Options

Stupid, stupid customer base (terrible customer reviews)

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    One day some poet was like "Hey this whole postmodern self-critical movement is pretty cool. I bet I can do that for poetry!"

And they wrote the poem

"Poetry more like Penisry" and it was pretty genius and awesome as an expression of an idea, that the entire fucking idea of poetry and really all art is hilariously absurd.

Then everyone else was like "THAT'S SO COOL I CAN DO THAT TOO" and started writing the same damn poem over and over again

And they all thought they were so fucking clever, because postmodernism, not realizing that even though postmodernism is awesome and great and writing in a postmodern voice can be pretty damn cool and artistic just writing a stupid poem that is terrible in every way but is totally a "comment" on poetry still means that the poem is terrible in every way.

And it happens with every art form because 90% of the people who study postmodernism get obsessed with the idea and forget that they should probably have some semblance of quality in their work too.

Ever been to an art school gallery?

Amy studied a Bachelors degree in fine arts (she's quite the painter and sculptor), and the many student exhibitions were always a smorgasbord of shit wth maybe one or two interesting and/or meaningful pieces somewhere.

For instance, one kid spent a couple of days recording ambient noise from riding the bus to and from Uni, and played this noise from a stereo hiden inside an old chest freezer with a pile of rotting meat sitting on top of it.

I couldn't figure it out. Even after I read his explanation of it.

What, that's totally easy. The daily routine after numerous years, the rotting flesh symbolizing the rotting minds and bodies of the work drones.

I don't really count simple substitution for worthwhile art

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    One day some poet was like "Hey this whole postmodern self-critical movement is pretty cool. I bet I can do that for poetry!"

And they wrote the poem

"Poetry more like Penisry" and it was pretty genius and awesome as an expression of an idea, that the entire fucking idea of poetry and really all art is hilariously absurd.

Then everyone else was like "THAT'S SO COOL I CAN DO THAT TOO" and started writing the same damn poem over and over again

And they all thought they were so fucking clever, because postmodernism, not realizing that even though postmodernism is awesome and great and writing in a postmodern voice can be pretty damn cool and artistic just writing a stupid poem that is terrible in every way but is totally a "comment" on poetry still means that the poem is terrible in every way.

And it happens with every art form because 90% of the people who study postmodernism get obsessed with the idea and forget that they should probably have some semblance of quality in their work too.

Amy studied a Bachelors degree in fine arts (she's quite the painter and sculptor), and the many student exhibitions were always a smorgasbord of shit wth maybe one or two interesting and/or meaningful pieces somewhere.

For instance, one kid spent a couple of days recording ambient noise from riding the bus to and from Uni, and played this noise from a stereo hiden inside an old chest freezer with a pile of rotting meat sitting on top of it.

What, that's totally easy. The daily routine after numerous years, the rotting flesh symbolizing the rotting minds and bodies of the work drones.

of course not, man

it's not for you

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

And they wrote the poem

i will show you why you're wrong using this scathing political cartoon

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am obviously not as smart as you, my scathing criticism of your wit of course born out of my lack of comprehension and my closed mind

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I used to work for a company that did asbestos investigations. I had to take a bunch of plaster samples in an old folks' home which included a dementia wing. It is a tonne of fun to be carrying a ladder and a satchel full of sample bags around Alzheimer's patients.

One guy followed me around the entire hour and a half I was there telling me every couple of minutes that he liked my coat and that I should let him have it. As I was taking samples from above the ceiling tiles (standing on my ladder), he kept tugging at it as though that would make me take it off and give it to him. While he was doing this, an old lady came up and grabbed the ladder and tried to swing it back and forth, possibly so I would fall off and give the guy my coat.

All the exit doors had keypads beside them and nobody had told me the pass code so I set off through the horde of shambling elderlies, looking for somebody who could let me out. One of the nurses or orderlies shouted down the hall, "The code is 3-4-8-2. Nobody here will be able to figure it out so don't bother shielding it from their view. Just make sure they don't escape."

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • Options
    LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    All the exit doors had keypads beside them and nobody had told me the pass code so I set off through the horde of shambling elderlies, looking for somebody who could let me out. One of the nurses or orderlies shouted down the hall, "The code is 3-4-8-2. Nobody here will be able to figure it out so don't bother shielding it from their view. Just make sure they don't escape."

Man, the first thing that came to mind was

'Fuck, it's like getting stuck inside a building with a whole bunch of zombies.'

Loathing on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Loathing wrote: »

'Fuck, it's like getting stuck inside a building with a whole bunch of zombies.'

Zombies would be more coherent in speech and smell better.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    FuzzFuzz Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Loathing wrote: »

Zombies would be more coherent in speech and smell better.

I'm laughing so much and I feel so bad.

