Options

Stupid, stupid customer base (terrible customer reviews)

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was once accused of racism against a white person.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I found that I was the only one who loved getting angry customers to call in when I worked support. Usually it would just mean I got to lean back, essentially taking a break while just repeating the things I were supposed to say in such scenarios.

Like the dude who yelled at me for three hours because I wouldn't give in to his demands to have a technician replace his AC adapter for him because he claimed not to be able to do it himself. (I made it perfectly clear to him that all he needed to do was plug it into the wall and laptop).

We weren't allowed to hang up unless they threatened us so hey, I got to sit there and say no every five minutes when he took a breath.

I hope this doesn't make me sound like a dick for being so laid back about it. I was professional and all, it was just neat not to have the same five minute stressful calls.

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Nah man, it is pretty much the opposite of a dick to have a cool head while other people are freaking out

Swill on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    working in customer service should put anyone's faith in humanity through the floor

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    Swill wrote: »
    Nah man, it is pretty much the opposite of a dick to have a cool head while other people are freaking out

tumblr_kosxhf7VQ61qz8flyo1_500.png

Doc on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    vsove wrote: »
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Not exactly a review, but once when I worked at Gamestop I got a phone call from a giggling 14 year old asking me for "That game where you kill n-words and s-words (derogatory word for Hispanics)."

:|

We have people call our offices and tell our receptionist for an hour why our games are now terrible and how we've destroyed their childhoods.

D: Nooooooooooo

Janson on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    working in customer service should put anyone's faith in humanity through the floor

pretty much

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Not exactly a review, but once when I worked at Gamestop I got a phone call from a giggling 14 year old asking me for "That game where you kill n-words and s-words (derogatory word for Hispanics)."

:|

Tell them that you can only buy resident evil 4 and 5 separately.

Doc on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

There were some terrible people, but I mean, there were also some cool ones.

Like the older Irish gentleman who, after a guy I worked with and I spent an hour helping him choose a TV, sound system, all of that (and then going to his house to hook it all up because he bought the in-home installation package), took us out for a very fancy lunch and gave us both a hundred dollar tip.

Which we weren't supposed to accept, but both did without any real reservations.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Also man, I hated having to explain gutted games to customers.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yeah I had to do that when I briefly worked at gamestop

well you see this is our display copy, I'll put this little sticker on it and look! it's sealed! brand new game, yes sir.

and then I'd die a little inside

JUST GET EMPTY BOXES FOR DISPLAYS. WHY IS THAT HARD.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    this happened when i bought dead space from gamestop

i was pretty stunned that they didn't have a sealed copy

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wait, usually it is just one copy of the game that is like that, right? Or do you gut a bunch of copies?

Doc on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sometimes I'd just go in back, take the gutted copy and shrinkwrap it again

"Oh what do you know, sir, we found one more copy just for you, you should buy a lotto ticket today Mr. Lucky."

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I mean I guess it's just the tiniest bit anal, but I like my new games to be, I dunno, new

and the definition of new to me is "sealed and unsullied by human hands"

if they'd even just knock a couple bucks off the price, not necessarily knock it down to used, but just a couple of dollars, so I feel like you're not shitting in my mouth and calling it ice cream

that's all I ask

all I ask is that you do not shit in my mouth and call it ice cream

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    And what about people who finish their entire meal then complain about it after.

"Tell your chef the food came out very cold"

Well I guess we'll never know now, will we.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Doc wrote: »
    Wait, usually it is just one copy of the game that is like that, right? Or do you gut a bunch of copies?
    well, some games have more than one display copy, depending on the popularity of the game and the size of the store

it's usually an issue with a game that came out like a week ago and they're between shipments

I got a gutted display copy of marvel vs.capcom 2 for the psn

why would you even bother with a display copy of a goddamned voucher

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I wonder if there has ever been a case where someone has actually ordered ice cream and instead have found themselves underneath a person, having shit being disposed of in their mouth.

I'd imagine that'd be a complaint that would be upheld by management.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Javen wrote: »
    And what about people who finish their entire meal then complain about it after.

"Tell your chef the food came out very cold"

Well I guess we'll never know now, will we.

people who do this are just trying to get a free meal

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2009
    I got an email to my penny arcade account a few weeks ago from a woman asking me to cancel her X Box live account

Tube on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ahaha

Antimatter on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I got an email to my penny arcade account a few weeks ago from a woman asking me to cancel her X Box live account

were you a gentlemen?

did you help this lady?

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I once took a call from a guy who had called the wrong company and the wrong country. He called me like 15 times.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    I also remember way back when I worked for Verizon Wireless a customer got pissed at me during a call and asked to speak to my supervisor. The supervisor that happened to be available was also named Mark, and she fucking tore into him insisting that he was still me. It was fucking hilarious because I got to just sit back and enjoy the show while he tried to deal with the bitch.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Once someone called a friend of mine and left a hilarious voicemail

"HELLO. . .this is Charlie. . .I'm callin' about the mattresses. . .I wanna pick the best one out of the littah', I'm comin' over at 5"

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    I remember way back I was working customer service at Nintendo and it was a few months after the N64 had been released. This kid calls in all smarmy saying he wants Nintendo to buy this new game console he's just designed but he said it was like 90k or something stupid. I didn't bother humoring him.

