As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stupid, stupid customer base (terrible customer reviews)

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    logic7 wrote: »
    ok then... it was a purely racist statement.

whatever, homeslice

please check your groin and armpits for painful swellings

saying that my spreading "C'mon Man" sketches by a Black DJ/comic is akin to spreading the "black plague" makes it appear that the OP's intent was to say that spreading Black comedy is a bad thing.

Of course, since I'm Black, this is how I see it... Could I be wrong? Yep. Am I wrong? Don't know.

You're Black with a capital B, huh?

I'm from the Red nation myself

We get a bonus with fire-based attacks, it's pretty awesome

Dang Tieflings.

Screw you, berk

Primes always hating on us

Go back to yer reservation, ya long-tailed varmints.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ok then... it was a purely racist statement.

whatever, homeslice

please check your groin and armpits for painful swellings

saying that my spreading "C'mon Man" sketches by a Black DJ/comic is akin to spreading the "black plague" makes it appear that the OP's intent was to say that spreading Black comedy is a bad thing.

Of course, since I'm Black, this is how I see it... Could I be wrong? Yep. Am I wrong? Don't know.

You're Black with a capital B, huh?

I'm from the Red nation myself

We get a bonus with fire-based attacks, it's pretty awesome

Dang Tieflings.

Screw you, berk

Primes always hating on us

Go back to yer reservation, ya long-tailed varmints.

If only Planescape wasn't so full of bastards saying that they were demigods or magic fairy demigods or half demon vampires with gigantic tits or demifairies with gigantic demon gods

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    logic7logic7 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    damn... forgot I can't edit...

it seems they also attended Cass Tech, though Lily would have graduated the year before Diana was a freshman.

logic7 on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    My favorite line from The Jerk is when he's leaving

or that really long, awkward speech he gives to the girl while she's sleeping

And this paddle ball game. . .and this lamp. . .*sniff* and this dog. . .

fuck I think I'm gonna do a Steve Martin marathon this weekend, now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4aEJ_6TNZQ

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    He was really great in Shopgirl

If I were going to fall for an older man, I could do worse than Steve Martin.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

He's written several plays intended to be performed by high schools and has been known to show up at performances. My wife briefly considered putting on one of his but they're going with "And then there were none" instead.

The original title of which was 'ten little please ban mes' and then corrected to 'ten little indians'

it still has a line about the please ban me in the wood pile, though.

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I rented Eat Lead: The Return Of Matt Hazard

I heard it was merely okay, not worth a purchase though, but I was still interested in it

and man I'm glad I rented it

this game is like the epitome of mediocre

Moriveth on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

He's written several plays intended to be performed by high schools and has been known to show up at performances. My wife briefly considered putting on one of his but they're going with "And then there were none" instead.

The original title of which was 'ten little please ban mes' and then corrected to 'ten little indians'

it still has a line about the please ban me in the wood pile, though.

I remember hearing about that because some high school in Oregon where the administration refused to let their drama dept put it on, Martin caught wind of it, and helped pay for it to be done at a local theater.

Then of course, there's this:

martin-card.jpg

Gives'em out when people ask for his autograph :D

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Steve Martin's interpretation of the 1920's German Farce, "The Underpants" is pretty damn funny as well.

I got to play the "leading man" character in our community theater.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I rented Eat Lead: The Return Of Matt Hazard

I heard it was merely okay, not worth a purchase though, but I was still interested in it

and man I'm glad I rented it

this game is like the epitome of mediocre

You don't get it man it's PARODYING mediocre games! It's IRONIC!

I'm surprised Teefs hasn't named it game of the year.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That reminds me that I gotta buy Steve Martin ticketttttttssss

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Steve Martin is a gorgeous man

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    again, why would they pay for gingers? if you're going to use them for slave labor or kindling then just go with a free option like a Mexican child

:cry:

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

martin-card.jpg

Hahah nice

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    FuzzFuzz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Since this thread is all random and shit I'm just going to put my story right here. It belongs here now.

My dad owns the only hispanic grocery store in a pretty sizable hispanic community. As such, we get a lot of business. Back before college started raping me I would occasionally drive the hour or so down there to help out on weekends (the busiest days)

My Spanish has never been terrifically good; I can get away with understanding and slowly uttering something that makes sense, but because most of the customers speak very fast, thick accented + country-specific vocabulary, I just stick to english and explain that my spanish is weak.

As such, I tend to do a lot of background stuff like stocking shelves, helping in the kitchen, or making sandwiches. This day I was making sandwiches, which is behind the registers and off to the left.

I'm making a few orders when I hear this guy yelling to me in spanish. He wanted me to get him some cheese or something out of the cooler, the opening of which is on my side, so that he can get in line and pay for it. Typically people just wait till they get to the register to ask for this kind of stuff, but he was trying to be a time-saver or some shit.