Fuzz on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Uuuuggghhhh [STRIKE]bbraaaainnnssss[/STRIKE] taaapiiooccaaaaaaaaaa

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The Geek wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    I'm getting my arm replaced with a gun.

arm gun for football
    chest cannon for basketball
    pic00080.jpg

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    how pedestrian

s42deb.gif

this made me laugh way harder than it had any right to

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    pacman was so full of emotion in that game

pacman seething with rage was the greatest

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    it's the smug look on that pac man

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I bet he just ate a hot dog

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ZeroFill wrote: »

was it a boiled hotdog?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wren wrote: »

was it a boiled hotdog?

maybe he got there too late
    and just had hot dog soup

thus, rage.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wren wrote: »

was it a boiled hotdog?

hot god

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Apollo?

Antimatter on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Had to call someone yesterday to ask for our copy of Revenge of the Sith back, it was several months overdue. Guy answered and immediately hung up, then called back and hung up again as soon as I answered.

Ass. Unfortunately for him we can just send him to collections.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man, the day I quite Blockbuster, the other one in town sent the 1.25 I owed for a 'restocking fee' (I know it's bullshit, I worked there) sent my account info to collections. I can't fathom why; I've only ever worked at that store on a couple nights when they needed the help, and the guy wasn't half the ass my own manager was.

I gave him the money back in nickels, made him and watched him send off the 'received payment' info by mail, made him sign a paper that said I paid, and flipped him off as I left.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    should've paid him in pennies

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That would require extra effort on my part. I didn't have pennies, but I did manage to gather up enough loose change in my room that happened to have over a buck 25 in just nickels.

Also, this is the same store that I went into to put my name on a reservation list for the RB2 bundle for the Wii, because Wal-Mart was consistently giving me the 'not in yet' response, and I figured well they called me last year when I put my name down for a Wii, and one of my buddies who still works at my old store says they get pretty regular shipments, why not? So after putting my name down on my old store's list, I go here, and ask to do the same. Some bimbo behind the counter tells me "Yeah we don't do that here. First come first serve, and besides, you'll have to get it before ME". I left and say on the way out "That's one Rewards membership you're not getting tonight. Oh, say hi to <district manager's name> next time she's in too". That put a good look on her face.

Turns out two days later I had a guy check the backstock in Wal-Mart and they had one, stopped at Blockbuster, pressed it against the window and pointed at it, then left. No, I didn't have the foresight to say "You like apples?"

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    yeah, pretty sure that makes you the asshole.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The asshole for what? The nickels or the 'hey, got that game no thanks to you' move?

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    i thought it was general knowledge that you shouldn't bother preordering that kind of stuff since you can just pick it up at almost any big box store

potatoe on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    The asshole for what? The nickels or the 'hey, got that game no thanks to you' move?

pretty goddamn petty dude

glad I don't actually know you

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    forumer does something, judgement to follow

let he who is without dumb post cast the first flame

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    what's RB

oh Rock Band

who cares

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I used to live next to this guy, right. I went over to chill one day and he's in the middle of a phone conversation when he lets me in. I sit there and listen to him go on this big tirade about how the morals of America are just gone nowadays, and it's all the fault of big business. This is an hour long conversation after I arrive - who knows how long it was going beforehand. Americans take all their social cues from big business, whether they know it or not - so businesses need to stand up and start treating people right! It's just like those minorities in the inner city. Businesses feed on them and they learn from the businesses to feed on others. If the businesses would just fucking grow a pair we'd be out of this slump that all of America is in! There's so much more that I just lost in the blur of it all.

He was on the phone to Samsung over a dead pixel that showed up in his TV a year after purchasing it.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    One time I shit on a guy's car because the grill made it look like the car was giving me a funny look.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm not sure who's dumber in that story, your neighbor or the fact that you listened to it for over an hour.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Meh, I can admit it was an asshole move.

Seething hate for Blockbuster. It does things to a man.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jordyn wrote: »
    One time I shit on a guy's car because the grill made it look like the car was giving me a funny look.

You shit all sorts of odd places

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    One time I rented a movie from a blockbuster and returned the case back just full of wet noodles.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I've shit between the rocks at the North Jetty in Port Aransas, TX.

Wiped my ass with napkins.

I think that was the oddest place I've pooped, besides my pants.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Those poor suckers opening that case and wet noodles come flopping out, and augh god they're slippery and they can't pick them up and who would do such a thing this is horrible

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I pooped on a boat

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    One time I pooped on some ants. I was out camping and had to shit like mad, so I whip out the shovel and dig a hole for my poop. The ground was covered in pine needles, and all these carpenter ants come out and fall down in my latrine hole. Whatever. I had to shit. Pushed my pants to my knees, grabbed the cuffs and pulled up (so as not to let my pants sit on the ground) squatted over that hole full of ants and did a shit on 'em.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Let's move this conversation in a more noodle centric direction
    I'm having whole grain penne noodles for dinner
    With sausage and marinara

BusterK on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That is awesome Volyu.

Though I am also glad an ant didn't climb into your butthole.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg