As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Step 5: Remove [DOODLES] from microwave, mix in content of flavor packet. [NSFW]

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    He is a dashing leprechaun highwayman.

Tam on
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    tam have you tried a flatter approach similar to beavo's or cheeks

You have these really nice lines and rythms then go into it and start trying to paint it up but you lose the confidence the drawing has. The shapes of the forms you paint up arent reflecting the rythms youve designed into the lines.

Kendeathwalker on
  • J-PJ-P Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Less than a painting, more than a doodle, she's an outcast. You must Thrill her.

Linez
    smkielinez.jpg

Colorz
    smkiecolor.jpg

Bah, muddeh, gun is looks crappeh, whateveh, just having fun cause today was horrible.

Also crotch is messeh up. Tried making it look like she's sagging a bitteh.

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    cell shading might be good for you tam, as ken already suggested
    also you're using different shades of the same hue for your coloring, don't do that
    add in some more hues
    use color theory!

beavotron on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm doing a painting of Elmer Fudd for my mates 21st

35jhs8h.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    JP, that girls eye is faarrr too low... As long as thats her eye. And not some fake eye. But look, the bottom of it is almost on the same level as the bottom of her nose. I love the fake mouth though, super creepy neat. Awesome design.

Kochikens on
  • deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    beavotron wrote: »
    also you're using different shades of the same hue for your coloring, don't do that
    add in some more hues
    use color theory!

i thought hue and shades were one in the same D:

deadlydorito on
  • AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    add in some more hues
    use color theory!

Hues are colors like you buy in tubes. Shades are how much black you add and tint is how much white you add. Chroma is color purity/intensity. I think.

I should brush up on color theory too

Agentflit on
    edited November 2009
    add in some more hues
    use color theory!

then you need to review color theory

a hue refers to what you would call the color. so red is a hue, orange is a hue etc
    a shade is a hue with black added to it
    a tint is a hue with white added to it

edit: yeah flit got it :D

beavotron on
    edited November 2009
    add in some more hues
    use color theory!

but color theory is scary and complex!

Tam on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    the color theory is okay I guess

Loomdun on
    splat
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't know...I really like Tam's stuff with more form rendering. Though...I like everything that I do because I am amazing so that might be contributing.

rts on
    edited November 2009
    Pardon me, I'm just venting.

Super quick stuff. Dunno how long i took, 2 hours? I started like an hour after my last post...yeah, 2 hours.
    pd-copy.jpg
    Lines are shaky, tired and hungry, not good.

Just had a horrible experience today that i have to draw.

You know whats a good movie? Ikiru. It means "To live" in japanese. So motivational. Made by kurasawa, seven samurai guy.

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • pittenspittens Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    after a few minutes of hard staring my chick's feet do look like shower heads and not upturned feet goddamnit tam

I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING ELSE NOW. fix time.

sick panda, is that a radioactive or biohazard sign on his chest? i always forget (or neither :D)

pittens on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    man J-P my Pandroid is hating on that Panda bot big time. I smell a showdown in our future

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
    edited November 2009
    novseventh.png

Had to update this old ZOMBIEdude because by the time the DM finally got around to using him, shes changed like 43535045 things about him so hnnk. And now I hate a lot of the base drawing, and as I am going to sleep now theres like a million things I see that I want to fix, but probably won't have the time for because I have to update the 3 others before the game. OH WELL. I'm atleast going to fix the totally-fucking-flat turnip

why are nosebleeds (as a consequence of violence) so arousing?

Kochikens on
    edited November 2009
    Thane wrote: »
    man J-P my Pandroid is hating on that Panda bot big time. I smell a showdown in our future

Word man, If you do wanna do a quick comic book throw down, I'm game.

I dunno how yours works, but mine has a lady inside that controls it. The panda does move on its own on Limited A.I when she's not inside, as you might of seen in my last post of her riding on his shoulder, He's pretty big and tall. His hands will change into various weaponry.

I was actually inspired to make this guy from a deviantartist online. She had awesome red hair, and she loves panda's. I draw mech's similar to this guyhttp://www.pious.noxiousx.net/uploads/eb.jpg, same arms and legs, and I thought she would make a good addition to a comic book story I'm working on with flake and berb. She worked for the same company that builds various mechs.