I explain to him in broken spanish that I can't help him very well and it's not really my job to do that. He starts yelling at me saying something about me being lazy, and that he would talk to my manager. At this point he skips everyone in line to talk to the girl behind the register who quickly grabbed what he was talking about, rang him up, and let him on his way.

The guy comes back to me and says, in spanish, "You see, this is what I was talking about," shoving whatever it was into my face, and then says, "You need to shape up, because these girls are going to get you fired. It's a shame you don't know spanish, you should be ashamed."

I was a teenager at the time, so this hurt me pretty bad. To this day I'm still pretty insecure about my spanish and confronting hispanic people.

The guy then goes over to my manager, AKA MY DAD, and explains what happened.

My dad stood there smiling and after the guy finished ranting about how I should be fired my dad goes "He's my son. You can leave now." The guy had a very shocked and apologetic look on his face (the customers around there kinda view my dad as a celebrity/God) and then quickly left the store.

Fuzz on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    It's kind of funny that a guy who speaks no English is calling you lazy for not speaking better Spanish.

"YOU'RE NOT REALLY FLUENT IN A NON-ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN A PRIMARY ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY? YOU LAZY FUCK"

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    It's kind of funny that a guy who speaks no English is calling you lazy for not speaking better Spanish.

"YOU'RE NOT REALLY FLUENT IN A NON-ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN A PRIMARY ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY? YOU LAZY FUCK"

hispanic store in a hispanic community you stupid fuck

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009

I don't think it's any less mean to get that aggressive with someone in an English community for not speaking good English.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited October 2009

I don't think it's any less mean to get that aggressive with someone in an English community for not speaking good English.

IT'S NOT AN ENGLISH COMMUNITY YOU FUCKING RETARD IT'S HISPANIC

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Quick backtrack to the topic of shitty customer for a second.

I used to work in a meat department for a grocery store, we didn't sell fresh cold cuts, just pre-packaged stuff...and steak I guess.

Enter crazy old hag, we didn't have a nickname for her but simply saying "Did she come in today?" would be enough for any of us to know who you were talking about.

Around mid-day (right about when the manager is off taking a lunch-break or doing paperwork) during the week she would come in and complain that half package of meat she had expired and claimed to have bought it not realising it's expired. Of course, I worked for corporate so we just had to bend over and take it. She would then get refunded and buy another pack of meat.

The worst part is she did this EVERY WEEK without fail and I worked there for two goddamned years. We tried nearly everything to get the spineless assholes who called themselves our bosses to do something but they just said there was no proof and it was too time consuming and dangerous for our customer approval rating.

I hate customers.

Sipex on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Guys, guys.. can't we all just be friends?

Fuzz on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Fuzz wrote: »
    Guys, guys.. can't we all just be friends?

with you? sure

but not with everyone

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009

IT'S NOT AN ENGLISH COMMUNITY YOU FUCKING RETARD IT'S HISPANIC

Dru did you just glaze over my post and ignore the actual point of it, or are you just deliberately pretending to be retarded because you feel like acting like asshat?

I understand the situation, and I still think it is mean and a little arrogant to get on someone's case for not speaking two languages fluently.

It is annoying to deal with someone that cannot speak the local language very well, but getting loud and aggressive with them over it is just mean and doesn't really help anything except make the other party feel guilty, as evidenced in Fuzz's post.

Also, calm the fuck down, what the Hell is wrong with you?

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited October 2009
    chill_pill.jpg

Everyone take only one, please.

Fuzz on
  • Options
    logic7logic7 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sipex wrote: »
    Quick backtrack to the topic of shitty customer for a second.

I used to work in a meat department for a grocery store, we didn't sell fresh cold cuts, just pre-packaged stuff...and steak I guess.

Enter crazy old hag, we didn't have a nickname for her but simply saying "Did she come in today?" would be enough for any of us to know who you were talking about.

Around mid-day (right about when the manager is off taking a lunch-break or doing paperwork) during the week she would come in and complain that half package of meat she had expired and claimed to have bought it not realising it's expired. Of course, I worked for corporate so we just had to bend over and take it. She would then get refunded and buy another pack of meat.

The worst part is she did this EVERY WEEK without fail and I worked there for two goddamned years. We tried nearly everything to get the spineless assholes who called themselves our bosses to do something but they just said there was no proof and it was too time consuming and dangerous for our customer approval rating.

I hate customers.

when I worked at best buy back in '94, their return policy was something like 90 days with recipt and you get a cash refund. We had a guy that would come in and buy something and return it the day before his return period expired, then turn around and re-buy that same item. The one thing I remember quite clearly is that he returned a Sega Genesis three times over the course of a month and each time we refunded him in cash. The final time, he just took his cash and left.

