As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play: Lone Wolf - Jungle of Horror - That Xlorg has a rape face

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Page 319: The slimy creature lets out a long, ghastly death-cry and collapses. You are near to panic and scramble to your feet, grabbing what you think to be your belt from the jaws of the dead beast. You can see light in the far distance, and you sprint for it as fast as you can. When you finally emerge into the daylight, you fall onto the leafy ground and fight for breath in painful gasps.

Slowly sitting upright, you notice that you are still wearing your belt--you had not lost it after all. What you grabbed from the jaw of the Burrowcrawler was a leather strap with a small pouch and a sheathed Dagger halfway along it. You break open the clasp to find it contains 20 Gold Crowns. You may take both the Dagger and the Crowns if you are able to.

Feeling a little better now, you gather your Equipment together and push on eastwards into the forest.

Turn to 157.

Leaving the dagger but taking the coins.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 157: The forest begins to thin out until finally you can make out a road through the trees ahead. The highway is full of people heading south. Many are wheeling their possessions along on handcarts.

If you wish to join the refugees and perhaps learn more of what has happened in the north, turn to 30.

If you would prefer to continue to move south but under the cover of trees, turn to 167.

Kelor on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Trust me, he does.

edit: Become a super badass, that is.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Chrono HelixChrono Helix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Join the refugees.

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    smelly ass refugees, fuck that.

besides we have made a gentleman who is a friend of nature, go through the trees.

Duki on
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah, he probably feels more comfortable on his own sticking to the cover of the trees.

Aw man, why did you have to ditch the dagger? Daggers are cool, and very appropriate for sneaksy guys like us.

Dangerbird on
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We'll probably find out more about what we're facing if we join the refugees.

Man in the Mists on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I flipped a coin, trees it is.

Page 167: You have been travelling for about a mile when you notice two legs sticking out from behind a large boulder.

If you possess and wish to use the Kai Discipline of Sixth Sense, turn to 178.

If you wish to take a closer look, turn to 88.

If you would rather avoid meeting their owner and press on into the forest, turn to 264.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm just going to assume we're using Sixth Sense here?

Page 178: Your skill enables you to recognize the boots and leggings of a King's soldier. You can sense that the man is wounded and in need of help.

If you wish to aid him, turn to 88.

If you would rather leave him here, turn to 264.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Help him of course!

What kind of hero would we be if we didn't help somebody in need?

Dangerbird on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I only help people in this game because I think they'll give me cool shit.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited September 2009

How many books are in that DS game you said you bought? I wasn't even aware of it until I started reading up for this thing.

Kelor on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kelor wrote: »

How many books are in that DS game you said you bought? I wasn't even aware of it until I started reading up for this thing.

There's two thus far.

http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php

It's nice, handles all the roll calculations for you, can easily flip through inventory, and you just tap on the options. Perfectly readable font as well.

As for helping,
    Need to help that speared wraith-in-disguise to get that magic spear.
    That fucking magic spear that you need if you don't have animal kinship or else you're completely stuck in a dead end later in the game, except to get it you have to fight that fucking wraith with crazy stats. I fucking rolled that combat something like 500 times to get through that section.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 88: You cautiously peer around the rock to see a soldier lying on his back. By his side is a Spear and shield. On the shield is the painting of a white pegasus--the Prince of Sommerlund's emblem. He is one of the Prince's soldiers, and he is only just conscious. His uniform is badly torn, and you can see that he has a deep wound in his left arm. As you move nearer, his eyes flicker open. 'Heal me, my Lord,' he begs. 'I can barely feel my arm.'

If you possess and wish to use the Kai Discipline of Healing on this man, turn to 216.

If you do not possess the skill, or do not want to use it, then turn to 31.

We don't have healing, so 31 it is.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 31: You try to comfort the injured man as best you can, but his wounds are serious and he is soon unconscious again. Covering him with his cape, you turn and press deeper into the forest.

Turn to 264.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 264: You have not gone far when you hear the sound of battle to the west.

If you wish to follow the sound, turn to 97.

If you would rather continue south, turn to 6.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    B:L wrote: »
    As for helping,
    That fucking magic spear that you need if you don't have animal kinship or else you're completely stuck in a dead end later in the game, except to get it you have to fight that fucking wraith with crazy stats. I fucking rolled that combat something like 500 times to get through that section.
    How did animal kinship help you bypass that Helghast? I don't think I've ever tried that due to never getting that skill early in the game.

Follow the sound!

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Kelor wrote: »

There's two thus far.

http://www.projectaon.org/staff/frederic/index.php

It's nice, handles all the roll calculations for you, can easily flip through inventory, and you just tap on the options. Perfectly readable font as well.

As for helping,

Ha, yeah I mentioned that earlier in the thread.

I could have sworn I helped and didn't get squat. Maybe I died in that runthrough.

edit:
    As for helping,
    How did animal kinship help you bypass that Helghast? I don't think I've ever tried that due to never getting that skill early in the game.

Follow the sound!
    The animal kinship lets you talk to the rat people and bypass the deadend entirely.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 97: Ahead of you, you can see a fierce battle raging across a stone bridge. The clash of steel and the cries of men and beasts echo through the forest. In the midst of the fighting, you see Prince Pelathar, the King's son. He is in combat with a large grey Gourgaz who is wielding a black axe above his scaly head. Suddenly, the Prince falls wounded--a black arrow in his side.

ill7.gif

If you wish to defend the fallen Prince, turn to 255.

If you wish to run into the forest, turn to 306.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fight the Gourgaz.

I recall it was pretty tough.
    And you don't get any tangible rewards for beating it too.

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    One vote after an hour, fight the Gourgaz it is. Bastard is tough though.

The creature that you now face is a Gourgaz, one of a race of cold-blooded reptilian creatures that dwell deep in the treacherous Maakenmire swamps. Their favourite food is human flesh!

The Prince's Sword lies at your feet. You may pick up and use this weapon if you wish. The Gourgaz is about to strike at you--you must fight him to the death.

Gourgaz: COMBAT SKILL 20 ENDURANCE 30

This creature is immune to Mindblast.

If you win, turn to 82.

We will be picking up and using the prince's sword and ditching the axe because swords are radder.

18 Combat Skill -20(Gourgaz's combat skill) = -2.

First round random number is 10. Gourgaz takes 11 points of damage, we take 0.

Second round random number is 4.
    Gourgaz takes 5 points, we take 4.

Third round random number is 10.
    Gourgaz takes 11 points of damage, we take 0.

Fourth round random number is 8. Gourhaz takes 9 points of damage, we take 1.

The Gourgaz goes down.

Current Endurance Points: 17.

That's why you don't fuck with Kai Warriors.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 82: The giant Gourgaz lies dead at your feet. His evil followers hiss at you and then fall back from the bridge. The Prince's soldiers form a protective wall around you and their dying leader with their shields. Black arrows whistle past your head.

The dying Prince looks up into your eyes and says, 'Kai Lord, you must take a message to my father. The enemy is too strong, we cannot hold him. The King must seek that which is in Durenor or all is lost. Take my horse and ride for the capital. May the luck of the gods ride with you.'

You bid a sad farewell to the Prince, mount his white steed and head south along the forest path. The battle still rages behind you as the Prince's men fight off another assault on the bridge.

Turn to 235.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 235: The Prince's horse is indeed a magnificent animal, fast and sure of foot. You gallop along the twisting track as if it were a straight highway, until the noise of battle has disappeared far behind you.

You are hungry and must eat a Meal during your ride.

After several miles, the path stops abruptly at a junction. There is a signpost, but it has been hacked down.

If you wish to use your Kai Discipline of Tracking, turn to 254.

If you wish to turn left, go to 32.

If you wish to turn right, go to 146.

We do not need to eat a meal due to having the Hunting discipline.

Going with the Tracking option.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 254: Your Tracking ability tells you that several trails from the right path lead off in the direction of the left path. They have been made by large wolves. The Darklords use such beasts to scout for their armies. They are vicious creatures and are often ridden by Giaks. The left path leads towards Holmgard, and the right path leads off towards the Durncrag mountains. The choice of route is yours.

If you wish to turn left, go to 32.

If you wish to turn right, go to 146.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Left.

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I remember what lies to the right.
    Go left.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That's an hour.

Page 32: You have ridden about three miles when, in the distance, you spot the unmistakable silhouette of five large Doomwolves. Riding on their backs are Giaks. They seem to be going on ahead to where the path leads down into an open meadow. Suddenly, one of the Giaks leaves the others and begins to ride back along the path towards you.

If you wish to hide in the undergrowth and let him pass, turn to 176.

If you wish to fight him, turn to 340.

Kelor on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I say we fight him.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Kill him!

