As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stupid, stupid customer base (terrible customer reviews)

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    yes, yes you are

Yeah. I totally just deleted the thing you replied to. Haha.

I missed the part in the beginning where is said "hispanic community" before I made my sarcastic comment. I deleted it so as not to look like an ass.

You mean this thing?
    It's a shame that guy lives in America and doesn't know how to ask for cheese.

Oh, whoops. I'm being intolerant, aren't I?...

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    FuzzFuzz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh.. well, that's disappointing..

Fuzz on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Fuzz wrote: »
    Wait, did he make fun of me? Because if he did, well, Spanish Law declares that I must kill him.

No he was mocking the guy who wanted cheese cos he apparently missed the "hispanic community" part

But personally I think that guy was an asshole because when Brit expats go to Spain or France and live in their little communities without making any effort to learn the language (I mean man what is the point of moving if instead of exposing yourself to the culture you're just living in a fucking clone of Merseyside) while lombasting the Spanish/French temps for not being perfectly fluent... I think they're a bit asshole-esque

So, in the interests of fairness, I propose that living in America and getting all self righteous at a guy in your local store who can't speak Spanish well is just as douchey as living in Spain and whining that they can't speak English well

I think the pertinent issue here is whether or not dueling would be officially sanctioned under Spanish Law.

When my dad lived in Spain- beyond the stories of British assholes being mean to locals- the one tale that really stood out to me was when these two old guys had a blazing row in the street over some girl from fifty years ago

They were split up by family members

And then came back to meet at the same spot later on and began battering the hell out of each other with big walking sticks

And their sons got really bruised when they finally got them seperated, swearing and cursing each other for ever being born

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    you said battering and I imagined like pancake batter

just covering each other in batter

mmmm

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I think the pertinent issue here is whether or not dueling would be officially sanctioned under Spanish Law.

It's more of a killing him to teach him a lesson.

Fuzz on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Wait, did he make fun of me? Because if he did, well, Spanish Law declares that I must kill him.

No he was mocking the guy who wanted cheese cos he apparently missed the "hispanic community" part

But personally I think that guy was an asshole because when Brit expats go to Spain or France and live in their little communities without making any effort to learn the language (I mean man what is the point of moving if instead of exposing yourself to the culture you're just living in a fucking clone of Merseyside) while lombasting the Spanish/French temps for not being perfectly fluent... I think they're a bit asshole-esque

So, in the interests of fairness, I propose that living in America and getting all self righteous at a guy in your local store who can't speak Spanish well is just as douchey as living in Spain and whining that they can't speak English well

I am completely on board with you on this one, Edcrab.

Regardless of what neighborhood you live in, if you are living in a country that is overwhelmingly raised on English as a primary language, it seems reasonable that at some point in time you will earn at least a moderate degree of English.

If you can't be bothered to do this, it seems hypocritical to criticise others who have actually learned some of your own language, but not enough to communicate very well.

Fuzz may not speak good Spanish, but it seems like the customer probably didn't speak English any better (if at all), which makes him kind of a douchebag for giving Fuzz shit over it.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

When my dad lived in Spain- beyond the stories of British assholes being mean to locals- the one tale that really stood out to me was when these two old guys had a blazing row in the street over some girl from fifty years ago

They were split up by family members

And then came back to meet at the same spot later on and began battering the hell out of each other with big walking sticks

Now, if a crowd had quickly gathered and started placing bets...

I might have to move to Spain.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    That Guy ThereThat Guy There Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    JC of DI wrote: »
    -snip-
    -snip-

I feel your pain, broseph. People call in her all the time wanting to access their insurance accounts and (surprise, surprise) I can't get into them without you verifying who you are by giving me your ID #, birthdate, address, etc.

Again, my work is connected to Medicare. The federal government. The people that will fire me and throw me into federal pound-you-in-ass prison if I fuck around.

So forgive me if I keep my job by asking some simple information that you and/or your spouse and/or your power of attorney are supposed to keep handy. No, bitch, I can't get into your file. Call back when you know what's up. Yes, I definitely apologize for protecting your identity.

Know what you need to have handy before calling in. That simple.

Couple pages back but whatever.

Seriously though, it really isn't that hard to have even a little bit of your act together. I am willing to go out of my way to get people where they need to be, fix whatever issue they have, make sure they are taken care of. Just give me a CLUE to go on. Have SOMETHING for me to use.

I have run into many situations like yours where I have to turn people away rather than lose my fucking job. I am technically security, so don't tell me to "bend the rules just the once" and you promise you won't tell anyone wink wink. Uhhhhhhhh no. I can and will be fired and potentially legally bitchslapped were I to do so in some instances soooooooo fuck right off.

That Guy There on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »

Regardless of what neighborhood you live in, if you are living in a country that is overwhelmingly raised on English as a primary language, it seems reasonable that at some point in time you will earn at least a moderate degree of English.

If you can't be bothered to do this, it seems hypocritical to criticise others who have actually learned some of your own language, but not enough to communicate very well.

Fuzz may not speak good Spanish, but it seems like the customer probably didn't speak English any better (if at all), which makes him kind of a douchebag for giving Fuzz shit over it.

I'd think that if you're employed in an x store in an x community and appear to be in a customer service position, speaking x language would be part of doing your job. In this particular situation, it sounds like Fuzz might not have actually been in a customer service position, and the guy certainly over-reacted, but I don't see why the country takes precedence over the community in terms of job requirements.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd think that if you're employed in an x store in an x community and appear to be in a customer service position, speaking x language would be part of doing your job. In this particular situation, it sounds like Fuzz might not have actually been in a customer service position, and the guy certainly over-reacted, but I don't see why the country takes precedence over the community in terms of job requirements.

This is a weird situation to discuss it over as well, since he probably wasn't so much 'hired' as his dad asked him to help out around the store. He probably gets paid, but he didn't seek out the work, and most likely if his dad was replacing him then he'd look for somebody who was fluent in both Spanish and English.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

It shouldn't

But at the place my dad covered during the holidays, customers had the courtesy to speak Spanish slowly, and they laughed it off when I got things wrong

Besides with that logic you'd never have new starters, and everyone who took such a role onboard would have to speak the language like a native

Either way said customer was a douchebag

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

It shouldn't

But at the place my dad covered during the holidays, customers had the courtesy to speak Spanish slowly, and they laughed it off when I got things wrong

Besides with that logic you'd never have new starters, and everyone who took such a role onboard would have to speak the language like a native

Either way said customer was a douchebag

It doesn't even sound like he really wanted to be there to begin with, and was just helping his Dad out, so I can't help but sympathize.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Obviously the guy thought he was an employee, but it's still douchebag thinking

"What, this shelf stacker has the audacity to work in our community without speaking good Spanish? I shall give him a piece of my mind!"

I've seen the exact same thing happen, in reverse

Yes sir our new starter is terrible how dare she not understand your slurred Cockney demands that we ourselves can barely grasp

Here, let me introduce you to her 240lb brother and we shall take you to the seaside and half-drown your ass

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    By which I don't mean abusing his donkey

Also Annie since you're here, play some TF2 with us the damn server is empty

Same goes to dru etc. when you see this

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Yes sir our new starter is terrible how dare she not understand your slurred Cockney demands that we ourselves can barely grasp

See, when I tried saying that, Dru started foaming at the mouth.

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Well, if you're gonna twist my arm about it...

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Cool! Lets kill mans

Also Goatmon I think it was more cos you phrased your posts badly and it's quite feasible that Dru just thought you were failing to grasp that it was a hispanic community

I don't think he was trying to posit that it'd ever be understandable to explode at a shop worker for that reason

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Your original post about an English-speaking country makes it sound like you think the concern is linguistic priority, rather than the more obvious issue of customers' overblown reactions to faults in non-critical service industries.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009

Your original post about an English-speaking country makes it sound like you think the concern is linguistic priority, rather than the more obvious issue of customers' overblown reactions to faults in non-critical service industries.

exactly

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dru said exactly to a quote tree that I featured in

And the prior quote did not contain the phrase "Edcrab is a dumbfuck"

Finally, I am close to acceptance

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    sometimes I go to cheapassgamer to look for video game deals

the userbase there seems to consist almost entirely of the cheapest, most self-entitled assholes I've ever seen

these people would shoot their own mothers to save five bucks on a ds game

I suppose that's not really a surprise, but still, jeez

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    ed I ain't got a problem with you
    I may have disagreed with some things you've said in the past, but you don't "stand out" to me as a stupid dude

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    edcrab is a dumbfuck

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Disagreed with me? But I'm so lovable and... astute! And lovable!

Also Pip low, predictable blow

Like an amateur boxer who is very short, or a reliable hooker

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SOTAR is a dumbfuck.

Am I doing this right?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    how are you guys doing

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    SOTAR is a dumbfuck.

Am I doing this right?

exactly

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    pip has convinced me

that pip is a dumbfuck

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Disagreed with me? But I'm so lovable and... astute! And lovable!

Also Pip low, predictable blow

Like an amateur boxer who is very short, or a reliable hooker

Hey, Pip is more than a reliable hooker. Pip is a professional.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    you're all dumbfucks

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    especially those of you in the jury

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    we're all gay babies here

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    gaybies

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sounds like a disease dogs give you.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Only from gay dogs
    Druhim wrote: »
    I may have disagreed with some things you've said in the past, but you don't "stand out" to me as a stupid dude

Man I remember that

And all because I said that we could burn old people to solve the energy crisis and fine people just for getting old to get us out of the recession

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Edcrab, quit reading that Ross Perot campaign literature

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    BusterK wrote: »
    Edcrab, quit reading that Ross Perot campaign literature

Old people don't need companionship. They need to be isolated and studied so that it can be determined what nutrients they have that might be extracted for our personal use.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Only from gay dogs
    Druhim wrote: »

Man I remember that

And all because I said that we could burn old people to solve the energy crisis and fine people just for getting old to get us out of the recession

See, a true entrepreneur would find a way to fine people for getting old, while burning them.

Two birds, one fire.

Loathing on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

That makes sense.

But I thought my second post on the subject, in response to Dru, made my point a lot clearer.

I thought wrong, apparently. :?

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited October 2009
    Just got back from Taco Bell drive thru. Dude at the register asked if I wanted to donate a dollar to the hungry children and I said no. Then one of his co-workers tried to convince me that donating to him was a better cause.

Fuzz on