It turns out that he gutted a genesis of it's motherboard in one, returned another with two busted controllers CLEARLY a couple of years old, a nd the third one had a fried power supply and a Sonic cart with the rom board missing.

We were hoe'd for a complete genesis system.

logic7 on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    yes, yes you are

Usagi on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    yes, yes you are

Yeah. I totally just deleted the thing you replied to. Haha.

I missed the part in the beginning where is said "hispanic community" before I made my sarcastic comment. I deleted it so as not to look like an ass.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    it's not like "cheese" is hard to say.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    yes, yes you are

Yeah. I totally jusst deleted the thing you replied to. Haha.

you're a big man now

Usagi on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    yes, yes you are

Yeah. I totally just deleted the thing you replied to. Haha.

I missed the part in the beginning where is said "hispanic community" before I made my sarcastic comment. I deleted it so as not to look like an ass.

That's ok, we remember it so you're still an ass. No worries.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wait, did he make fun of me? Because if he did, well, Spanish Law declares that I must kill him.

Fuzz on
  • Options
    SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I just read this entire thread. And now it's time for post #2.

I grew up in a tiny farming community in the middle-of-nowhere Kansas. Options for high school jobs were pretty limited: You could work at the grocery story, the pizza place, the ice cream shop, or the Pizza Hut that was on the edge of town along the high way. When I went looking for jobs, Pizza Hut hired me right off the bat so I worked there for about nine months for my first job. I had a whole host of shitty experiences, not all of them concerned with awful customers, so I'll divide them up.

Coworker stories:
    The manager was a creepy dickwad. He was this skinny, skeevy looking dishrag of a man who thought that the best way to talk to a shy 16-year-old girl was to sidle up behind her, grab her by the arm, and stand about FOUR FUCKING INCHES away from her to tell her she's doing a good job, while speaking in a child-molester voice. That girl was me. I was shy and had serious problems telling authority figures to back the fuck off, so rather than saying "Back the fuck off" I would instead go completely stiff and just lean away from the guy as far as I could without being rude, while maintaining a stiff, wide-eyed terrified smile on my frozen-in-fear face. My friend who worked with me called it my "Stuffed deer in the headlights" look.

This creepy dickwad manager had a loser 24-year-old daughter who, at 24 years of ripe old age, was still incapable of making it past her first year or so of community college in spite of the fact that she'd been trying since she (somehow) made it out of school at 18. So of course this manager has the brilliant idea to hire her as his assistant manager, nepotism be damned! She was a complete fugly idiot and unbelievably lazy to boot - her tips sucked as a result and I had to work hard to keep her from stealing my tables as the customers were paying so she could keep my tips.

Anyway, at one point I was working a weekday night when this bitch (her name was Summer, fuck changing names) comes up front and, with a deadly serious look on her face, tells me that a bunch of money (in the form of $50s and $100s) is missing from the register. Now, at that point anyone could open the register, but to take a shitton of money would be tough since there was always someone walking around up front - still doable though, as our dumbfuck manager had stolidly refused to install security cameras because it would "cost too much" - much more than having our register robbed, obviously! So Summer calls the cops and we end up staying til 11:30 at night while they interview everyone working that night. There was a cook named Jesse who had a decent history of arrests for drug possession, excessive drunkenness, so he was the prime suspect. He was completely pissed and kept saying he hadn't done a damn thing. Even I kinda thought it was Jesse. No one could prove anything, so they ended up letting us go at 11:30 and then they had a cop follow each of us home. (something I did not notice til I made the turn to my house) Jesse was "let go" a few weeks later on trumped-up reasons, which was too bad because he was nice. But the register kept getting robbed so it obviously hadn't been him. The dickwad manager started going CRAZY about installing every form of prohibitive security EXCEPT for security cameras. That combined with a whole host of stupid shit led to me quitting within a few months.

Later on, while working at the ice cream shop in town, I found out from my boss (who was dating the 2nd assistant manager at the hut, who was a complete hottie btw, oh god I hope he doesn't read this) that it had been Summer the whole fucking time. Bitch had been stealing the cash, then dropping it in a box right outside the back door while no one was looking, then she'd pick it up after everyone had left. (as assistant manager she would lock up and leave about 15 minutes after everyone else) She got caught when someone followed her out when she did the drop. It pisses me off, though, because she literally blamed and yelled at EVERYONE who worked there. She would also try to pull the whole "buddy-buddy" thing where she'd cozy up with someone and try to get them to investigate the other person on the shift, thus casting suspicion on that other person. RAWR what a bitch.