Chrono Helix on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    After totally wrecking Gourgaz's shit, I feel more confident in our fighting abilities.

Attack!!

So I guess the invasion has already begun? I thought they just wiped out the Kai Lords to cripple the king's armies.

Dangerbird on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Do we have any way to regain endurance? Can we gulp a meal before taking the wolfrider on?

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Aw man, I loved these books as a kid. I owned several of them, but always cheated like a motherfucker. This will be fun...

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Iolo wrote: »
    Do we have any way to regain endurance? Can we gulp a meal before taking the wolfrider on?

We have all these meals left over from not having to eat them due to our hunting skill. When I played, I chose healing instead. The trade off was probably worse, since I'd constantly run out of food and get hurt and heal a little. But in the end, I'd basically be full strength at each battle anyway.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Sorry, computer crashed last night mid update and I just went to sleep instead of fighting with it.

Page 340: You gallop forward to meet the oncoming Doomwolf and rider, your Weapon raised to strike. The Giak sees you and unsheathes his scimitar. You must fight both Giak and Doomwolf as one enemy.

Giak + Doomwolf: COMBAT SKILL 14 ENDURANCE 24

If you win the fight, turn to 193.

18 - 14(Giak's CS) = 4

First round's random number is a 3. The Giak/Doomwolf takes 7, we take 3.

Second round's random number is a 8.
    The Giak/Doomwolf takes 12, we take 0.

Third round is a 5. The Giak/Doomwolf takes 9 points, we take 2.

Giak+Direwolf combo goes down.

Current Endurance Points: 12.

Yeah, Healing is a very useful discipline to have. You need potions otherwise which are pretty rare.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 193: The beast and its rider lie dead. You notice a Scroll tucked into the Giak's belt. You may take this if you wish, but remember to mark it on your Action Chart. The other Doomwolves are charging along the path towards you.

Turn to 253:

We take the scroll.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 253: The Doomwolves are soon on you and you must fight them one at a time.

Doomwolf 1: COMBAT SKILL 13 ENDURANCE 24

Doomwolf 2: COMBAT SKILL 14 ENDURANCE 23

Doomwolf 3: COMBAT SKILL 14 ENDURANCE 22

Doomwolf 4: COMBAT SKILL 15 ENDURANCE 21

If you kill them all in battle, turn to 278.

Doomwolf 1: 19-13= 6 for combat ratio.

First round is a 10. Doomwolf takes 18 points, we take none.

Second round is an 8. Doomwolf takes 14, we take none.

It dies.

Doomwolf 2: 19-14= 5 for combat ratio.

First round is a 7. Doomwolf takes 12, we take none.

Second round is a 7.
    Doomwolf takes 12, we take none.

It dies.

Doomwolf 3: 19-14= 5 for combat ratio.

First round is a 5. Doomwolf takes 10, we take 2.

Second round is a 4. Doomwolf takes 9, we take 2.

Third round is a 7.
    Doomwolf takes 12, we take none.

It dies.

Doomwolf 4: 19-15= 4 for combat ratio.

First round is a 10. Doomwolf takes 16, we take none.

Second round is a 5. Doomwolf takes 9, we take 2.

It dies.

Current Endurance Points: 6.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 278: You quickly leave the path and gallop off along the track heading towards the capital. When you reach the point where the Doomwolves stopped, you can see just beyond a meadow the main highway which runs from the northern port of Toran to Holmgard. You should reach the capital by morning.

Turn to 149.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 149: As you ride along the highway, you notice that light is getting worse. It will soon be completely dark--and impossible to see any dangers that may lurk ahead. You decide to hide and rest at the wood's edge until morning.

When you are satisfied that no one can see you, you pull your warm green cloak about you and drift off into an uneasy sleep.

Turn to 256.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 256: You are awoken by the cries of Kraan high above you in the clear morning sky. Rubbing your eyes, you peer upwards through the canopy of branches to see three of the loathsome creatures fly off towards the north.

You are sure you have not been spotted, but perhaps it would be best to leave now--just in case. You mount your horse and ride south along the highway.

Turn to 224.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Page 224: You have ridden several miles and have seen no sign of refugees or of the enemy. You race on towards a high ridge in the middle distance. You should be able to see the capital from there.

As you reach the peak, the sight that meets you on the far side is one of hope--but there is still one challenge you know you have to face.

Turn to 153.

Kelor on
This discussion has been closed.