FUCK YOU MY DESIGN WAS EXCELLENT

Defender on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    When I worked for the hospital somebody complained to my director that it seemed like I was everywhere in the building at all times.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The violin I just bought, a students violin, had a review complaining that it was not of high enough quality for orchestra work.

Weaver on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I usually only observe tech support issues from my vantage point at the security office while the poor old support guys deal with idiots

There was one woman who brought in a computer "she hated" because it was faulty and the icons on her media player didn't look right any more, therefore they must be broken

It was because they weren't highlighted anymore, she'd clicked elsewhere.

And a guy who brought back a broadband dongle demanding that the store's techs phoned the customer helpline "because they sold it, they deal with it" while totally failing to understand that it's akin to buying a phone from a supermarket and then whining at them when British Telecom kills your line

I have a terrible track record with shitty customers so I guess I should count myself lucky that I haven't encountered many recently

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    When I worked for the hospital somebody complained to my director that it seemed like I was everywhere in the building at all times.

awesome

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I work in customer service for T-Mobile USA.

I have been yelled at over .40 a customer did not believe was a valid charge. I credited it though, because I am not a dick. People get really sheepish really quickly when that happens.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    When I worked for Verizon wireless, we had a new smartphone ship out that we created a new unlimited data plan for, and loads of people bought them, But sales reps in the stores weren't properly tagging their accounts for the data plan, so a month after the phone launched we were swamped with loads of raving madmen calling in with $5000 bills. We credited all the data charges for that month and set their accounts up right, but they had to call in to have it done so day after day of trying to speak over someone screaming at you from the moment you take the call

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I wish facebook would stop telling me I have a facebook when I don't have a goddamned facebook

I DON'T WANT IT

LEAVE ME ALONE

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Reading all this manager BS makes me glad to work where I work. Attorney's may not be the best people-managers, but at least where I work they're all smart, likeable people that know how to do their job. Nothing worse than an idiot boss.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    I wonder if there has ever been a case where someone has actually ordered ice cream and instead have found themselves underneath a person, having shit being disposed of in their mouth.

well almost.

ahh, australia

L|ama on
  • Options
    redheadredhead Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    my summer job is working in the kitchen of this (awesome) camp run by the city of berkeley. it's not for kids; it's for whole families, and part of the appeal is that we make, like, actual food. none of that reheated bullshit. it's good stuff, too.

we get a lot of dietary requests for which we have to make special food, of course. about half of them are legitimate (allergies, coeliac disease, etc) and the other half are either crazy or annoying.

one of my favorites is the guy who told my supervisor to make his kid plain pasta because "she has had to eat nothing but lucky charms for two days because you guys just refuse to make anything she likes to eat!" (the lunch that day was pizza. what kind of fucking kid what the hell)

she made plain pasta during the most hectic part of the meal where I'm sure she had about 1000 other things to do. she brought it out, he told her to "sprinkle some cheese over the top, thank you hmm yes"

she does, brings it back out. "oh, no it turns out she doesn't like cheese." so she makes him more plain pasta.

this kind of shit happens all the time, actually. there's broccoli lady, who has to have broccoli with every meal and who is just completely annoying in every respect, oatmeal lady, who actually is pretty normal except she needs her special stone-cut oatmeal--served cold--at each breakfast, and even once you get past all the other people for whom we actually have names there are the people who come into the kitchen (you can't do that! not allowed!) and do various things. one woman was clearly on ecstasy and just danced her way through, trying to involve the staff at one point. that was fucking weird.

luckily all the supervisors and department heads (all the staff in general, really) are very sane, wonderful people so we mostly only have to deal with bullshit from campers, not from up top

redhead on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    L|ama wrote: »

well almost.

ahh, australia

what the hell

Usagi on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    redhead wrote: »
    my summer job is working in the kitchen of this (awesome) camp run by the city of berkeley. it's not for kids; it's for whole families, and part of the appeal is that we make, like, actual food. none of that reheated bullshit. it's good stuff, too.

we get a lot of dietary requests for which we have to make special food, of course. about half of them are legitimate (allergies, coeliac disease, etc) and the other half are either crazy or annoying.

one of my favorites is the guy who told my supervisor to make his kid plain pasta because "she has had to eat nothing but lucky charms for two days because you guys just refuse to make anything she likes to eat!" (the lunch that day was pizza. what kind of fucking kid what the hell)

she made plain pasta during the most hectic part of the meal where I'm sure she had about 1000 other things to do. she brought it out, he told her to "sprinkle some cheese over the top, thank you hmm yes"

she does, brings it back out. "oh, no it turns out she doesn't like cheese." so she makes him more plain pasta.

this kind of shit happens all the time, actually. there's broccoli lady, who has to have broccoli with every meal and who is just completely annoying in every respect, oatmeal lady, who actually is pretty normal except she needs her special stone-cut oatmeal--served cold--at each breakfast, and even once you get past all the other people for whom we actually have names there are the people who come into the kitchen (you can't do that! not allowed!) and do various things. one woman was clearly on ecstasy and just danced her way through, trying to involve the staff at one point. that was fucking weird.

luckily all the supervisors and department heads (all the staff in general, really) are very sane, wonderful people so we mostly only have to deal with bullshit from campers, not from up top

replace "families" with "animes" and you have described my summer job!

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    what is this camp for

the requests you got surprised me until you mentioned it was in berkeley

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »

well almost.

ahh, australia

what the hell

well shit in my mouth and call it ice cream

Bad-Beat on