Awful customer story:
    We closed at 10 p.m. on weekday nights, but things got reallllly slow starting around 9 p.m. so we'd usually start cleaning up around then. Oven would be shut off at 9:45 and so by the time we closed the doors at 10 we were ready to leave within 5-10 minutes. We would still occasionally get the dicks who would come in around 9:45 and expect full service, but once they realized we closed at 10 they were nice enough to hurry out... usually.

One night a group of four drunk guys comes in at 9:30 and orders a shitton of food and beer. They're hitting on me like crazy and I'm thoroughly creeped out and getting pretty upset about it. I'm too young to serve the beer so I have to get one of the cooks to bring it out, so at this point the guys had to realize I was underage. But they continue to harass me, to the point where I ask one of the cooks to take the food out for me and check on the table for me - I tell him he can keep the tip, it's not worth it to me. In the meantime, I'm moving around the restaurant doing my usual cleanup duties, when one of the drunk guys walks over to me and REALLY starts laying it on thick. I don't remember what he said (it's been 7-8 years now) but it was bad enough to upset me and for me to tell him to stop. I walked back into the kitchen and didn't come back out until the guys were finally done and ready to pay, around 11 p.m.

Since I was the only waitress still there, I was the one who had to ring them up at the register. They all pay separately, like dicks, and at that point I'm so exhausted that I'm leaning on the counter, chin on my hands, ringing them up. The last guy comes up, he's slobbering drunk, and he grabs my face between his hands and OH GOD HE KISSES ME WITH HIS SLOBBERY MESSY MUSTACHED FACE AND OH GOD THAT'S A TONGUE HE'S SHOVING HIS TONGUE BETWEEN MY LIPS YEAHGHGHGHGHHGHHHH. I throw myself backwards and he cackles and walks out the door. The guys go tearing off in their car. I burst into tears and run back in the kitchen where I tell Summer, assistant manager, what happened. She laughs at me and asks if I got a good tip. I'm upset and now I'm confused because I'm PRETTY SURE that was harassment but Summer seems to think it's no big deal.

I go home and tell my parents and they call their cop friend (it's a small town). The next day when the drunk guys come back to Pizza Hut, the cop friend happens to be there for lunch and he recognizes them based on my description. He's like "fuck these guys, we're gonna have some fun!", radios for backup, three other cop cars roll up and they tell the drunk guys to hit the road. The look on their faces was pretty priceless, I have been told.

Spacemilk on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

martin-card.jpg

I love this man.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Don't worry dude who people are calling an ass or whatever. Everyone here is an ass hole.

A hole for asses.

There is room for three more asses in this ass hole.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Jordyn wrote: »
    it's not like "cheese" is hard to say.

Well if had just said "queso blanco" it wouldn't have been a problem, but he said several contradicting things and in the end I believe he left with some sort of catfish, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, it was a long time ago.

Fuzz on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    it's like

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

*click*

everyone go back to looking miserable.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    My favorite line from The Jerk is when he's leaving

or that really long, awkward speech he gives to the girl while she's sleeping

And this paddle ball game. . .and this lamp. . .*sniff* and this dog. . .

fuck I think I'm gonna do a Steve Martin marathon this weekend, now.

SOMEBODY'S TRYING TO KILL ALL THESE OILCANS!

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    my mom hasn't figured out yet that posed pictures look terrible and everybody hates them and candids not only look better but are far, far less irritating.

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wait, did he make fun of me? Because if he did, well, Spanish Law declares that I must kill him.

No he was mocking the guy who wanted cheese cos he apparently missed the "hispanic community" part

But personally I think that guy was an asshole because when Brit expats go to Spain or France and live in their little communities without making any effort to learn the language (I mean man what is the point of moving if instead of exposing yourself to the culture you're just living in a fucking clone of Merseyside) while lombasting the Spanish/French temps for not being perfectly fluent... I think they're a bit asshole-esque

So, in the interests of fairness, I propose that living in America and getting all self righteous at a guy in your local store who can't speak Spanish well is just as douchey as living in Spain and whining that they can't speak English well

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

No he was mocking the guy who wanted cheese cos he apparently missed the "hispanic community" part

But personally I think that guy was an asshole because when Brit expats go to Spain or France and live in their little communities without making any effort to learn the language (I mean man what is the point of moving if instead of exposing yourself to the culture you're just living in a fucking clone of Merseyside) while lombasting the Spanish/French temps for not being perfectly fluent... I think they're a bit asshole-esque

So, in the interests of fairness, I propose that living in America and getting all self righteous at a guy in your local store who can't speak Spanish well is just as douchey as living in Spain and whining that they can't speak English well

I think the pertinent issue here is whether or not dueling would be officially sanctioned under Spanish Law.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg