthought - no joke intended. Just something to make people look and think "what the hell is that thing behind the fence." Wasn't sure if anyone would notice.

tynic: Very true, though it wasn't a "reward" - there reallty wasn't any incentive for anyone to figure it out. And the "he fell out a window" joke (which wasn't the intended joke) alone has shown me people's reading of things will be different than expected, definitely.

m-o-m: Here is your reward:

Strip-38.jpg

iglidante on
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, once again I have no idea what I'm supposed to laugh at. When someone says "let us never speak of this again" or "pretend this never happened," it can be meant in a comedic sense but it's also a pretty tame joke. It has to follow something particularly shocking to have any hope of being effective, and panel 3 is not shocking at all since we were gearing up for that the whole time and the face is barely different besides!

Maybe reading this is killing my sense of humor too, but I don't know if this can be saved. I dunno. Here, what about this.
    72413625.jpg

Please read my post right above yours, ig!

UncleSporky on
  • worstcaseworstcase Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been reading all of the posts in this thread and it seems to me that you are not really getting any of the crits. You reply to them, buts its as if you never read them since nothing changes, or at least thats what im getting out of reading your replys to them. Honestly i think you should reread all of the crits that have been offered to you, because they really do have some good advice in them.

worstcase on
    edited October 2009
    unclesporky that edit

oh god

mensch-o-matic on