As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DnD 4E PbP] Scales of War Part 1: Rescue at Rivenroar-(OOC thread)

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    jimninja wrote: »
    tzeentch that shit is tight

Heh, thanks! :lol:

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    WOW! Great submissions so far!

Updated the list cause of the new submissions:

Leaders:
    William 'Chocolate' Harris, Gnome Cunning Bard (susan) Post

Controllers:
    Natasha Kaliva, Human Orb Wizard (squishy-blob) Post
    Ethan Filborne, Human Malediction Invoker of Ioun (kuhlmeye) Post
    Keldyn Sosoda, Human Illusionist Wizard (soxbox) Post
    Frotha Skorrsvjar, Dwarven Druid (jimninja) Post

Strikers:
    Reth Stillwood, Human Dragon Sorcerer (Cheeseliker) Post
    Col de Rah, Razorclaw Shifter Avenger (Jabberwock7206) Post
    Mornlok Fieldstrider, Minotaur Barbarian (Kelor) Post
    Galewin Airstrum, Windsoul Barbarian (Dajian) Post
    Gennal Aleman, Half Elf Warlock (Fencingsax) Post
    Asteron the Stormborn, Minotaur Barbarian (3clipse) Post
    Helen Mohiam, Half Elf Warlock (tzeentchling) Post

Defenders:
    Ash Cylcrest, Longtooth Shifter, Wildblood Warden (dresdenphile) Post
    Ash Summer, Longtooth Shifter, Tempest Fighter (samurai6966) Post
    Marc Soban, Human Avenging Paladin (adventfalls) Post
    Ghesh Alreja, Dragonborn Fighter (Blurbl) Post

Wow, only 1 leader now?

Also thinking on getting the barbarians in an arena an let them fight to the death! Now where's my popcorn...?

P.S. Great Submissions! It's gonna be hell to choose from all of them!

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That would hardly be fair. After all my guy is already a gladiatorial champion.

I vote for a three legged race.
    Minotaurs if you know what I mean. We don't need a partner.
    :winky:

Kelor on
  • Options
    illgottengainsillgottengains Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok so I settled on Paladin. I recently got my hands on divine power and suddenly a paladin doesn't look like a bad defender. I created him for Tunnelrunner's KotS, but his wandering could have easily brought him to Brindol's festival in search of his cousin Milo. So ya, here is..

Kalimac Proudstepper the halfling paladin of Avandra cousin to the somewhat less than famous Milo Proudstepper A humble cleric of Melora.

http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/1189

background
    Kalimac Proudstepper was born into family of halfling gardeners that sometimes spawns Halflings with the peculiar desire to travel the world. Most noteably his cousin Milo Proudstepper the firstborn son of Kalimac's father Fennix Proudstepper brother Mekole Proudstepper. Milo is a Cleric of Melora who has been rumored to have ventured into the shadowfell. Kalimac secretly hopes to find Milo at the Festival in Brindol

As a youth he relished being out of doors. He loved to work with the earth often offering to trim the lawns of old neighboors at no cost. He would take any flowers his neighboors didn't want to the crossroads and peddle them in the Silver Horseshoe Tavern. Everyone seemed to like Kalimac, and he liked everyone too. He especially liked Susie, a waitress in the tavern. It turned out that most of the flowers he sold were given to Susie. And he, if he had any flowers left would simply give them to her anyway. So every day Susie went the tavern with flowers in her hair.

Dispite Kalimac's cheerful disopsition he suffered from strange recurring dreams. One such dream he would find himself in state of panic. He hurried down along a path as fast as his legs would carry him but he always came back to the same spot no matter how far he ran. Standing in front of a vast perfectly still lake.

Another dream he often had would find Kalimac weilding a brightly glowing blade fighting desparately against unknown foes in an utterly dark cave. Susie's cries for help echoing in the distance.

One evening while he was at the Silver Horseshoe he met a strange fellow who looked like an elf but wasn't one. Kalimac suspected that he was a wizard of some kind due to the gnarled wooden staff he kept close at hand. This man offered to trade a fine short sword for all of his flowers. He said the flowers were very valuable to him, some of them. It seemed like an excellent deal to Kalimac and he gladly traded all his flowers.