I feel I may have cheated you though D: If so, I'll stop right away....but its soooo fun to draw.

Anyhoo, PM me if you want to do a quick battle like a "War for Arcadia" style.

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
    edited November 2009
    Pandroid was constructed by cerebrally enhanced pandas to protect themselves from predators and Chinese zoologists.

Then it went crazy and killed them all.

Now Pandroid roams the forest, forever alone.

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
    edited November 2009
    also this

2le2dlh.jpg

i was reading that Beta Ray Bill mini, and decided i wanted to draw him. Then i thought who i would want to star in the Secret Invasion:What if we lost. This is the team i came up with

Long armed Spidey-wearing Symbiote and stunted Ghost Rider

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
    edited November 2009
    Kochi, I don't know how much variation you want in your work, but just about every one of your faces I've seen is long with sharp features.

Tam on
    edited November 2009
    I know Tam, you said that last time I think? Someone did and I've listened to it, but, this is the same face/guy I posted while ago, hense the similarity, I've just revamped him at my DM's request. But yeah, since then I've been working at and practicing different face shapes and types, but nothings come out of my sketchbook and onto the computer in a longtime. :C

Kochikens on
  • MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    dekastudio2.jpg

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
    edited November 2009
    the nose hair is a bit distracting

beavotron on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    :lol: I hadn't noticed til you said that, and now I can't see anything else.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited November 2009
    wow.....ur right...k thanks for pointing that out

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Myk - Is that watercolour strip running along the right side done digitally or scanned traditional? EIther way i like. I reckon incoorporating traditional elements into your patterns/textures works really well.

winter_combat_knight on
    edited November 2009
    well its a digital watercolor texture turned ps brush...and lately its been a big fascination of mine to incorperate more natural looking textures. thanks for the comment

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SO Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is coming out, and my friends and i have a joke clan. Maybe it's real. We do play with each other, but it's a just for fun thing. The team name is taken from ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT when buster is in the army and says he earned a seal stuffed animal for marksmanship. He then says he's being put in a special unit called "Hero Squad", and later gets his hand bitten off by a seal wearing a yellow bow tie, (Released into the wild by his brother Gob who couldn't use them in his magic act)

I figured it was fun, and if you're an Arrested fan you might get a real kick out of it.

herosquadcolorcompletecopy.jpg

NakedZergling on
    edited November 2009
    his wrist is fucking broked

Tam on
  • ArfenhouseArfenhouse Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    pointx.jpg

Hour and a half thing after being bored all day. This is a daily ritual between my cats and I, usually lasts between 10 seconds and a few minutes. 8-) I feed them, they could give a shit.

Coloring is very very shoddy, especially in the background, was just trying to, as my umpteenth still life teacher repeated often, "get the local color in". Ah well.

Edit: Damnit, light source is all fubar'd on the figure. Why do I always notice these things AFTER I post here?

Arfenhouse on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    mom's makin soap. but it smells so bad.

PROX on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    robo sketchos

rob_1.jpg

rob_2.jpg

PROX on
    edited November 2009
    I'm sorry this took so long, Iruka. I'm pm'ing you the high res version

210ftqs.jpg

Tam on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    You're the best tam. THE BEST <3

Iruka on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So what is this...some kind of draw Iruka's avatar contest?

rts on
    edited November 2009
    No, it was me telling Iruka that I would do a redesign of her costume for her to color a few weeks ago and only finishing it now.

Also, no prob, Iruka.

Tam on
  • deadlydoritodeadlydorito __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    prox i love that robot dog and his glinting eye lawl

deadlydorito on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Really quick and dirty sketch for a zombie walk poster:

514xsj.jpg

Comments?

Flay on
  • robotsintheskiesrobotsintheskies Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Is the blood a subtle metaphor to the pain that is experienced when under the iron grasp of dental professionals?

If so, spot on.

robotsintheskies on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The zombie lurch is actually part of a protest against game censorship in Australia. I wanted to have three things in a single image: 1. zombies, 2. mouth (as in, speaking out), 3. some reference to nerdiness (hence the braces). This was the best idea I've come up with so far. When I finish it off and ink it, the blood will most likely be watercolour BTW (though it'll probably be printed in black and white).

Flay on
This discussion has been closed.