Sometime after this a wandering priest came to Kalimac's village. This old halfling was a cleric of Avandra. When he looked upon Kalimac his eyes widened. The priest told him that Avandra had graced him. It didn't make much sense to him. He'd never felt graced before, least not by Avandra, but he accepted the symbol the priest gave to him. He began to speak to the symbol, which he kept hanging on the wall in his room. Over time he decided that he wanted to wear the symbol, it gave him hope, and filled him with a curiousity for the world outside of his homeland.

As he matured as a halfling this longing to explore finally led him to bid Susie and his family and friends farewell. Kalimac wanted to see the flowers that grew over the next hill, and then the one after that, and before he knew it he was lost. He walked on and on gathering all the flowers he could find. It was lucky that he found a road the day he ran out of bread. His pack filled to the brim with flowers he trodded down the road. Finally a caravan appeared on the road ahead. The travellers saw the symbol he wore and asked if he were a priest or a paladin. Kalimac said he didn't know. The travellers seemed puzzled at that response but he managed to befriend them. The merchants told him that the path ahead had been known to be somewhat dangerous during the finer seasons and asked if he would like to travel with them.

Three days later the wagons were ambushed by bandits. Much to his surprise that short sword he'd swung around in his yard leap out of it's scabbard. Fearlessly the halfling charged into the fray defending the merchants and travellers alongside the hired guards. When it was all over and everything was silent Kalimac felt the symbol on his chest warm through his tunic. A voice spoke to him.

"You will defend the just and vanquish evil where you find it. Stay on the path. It will lead you."

personality traits
    Foolhardy
    Happy go lucky
    Cheerful
    Determined to smite evil
    Wanderer
    Mediocre Flutist

illgottengains on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    That would hardly be fair. After all my guy is already a gladiatorial champion.

I vote for a three legged race.
    Minotaurs if you know what I mean. We don't need a partner.
    :winky:

<3

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    jimninjajimninja Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I made another version of Frotha as a Beast-Form-centric Primal Guardian Druid.

Pseudo-CB textblock:
    Frotha Skorrsvjar

STR 13 +1
    CON 16 +3
    DEX 14 +2
    INT 12 +1
    WIS 17 +3
    CHA 09 -1

AC 17
    FOR 13
    REF 13
    WIL 14

HP: 28
    surges: 10

Primal Guardian: without heavy armor, use CON in place of INT/DEX to determine AC

Feats:
    Light Shield Proficiency

Equipment:
    Magic Totem +1
    Light Shield (AC 1)
    Hide armor (AC 3)

Powers:
    Pounce
    You leap at your foe, catching it off guard.
    At-Will ? Beast Form, Implement, Primal
    Standard Action Melee touch
    Target: One creature
    Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
    Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier damage. The target grants combat advantage to the next creature that attacks it before the end of your next turn.
    Level 21: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage.
    Special: When charging, you can use this power in place of a melee basic attack.

Savage Rend
    You rake your foe with your claws, setting it up for the kill.
    At-Will ? Beast Form, Implement, Primal
    Target: One creature
    Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier damage, and you slide the target 1 square.
    Level 21: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage.
    Special: This power can be used as a melee basic attack.

Chill Wind
    A howling gust of icy wind savages your enemies, scattering them.
    At-Will ? Cold, Implement, Primal
    Standard Action Area burst 1 within 10 squares
    Target: Each creature in burst
    Attack: Wisdom vs. Fortitude
    Hit: 1d6 cold damage, and you slide the target 1 square.
    Level 21: 2d6 cold damage.

Darting Bite
    With quickness and cunning, you bite your enemies and dodge to avoid a counterattack.
    Encounter ? Beast Form, Implement, Primal
    Target: One or two creatures
    Hit: 1d10 + Wisdom modifier damage. If at least one of the attacks hits, you can shift 2 squares.

Faerie Fire
    A burst of colorful light envelops your foes, distracting and slowing them. As each creature breaks free of the effect, the light flares one last time, searing the flesh and dazzling the eyes.
    Daily ? Implement, Primal, Radiant
    Standard Action Area burst 1 within 10 squares
    Target: Each creature in burst
    Attack: Wisdom vs. Will
    Hit: The target is slowed and grants combat advantage (save ends both).
    Aftereffect: 3d6 + Wisdom modifier radiant damage, and the target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.
    Miss: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier radiant damage, and the target grants combat advantage until the end of your next turn.

jimninja on
    0198ec55.jpg
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Quick newb question- do you have to have a matching alignment to worship a deity? Because if so I need to make some adjustments.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Quick newb question- do you have to have a matching alignment to worship a deity? Because if so I need to make some adjustments.

Straight from the PHB1:

As fervent crusaders in their chosen cause, paladins must choose a deity. Paladins choose a specific faith to serve, as well as an alignment. You must choose an alignment identical to the alignment of your patron deity; a paladin of a good deity must be good, a paladin of a lawful good deity must be lawful good, and a paladin of an unaligned deity must be unaligned. Evil and chaotic evil paladins do exist in the world, but they are almost always villains, not player characters

Also Blurbl, how did you get your history to +10? Since your INT is +0, and I presume you took a background for history to be trainable, that leaves history to be +7 (+2 counting your racial skill).

Edit: Oh wait, did you take the scion of a noble bloodline background (You add History to your class skill list, and you gain a +3 bonus to History checks)?

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    TiamatZ wrote: »

Straight from the PHB1:

As fervent crusaders in their chosen cause, paladins must choose a deity. Paladins choose a specific faith to serve, as well as an alignment. You must choose an alignment identical to the alignment of your patron deity; a paladin of a good deity must be good, a paladin of a lawful good deity must be lawful good, and a paladin of an unaligned deity must be unaligned. Evil and chaotic evil paladins do exist in the world, but they are almost always villains, not player characters

Also Blurbl, how did you get your history to +10? Since your INT is +0, and I presume you took a background for history to be trainable, that leaves history to be +7 (+2 counting your racial skill).

However, note that if you are unaligned, you may serve any specific god; likewise, if your god is unaligned, you may be of any alignment.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Straight from the PHB1:

However, note that if you are unaligned, you may serve any specific god; likewise, if your god is unaligned, you may be of any alignment.

Not true for paladins.

"You must choose an alignment identical to the alignment of your patron deity; a paladin of a good deity must be good, a paladin of a lawful good deity must be lawful good, and a paladin of an unaligned deity must be unaligned."

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Straight from the PHB1:

Edit: Oh wait, did you take the scion of a noble bloodline background (You add History to your class skill list, and you gain a +3 bonus to History checks)?

Yeah, that's the background I took. Didn't want Cha or Intim, and it fits like a glove as well. :D

I strongly prefer the Scales of War background to the general backgrounds, more varied and great to base a character off. Nowhere near enough of them, though.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    Jabberwock7206Jabberwock7206 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey, just out of curiousity...are we allowed to send in more than one application? I wouldn't mind playing a Leader, either.

Jabberwock7206 on
  • Options
    squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Maximum submissions are one per person (so choose/design carefully).

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    D'oh! Thanks, blob! :) My eyes ain't too keen.

Jabberwock7206 on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    LOL...

Looks like susan's got no competition for the Leader role so far.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    LOL...

Lord knows I love a default victory. *crosses fingers hoping people submit nothing but Barbarians from here on in*

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    susan wrote: »
    LOL...

Lord knows I love a default victory. *crosses fingers hoping people submit nothing but Barbarians from here on in*

I was this | -- | close to resurecting my halfing bard for this, but alas the call of the barbarian was too great.

(good luck susan!)

Dajian on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    On campus, so I can't really put together the sheet yet, and thus I'll wait until I return home. I'll provide some competition for the leader slot. :P

I am a new player to 4e, not currently involved in any PbP games, and haven't played anything related to Scales of War.

Rena Shepard, Human (Half-Elf?) Cleric

Background
    Rena doesn't really remember exactly where she hails from, but you know what? It doesn't really matter that much to her.

From the earliest memory Rena can recall, her life has been spent cloistered in a church to Ioun, surrounded by all manner of scripture, books and tomes, from the interesting to the somewhat less so. Within the last two or three months has her life taken a turn towards being on the road, as only so much knowledge can be gained without experience itself.

Rena's best friends are the books she grew up with, teaching her about anything that she would like to learn about. Having mostly secondhand knowledge of just about every subject and needing some actual experience, Rena is always interested in trying new things out, even if it's not all for the better. She is more than a little shy about speaking with people and naive regarding their intentions, but has for the most part been rather lucky with attaching herself to a well-natured person for traveling to keep her safe...ish.

Appearance
    Getting a picture done. In the meantime, this is pretty close. Warning! The picture is large-ish.
    CLERIC_by_MarioPons.jpg

Hook
    Brindol's the most recent stop for Rena, where she is parting way with her current companion, Jaren Sylphsire. At present she plans to take in the sights for a bit before finding a new person to latch onto and hit the road with.

Sheet Summary
    Rena Shepard, level 1
    Human, Cleric
    Build: Devoted Cleric
    Background: Cloistered Priest

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 12, Con 10, Dex 9, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 14.

Starting Ability Scores
    Str 12, Con 10, Dex 9, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 14.

AC: 16 Fort: 12 Reflex: 13 Will: 17
    HP: 22 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Diplomacy, Religion, Arcana, Heal, History.

FEATS
    1: Ritual Caster
    1: Ioun's Poise
    1: Improved Initiative

POWERS
    1, At-Will: Lance of Faith
    1, At-Will: Sacred Flame
    1, At-Will: Righteous Brand
    1, Encounter: Divine Glow
    1, Daily: Beacon of Hope

ITEMS
    Ritual Book, Chainmail, Mace, Magic Holy Symbol (+1), Adventurer's Kit, Potion of Resistance (heroic tier), Potion of Healing (heroic tier)

RITUALS
    Gentle Repose, Brew Potion

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    A RIVAL HAS APPEARED!!

Just a few things HylianBunny...

1) What additional language did you take?
    2) What channel divinity did you take? Turn Undead, or Healer's mercy?
    3) Also, you start with 100g, but you gain the adventure's kit (15 gp worth) free AND a level 1 magical item free (worth 360 gp). You do not resell your level 1 item.

P.S. Cool submission overall, especially the pic, looks familiar though...

Saw what you did there. LOL.

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    TobagganTobaggan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Did somebody say "leader"?

Hailing from a proud and glorious tradition, Dagarth Crossroad, Half-Orc Bravura Warlord!

Personality
    Dagarth is boisterous, loud, and by many accounts, a cretin. Others have nothing but good things to say about him. A genius on the battlefield, and the best friend a man ever had. Fortunately, these two accounts aren't mutually exclusive. Dagarth is fiercely loyal to his allies, but never misses an opportunity to exaggerate their achievements in front of a tavern full of drunks. Sincerely believes that anyone can do anything, so long as they believe. Could probably write a bestselling self-help book if swinging swords and swigging ale wasn't way more interesting. Brilliant in matters martial (bordering on savant), if occasionally lacking in wisdom. Fortunately, who needs wisdom when you have the charisma to make people believe you're wise?

Mannerisms and Appearance
    Walks with an over-the-top swagger and is fond of clapping people on the back. Wears hide armor as well as outfits designed to show off his physique. More than one shirt has been ruined to show off his chest. Makes no secret of his orc blood, believing there to be no reason to hide it. His oversized sword comes strapped to his back, and routinely stabs it into the ground when making a point. Deathly serious when his friends are in danger or there are commands to be given. Takes failure very hard.

Background
    As if it weren't bad enough that there was Orc blood in the family, Dagarth was a reader and a studier. Sure, he took well to swordplay and was able to buff himself out, but rarely saw use for it. The family quickly sent him off to the military where he might see some use (and maybe never come home.) Dagarth rose through the ranks (thanks to his near-encyclopedic knowledge of military history) until he led his team to death on what was supposed to be a simple raid. Faulty intel resulted in faulty leadership, and Dagarth was one of only a handful to return. Despite pleas to stay, Dagarth was disillusioned with the restrictions and bureaucracy of the military and went freelance, free to make his own decisions on who to work with, where to strike, and how to fight.

He arrives in Brindol after the last of his team leaves under questionable circumstances and may be willing to help assemble a new group. But not before some revelry.

Frequent 4e DM IRL, occasional player. Not currently in a PbP, only ever been in one.

Tobaggan on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Half-Orc Bravura Warlord? :D Hell yeah, amigo!

Jabberwock7206 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    A RIVAL HAS APPEARED!!

Just a few things HylianBunny...

1) What additional language did you take?
    2) What channel divinity did you take? Turn Undead, or Healer's mercy?
    3) Also, you start with 100g, but you gain the adventure's kit (15 gp worth) free AND a level 1 magical item free (worth 360 gp). You do not resell your level 1 item.

P.S. Cool submission overall, especially the pic, looks familiar though...

Saw what you did there. LOL.

This is my first time. Be gentle. :lol:

I have yet to decide on an additional language, because they all look silly. I'll most likely be going with Healer's Mercy.

Gotcha about the level 1 magical item. I'll add that in as soon as I can decide on one.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Two other interesting Leaders. Merde.

*slips into character*

"Well my fine new friends, it truly is a pleasure to be making your acquaintance, and it does so sadden me that we are likely to ne'er meet again." William's eyes fall upon the Half-Elf Cleric as he gently takes her hand, "Especially you, Lady Rena. I would very much love a chance to explore the world by your side, explore deep into your personality, and throw of these vestments of shyness that I can sense do clothe your soul." He kisses her hand once and steps back, throwing his arms wide.

"But until the day comes we do still have the night to ourselves, and I propose a toast to the upcoming adventure!" He slides a goblet of viscous red bitter liquid from the unresisting grip of a nearby passed out Barbarian, raising it high. "May your quests be profitable, may your journeys be eventful, may your enemies be surmountable, may your days be interesting, and may your bedrolls have room for two!" He drinks deep, wincing and warbling slightly as the alcohol travels quickly through his body, and then climbs up a chair to unsling his Lyre and start strumming and singing.

"I hear the ticking of the clock, I'm lying here the room's pitch dark... I wonder where you are tonight, no answer on the telephone..."

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    susan wrote: »
    Two other interesting Leaders. Merde.

*slips into character*

"Well my fine new friends, it truly is a pleasure to be making your acquaintance, and it does so sadden me that we are likely to ne'er meet again." William's eyes fall upon the Half-Elf Cleric as he gently takes her hand, "Especially you, Lady Rena. I would very much love a chance to explore the world by your side, explore deep into your personality, and throw of these vestments of shyness that I can sense do clothe your soul." He kisses her hand once and steps back, throwing his arms wide.

"But until the day comes we do still have the night to ourselves, and I propose a toast to the upcoming adventure!" He slides a goblet of viscous red bitter liquid from the unresisting grip of a nearby passed out Barbarian, raising it high. "May your quests be profitable, may your journeys be eventful, may your enemies be surmountable, may your days be interesting, and may your bedrolls have room for two!" He drinks deep, wincing and warbling slightly as the alcohol travels quickly through his body, and then climbs up a chair to unsling his Lyre and start strumming and singing.

"I hear the ticking of the clock, I'm lying here the room's pitch dark... I wonder where you are tonight, no answer on the telephone..."

If we're both chosen, my character's first act will be to murder yours for quoting Celine Dion =P

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    fe1dmanfe1dman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Please tell me you looked up the lyrics and didnt know it already. :rotate:

fe1dman on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Alright, editing up a couple things. Going to grab a mace instead of a morningstar, because the mace is one handed and I can keep my holy symbol in the offhand (and really, the mace is mostly flavour as I'm not particularly good with it). And speaking of holy symbols, picked up a magic holy symbol +1 as a free 1st level item.

Still undecided on a language, though.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hmm... there appears to be a large amount of new people applying to play. I'll go ahead a withdraw my Invoker, since I am already in 2 DnD games, and am DMing one. Have fun everyone! I'll be reading along with this probably too!

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Alright, editing up a couple things. Going to grab a mace instead of a morningstar, because the mace is one handed and I can keep my holy symbol in the offhand (and really, the mace is mostly flavour as I'm not particularly good with it). And speaking of holy symbols, picked up a magic holy symbol +1 as a free 1st level item.

I don't think you actually have to be holding your holy symbol in your hand.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Markus Meridian, Half-Orc Rogue
    because, hey... somebody has to take all the credit for dropping the BBEG

Background

Markus didnt have it easy growing up. Standing out clearly from the other children and abandoned by his own mother, he was left to wander the grounds of the Temple of Pelor which kept him fed and clothed through his childhood. Once old enough, he sought out work at a local tavern called the Golden Mare, employed in the back kitchen. Through the curtains, he would watch the visitors; most of them were adventurers telling tales of their lively battles, risking life and limb for the gain of coin and legend. A deep envy and wanderlust grew in his large heavy heart (half-monsters need love too).

He ran away and quickly fell in rank with some of the other young rogues around town, his natural athleticism and strength lending them much needed muscle. They plied their trade mostly by robbing wealthy traders passing through the marketplace, usually by pick pocketing, ocassionally by burglaring their rooms at the local inn. As their pockets lined with gems and gold, they grew more and more bold, breaking into the estates of the local nobility and emptying their coffers. However, this high profile nature of these actions attracted the attention of the thieves guild. Since their actions were not authorized and no portion was paid in tribute to the guild, their funds were seized at threat of death and their gang disbanded.

Markus having tasted the life of riches and women, now travels from town to town looking for some new scheme to get rich.

Appearance/Personality

evil_akuma_by_nefar007.jpg
    Taller than most humans and heavily muscled, its not uncommon that people can guess at Markus' orcish heritage, though some mistake him as a shifter. His skin is deeply tanned, and marked with scars and tattoos. His face wears an easy smile but it is difficult for most people to look past his pronounced brow and sharp teeth; their horrified looks often turn his friendly smirk into a bored sneer. His leather armor is ragged and tattered from his journeys. He wears a large knapsack over his shoulder and a fine looking dagger sits in a sheath on his tooled beltpouch.

He is half-drunk most of the time and is constanting goading his companions into nonsensical wagers.

Build

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Markus Meridian, level 1
    Half-Orc, Rogue
    Rogue Tactics: Brutal Scoundrel
    Background: Occupation - Thug (Learn Secret Language)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 17, Con 10, Dex 18, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 15, Con 10, Dex 16, Int 8, Wis 11, Cha 14.

AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 16 Will: 12
    HP: 22 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Stealth +9, Thievery +9, Intimidate +9, Bluff +7, Acrobatics +9, Athletics +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana -1, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering, Endurance +2, Heal, History -1, Insight, Nature, Perception, Religion -1, Streetwise +2

FEATS
    Level 1: Backstabber

POWERS
    Rogue at-will 1: Riposte Strike
    Rogue at-will 1: Sly Flourish
    Rogue encounter 1: Dazing Strike
    Rogue daily 1: Press the Advantage

ITEMS
    Leather Armor, Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Thieves' Tools, Challenge-Seeking Dagger +1
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Brindol

Marius stops in Brindol to take part in its Diamond Day celebration. He has heard of the need for adventurers in Overlook but has only a passing interest in risking his life and limb for a few coin. He intends to scope out the area for more profitable ventures, such as recovering artifacts from lost temples, graverobbing, and other scoundrel-like activities that do not require him to cross paths with the thieves guild.

fe1dman on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

To use it, I believe it must be equipped. So holding it in your hand would make it so.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

To use it, I believe it must be equipped. So holding it in your hand would make it so.

Incorrect.

Symbols occupy their own slot.

interrobang on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Clerics make use of holy symbols to help channel and direct their divine powers. A cleric wearing or holding a magic holy symbol...

fe1dman on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    fe1dman wrote: »
    Clerics make use of holy symbols to help channel and direct their divine powers. A cleric wearing or holding a magic holy symbol...

Note the "or"

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Right, clerics want to hold a shield in their off hand, or if you want a couple healing maces.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    On campus, so I can't really put together the sheet yet, and thus I'll wait until I return home. I'll provide some competition for the leader slot. :P

I am a new player to 4e, not currently involved in any PbP games, and haven't played anything related to Scales of War.

Background
    Rena doesn't really remember exactly where she hails from, but you know what? It doesn't really matter that much to her.

From the earliest memory Rena can recall, her life has been spent cloistered in a church to Ioun, surrounded by all manner of scripture, books and tomes, from the interesting to the somewhat less so. Within the last two or three months has her life taken a turn towards being on the road, as only so much knowledge can be gained without experience itself.

Rena's best friends are the books she grew up with, teaching her about anything that she would like to learn about. Having mostly secondhand knowledge of just about every subject and needing some actual experience, Rena is always interested in trying new things out, even if it's not all for the better. She is more than a little shy about speaking with people and naive regarding their intentions, but has for the most part been rather lucky with attaching herself to a well-natured person for traveling to keep her safe...ish.

Appearance
    Getting a picture done. In the meantime, this is pretty close. Warning! The picture is large-ish.
    CLERIC_by_MarioPons.jpg

Hook
    Brindol's the most recent stop for Rena, where she is parting way with her current companion, Jaren Sylphsire. At present she plans to take in the sights for a bit before finding a new person to latch onto and hit the road with.

Sheet Summary
    Rena Shepard, level 1
    Human, Cleric
    Build: Devoted Cleric
    Background: Cloistered Priest

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 12, Con 10, Dex 9, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 14.

Starting Ability Scores
    Str 12, Con 10, Dex 9, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 14.

AC: 16 Fort: 12 Reflex: 13 Will: 17
    HP: 22 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Diplomacy, Religion, Arcana, Heal, History.

FEATS
    1: Ritual Caster
    1: Ioun's Poise
    1: Improved Initiative

POWERS
    1, At-Will: Lance of Faith
    1, At-Will: Sacred Flame
    1, At-Will: Righteous Brand
    1, Encounter: Divine Glow
    1, Daily: Beacon of Hope

ITEMS
    Ritual Book, Chainmail, Mace, Magic Holy Symbol (+1), Adventurer's Kit, Potion of Resistance (heroic tier), Potion of Healing (heroic tier)

RITUALS
    Gentle Repose, Brew Potion

You've got a potion of resistance in your items, what type is it?

squishy-blob on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    New submission list:

Leaders:
    William 'Chocolate' Harris, Gnome Cunning Bard (susan) Post
    Rena Shepard, Human Cleric (Hylianbunny) Post
    Dagarth Crossroad, Half-Orc Bravura Warlord (Tobaggan) Post

Controllers:
    Natasha Kaliva, Human Orb Wizard (squishy-blob) Post
    Ethan Filborne, Human Malediction Invoker of Ioun (kuhlmeye) (Reason: Withdrawal)
    Keldyn Sosoda, Human Illusionist Wizard (soxbox) Post
    Frotha Skorrsvjar, Dwarven Druid (jimninja) Post

Strikers:
    Col de Rah, Razorclaw Shifter Avenger (Jabberwock7206) Post
    Mornlok Fieldstrider, Minotaur Barbarian (Kelor) Post
    Galewin Airstrum, Windsoul Barbarian (Dajian) Post
    Asteron the Stormborn, Minotaur Barbarian (3clipse) Post
    Markus Meridian, Half-Orc Rogue (fe1dman) Post
    Reth Stillwood, Human Dragon Sorcerer (Cheeseliker) Post
    Gennal Aleman, Half Elf Warlock (Fencingsax) Post
    Helen Mohiam, Half Elf Warlock (tzeentchling) Post

Defenders:
    Ash Cylcrest, Longtooth Shifter, Wildblood Warden (dresdenphile) Post
    Ash Summer, Longtooth Shifter, Tempest Fighter (samurai6966) Post
    Marc Soban, Human Avenging Paladin (adventfalls) Post
    Ghesh Alreja, Dragonborn Fighter (Blurbl) Post
    Kalimac Proudstepper, Halfling Paladin (illgottengains) Post

Just organizing them.

Now we got 3 Contollers and Leaders

BTW: Red means cancelled/withdrawal etc.

Updated the OP as well...

TiamatZ on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Given how many applications you have already, are you sure you want to keep this open for another week? =P

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Indeed, you definitely have enough strikers and defenders, not to mention a lot of people who have stepped forward and professed their D&D virgin status.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    jimninjajimninja Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey TiamatZ, I'd like to officially amend my submission to the second build of Frotha I posted, the beast-form centric one. Just in case that affects your decision.

jimninja on
    0198ec55.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's cool jimninja, your allowed to update/modify your entry, as long as it retains it's race and class features.

Example: If you had a minotaur rageblood barbarian, you can change it to a thaneborn barbarian, as long as it was a minotaur barbarian in the first place.

Reason why I posted it to the 9th is cause I got a test on the 8th, and it's quite a big one, so I'm studying during that week (hell, I'm still studying this weekend).

Then on friday I'll close the submissions and go through all of the posts (hence why I posted a link next to each one).

Edit: Finally decided

I will close submissions today (5PM GMT+0 time), then you will receive news on chosen submissions on monday 5th October, and start the game on Friday 9th.

So sayeth the ALMIGHTY DM!!!

Nah, not really, I'm just a noob PbP DM at best:P.

Updated the OP again.

TiamatZ on